[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so right with the 7th generation of gaming?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Absolutely stellar.jpg (145KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely stellar.jpg
145KB, 800x600px
What went so right with the 7th generation of gaming?
>>
>MGS4
>Bioshock Infinite
>telltale "game"

b8
>>
>>378937462
Only Halo 3 and RDR were any good, shit list OP
>>
File: 1486907957143.jpg (6KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
1486907957143.jpg
6KB, 222x227px
Nothing
It's was all downhill from there
>>
>>378937462
halo 3 and read dead remember are the only good games there
>>
>>378937462
/v/ poo poos the seventh gen but it was far better than the sixth and the second half of the fifth.

I guess nothing will ever be as shit as the "wow it was fucking nothing" that has been the 8th gen so far. This gen is so bad that five years into it we still see more games from the previous gen on store shelves than we do the current one. I think that is a big sign on how little of anything good has happened this gen.
>>
>>378937781
>halo

Spotted the shitter
>>
>>378937462
DLCs and microtransactions
Paid online
Lootboxes
Pre-order and retailer exclusive content
Day one patches
Always online
Multiplayer focus
Open world focus
>>
>>378937462
Innovation compared to other generations, like all the online features.This gen is just a slightly more streamlined last gen.
>>
>>378938060
>better than 6th
>>
>>378938060
Found the 9/11 baby
>>
>>378937692
>>>/pol/
>>
File: 1493357006045.gif (1MB, 276x260px) Image search: [Google]
1493357006045.gif
1MB, 276x260px
>>378938461
not him but what the fuck are you driveling about?
>>
>>378938282
My first console was an NES in 1989, My favorite gen is the 4th.

>>378938237
My interest in video games almost died completely in this gen. A lot of good games came out I wont deny that but a lot of what I loved about games growing up was officially gone with the sixth gen and a lot of my favorite series were dead or changed for the worst. I will say consoles aside this was a second golden age for the PC and probably the likes of which we will never see one as good for that ever again.

Maybe by the seventh gen I had just gotten used to the new status quo but I enjoyed way more console shite then I did in the previous gen and it felt like a real upgrade from where I had left off previously.
>>
Firstly, rising development costs consolidated talent. So while there were fewer exceptional games coming out month after month, the defining games of the generatiom that were released absolutely towered over everything that came before them (as evidenced by OP's picture).

Secondly, it was the generation that finally brought online play to the forefront of gaming.

Thirdly, allowing independent game developers to publish their games on consoles and the additional revenue stream that DLC provided for them opened the gates for a brand new generation of talent into the culture, a generation that has crafted some of the finest games ever made.

The seventh generation will probably be my all time favorite, and Playstation 3 my favorite console.
>>
>>378938517
You'll understand once you've spent more time on this website.
>>
>>378937462
Is this cropped? I remember that the original also featured Skyward Sword. Can't forget that game.
>>
>>378937692
Not b8, just Reddit
>>
>best games of the 7th gen are all similar western mature shooter games
6th gen sucked for having too much diversity in genre and gameplay
>>
>>378939160
There wasn't that much in the 6th gen you didn't havr in the 7th.

And indeed a couple of generation-defining games are missing from that chart.
>>
>>378939160
Don't forget that it was during the 7th generation that gaming as a medium matured into adulthood.
>>
File: 1130990619-00.jpg (126KB, 640x917px) Image search: [Google]
1130990619-00.jpg
126KB, 640x917px
>>378939404
>every game has to be for the 18-37 age audience.

And this is why gaming is very boring now a days. Most m rated games are generic as fuck because of this.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.