[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Agents of Mayhem has so little hype it's unreal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 12

File: Agents_of_Mayhem_box_art[1].png (214KB, 282x352px) Image search: [Google]
Agents_of_Mayhem_box_art[1].png
214KB, 282x352px
Seriously, I think I haven't heard this game mentioned here in the last 6 months. Volition must have shitloads of money still floating around from Saint's Row ,right? Then why does this game have no hype whatsoever, and look so...lazy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx4LrxZ6vro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBD6bzCyZtg

It just...it has nothing going for it. I have no interest in playing it. It's like Saint's row, but more soulless (and after 4 that's saying something) and the whole "AHAHAHA I AM BEING HUMOROUS OH LOOK A MIDDLE FINGER" thing reminds me of anthony burch. Also,it's HIDEOUS! It looks like 5 or 6 years out of date graphically. I get that they're going for a cartoony look, but it just looks dull.

I think this game is going to tank. It might even kill the studio.
>>
It looks a lot like Battleborn, except not good
>>
Its going to flop for not being co-op. No one could stomach Saints 3, 4 and Gat without a friend.
>>
I can't get over it.

They have to know EXACTLY what kind of game people want them to make, an open world superhero/villain game with customizable powers and characters and shit. Co-op. this game has pre-made characters and NO CO-OP. And it just looks pointless. It's a crowded market in terms of open world games-why should i buy this instead of just dumping some time into GTA 5 or waiting for RDR 2?
>>
>>378939310
no co-op?

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING
>>
>looks kinda like Crackdown
I loved that game but there's something undeniably try-hard about this that just makes me want to keep it at arm's length. Not to mention it doesn't have coop at all despite having multiple characters available. Combat also looks dull as fuck despite the multiple characters and their unique abilities. I've no idea what the fuck they're doing wrong but they do not have my interest at all.
>>
Kill is fine
Blood is fine
A middle finger? Oh nono *censored*
>>
>>378939412
Exactly. I'm struggling to comprehend this decision.

The game also looks story heavy. and the way it plays looks floaty and strange. In SR 4 you can jump around and glide and stuff but there's SOME weight to it. This gamei s like 3D Bubsy or something.
>>
I feel bad for the devs, who knows how much time they have worked on.
>>
Because singleplayer battleborn is going to be a big flop

Idiots should stick to ripping off GTA
>>
http://www.pcgamer.com/agents-of-mayhem-impressions/

Oh boy....this is going to be ugly. this might warrant a CrowbCat video. I can't fucking wait.
>>
>>378939120
should have made Saints Row 5

my hottie Boss is the best boss
>>
File: 1496317590211.jpg (59KB, 910x752px) Image search: [Google]
1496317590211.jpg
59KB, 910x752px
>>378939120
sick of this "Everyone is a hero!" or "Everyone is a badass!!!!"

>LOL check out this female character that rollerblades around while wielding a fucking chaingun LOL BADASS

tired of this
>>
>>378940391
It you're going to emphasize that a character is a "brick shit-house" brawler, it's not wise to have them daintily float through the air like they're made of cotton candy.

This game is a mess of bizzare decisions. It feels like a somewhat interesting idea that was watered down and sodomized by committee into a forgettable aberration of a game.
>>
>>378940534

Remember Overstrike.
>>
>>378940582
no..please anon.

I don't want to remember.
>>
Oh yeah, that thing. Is it out? might give it a pirate for old time's sake.
>>
>>378940582
Fug.
>>
>>378940704
it's out in 2 months. You might as well pirate it, it's probably doomed.
>>
>>378939120
It looks a lot like Crackdown and that immediately has my nostalgia goggles on.
>>
>>378939120
Why not character creation?.
>>
>>378941045
Because fuck you, that's why. We spent MONTHS writing these unique and awesome characters you little shit, oh you want a variety ofm issions and enemies nad rich world you can interact with? Fuck you, here's the same 5 enemies recolred and long stretches of listening to characters youd on't give a fuck about try to be sound like snarky teenagers. Your 60 bucks, please.
>>
>>378939310
>Not co-op
lmao what the fuck
>>
>>378939120
It's likely going to flop. Don't know if it will kill the studio but I wouldn't be surprised. They might go the Gearbox way and desperately go back to a Saint's Row 5 or something.
It is impressive how unappealing everything is in it. Having thought this way since Battleborn, and I actually enjoyed Saint's Row 4.
>>
You've got to have sympathy for where Volition is at. Everyone was expecting some sort of Saints reboot or sequel eventually but where do you take a series that morphed from wacky gta to wub wub super hero sci fi? They can't just phone it in again like they did through most of 4 and Gat.

