[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

30 million dollar loss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 262
Thread images: 45

File: Prey_screen_shot.jpg (315KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Prey_screen_shot.jpg
315KB, 1920x1080px
This AAA failed financially

WHAT WENT WRONG????

>imo it's coz the game is a spider killing walking sim

Dont get me wrong; in real life its fun to go for a beach walk and step on the occasional insect BUT people buy games for more intense fun
>>
File: 14c.jpg (17KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
14c.jpg
17KB, 207x253px
>>378936269
>30 million dollar loss
>>
I don't think it was a 30 million dollar loss but it was definitely a failure by AAA standards. Between this and Dishonored 2 I don't see a bright future for Arkane.
>>
>>378936269
>WHAT WENT WRONG????

They didn't know how to market the game aka people had no idea what they were getting.
>>
File: 44644.png (245KB, 758x565px) Image search: [Google]
44644.png
245KB, 758x565px
>>378936337
>>
>>378936269
>30 million dollar loss
I'm going to need to see those facts
>>
People don't like these type of games anymore, and Prey did nothing to differentiate itself or standout based on reviews.

Do you guys think another Bioshock would sell well? I think it might just on brand recognition, and then die out.
>>
ign killed it with its review.

serves em right for launching a buggy game.
>>
>>378936651
>People don't like these type of games anymore

More like people are too stupid for these games because they don't really think outside of the box. You saw this back during Dishonored streams where they just chased after objective markers and ignored everything else. Sales generally reflect appeal and marketing more than pure quality, sadly.
>>
>>378936269
i don't know who this game was made for
it has no appeal to a mainstream audience, so it's pretty much just for people who liked or at least remembered the first prey
>>
>>378936651
>>378936848
>>378936887
>tfw you're games are to smart for most persons
>>
>>378936440
>Dishonored 1 and Prey are fun as fuck
>Dishonored 2 is pretty meh, would be better without the performance issues.

I swear to god, if we lose Arkane, but Bethesda gets to make more shitty Gamebryo engine shit? There's no hope for gaming.
>>
>>378936971
stepping on spiders for 15 hrs doesnt require much in way of intelligence.
>>
>>378936887
>pretty much just for people who liked or at least remembered the first prey

It's not even related to the original at all, which was also a bad point. I know a few people still annoyed at the fact that Prey 2 was cancelled and boycotted the game because this is now considered the new Prey
>>
>>378936651
There is some truth to this. Mankind Divided also did poorly, although I'd put the weight of the blame for Mankind Divided and Dishonored 2 on the fact they were too much like the previous game. That shit doesn't fly with sequels anymore unless, not even for annual releases as much when you look at Battlefield and Call of Duty which are tying to bend backwards to stand out.
>>
>>378936269
because the first game was painfully mediocre which translates to GOTY to cira 00's-now fps fags because they (You) have no standards
>>
>>378936269
Can we have a source on this?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux8pNfhfJbg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO3YnPyqPKg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hysLne8WS3U&t=6s
>>
>>378936269
Bethesda poisoned the well by fucking over the devs of Prey 2 and slapping the Prey name on this unofficial System Shock reboot. it's why i'm not going to buy it. Bethesda can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>378937016
>performance issues were fixed in a week
maybe just dont have a shit computer
>>
>>378936269
What I don't fucking understand is why bother digging up a dead as fuck IP for a game like this? This game could have been marketed with a different title and done better, especially since this game could barely even be associated with the original.
>>
Currently dowloading Dishonored 2. It's been months so I suppose the performance issues were fixed and it's been long enough since I played Dishonored.
>>
>>378937172
>these come out as game gets discounted

I feel kinda bad for Arkane. Than again, Bethesda seems to be rather quick on discounts unless we're taking TES or Fallout.
>>
>>378937172
>Future Video: What Ever Happened to Arkane Studios?
>>
>>378937237
>What I don't fucking understand is why bother digging up a dead as fuck IP for a game like this?

Becaise Bethesda wasn't gonna pay for new IP costs when they had one lying around. I have no idea why people blame Arkane studio for this. Bethesda is their publisher and they control the purse.
>>
>niche genre
>demo that is poor representation of final product
>awful pre-release footage
good game though, shame there won't be a sequel and even bigger shame that arkane is probably fucked now
>>
bethshit review policy and the ign thing didn't help. also this game is just shitty genre blender that tries to be as good as the games that inspired it only to be another run of the mill slog instead of a fresh take that at least brings something new to the table.
>>
>>378936269
I'm playing now and I think it's pretty good. The again I've only gotten to GUTS so if it goes to shit after that I wouldn't know. I like the wandering around and finding shit, reading emails and learning the setting through them, stumbling on side quests and stuff. The combat is ok and I haven't really bothered leveling neuromods much.
>>
The game is not only bad, but it used the name "Prey" just to boost sales because it sounds familiar. The game has nothing to do with the first one, and Bethesda admitted in an interview that they were gonna make this game no matter what. It just happened that they purchased the rights to use the name "Prey" and used that name for their game.
>>
>>378937296
The irony is it is Bethesda's own loss for being cheapskates in not making a new IP for this game, though Arkane will probably be the ones on the chopping block. Why is it always the suits that are the guys that fuck everything up in this business?
>>
>>378937362
Bethesda doesn't do pre-release copies anymore because they realized their main offerings are not getting a free pass anymore for all the bugs like they used to. Problem is they also throw everything else under the bus that's not Elder Scrolls or Fallout.
>>
didn't even know this came out, kek
>>
>>378937296
>gonna pay for new IP costs

so...just calling the game something else than Prey would have cost them money? how? the advertising would be the same, right?
>>
terrible marketing, seemed like a generic fps to anyone who didn't research it
>>
i havent played this game but why are all the contrarians pretending the original prey was some kind of masterpiece? it was a mediocre as fuck mid-2000's shooter that was only notable because it has a native american protagonist
>>
>>378936848
>and ignored everything else
What else was there to do, other than explore the maps in order to possibly find someone's journal for fluff. You didn't need money. You didn't need potions. Talismans were garbage. You didn't really need the runes either, tier 1 blink trivialized the game already. There was nothing to Dishonored 1 other than atmosphere, and that wasn't good enough.
>>
>>378937441

The name "Prey" never sounds cool,
only cheap and mediocre like original Prey
>>
>>378937539
Because you can't just call your game something and that's it. You need to trademark or copyright it, I forget which applies in this case, and other shit. That shit ain't free.
>>
>>378937561
I had only heard shit about the original Prey being garbage with a crap story before this game got announced. Shit like Why are the aliens talking to each other in English so the protag can figure out their plan? Why are they talking at all if they are psychic?
>>
File: MY witch.png (300KB, 460x430px) Image search: [Google]
MY witch.png
300KB, 460x430px
>>378936269
>Some people didn't buy it because it wasn't the Prey they wanted
>Everyone else didn't buy it because, "what the fuck is a Prey?"

