[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best online Trading Card Game to play right now,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

File: 234234.jpg (319KB, 1600x898px) Image search: [Google]
234234.jpg
319KB, 1600x898px
What is the best online Trading Card Game to play right now, /v/?

Gwent?
Hearthstone?
Elder Scroll one?
Duelyst?
Shadowverse?
>>
>you will never get into hearthstone

;_;
>>
not hearthstone.
>>
>>378940239
Try Gwent. They're ate numerous ways to play mtg online too, it's better than the rest of those games
>>
>>378940239
Gwent is absolute shit, or at least it was back in beta. Might have changed by now.

Hearthstone's strictly OK.

Duelyst is fucking great, with easily the best gameplay out of all of them.

The Elder Scrolls pone (Legends), and Shadowverse are both improvements upon Hearthstone's formula; I like the former a bit more, but that might just because I tried it more recently and hasn't gotten old yet. Try them if Duelyst's emphasis on positioning rubs you the wrong way for some reason.
>>
>>378940906
MtG is a great game in-person, but as a digital game it absolutely fails. The mechanics aren't designed with digital arbitration in mind.
>>
File: physics.webm (3MB, 436x526px) Image search: [Google]
physics.webm
3MB, 436x526px
>>
>>378941349
Yeah, it's just not the same when you can't have screaming matches with your friends about what activates first
>>
File: faeria-aurora.png (291KB, 564x441px) Image search: [Google]
faeria-aurora.png
291KB, 564x441px
No mention of faeria. feelsbadman
Although having played most of them they all have there Issues

Gwent is unwatchable,
hs has shit devs,
duelyist expansions are too small/crap,
shadowverse is anime which is going to turn away a bunch of potential plays because it seems like weebshit
>>
>>378941609
I'll give you that. I will say though, if you go through the trouble, you can play tabletop simulator with friends and upload and create any cards you want. And you'd dictate the rules as you normally would, just through a mic
>>
>>378940239
Hearthstone showed so much promise.

>Money grubbing Jew tactics
>Shit card mechanics
>Unbalanced classes
>Takes them forever to nerf OP decks

At this point it's only played because it is popular and accessible.
>>
>>378940906
Gwent is a good alternative card game because it's really not your classical "fight the other guy directly" and is more about winning through score.
>>
File: 330022.jpg (21KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
330022.jpg
21KB, 360x360px
>>378941625

I really like Faeria. They just need to advertise more/add some more cards.

Gwent, HS, Elder and Shadowverse all got that advantage of having voice acting.
>>
>>378940239
HS>Gwent>Shadowverse>Elderscrolls>Duelyst

Objective list.
>>
>>378942227
> HS>

WRONG.
>>
Eternal.
>>
>>378940239
Eternal. A close approximation of Magic designed by some Magic pros. Has PvE and PvP drafting.

Pokemon TCGO. The best TCG client out right now. You can trade your cards on a market (or play the market itself by sniping good offers), play in tournaments, play a prebuilt deck format, and there's not even a way to buy cards with cash yet apart from buying physical packs.

Spellweaver is worth a look, but it's mechanically it's Eternal-lite at this point.
>>
>>378942295
It's better than the rest on the list. Gwent is currently a mess, all the others are just inferior. RNG and removal may be shit, but there's not any good alternatives.
>>
>>378941625
Seconding Faeria

Also recommending Minion Masters
>>
Pokemon trading card game (online)
>>
I used to like duelyst a lot, but that fevor has completely disappeared due to
>shit card- and gamedesign in general, gotta have those action-packed 5 minute games so they printed cards with high-variance rng and high impact(answer or die) in general
>ignore is pretty irrelevant now when compared to beta, too much shit just doesn't care about it
>adventure-tier expansion design, can't use my big dust reserves to craft shit
I blame Eric Lang
>>
ygopro is my favorite, however gwent is better than hearthstone and i havent tried the others. I dislike online card games though, i dont get why youd pay for digital only in such a game
>>
>>378942423
>ignore is pretty irrelevant now
board is
>>
> but there's not any good alternatives.
Topkek if you believe this. Eternal alone is way better.
>>
>>378940239
None of those are trading card games though.
>>
>>378940239
>Trading Card Game
So none of the games you listed?
>>
>duelyst
200+ players

