[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horror

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: FatVsThicc.jpg (813KB, 3840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
FatVsThicc.jpg
813KB, 3840x2400px
Hey /v/, I need horror games to satiate my lust for fear. It seems not a lot of great ones have come out lately so I've resorted to installing old ones. Can you recommend me something terrifying?

Right now I've only really got Dead Space 1, System Shock 2, Bioshock, Alien Isolation, Outlast, SOMA, the Penumbra games, and the FEAR games (excluding 3).

Looking through Steams recommended horror games yields mostly "Open World Survival Multiplayer Crafting" games and outside of "The Forest" I'm not interested in any of them. Horror recommendations of all kind are welcome.
>>
>>378927539

If you don't mind RPG maker games, Witch's house is pret good. Ib is as well.
>>
>>378927614
Huh. of that nature I've only been recommended Yume Nikki, Skinwalker, and Ao Oni. Thanks for the names, I'll take a look at them!
>>
>>378927725

I'm not surprised yume nikki was recommended before the other 2, but I'm really surprised at least Ib wasn't recommended before ao oni and that other one.
>>
Is Outlast 2 any good? The first game is fun but the whole nanomachine ghost thing at the end really detracts from the atmosphere.
>>
>>378927614
>>378927725
>>378928224
>Chink indie shit

I would rather not play anything at all.
>>
>>378927725
if you get into those you have to check out .flow as well. from an atmospheric standpoint it might be the single most fucked up thing ive played.
>>
File: monstrum.jpg (146KB, 963x722px) Image search: [Google]
monstrum.jpg
146KB, 963x722px
>>378928890
Noted! Monstrum looks kind of like randomly generated garbage and the three/four monster angle is a bit weird but I hear it isn't awful. Anyone know about it?
>>
>>378927539
I'll give you a few you might like.

Metro 2033 - Not horror per se, but has horror elements, very atmospheric and always feels oppressive.

Resident Evil: Remake is on Steam and pretty good.

Alan Wake if you like Stephen King or related stuff. It got pulled from digital store due to licensing bullshit so you'll need to get a copy elsewhere.

Bioshock 2 is good, Dead Space 2 is good.
>>
You know what always bugged me in horror games? Audio logs always cut out as someone is screaming or just before someone's horribly murdered.

I want just one good audio log where the whole scene plays out and someone is bludgeoned to death or something and then the log records 45 seconds of silence afterwards before shutting off. You know, like a real fucking recording instrument would, it would fill up on space before shutting off.
>>
Anyone know what those pictures were about in deadspace? They don't look like necromorph bodies, but what else would they be?
>>
>>378930484
I think there was this underlying idea that the unitologists knew about Necromorphs and saw them as the next evolution or something of that nature, and the higher ups on whatever that planet was knew what the marker was doing

So I think some of the medical staff knew about the necromorphs, though it seems like Nicole didn't and she was head medic on the Ishimura. For all I know that could just be game design art that they slapped on the walls.
>>
File: millasdanceparty.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
millasdanceparty.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
not enough games have crazy mood whiplashes from fun into gut-horror. Milla's storyline in psychonauts fucked me up as a kid
>>
>>378927539
outlast 2
layers of fear

discussing horror is pretty much impossible because there is always an edgelord bragging about how laughable that game is....
it's like horror game expectations are always too high

i forgot, resident7 is pretty cool, too
>>
File: singularity.jpg (26KB, 600x279px) Image search: [Google]
singularity.jpg
26KB, 600x279px
>>378932182
Let me be the opposite then. Dead Space 1 scared the fucking shit out of me the first time I played it.

Also Singularity, which isn't even a horror game, scared the piss out of my bladder with the first level. Something about wandering through a decaying little russian town on top of a military outpost, with all the rain and rust, with only a pistol

It puts the fear of the unknown into you. Finding audio logs and notes while moving from area to area, especially moving into the house with the dead family inside and then the school with all the flashbacks of children and notes about lunch-ladies putting government powder into the kids' food.. still gives me goosebumps.
>>
File: 89980c4268f03e742d49f6196f26f2b7.jpg (162KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
89980c4268f03e742d49f6196f26f2b7.jpg
162KB, 1080x1080px
>>378927539
Alright this post is gonna sound dumb as shit but play the first Elder Scrolls.
Yeah this one,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmBJSOb48vg

Just trust me when I say to tackle the prison dungeon you spawn in without knowing any thing about the game, might sp00k ya
No for real try it
Roll a spellsword
>>
>>378933059
I'll definitely try it, I'm making a list of games to play next week for a personal scareathon
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.