Maybe they should've tried to make a new IP instead of aping some obscure FPS from 2006 where you play as a drunk Indian.
>>
>>378937584
You just listed everything else in the game.
>>
>>378937590
its cool by early 2000s standarts
>>
File: 1452588804526.png (443KB, 1341x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1452588804526.png
443KB, 1341x1300px
>>378936269
Taste, honestly.

I just spent the better part of 3 days playing nothing but this and I'm seriously considering starting a 4th playthrough for those last two achievements.

The gameplay is piss easy past about the 3-4 hour mark unless you're going no upgrades, no mods, fox only, final destination mode. But I find it a good balance, personally. Want goofy rooty-tooty-point-and-shooty fun while freezing time and sprinting around the map at sanic speeds? Go Human-upgrades. Want to dash around ignoring enemies spawning duplicates everywhere while exploding human heads in one shot with your mind? Go Alien-upgrades. Want an actual challenge having to sneak and fight tooth and nail against even basic enemies for most if not the entire game? Go no-upgrades.

And unironically, the little variances you notice after repeat playthroughs are pretty goddamn neat. Ultimately inconsequential, but neat. You can murder your mission-control and a character you can save later will comment on the corpse when he gets back to your hideout its there. A character will offhandedly comment that a doctor either respected or resented your character, depending on if you rolled male or female. It's a fuckton of little details that add some cute replayability to a neat little Bioshock clone.

Oh and the story is fucking garbage, jesus christ guys what happened.
>>
>>378937590
>>378937712

What's a cool sounding name by 2017 standards?
>>
File: limmy.jpg (21KB, 842x474px) Image search: [Google]
limmy.jpg
21KB, 842x474px
>>378936269
>op claims prey was a 30 million dollar loss
>cites no facts or figures despite people asking
>a quick google search shows no evidence of his claim

why are people falling for this bait
>>
What did they expect? Most people had never heard of the original Prey so it's not like the name was going to help sell it. It's the marketing that should be blamed.
>>
>>378937803
CAPTAIN STABFELLOW.
>>
>Saw whole Prey 2 debacle, wasn't really interested in the game but still was a mess
>Heard of Prey getting announced
>Didn't look into it because the title made me think it would be like the original Prey which was pretty mediocre
>Came out, completely ignored it
>Watched some random person play it for a second
>Immediately bought it online used because it's obviously trying to be System Shock 2

What went wrong with the game is in how they marketed it. If the game had an entirely different title, I would've maybe looked into it. But because it was called Prey, I completely wrote it off. Had I known it was inspired by System Shock 2, I would've paid way more attention.

Instead we got a game that got fans of Prey 2's premise mad, people who may not like the original Prey to be uninterested, and generally wasn't advertised for what it actually is. I think the game is pretty good for what it is. It feels like what Human Revolution did for Deus Ex, where it's not as good as what it's based on but still a good try. But because of the title and weird marketing, it went completely under the radar for me.
>>
30 million dollars and they did not hire one guy that could draw cool enemies that would be fun to fight. Steal some shit from Shin Megami Tensei, make it move around like the enemies in Doom 2016. There is absolutely no reason for an unmorphed mimic to be a boring fucking spider.
>>
File: 1388161.jpg (278KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1388161.jpg
278KB, 800x600px
Really hope they will do a dues ex mankind divided and sell it for €13 at the summer sale.
>>
>>378937810
>implying I'm not here to just discuss Prey with other Prey-buyers

Troll and Bait threads are so common now they may as well be generals. It's here anyways, I was wanting to talk about Prey anyways, so may as well use it.
>>
>>378937101
>Prey 2 (3) is never getting made due to Prey (2) flopping
>>
>>378937839
>shoot Alien in face with shotgun
>it's blown off its feet
>freeze time while it's in mid-air
>punch it in the dick repeatedly with a wrench
>hits the ground with 5% HP left
>throw a coffee-cup at it with the force of a thousand suns
>alien explodes

Fun.
>>
>>378937803
Generally I'm not a big fan of single world titles, especially if its some word that is supposed to have that early 2000s edge like prey and doesnt really reflect anything of significance when it comes to what the game is about. It can work if your game is over the top like Bulletstorm or it sounds intriguing like Persona. Names work aswell like Catherine. The title should refelect the game's tone or present some intriguing hook like no more heroes or the last guardian. At least in my completely subjective shitty Opinion. Overwatch is also a name that I think is generic and bad whereas splatoon refelects the tone and gameplay of what it is.
>>
>>378938057
well if a Prey 2 would be made, it would be a sequel to Prey 2017, not a reboot

I don't see the appeal of that cancelled game anyways
>>
>>378938201
wow excuse my shitty writing, I have to sleep
>>
you could have used a name generator to call this game anything else and it probably would have sold slightly better. calling it prey only pissed people off. hell, just call it 'the cage' like the name of the space station or either 'typhon,' 'the pobeg incident,' or simply 'axiom.'
>>
>>378936269
Someone explain to me how they nailed the gameplay of System Shock and Bioshock (albeit slightly worse in practice) but absolutely fucking failed at making a compelling, interesting story or memorable characters.
>>
>>378936269

Who the fuck types like this, I can't tell if you're an absolute fucking retard or just underage
>>
>>378938406
>but absolutely fucking failed at making a compelling, interesting story or memorable characters.

Because story and storytelling are Arkane's weakness. They either can't do it or don't care to.
>>
>>378936269
Fuck dude, Prey has been a highlight of 2017 for me. Huge amount of satisfying player agency, great soundtrack, nice sci-fi/philosophy themes.

