[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SSF2 beta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: Super_Smash_Flash_2_Beta_Roster.jpg (221KB, 1276x717px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Smash_Flash_2_Beta_Roster.jpg
221KB, 1276x717px
SSF2 beta was released few days ago.

My thoughts:
It's pretty much the best smash fan game ever made. way better than SSB crusade. it has it's own unique flow, its not like any other smash game.

i only wish they fix the severe online lag
>>
>No King Dedede
Dropped
>>
I love that they put chibi robo in

But I hate that they put anime characters in

At least they got rid of the OC DONUT STEAL characters from SSF1
>>
>>378928876
>fucking naruto characters
>>
>>378930294
Yeah the anime characters are unnecessary
>>
>not maining Naruto
plebs
>>
>>378930382
>Characters
There's only one Naruto character dummy
>>
Pac-Man is fucking fast and his uair is pure sex.
Falco is also pretty dope.
>>
>>378928876
Does this game have GC controller support?
>>
File: 1495340075270.jpg (22KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
1495340075270.jpg
22KB, 500x365px
>the anime characters will never be removed

Such a terrible tumor on an otherwise great fangame
>>
>>378930670
Yes, the beta has options for it.

>>378930437
At this point for the game, the anime characters are legacy characters and holdovers from the first game. If they didn't put them in, the main fanbase would have had a fit.

I'm not vouching for them and I agree with you, but it's just how things work. At least the game itself is built so well that I don't need to focus on that.
>>
>>378930670
Yes
>>
>>378929858
It has a waddle dee, even better
>>
>>378930895
Literally all the anime characters in SSF2 are fun as fuck to play. why are you even complaining
>>
>no wavedashing
no
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>378931134
SSB crusade has wavedashing but the entire game feels stiff as fuck and its very low effort compared to ssf2
>>
Anime bullshit is a massive downside and the new characters are safe and pandering choices. That said controller support is a massive upside so ill probably put some time into it
>>
>>378931215
Why do you care so much that the source of the characters is animes?

Ichigo, Naruto, Luffi and Goku are incredibly cool and fun characters. they are cooler than having more fire emblem marth clones, if you ask me
>>
>>378931215
>The super smash bros base is okay with having clone characters in their games

> But they are not okay with having completely unique and fun characters just because their source is anime

WEW
>>
So how long until C&D?
>>
File: 1428000506837-0.png (21KB, 116x178px) Image search: [Google]
1428000506837-0.png
21KB, 116x178px
>>378931327
>>378931385
Because it is a super smash brothers based game. The series has no anime bullshit and especially not terrible neverending shonens
Go back to deviantart, or wherever it is you came from because it clearly isnt here.

The anime characters are a blight on the game.
>>
>>378931601
Until the devs act like retards by bringing the game to public attention
>>
>>378931629
Who said it has to be 100% the same as the normal SSB??

What's the point of making a fan-made game if you don't get to put your own original ideas and creativity in it?

I'll tell you something.
I think that not only the anime characters don't harm the game, they actually make the game much better.

I fucking wish Nintendo would have the balls to break traditions and put Goku in smash switch or something
>>
>>378931629
The newer FE characters in Smash are just as if not more so "anime" than most of these actual anime characters.

Deal with it.
>>
>>378931849
This.
Fire Emblem characters are practically anime characters
>>
Where the fuck is Mewtwo? How are the developers stupid enough to add fucking Jigglypuff before Mewtwo?
>>
>>378931936
SSB crusade has mewtwo, but again: SSB crusade is very low effort.

The SSB crusade devs went for quantity over quality, which is why they have a ton of characters but they don't much the quality of SSF2
>>
>>378931601
Never, because the devs aren't making money from it.

It's like fanart
>>
>>378932614
That's not the issue here, as it comes back to copyright laws and bullcrap that's honestly out of Nintendo's control. See, AM2R.

That said, like AM2R, anything Nintendo does is too little too late at this point, since it's already out into the aether and it's been in development for 10 years now. If they wanted to kill it, they could have done so during its development. Just like AM2R.
>>
Who are the top tiers in your opinion?
>>
>>378933464
Spacies
>>
>>378933527
I feel like Ichigo is probably a top tier too, he has a combination of speed and a massive disjoint, kinda like Cloud in ssb4
>>
>>378933573
Havent played Ichigo yet, but I heard he still has lots of his tech like his wavedashing.
Did they nerf Sheik/Zelda?
>>
>>378933675
I'm not sure about Zelda/Shiek.

Zelda has a WAY better frame data in this game compared to Zelda in official smash games tho
>>
>>378933778
Is she as good as PM Zelda, though?
>>
>>378931629
The million and one fire emblem characters are all pretty anime. At least these 4 are anime characters the west actually care about.
>>
>anime shit

Nope.
>>
>>378933778
I feel the same with pac-man, and also that he doesn't have that much of a problem with getting KOs.
>>
>>378933846
I would put her on that tier if not higher. She's very good.
>>
>>378933846
honestly can't tell
>>
>>378934035
she's mid tier at best in PM so that doesn't mean much
>>
>>378934131
Well it means she aint a low tier at least
>>
>>378934131
It's still a massive improvement over official.
>>
Oh, and about Zelda/Shiek - i like how they made Sheik's side-B bouncing fish. its way better than having the melee/brawl side b
>>
>>378928876

>No Ganondorf

what is this gay as fuck shit
>>
>>378934219
They worked on the game for 10 years.

You can't get everything when the devs work for free and they try to make everything as high quality as possible.
>>
I remember playing this game a shit ton. Glad they kept the anime characters, Goku was my day one choice for this game.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.