I just don't understand how Overwatch Row 3 was the best they could come up with in the mean time.
>>
>>378939120
Man those animations have zero weight.
>>
>>378939310
No co-op? Are you shitting me?
First they remove the character creator, and then co-op. That was like...the entire appeal of SR. This game is going to tank like a motherfucker.
>>
File: 063425.jpg (339KB, 1368x720px) Image search: [Google]
063425.jpg
339KB, 1368x720px
Choose your character
>>
>>378944041
Only two of these look vaguely acceptable.
>>
>>378944041
None of them.
>>
>>378943646
All they had to do was reboot Saints Row. As in, reboot SAINTS ROW.
SR2 was fucking GOAT aside from its flawed engine. Use a fancy new one and take the universe back to where it started, with its gangland roots.

I was hoping we'd get a Saints Row Five-O reboot where the Saints were an undercover gang task force and had to do the gang thing while still being able to draw on crazy Crackdown-esque police/STAG tech to pacify the wacky x-treme crowd. But really, I'd be fine with just some good old hood shit.
>>
>>378944041
I'm sure the roller derby tough grrl is insufferable but I'd still suck her fat futa dick
>>
>>378939120
The characters aren't interesting at all, at most they feel like bootleg Team Fortress
>>
File: 1348585643226.png (30KB, 193x199px) Image search: [Google]
1348585643226.png
30KB, 193x199px
You know a game is fucked when the only publicity it gets its people talking about what a huge flop it's gonna be.
>>
>>378944489
They look almost as boring as the combat.
>>
>>378944681
Was there any gameplay footage?
>>
This is by the same people who made saints row, right? Im not sure who puts in more design into the game, deep silver or volition, but this looks like shit.
Honestly I was fucking done with saints row after 4 because they killed my interest in their series and it took them years to actually make a new map for once.
but this.....this is just sad looking.
Why does every reincarnation of the heavy from tf2 have to be a buff sjw?
Why does the gameplay look so brain dead and sad?
>>
File: Jason the mason.jpg (64KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
Jason the mason.jpg
64KB, 768x576px
>>378939120
Looks like an exciting game I will thoroughly enjoy playing

>>378940391
Cant stand this too. Combine that with the fact that theyre scared shitless of offending ANYONE and they dont really have "cool" characters because the idea of being cool or badass stems from, I dunno, doing things youre not typically supposed to be doing? In this world and Battleborn everyone is awesome and non offensive, it becomes meaningless.
>>
>>378944737
Yeah, see the OP. Not sure how you managed to miss it.
>>
>>378944290
Well of course but it's probably easier said than done.

>hey just go back a recapture what made that game from nearly 10 years and 3 sequels ago so special but do it in a way that's fresh for old fans and appealing to new players
>new game plus+ added difficulty: you don't have a bland gta to show up against and the gangsta culture of the early games is so dated it's borderline retro now

I'm not convinced they could pull it off
>>
>>378944041
The dude with the red claw and mask. He's the only one that looks vaguely interesting
>>
>>378939120
They did it, they've made an Open World Battleborn, the absolute madmen
>>
>>378939120
I hadn't heard about it til I saw an ad for it on YouTube, where I thought it looked like hot fucking trash.
>>
We all collectively got bored of the open world sandbox after Ubisoft managed to wrangle it into a formula and shit out the exact same game every few months.
>>
>>378940062
>this might warrant a CrowbCat video
at this point it might do more good for its marketting than bad
>>
File: life.jpg (135KB, 1000x783px) Image search: [Google]
life.jpg
135KB, 1000x783px
I want to fuck Daisy so bad it hurts my penis. Why isnt she real?
>>
Friendly reminder this game needs to fail or else Saints Row is forever stuck in randumb shit
>>
File: 1477354141577.png (360KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1477354141577.png
360KB, 604x604px
I kind of want to have an open mind about it, but I really wasn't a fan of the brand of """humor""" that they went with in SR3 and especially 4, and it seems like they're still doing that. Getting rid of character creation just seems like a beyond retarded choice, that was one of the biggest things Saints Row had going for it imo

We'll see
>>
>>378939120
The moment I see an enemy health bar in a shooter is the moment I drop the game.
Do people actually find shooting braindead bullet sponges exciting?
>>
>>378945451
How is a health bar and poor ai related? Serious Sam has health bars and its used as a determiner of how long your attention should be focused on one enemy before moving to the next one.
>>
>>378945391
if the game fails the franchise is gonna be abandoned full stop
no matter what you do there's never gonna be another saints row game
>>
What is this obsession of Volition with the colors Purple?
>>
It looks like if Gearbox had developed Crackdown.
>>
>>378939217
So exactly like Battleborn?
>>
>>378945937
Battleborn was one of the best games last year, just overshills ruined it
>>
>>378945875
It's a good color.
>>
>>378940245
They should make Saints Row 2 4k
Change nothing except graphics