This is the first time I actually enjoyed a Bethesda title. But if it's a commercial failure, they'll go back to making casual horseshit like Skyrim.
>>
>>378937124
Mankind Divided also had other issues, like unlikable cast, dull setting(while there was lots to do, things looked pretty samey all the way through) and some gameplay annoyances. It's been a while since I played Human Revolution, but I don't recall being as annoyed with batteries or hacking in that as I was in MD.
>>
i havent played the game but all the playthroughs iv seen so far look boring as fuck
>>
File: Prey-2006-04-HD[1].png (556KB, 920x430px) Image search: [Google]
Prey-2006-04-HD[1].png
556KB, 920x430px
Did anyone else play the original recently?
>>
>>378938556
I think PREY may have a problem of being a good game with a big budget that sadly doesn't have an audience to recoup it and make money. This happens every now and then when mainstream simply isn't interested in a game.
>>
>>378936269
>spider killing walking sim
Imagine being so stupid that you use /v/ as an externalized brain because you didn't have one to begin with.
>>
File: 1492174031669.png (149KB, 502x474px) Image search: [Google]
1492174031669.png
149KB, 502x474px
>>378938057
>Prey 2 (3) is never getting made due to Prey (2) flopping
>>
File: 1395896798621.jpg (49KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
1395896798621.jpg
49KB, 613x533px
>>378938508
>Entering a game into the arena with the SS and Bioshock franchises
>Series who's entire point is open-ended exploration based gameplay with philosophical writing, memorable characters and plot-twists
>Leave the story to a group who can't write stories

For what cause.
>>
>>378937729
I'm with you, but the enemies honestly suck ass in all aspects (AI, variety, difficulty) and it has a huge impact on combat and the game as a whole.
>>
>>378936269
>30 million dollar loss
Where the fuck are people getting 30 million as cost of AAA games? This happened with Andromeda as well, from what I've heard, AAA productions have budgets of at least 50 million, 100 is not rare either.
Where is this 30 million number coming from? I want to know!
>>
>people don't like immersive sims anymore

I guess we can look forward to a future full of linear scripted games filled with cutscenes then, what a time to be alive.
>>
>>378938556
Neatest conversation discovery?

>Hack into Alex's computer/office before he activates the grav-shaft for you, he tells you a story about the time he broke your arm for deleting the savefiles of a game he loved
>Get the Turret Schematics and reactivate power before talking to Sarah in cargo, she admits she may have misjudged you and respectfully refers to you as 'doctor' for the rest of the game
>Kill January in your office, Igwe will comment on the corpse if you save him
>>
>>378936269
The game-play obviously wasn't good enough to garner much attention and asian male white female lead in year 2XXX or whatever with evil white antagonist probably isn't enjoyable for most of their consumers.

>>378938406
>System shock
So there's a lot of numbers, 3 different ways to play the game with extremely strong horror elements and immersion that make you feel helpless?
>>
>>378938812
Yeah people throw around numbers like that, acting like it's a big deal, since it's an insane amount of money if they were to win that in a lottery. But for Bethesda, they could shovel 30 mil into a fireplace and not feel the repercussions. Or they wouldn't, if their shareholders weren't full of businessmen hopped up on cocaine who will freak the fuck out if they even see a single cent of a perceived monetary loss, anyways...
>>
File: 1439231002319.jpg (630KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1439231002319.jpg
630KB, 1920x1080px
Still waiting for the day when someone in these threads who claim it took 60 million to make this game will actually back up with any kind of proof
/v/- the new r/gaming
>>
Zenimax screwed the pooch by naming it prey because jews can be retarded sometimes, now people keep getting it confused with prey(2006)
Typhon, the original name would have done much better.
>>
It's an indictment upon the game industry, it's what this game's performance is. It's by far the best FPS game of thus generation.

Meanwhile rancid dogshit like Battlefield and Call of Duty continues to sell.
>>
>>378938937
>evil white antagonist
Who? Dahl? He's a bastard but he's a morally grey hired hitman and isn't around any longer than the fake cook if you play through his scenario completely.
>>
File: 1234123189466.png (6KB, 296x277px) Image search: [Google]
1234123189466.png
6KB, 296x277px
Looking at Steamspy, the new Deus ex has sold 672k in 9 months, Dishonored has sold 622k in 7 months, while Prey has sold 262k in 1 month. I think it will catch up.

Immersive Sim don't sell million of copies, it seems.
>>
>>378939125
>now people keep getting it confused with prey(2006)
Almost no one remembers the first Prey. I didn't know it existed until new-Prey was announced.
>>
File: 1393834345780.gif (728KB, 216x288px) Image search: [Google]
1393834345780.gif
728KB, 216x288px
>>378938769
I semi-agree with you, even loving the game.

The problem is the spikes in difficulty depending on what you're playing and how, and some enemies in general just being capital bullshit.

Mimics are fine mechanically but underutilized after the first area. You never really worry about them since they either broadcast when you are entering a room with mimics, or just make sure to check when there's obvious loot laying around.

Phantoms are the biggest fucking offenders in my opinion, though.
>Game only provides close-range weapons, the single long-range uses highly rare ammo
>Phantom A can move sanic-speeds, fires homing-missiles with pinpoint accuracy that do 40% of your HP, and slaps your shit if you get close
>Phantom B is covered in lightning that damages you if you get in-range with the shotgun or optimal range of pistol, in addition to Phantom A's shit
>Phantom C is covered in fucking fire, lays down exploding mines at your feet every few seconds even without line of sight that can 1-shot you sometimes, damages you if you get close, AND STILL has all the bullshit on Phantom A
>>
>>378939262
Yes, but so many people thought it had something to do with the old one despite being a new IP that the kikes over at zenimax forced the name of prey onto.
>>
>>378939340
>but so many people
Not nearly as many as you think there were. Not enough to matter.
>>
>>378938937
>3 different ways to play
I'd say 4; human, alien, none, hybrid

>extremely strong horror elements
No, but about as strong as SS's was. Disconcerting, bit of paranoia, one or two actual jumpscares thrown in mixed with cosmic horror

>Immersion that makes you feel helpless
Nightmare-difficulty doing no-upgrades made me feel pretty fucking helpless.
>>
The game was ultimately not that good. They cut out too much shit to appeal to the braindead console crowd, like O2 management and debilitating injuries.

The story is terribly paced, and NPCs aren't introduced quickly enough. The shuttle bay was the first area where I thought "huh, this game actually does have characters that aren't just voices in my head".

The gameplay is dull, every encounter plays out the same because the enemies aren't varied enough, and mimics become meaningless the second you get the scope.