>faeria
800+ players

>shadowverse
10500+ players

the answer is obvious.
you don't play a dead card game

no idea what's HS's numbers are.
but it seems you will have no problem finding players to play with.

gwent is flavor of the month,
soon enough it will die alongside the others.
>>
war of brains
>>
I tried getting into HS recently. I can't describe what's wrong with it but something is lacking in terms of it for me maybe it's the fact that there aren't really many things you can do when it is your opponents turn like in Magic but most of the game kinda just feels like you are top decking into a victory.
>>
>>378942904
>the answer is obvious.

Faeria!
>>
>>378940239
None of them are trading card game, they are CCG. Collecting, no trading. Baffles me that no one corrected you.

Anyway

++Gwent and Shadowverse
+Duelyst
-
-- Hearthstone and Elder Scroll (They lowered the rewards something crazy to the point of no point playing)
>>
>>378940239
Played duelyst was fun
Played gwent was fune
Played shadowverse and hs were fun.

Out of all shadowverse is most fun. Gwent gets sooooo repeatative but i still play it

But hands dowm the best game is yugioh in terms of card game
>>
>>378941586
Based CDPR holy shit /ourguys/
>>
>>378943416
>>378942527
>>378942681

While it is good that you posted the correct term, I really hope you don't do this in the RL world. (for your own good)

People really hate getting correct, especially in a smartass kind of way.
>>
Pokemon Trading Card Game Online. You can actually get everything you need without having to pay a single dime. You get so much credit just by playing that you can average 3 packs bought per day with 2/3 hours of playtime. Most useful cards can be found in the theme decks and there's a lot of good ones to buy. Hell, you can even complete a whole expansion before another one comes out just by playing in tournaments, trading and opening packs.
>>
>>378941294
nothing you said can be taken seriously after that first sentence
>>
>>378944546
No one cares about your feelings. Kill yourself
>>
>>378940239
HEX
>>
Duelyst has always been fun for me. Little rng and somewhat balanced meta, especially compared to other CCGs
>>
>>378942227
Hearthstone is not new player friendly,have to atleast drop 40-80 buck to even get started or play ranked
>>
>>378941625
Duelyst will get a big expansion in about a month. Still don't know anything about it.
>>
Eternal is a pretty good digital mtg ripoff, pretty sure it's designed by pro mtg players too
>>
HS is lottery
Gwent is no fun allowed
>>
>>378940239

Gwent has amazing animations on its special cards

hopefully we get yu-gi-oh tier monsters appearing on the cards game one day
>>
I like shadowverse most, even if I havent played it for a while after my favorite deck became not so great.
>>
>>378940239
As far as I know only Pokemon actually lets you trade, but it's only "generous" if you do lots of trading because opening packs is complete trash

Just play shadowverse, or if you want variety do faeria, krosmaga, or gwent
>>
I've been playing a lot of eternal and shardbound
>>
>>378940239
>best
You mean least shitty.
Probably those old, free MtG ones that feature all the cards. All those commercial ones are cancer.
>>
I'm having more fun with Gwent than I ever did with Hearthstone.
>>
>>378946556
Not really fun to play only against monsters deck spamming white frost and ragnarok. Weather is broken af
>>
Gwent, Krosmaga, TES:L, Faeria or Shardbound? I only have time for one or two at most.
>>
>>378946817
>losing against monster deck
nigga just chuck some cows over on their side of the board
>>
>>378942374
>RNG is unavoidable and we shouldn't bother implementing actually good and balanced mechanics.
>>
>>378947198
I play scoia'tel only
>>
>>378946817
play northern realms
>>
>>378947330
kill yourself elf loving faggot
>>
>>378946424
SHANDALAR, it's really good.

mtg tournament grinder here:

magic is the best tcg I've seen for depth of gameplay, but due to dumbass WoTC bullshit and greed, it is mostly unplayable online and is an autist cesspit if you play in stores/tournaments.