Maybe add in a customizable homie (same system as boss. buy their wardrobe) so you can have your lesbo boss and lackey
>>
File: 1484272072617.png (133KB, 767x411px) Image search: [Google]
1484272072617.png
133KB, 767x411px
>>378939120
>this whole post
>>
With you senpai, looks like all the terrible parts of the Saints series (floaty physics, sloppy ass combat and gunplay, shit looking characters) without any of the funny story, wacky characters and fun
>>
>>378946540
Did you read the post? It says it looks bad and it's going to flop. How is that shilling?
>>
File: discover-that-poppy-01.jpg (1MB, 2392x1232px) Image search: [Google]
discover-that-poppy-01.jpg
1MB, 2392x1232px
It looks alright and I like the artstyle so I'll give it a try. If it's shit I just return it.
>>
>>378947004
If it is so bad and have zero advertisement, why bother creating a thread and also post 2 game related videos?
>>
>>378947267
So you can get other people to make fun of it with you?
>>
>>378947267
it's almost like we're on a board for discussing video games or something...
>>
>>378946540
Wow you are a special little retard
>>
>>378947004
Reverse psychology.

He is still advertising it, talking about, reminding us that this exists.
>>
>>378944041
That one with zadornov's hand and {gangster} pierce are the only ones i care about.
IF any of the girls have nice asses i'll play them just for it though.
>>
> Heroes are diverse band covering all skin colors and both genders.

> Villain is an evil white man.

Hmm.
>>
>>378943646
SR4 ends with the implication of time travel. They can do anything, even going back to a more SR2 world going mad.
I realize how difficult this would've been but even Gat out of Hell would've been great if it followed the musical cutscene. That was literally the only highlight of the game.
>>
>>378939120
looks like shit
that art style is just atrocious
>>
>>378946024
Kill yourself Randy.
>>
I might pirate it
>>
They finally got tired of raping saints row, huh?
>>
>>378944041
...uuuuh, none?

Another developer to drink the diversity Kool aid.

You can have good diversity without forcing it and being a pandering cunt. I know there's a few stereotypes in fighting games, but they always seem to get it right and have a good range of different characters.

This is just embarrassing.
>>
>>378939120
The trailer was terrible, it looked like Battleborn
>>
>>378944041

massive white dude
>>
File: 1460622111198.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1460622111198.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>tfw battleborn get a sequel but not overwatch

kek blizzard is dead
>>
>>378944041

Holy shit, this looks
B A D A S S
A
D
A
S
S
>>
>>378940582
Ah shit, why did you have to remind me. Also

>>no coop wtf
>>
I played this at comic con the other week and it was pretty enjoyable. Humour just seems like standard saints row jokes and the character switching is fun.
>>
>>378944041
12 characters
1 - generic shit
2- yakuza aesthetic is always nice
3- pants-on-head retarded
4- generic, mook ninja
5- so bland it hurts
6- redneck black-guy? I honestly can't tell
7- I didn't know it was possible to be this try-hard
8- ACTION GIRL
9- The quiet meek one who loves mayhem?
10- A karate-monk with bow to go with the ninja?
11- I like bara characters, when they don't look like angry dock-workers
12- What a fag

I'd give Yakuza and Shaolin a pass, the rest should be in the recycling bin
>>
>>378948027
>diversity
That's not really a problem because if they made all the nonwhite characters white they'd still look bad.
>>
I do like the setting but wish it was SR5 instead.
>>
File: canvas.png (852KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
canvas.png
852KB, 1280x720px
>>378948343
>>
>>378939310
>He's right about co op
Well fuck, that was what was driving me and my friends to get it
>>
>>378944041
Some guys have Saints logos on them. Is this in the same universe? The one guy one the left looks like a straight up member of the Row.
>>
>>378950109

Is there a word that has been more ruined by westcucks than badass, it's fucking amazing.
>>
>>378950854
Afaik the whole thing is a rebooted universe (literally speaking), the Saints exist as some big fucking company, many of the characters exist (I think Pierce is one of the confirmed characters) and I don't even fucking know what else they're fucking with.
>>
>>378950854
Gat outta Hell ended with God literally rebooting the universe Agents carrys on from there
>>
>>378939310
What the fuck? The first thought which came to my head, when I saw gameplay trailer was "cool, looks like they decided to mix saint's row and borderlands - will be fun to play in coop".
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.