It's basically just Bioshock 2 in space. Nowhere close to System Shock, but braindead marketing and denuvo killed all positive word of mouth. Arkane seriously need to get SOMEONE on board who understands what makes combat fun. Giving me 20 skills when only 2 of them are useful is just stupid. Unless you're just messing around, nobody is going to use shit like fire trap. Even if you were crazy enough to mix and match, the game doesn't give you enough psy hypos for that, and running back to craft more all the time is boring.

They should have halved the number of typhon skills, and added an assault rifle and grenade launcher. That would have improved the game by quite a lot.
>>
>>378937584

I'd honestly consider the hardest difficulty setting in these games to be the default. Otherwise, you can just breeze through everything without a care in the world. Not only that, but restrict saves to 2 per area or 3 per mission. I remember one of the Hitman games really restricted your saves and the game was a lot more interesting as a result. When you can just quicksave everywhere then a game like this gets stale fast because you can just do something super dumb and then quickload over and over until it works.
>>
Saw the prey 2 video and felt wrong to buy this game
>>
>>378937226
except they werent you piece of shit, i played it yesterday even on vhigh game is unplayable since it drops below 55, i hope they will go bankrupt now
>>
Single player FPS just dont sell at 60 dollars.
You cant expect people to give that much money for a 12 hour experience.
>>
>>378939690
This, the difficulty part at least. Even on Nightmare, if you are using upgrades than even by 4-5 hours in your are breezing through encounters. Hell by mid-game, human-upgrade path, you can essentially hack everything, freeze time, and deal 3x as much damage with your weapons as normal. Things drop in 1 mags-worth of Shotgun fire regardless of size, you can go toe-to-toe with the Nightmare, and if you have even a partially upgraded beam-weapon, space-battles become completely one-sided.

It also doesn't help that by end-game, you are flat-out sprinting through encounters regardless of playstyle because there is no incentive to fight A) Infinitely respawning machines, B) High-leveled clustered enemies that don't drop anything, and C) Are likely on a time-limit.
>>
File: 20170602092302_1.jpg (373KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170602092302_1.jpg
373KB, 1920x1080px
>>378937226
>>378939824
oced gtx 1060 + i7 7700k
>>
>>378939841
Considering you have to play it at least three times to experience most of the content, I'd say it easily clocks at 35-40 hours before you start losing value. But I can agree if feels way more like a 30 or 20$ title, given that you can easily get 2-3hours:1$ exchange-rate for hundreds of games on steam at this point.
>>
I liked it but was the any ingenuity? Nope not at all
>>
>>378939675
How fucking hard is it to do system shock again, don't make it easy, let people either shoot, hack, or mind blast their way through the game, no press e to interacts, and a compelling narrative? I'd also say a reason alien isolation did as well is it did is they also had some form of stylization to the graphics, not just "super high def 3d" stuff.
>>
>>378936651
>>378937016
>>378939841
This pretty much desu.

Single player, short, the original wasn't well received or recognized by the masses, and they still want to gouge you for it.

Also fuck anything and anyone that thinks a 20 Gb+ single player game is okay.
>>
>>378939917
Yea, that's not scary and fun at all. System shock 2 had respawning enemies and limited ammo if you weren't psi.
>>
>>378940120
>male/female choice is entirely irrelevant

>except one area where there's a fellow doctor in your area of study
>if male, they state he respects your accomplishments
>if female, they state he resents your accomplishments

I am fucking astonished and relieved that in this day and age, this didn't cause the internet to fucking implode for a week.
>>
I had no idea that the game was coming out or even what it is about. I also heard its really short. Not buying until it hits a sale my man.
>>
File: 14236742673842.png (2MB, 1375x955px) Image search: [Google]
14236742673842.png
2MB, 1375x955px
>WHAT WENT WRONG

Having a 60 million dollar budget.
>>
>>378940183
>that thinks a 20 Gb+ single player game is okay.

I just recently started playing my 360 again and now my major beef with the latest consoles are the load times. On xbone prey load times eclipse 2 min easy
>>
>>378936269
It was singleplayer and it basically was too linear for $60 experience.
>>
File: aaaa0aacc9ad4ae9b5d18cff1602a9db.jpg (591KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aaaa0aacc9ad4ae9b5d18cff1602a9db.jpg
591KB, 1920x1080px
>>378939690
>>378939917
I think it's case of tehse "immersive simulations" or whatever they're called having to be played on the hardest difficulty just so all the simulation parts actually come into play as crucial elements and not just flavor. My problem with PREY is this never really happens and playing on higher difficulty mainly just affects combat related things. It's not like Thief, for example, where higher difficulty means more objectives and sometimes you needing to take a different approach to the mission. Basically, PREY is in that awkward modern game position where it still needs to be a straightforward FPS for people who can't be bothered to deal with anything else and offer all that extra stuff for others.
>>
>>378940323
Thing is gamers don't gaf about that stuff. Only sjws and people that make their own name big from schism do
>>
>>378940278
There are respawning enemies here as well, but you'd do better comparing it to Bioshock than System Shock, they're more similar.
>>
>>378940342
Good idea. It's not worth anything more that 25$
>>
>>378938937
>asian male white female lead in year 2XXX or whatever with evil white antagonist probably isn't enjoyable for most of their consumers
No one cares, dumbass.

So many fucking games have white antagonists. How can you possibly delude yourself that this makes a game better or worse
>>
>>378940443
Skyrim , Witcher 3 and countless other games blow your argument out of the water.
>>
>>378936269
SJW game by nu-bethesda with shit gameplay.
Color me surprised it's a fucking flop.
>>
>hijack a classic game
>rape it for quick profit
>it's a flop
Justice was served
>>
>>378940565
>I can't get into the game bc of the protagonist's race

Says sjws who hates rascism but always brings up race
>>
>>378940565
if it's 2XXX why isn't everyone a brownish shade or genetically tailored? Doesn't suggest much inspiration or imagination has gone towards the story and just suggests politically motivated shovel ware.
>>
>>378940473
It's sad too because you can see a lot of thought went into every area of the game. EVERY sealed room has multiple paths in, EVERY secret area was designed to be accessed even if you have no upgrades at all. I think in the entire game, exactly 3 rooms are exclusively accessible by alien-players, and none of them have anything significant in them. Playing through repeatedly, you can really see and appreciate just how careful they were to create multiple paths to every objective.