I'm gonna try duelyst and gwent.
>>
>>378945383
Did you play it during the closed beta? It was shit.
>>
>>378947198
thatfucking cow is OP as fuck tho, if it was rare it would be OK but right now its non-stop spammed

I have been playing with the North for the last 10 hours, it rapes monster, scoiatel and skellige decks but against the South its shit, at least its lore-accurate I guess
>>
File: staymad.png (3MB, 1664x2536px) Image search: [Google]
staymad.png
3MB, 1664x2536px
The superior Elf cock scares you?
>>
File: IMG_20170601_070002.jpg (356KB, 1080x1599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170601_070002.jpg
356KB, 1080x1599px
Reminder that Shadowverse is currently giving players 40+ free packs and double rewards for daily missions to celebrate their first anniversary.
>>
Elder Scrolls Legends is made by the Eternal devs (Direwolf Digital) so it actually has good mechanics but in a coat of paint I care about.

>tfw hearthstone designed by magic pros never ever
>>
>>378947974
Yeah, too bad they killed their own game.
>>
>>378948250

I'm enjoying Legends a lot too. Played in beta back, low pop so I skipped it. Came back for Steam release and having fun.

I have no idea how to build decks in it however. Bit harder than HS with 50 cards?
>>
>>378948250
Eternal is dead, it has barely any players.
>>
File: 1479048922803.jpg (137KB, 800x712px) Image search: [Google]
1479048922803.jpg
137KB, 800x712px
>>378940239
Name a single Online Trading Card Game

Oh you can't?
Because none of them let you TRADE
>>
>>378948519
Hex? Mabinogi Duel also
>>
>>378948519
Pokemon TCG Online
>>
>>378948337
Probably because Bethesda forces the developers to work on TESL instead.
>>
Dead? I tried playing recently and had matches in like 10 seconds
>>
>>378948331
Honestly deck building is incredibly fluid in this. When I watch high ranked streamers they all have differently tuned decks and often change around cards as the evening goes on. It's vastly different from the rigid lists you get in Hearthstone so using 1 for 1 netdecks isn't really a thing.
>>
>>378949023

People stream this? I can never see it on Twitch
>>
>>378941825
>accessible
When I played not long after naxxramas there were already a shitton of fags farming dailies at rank 20 with quality decks.

Hearthstone is only playable if you feel like blowing a bunch of money on boosters. Otherwise you'll be playing for hours just trying to finish a couple fucking dailies for the hope of getting some decent cards.
>>
>trading card game
>cards cannot be traded
>>
File: Maid Leader (Evolved) 101221010.png (2MB, 853x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Maid Leader (Evolved) 101221010.png
2MB, 853x1024px
>>378940239
Shadowverse if you like free shit. You get like 50 packs for making a new account, a bunch of gold for single player stuff and they start giving out another 40 packs in two weeks or so because it's the game's anniversary.

Gotta love anime though.
>>
>>378947974

I would like to try shadowverse, but the art is so shitty I really can't stand it. And it's not even the case of me being anti-anime, there is a plenty of anime titles I enjoy, but the art in this game is shockingly unappealing to me.
Hearthstone is in a terrible state right now. It's expensive, there is ridiculous amount of rng, usually it's more like tossing a dice than strategy game. Eternal is a pretty good hearthstone clone, and from what I've heard Elder Scrolls Legends is pretty good, though I haven't tried it.

Gwent is easily the best ccg right now, I'm pretty sure the negative comments come from people who played it for a short amount of time and don't understand the game well. It's entry level is higher that hs or hs-clones, it's also less traditional ccg game, so it's harder to switch from hs to gwent than, let's say, from hs to eternal. But if you are looking for a good and less random / more strategy-driven game then you should try gwent and give it a couple of hours.
>>
>>378948250
>Hearthstone designed by MTG Pros
Pretty much shadowverse, granted it has its own share of problems, but they have a few MTG pros consulting for the game and even gave out packs to celebrate one of them winning a GP
>>
File: 1427995704118.png (131KB, 241x245px) Image search: [Google]
1427995704118.png
131KB, 241x245px
Did you know I'm now on Steam, anon?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/364470
>>
Hex could be amazing if they actually get around to adding all the mmo shit they pitched. The problem is they need to split their time making more pvp shit so it's taking forever.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.