Then you remember how ruined it is by the fact most people will play on normal, kill everything in 2 hits from the start, and completely ignore alternate paths in favor of charging straight into bullshit every time.
>>
>>378940729
As a white male it's less appealing that a game has another race breeding my races females for no interesting reason beyond political agenda, it's an unfortunate part of being male.
>>
>>378940729
Why are we talking about SJWs now? Is there one under your bed? In your closet?
>>
>>378940736
It's a problem because these days all games are designed with the mindset that player is skipping optional content. Can you remember when was the last time you had to go back after you got your ass whooped to improve your character somehow, outside of JRPGs with grind possibilities I guess? In fact, optional content just makes you OP in modern games instead of leveling the playing field.
>>
>>378940863
Oh true so you're pushing politics into your interpretation of the game
>>
>>378940342
umm? It took me over 30 hours 1st playthrough and didn't even finish all the sidequests
>>
>>378940981
Why wasn't the MC just asian, hispanic, or black?
>>
>>378940914
I cannot and it saddens me. The issue is that 'optional mission' translates now into 'completely unnecessary to complete game'. Instead of making it so your character gets progressively less and less prepared if they skip such things, they go completely the wrong direction and make you more and more hilariously overpowered if you DO take the time to experience all the content. I appreciate being rewarded for my time investment, but when I'm sitting on literally 100 of each resource and can craft 20 neuromods while still having enough left for 30 HP packs and 200+ shotgun rounds, it invalidates all the hard work you put into balancing the game.
>>
>>378940863
Okay, Cleetus
>>
File: CAPTAIN VIDYA.jpg (607KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CAPTAIN VIDYA.jpg
607KB, 1600x1200px
>>378941060
>>378940981
>>378940863
>>378940729

>shitposters trolling trolls responding to samefags

Come on guys, it isn't an A+ quality thread but even 3-AM /v/ is better than this.
>>
>>378937561
I have no idea. It's a pretty fun shooter, but it is not a masterpiece.
>>
>>378941170
>implying that people don't assert their true opinions under guise of trolling all the time
>>
>>378940865
Because they bring up race when it's of no concern to make it one and assume it's on everyone else's mind as well
>>
File: 1495754689188.jpg (83KB, 874x872px) Image search: [Google]
1495754689188.jpg
83KB, 874x872px
>>378937016
>>378937226
>>378940183
Prey was fucking garbage, fuck off

Arkane can die with their piece of shit disgusting artstyle
>>
>>378938601
I did and I loved it.
>>
File: 1496446105940m.jpg (87KB, 746x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496446105940m.jpg
87KB, 746x1024px
>>378936269
Too much money to make and market AAA shit without a multiplayer cash scheme and only so much interest for one type of game at a time. Unless you have blizzard money and shilling tactics flooding every form of media with ads then there's no guarantee people will care about something anymore. Just look at PUBG. A cheap fucking game from a hack publisher previously doomed to bankruptcy that just copy pasted a formula from even bigger hack indie devs. But it blew up now because of the marketing. Development needs to be streamlined or all but the big publisher/studio hybrids will keep falling to the wayside since normies happily eat their shit up with mob mentality. Soon all we'll have are overpriced addiction simulators and edgy indie games made in unity or UE maps with no optimization.
>>
>>378941426
They are really just mixing up the style bioshock came up with. Every game is plasmids in y+ x

Prey was plasmids in space+ aliens

Dishonored was plasmids in fictional industrial revolution+ occult
>>
>>378937561
Share your drugs with me, the ones that made you high. Prey was like portal but with real combat, all that gravity looping around shit and shit. That's what people liked, not the fucking plot. You want plot go play kingdom hearts
>>
File: DungeonKeeper.jpg (26KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
DungeonKeeper.jpg
26KB, 150x150px
>>378937194
this, me also.
>>
>>378939263
>Phantoms are the biggest fucking offenders in my opinion
Even i got to admit this, i enjoy the difficulty but phantoms are fucking bullshit to deal with
>>
File: begmeforTESVI.jpg (32KB, 530x298px) Image search: [Google]
begmeforTESVI.jpg
32KB, 530x298px
>>378939975
lol fuck and that isn't even at 1440p wtf happened arkane
>>
>>378940665
I'm also happy. Burn bethesda down.
>>
STOP MAKING THIS FUCKING THREAD YOU AUTIST
>>
File: mc48g783.jpg (7KB, 240x158px) Image search: [Google]
mc48g783.jpg
7KB, 240x158px
I-I think Prey is a fun as fuck game
>>
So it's apparent the reason Prey failed was because the developers are wholey incompetent.
>>
>>378936269
Game was badly marketed and didn't really have a strong identity of its own, just seemed like a generic RPG/shooter set on a space station.
>>
>>378937016
No Dishonored 2, is absolutely not "meh" tier.

This game is HEAVILY flawed by its performance issues, which are not totally fixed even at the moment, but the game in itself is fucking brilliant.
>>
>>378940665
>prey
>classic game

christ you contrarians are sickening
>>
>>378943536
Dishonored 2 is absolutely great and /v/ is just blowing the performance issue out of any reasonable proportion just to find a reason to shit on it and keep on being sour about everything.
Disprove me.
>>
>>378942369
I do think so too, dumb frogposter. My GOTY so far.
>>
No marketing, came out at a retarded time of year
>>
>>378936269
they sold it as "Prey"
that alienated more than half of the fans from the original
>>
File: 20170602094028_1.jpg (608KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170602094028_1.jpg
608KB, 1920x1080px
>>378942212
i have to drop shadows from ultra then to vhigh and then to high, same with rest settings to even be able to play at 56-80 fps so even then game isn't stable, and i'm not sure if it doesn't drop lower.
>>
>>378945038
Dear god, it's like fullbright with shadows tacked on
>>
>>378943935
yeah, all 10 of them
>>
File: 20170602100031_1.jpg (742KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170602100031_1.jpg
742KB, 1920x1080px
>>378945246
high settings, last screen was ultra settings
>>
>Kids seriously think this game broke even
Fucking pathetic and you know nothing about accounting or video game development
>>
>>378945459
>last screen was ultra settings
>>
>>378936269

>What went wrong?

Publishers placing outrageous sales goals. That's what.

Prey was a great game. It's unanimous amongst most people that it was an enjoyable game.

I blame Zenimax for pushing for unrealistic sales goals. If they have a brain, they'll be able to correlate the difference in sales margins and positive reviews of the games as their own retarded fault.
>>
File: 20170602102436_1.jpg (459KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170602102436_1.jpg
459KB, 1920x1080px
>>378945560
that's muddy graphics which is present in every bethesda (developed or funded) game for you
>>
>>378946056
What do you have against antialiasing
>>
>>378936269
zero marketing
>>
File: 20170602102533_1.jpg (293KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170602102533_1.jpg
293KB, 1920x1080px
>>378946126
nothing but it kills my shitty framerate even more and blurry image so i'd rather play without AA than shitty FXAA or TXAA
>>
File: [Continued laughter].gif (4MB, 273x207px) Image search: [Google]
[Continued laughter].gif
4MB, 273x207px
>/v/ was so deperate for Prey to fail that they had to start making up figures to push that narrative
>>
Because they didn't make Prey 2
>>
>>378946302
>FXAA
>Killing framerate
It's so horseshit that it barely dents fps. You telling me there's no actual AA option? Only post-process blurshit?
>>
That's a shame cause I really like it
>>
>trailer has character walking to the mirror in his room and looking at his eye
>in the actual game there's no fucking mirror reflection
uninstalled right there
>>
File: 1486299699588.jpg (10KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
1486299699588.jpg
10KB, 170x170px
Arkane hasn't made a single good game since they were acquired by Bethesda. Someone recommended me to play Dishonored because Thief 1 and 2 are my favorite games and it plays nothing like those games. Maybe they can redeem themselves by making a sequel to Arx Fatalis or Dark Messiah but they'll probably fuck that up too.
>>
Every game Chris Avellone works for is doomed to be a financial failure.
>>
>Dishonoured and Prey.
No Denuvo, good games.

>Dishonoured 2 and NuPrey
Denuvo, do poorly.
>>
File: tax 2.jpg (85KB, 789x471px) Image search: [Google]
tax 2.jpg
85KB, 789x471px
>>378946302
TXAA is fucking amazing son I wish more games used it natively
>>
>>378947940
SMAA is much better in both performance and visual quality
>>
Just remake Arx Fatalis or make a sequel to it already.
>>
>>378947940
>TXAA is fucking amazing
You enjoy a blurred image? SMAA and MSAA are the only AA options worth a damn. FXAA is what you pick when there's nothing else. TXAA/TAA is utter bottom tier
>>
>>378946443
its literally the same autistic manchild who keeps spamming this thread on daily basis
>>
>>378948136
TXAA is the best AA option around and looks great when it's well-implemented (though like utter shit when it's not, like in Crysis 3). Of course, it has an absurd performance cost, like all GoyWorks effects. MSAA is fine, but impossible to implement on most newer titles using a deferred renderer. It also does nothing for things like foliage.

SMAA may be the best post-process option, but it's still complete shit. Being better than FXAA is a low fucking bar, considering no AA is better than the latter.
>>
>>378949064
Explain to me how BLURRING THE ENTIRE IMAGE is "best"
>>
>>378938937
>a lot of numbers, 3 different ways to play the game
t. never played System Shock
>>
File: 1445760134433.gif (933KB, 343x284px) Image search: [Google]
1445760134433.gif
933KB, 343x284px
>start nightmare playthrough
>4 mimics at once all the time
>>
>>378936269
Hold up, Prey has been released? Since when?
>>
>>378937703
> and that wasn't good enough.

Okay, way to ignore that he said "everything else wasn't worth bothering with anyway."
>>
>>378936269
>imo
>coz
kill yourself
>>
I'm enjoying the game. Just got to the Arboretum. About how close to beating it am I?
>>
>brain dead retards believe OP's lies because that's what they want to hear
You are even more retarded than redditors.
>>
>>378936269
>Took a title people had been waiting for years for a sequel for
>"Lol nah nothing to do with the original. By the way we are just calling it Prey"
>None of the inventiveness of the original game
>uninspired aliens
>it's all just a simulation

gee I wonder why
>>
>>378950238
>gee I wonder why
OP pulled the number out of his ass you fucking retard

>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=prey+30+millions+loss
>no results
>>
So...

If I buy this expecting something as good as the atmosphere and progression in System Shock 2, will I be disappointed?
>>
I dont get it, Prey wasn't developed by a huge company such as EA, Ubisoft etc. but still people hate the game with passion. Why is it?
>>
>>378950534
Literally an autist drumming up hate since it's not Prey 2
>>
>>378936269
it's a good example why the majority of AAA video game budgets are devoted to marketing
>>
>>378950654
OP pulled the number out of his ass you fucking retard
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=prey+30+millions+loss
>no results
>>378950534
>but still people hate the game with passion.
Like who you shitposter?
>>
>>378936269
Game was great played done two playthroughs in the first week of playing it.
I won't be purchasing it because of denuvo, and because of sjw and leftist culture the shitty lesbian relationships felt so fucking forced, its also semi mandatory to listen to some of it to finish the game.
>>
>>378949904
In his opinion. Does everything need to be spelled out?
>>
>>378936269
Damn Bethesda for trying to force the prey name on them.
>>
>>378950361
It isn't as scary or atmospheric as SS2 (or maybe I'm just older). Progression and game mechanics are very similar though with some extra cool stuff: zero g sections, there are three ways to get around the station rather than just a lift, there's a gun you can use to climb stuff and they took out those stupid resurrection points. So yeah I recommend it.
>>
>>378951106
>they took out those stupid resurrection points
The reality is that everyone just replaces them with quicksaving all the time. Losing some cybermodules every time you died was pretty great, honestly.
>>
>>378950751
take your toxic masculinity somewhere else
>>
>>378950945

Yes, in his opinion. What is your counter-point?

"Oh you just listed everything else!"

No shit! He also stated that shit was pointless and not worth doing. What is your counter point? "Oh it's totally worth doing! Because...!?"
>>
File: 1481002204003.jpg (172KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481002204003.jpg
172KB, 1000x1000px
>30 million loss
>absolutely no source
>>
>>378951215
It was nanites you lost. Losing cybermodules would have been be super harsh.
>>
It's not Prey 2
>>
Why are they going to add NG+ and that extra hard mode thats adds in status effects that they removed?
>>
>>378951390
Go look at every single Prey thread that opens up with "muh budget". None of them have any source, it's all the same autists
>>
>game has denuvo
>it fails
every time
>>
>>378936269
>in real life its fun to go for a beach walk and step on the occasional insect BUT people buy games for more intense fun
Great bait, here's another (You) for your collection. Now that you've gotten so many, please leave.
>>
>>378951409
Sorry, it's been ages, I always forget the currency shit. All that stuck with me is Shodan constantly talking about cybermodules.
>>
>>378936269
It's one of the most boring games I've played for a while. I mean, you can get sucked in at first thinking it isn't shit, but once you realise the games the same boring shit throughout all your motivation to play dies.

There's very little variation in enemies, usually just a recolour that does a little bit more damage. The abilities are shallower than the environments, 'more damage, move quicker etc'. with the only intersting ones being gimmicky as fuck and having no real use.
The guns get old quicker than fresh fish in the sun, overall the combat is unimaginative and deep as a puddle.

Exploration boils down to a pointless, and usually boring, character log and emails and simply going into the same room 400 times for the same item to use to create med packs and ammo.
>>
>>378936269
>30 million dollar loss
Considering there was no marketing whatsoever, and the game feels like it was put together in Arkane's spare time, I kinda doubt that.
>>
>>378952654
>feels like it was put together in Arkane's spare time

Seemed very polished to me. In 30 hours I got stuck in something once, found one missing texture and had one sidequest that didn't behave properly.
>>
File: 1483638084129.png (124KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483638084129.png
124KB, 800x600px
>300 trillion dollar loss
>>
>>378952804
I've had pretty bad freezes and texture issues, and the sound mixing is a complete trainwreck, especially when it comes to the Nightmare.
But I meant that in terms of content too. It didn't really have any popping TECHNOLOGY moments, like Dishonored 2's tech mansion or time travel.

Don't get me wrong though, I still enjoyed every moment of it. Good game, doubt it has any chance of sinking Arkane.
>>
>>378946786
Dishonored is a lot more like Deus Ex than Thief in every way but theme/setting desu. Sure it has an emphasis on stealth that Deus Ex didn't and Thief did but the gameplay is much closer to a Deus Ex-like than the avoidance simulator that is Thief/Thief 2.

That said Thief 1 & 2 (especially The Dark Project) are way better games than Deus Ex or Dishonored, so... I don't know, I liked each of them really, I also liked Prey, it's a decent System Shock 2 clone in a lot of ways (and way fucking better than BioShock in that regard).
>>
>40% PRICE CUT FROM SONY STORE ALREADY

FUCKING EPIC MAN
>>
>>378953348

Dunno about sound but I wasn't a fan of the music system. It seemed to just come on randomly and none of it was memorable. As for technology I thought the looking glass screen system was pretty cool especially how you could smash a hole in it and the rest of it would work.
>>
File: smug.png (27KB, 181x220px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
27KB, 181x220px
>>378949060
>implying
/v/ has a hateboner for anything related to Bethesda in any way. Probably jealous because all their prefered games fail while Bethesda makes millions with casual stuff.
>>
Real shame if it were true. I really loved how the station was actually wide open and the game doesn't try to lock you out of too many areas until it's story relevant.
>>
>>378940150
>no press e to interacts
yes, because right click to interact is so much better
system shock complexity doesnt cut it for console sales. when talk about "hard" game, the console crowd mean games where you die from a few hit in combat but never run out of ammos or shut out of the winning screen due to cumulative poor decision making.
>>
>>378953921
it's literally a portal you cant walk through. but it doesnt have any gameplay purposes, just some light puzzle and technology wank.
>>
File: 1495406840973.jpg (70KB, 590x474px) Image search: [Google]
1495406840973.jpg
70KB, 590x474px
Karma. Bethesda forced some small indie studio removing word "Prey" from their title. Word "Prey" is bethesda trademark right now. Do not steal
>>
>>378946682
Maybe if you had finished the game you would have understodd...
>>
>>378941868
The gimmicks weren't even that good man, but it did set it apart. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't that great of a game.
>>
>>378954968
There's an explanation in the game for why the mirror in the room doesn't work? It's not just developer laziness?
I dropped the game because it wasn't interesting.
>>
>>378938901
It's been that future for more than 10 years since oblivion came out and spelled out the end of AAA titles catered to core gamers instead of retarded adhd casuals.
>>
>>378937194
This is why I haven't even tried the pirated version. I usually enjoy this style of game, but what they did to Prey 2 and slapping the Prey name on this game just soured the whole deal for me. There's plenty of shit in my backlog so I just played something else when it came out.
>>
>>378955110
oblivion is far from corridor and cinematic
>>
>>378955189
Oblivion with its map markers and "go here retard" arrows was the beginning of the end of thought and exploration.
>>
>>378955082
There is at least an explanation why the player doesn't have a reflection.
>>
>>378936829
I wasn't aware that anyone reads ign's reviews anymore since they've lost all their credibility due to the publisher collusion and obvious paid reviews. Have people forgotten the 10/10 Mass Effect 3 review with full-page ME3 ads in the background?
>>
>>378955082
No you dropped it because the mirror didn't work remember?
>>
File: 1490750349085.jpg (150KB, 931x932px) Image search: [Google]
1490750349085.jpg
150KB, 931x932px
>>378936557
>>
>>378955267
Apparently you're too retarded to know you can turn the arrows off.
>>
>>378939675
>nobody uses superthermal

Whaaaa? It's almost strictly better than Kinetic Blast. For about half the usable range, you get double the damage, and it can act as either a delayed mine, or a direct damage fireball if you drop it right on the enemy. Superthermal III will kill the Nightmare in five shots, and by that point, you should have more than enough PSI hypos, and even if you don't, you can regen PSI from water fountains and fucking coral, it's hilarious.
>>
File: 1495665946715.jpg (16KB, 352x330px) Image search: [Google]
1495665946715.jpg
16KB, 352x330px
>>378955392
aw shucks, you got me anon
>>
>>378955448
Apparently you're too retarded to realize barely anyone did and that's why skyrim has no descriptions on quests. Pull off your oblivion nostalgia goggles faglord and realize it was the engine of change to dumb down the genre.
>>
>>378955448
Apparently you're too retarded to know that when the games have quest arrows that means that the quests aren't designed to be done without them.

>Morrowind
>Journal: I need to meet with X in town Y, maybe I should ask the residents of this town to directions to X's house
>Walk up to NPC
>ask for directions to X's house
>get directions to X's house
>go inside X's house
>talk to X

>Oblivion
>Journal: Find X in town Y
>compass/map is marked with an X where X's house is
>if you turn compass/map off you literally cannot find X's house without trying to walk into every house on in the entire town

You are literally retarded and should kill yourself, faggot. Intuitive level design, quest pacing and quest direction is thrown out the window in favor of cheap/easy to make/low cost quest marker questing with point A to point B with no thought going on inbetween.
>>
>>378936269
It looks good but I just have too large a backlog. I still have to play Bioshock 2 and singularity which are similar games.

I'll get it when it's on sale for like 75% off in a year.
>>
File: 20170603205125_1.jpg (380KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170603205125_1.jpg
380KB, 1920x1080px
>>378951390
sleep tight porker
>>
File: HL2Physics.webm (2MB, 1080x608px) Image search: [Google]
HL2Physics.webm
2MB, 1080x608px
>>
>Awful gunplay. Only the gloo cannon is satisfying to use
>Little weapon variety
>Weapon upgrades are generic damage and reload time upgrades and don't make your weapon look different
>Enemies are bland, look like plastic and aren't threatening at all
>Story isn't even remotely interesting nor are the characters
>Skill system is generic increases to damage, health, inventory space etc.
>Powers aren't even remotely interesting. Many of them existed in Dishonored or Bioshock 2
>Researching of enemies merely requires you to focus a camera on them for a few seconds
>Mimics become easy to identify thanks to a chip for the camera
>Even the toughest enemies only last a few seconds on nightmare
>Obvious that an O2 mechanic was going to exist but was scrapped
>More than enough neuromods to acquire almost every skill. No need to think about what to invest in
>Barely any music. What's there isn't particularly good
>Generic ambience loop which plays in every single fucking area
>Hacking is an insulting and counter-intuitive mini game

Goddamn it was bad.
>>
>>378956003
So you have shit taste. Cool blog.
>>
>>37893626
Its not about bounty hunting
>>
>>378956140
>Well thought out critique
>u have shit taste lol

The game is an insult to everything related to System Shock.
>>
File: tumblr_n0w4wfVDKA1qzbg6ko1_250.png (108KB, 233x271px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0w4wfVDKA1qzbg6ko1_250.png
108KB, 233x271px
>>378938740
But, Chris Avellone was a writer. You know, from New Vegas? Lonesome Road was questionable, but most his material is damn good.
>>
>>378936269
They shouldn't have fucking called it Prey.

All it did was piss people off about Prey 2 getting cancelled.
>>
>>378936269
>in real life its fun to go for a beach walk and step on the occasional insect
What?
>>
>>378956405
All 3 people that still cared about Prey 2.
>>
>>378956519
It's baffling that people cared in the first place.

>Scraps all the good things the first game had.
>Their great and original idea is "y-you're a bounty hunter. IN SPACE."
>>
>>378936651
I was interested but the demo was so fucking awful that it turned me off.
>>
Why do people hate the game's story? I thought it was decent, kept me guessing as to who to trust/what's really going on. The ending isn't even out of nowhere like some people say, there's plenty of hints in the psychotronics lab.
>>
File: 1492389782323.jpg (47KB, 558x564px) Image search: [Google]
1492389782323.jpg
47KB, 558x564px
>>378939975
>GTX 1060
get a real card dude
>>
>>378957085
Let's get real console nig, the 1060 should be getting 200fps in a game which looks that shit.
>>
>>378936269
>>378937124

These core games only sell well with mainstream consumers when there is a lot of positive buzz and word of mouth to convince them to let go of LoL, Fifa, and CoD. It's why Dishonored and Human Revolution, with the largely unanimous praise sold failry well and the sequels and prey which got mixed word of mouth and buzz, sold less.
>>
>>378957282
>200fps
>55 is unplayable
do you own a computer?
>>
>>378936269
>WHAT WENT WRONG????
They scrapped Prey 2 and waited to release their own Prey game 11 years after the first.
>>
>>378936269

I like the game a lot, only problem is none of the characters are interesting at all. If they made some memorable people then it would be on par with Bioshock

imo
>>
>>378955469
Except you'll never use it, or any of the other powers, because the one that locks psy and does a bunch of damage is just straight up objectively superior, because it peels off the psy armor and lets you one-shot everything with the shotgun, while the enemy becomes completely incapable of ranged attacks.
>>
>>378939093
You're right. Those textures are way too shitty to have had 60 million spent on this game.
>>
>>378957441
>"They"
Totally different people and Bethesda chose the name. Simpleton.
>>
>>378956234
>well thought out critique
any kind of idiot can say they don't like something
>>
Didn't even know it came out.

Weird, I listen to plenty of gaming podcasts and youtube channels so I pick up on releases via osmosis
>>
The creation process behind video games has been streamlined by financial considerations for decades instead of optimizing out of engineering considerations. What you now get is shoddy software with the cheapest frameworks one can license and as result flawed interoperability with performance woes and bugs that the development team can no longer fix because they neither wrote the code, nor understand it.
Then again no self-respecting software engineer ever wants to work in such a volatile and bullshit ridden environment if the skillset allows one to instead work in any other industry.
>>
>>378957626
>Totally different people
No. Bethesda canned Prey 2 then waited 11 years and had a company they own, unlike HH, make PREY.
>>
>>378957872
Bethesda are only the publishers, simpleton.
>>
File: 1495856805156.gif (313KB, 500x526px) Image search: [Google]
1495856805156.gif
313KB, 500x526px
I had fun with it but I had no fucking idea who they were aiming the game at. It's not casual enough to be fun for casual gamers and those who enjoyed ss2 might not find it as complex. I think the game is a huge step up from Bioshock since I hated that game, I don't care that much for the combat since I'd rather have different routes and tools that provide some replayability.

I also don't get why they slapped the Prey name on it. Alot of gamers don't know about the original game and all they did was piss off the fans (like me) who were excited as fuck about Prey 2. It should have been released under a different name.

I'm still happy I gave it a try and it did give me some of that SS2 vibes even if it's a bit too modern for my taste. But all I can see is Bethesda trying to kill off Arkane Studios and absorb their IPs.
>>
>>378936269
they shouldn't have fucked over human head like that
>>
>>378937803
Horizon
>>
>>378936507
Are you telling me the demo is not like the full game?
>>
>>378955338
yes anon, IGN is never worth looking at anymore.
>>
>>378958065
it was explained already, bethesda had the Prey name lying around and they rationalized its purchase by letting Arkane do whatever they want under the sole condition of using the Prey name
>>
>>378938079
wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Thread posts: 262
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.