[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

actually, say something nice about this game hard mode:no Elizabeth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 17

File: Falling_Desktop_1280x1024.jpg (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Falling_Desktop_1280x1024.jpg
1MB, 1280x1024px
actually, say something nice about this game hard mode:no Elizabeth
>>
>>378924226
Art design was good. Look at the concept art, and then be sad at all the wasted potential.
>>
>>378924226
Art style, scenery.

Thats it.
>>
Um......

...it didn't have regenerating health! :D
>>
>>378925010
>>378925384
This, it is a good looking game early on and those early sections nailed the look of a colonial city.

Shame about the rest.

Alright, so what would you want as the next setting for Bioshock? What location and what political standing do they have?
>>
>>378925010
>>378925384
M-music was pleasant you fags.
>>
>something nice
Literally anything about the game. Combat, level design, Elizabeth, skylines, tears, the story, the game is fucking amazing!
>>
>>378926216
>t. Ken
>>
the gunplay was pretty nice, at least for the time
>>
>>378925010
I have the artbook for this game. Yeah, games change during development. It happens. What we got was incredible either way.
>>
>>378926297
Lol no, it wasnt.
>>
It had potential.
>>
>>378926271
>t.faggot
>>
>>378925647
Elizabeth auto heals you periodically
>>
>>378926362

Yes it was, i remember it being really good. I did play through it twice.
>>
>>378926318
It was a downgrade in almost every way when you look at the series previous installments.
>>
>>378926362
Lol yes it was
>>
>>378926454
Fuck no it wasn't. Infinite streamlined everything clunky about them and outright threw out everything that flat out didn't work.

Infinite understood that Bioshock just didn't work either as a role-playing game or a horror game. So it went with being an action game, and it worked fantastically.
>>
>>378926471
>>378926452

I remember the guns feeling like peashooters.

But then again thanks to the two weapon limit I was sticking with the guns I picked early on and invested all of my upgrade points into.
>>
>>378926593

Right, because having a weapon upgrade system in a game with a two weapon carry limit was a great fucking idea.
>>
>>378926604
Nah, the guns fealt really great. Only surpassed by Destiny.

And if you weren't experimenting with the full arsenal in the game then what the fuck were you doing?
>>
>>378926593
Well, thats, like, your opinion, man.
Mine is Bioshock 2 is superior in atmosphere and gameplay.
>>
File: what_the_fuck_am_I_reading[1].png (19KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
what_the_fuck_am_I_reading[1].png
19KB, 400x400px
>>378926593
The entire -Shock series was always a RPG shooter

And BI is terrible as a action game even seen on a vacuum. 2 Weapons limit with scarce ammo in a game with tied upgrades? Fucking bullet sponges everything the last 1/3 of the game? That fucking ghost boss fight? Wave after wave level design? Far fewer options on how to handle combat? I can go on, and on and on.
>>
>>378925010
The townsfolk with clones of themselves no-clipped through their bodies were really inspired. Too bad they stuffed all their dimensional powers into the Disney waifu and replaced them with knockoff plasmids.
>>
>>378926703
Yeah it was. The game let you pick a playstile and allowed you to get more comfortable with it.

That's another thing about the game: how it accomadates for different kind of people playing the game. You don't like iron sight aiming? Then you can just play through almost the entire game without using it because the weapons are so accurate even without it. You can play Bioshock Infinite as though you were playing an oldschool FPS, if you like those things.

The game is full of genius design decisions like that that frankly, more games ought to emulate.
>>
>>378925797

>Alright, so what would you want as the next setting for Bioshock? What location and what political standing do they have?
Moon. Transhumanism. Just give me a new good SS.
>>
>>378926751

I never played Destiny so I have no idea if you're being serious or not.

And I picked up the semi auto rifle and used it for the whole game because it was the perfect weapon for every single combat scenario.
>>
>>378926703
The upgrades were one of the things that Infinite did horribly in comparison to 1 and 2. Infinite's upgrades didn't even make an visual changes to the weapon, unlike both previous installments which had weapons change as you improved them.

>>378926593
The combat was a direct downgrade from the previous game, even without the moronic two weapon penalty its still terrible in comparison.
>>
>>378926403
>t.idiot that doesn't know shit about videogames
>>
File: kUtfTZD.jpg (668KB, 1500x2128px) Image search: [Google]
kUtfTZD.jpg
668KB, 1500x2128px
>tfw ordered it minutes before release and got Civ V and nuXcom for free
>tfw you liked it a lot at the time despite some letdowns thanks to the aesthetic and general feel
>tfw play through it about 3 times within a couple weeks of launch
>tfw hyped as shit for B@S
>tfw really liked B@S Ep. 1
>tfw B@S Ep. 2 hype
>tfw B@S Ep. 2 was a steaming pile of unfuckingbeliiveable shit
>tfw start to dislike BInfinite
>tfw don't really care for it anymore

Bit of a downer famiglias

>>378926751
>Only surpassed by Destiny.
I unironically play Destiny. Its gunplay is wildly inconsistent and the guns range from shit to "ok" to somewhat satisfying.
>bloom
>great
Nah, Destiny is aggressively mediocre in its weapons.
The toyetic sound design on about half of the guns is a huge drag too.

I actually did and still do enjoy BI's gunplay, but it really did feel restrictive in a few ways.
>>
File: I went to college for this.jpg (36KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
I went to college for this.jpg
36KB, 357x368px
>>378926297
>for the time
>implying we haven't had more satisfying shooters for damn near 20 years by the time Infinite came out

Infinite threw out the few things that worked about the original Bioshock game's combat systems. The only new things it tried were the grind rails, which are sorely under-utilized, and the regenerating shield.

The only nice thing I can say about its combat is that it's serviceable. It isn't a completely unbearable trainwreck, but it's nothing more than serviceable.
>>
File: Meet The Sess.jpg (54KB, 537x502px) Image search: [Google]
Meet The Sess.jpg
54KB, 537x502px
>>378924226
Liked some of the OST.

>>378926216
fuck off Sessler.
>>
it's a nice experience if you aren't too critical
>>
>>378924226
I liked how Burial at Sea turned into a stealth game with Elizabeth, seeing her lose her marbles was great
>>
>>378926978
The problem is the ammo. If it were like you said the design od the drop rates of guns and ammo in the game would reflect that. But it doesn't and as result the game turned a game mechanic into a problem.
>>
>>378926882
>The entire -Shock series was always a RPG shooter
And in Bioshock it didn't work because it was too simplified. You didn't even have an inventory, that entire aspect of the game was chaff to fool rubs like you.

>And BI is terrible as a action game even seen on a vacuum.
No it isn't, it's the best FPS of its generation.
>2 Weapons limit with scarce ammo in a game with tied upgrades?
First of all, you are autistic, nobody fucking cares about weapon limits or whatever. Secondly I never had trouble getting ammo for any weapon, you must have played the game wrong.
>Fucking bullet sponges everything the last 1/3 of the game?
So you can enjoy thr combat more.
>That fucking ghost boss fight?
That was great! Long, thrilling and exhillarating: just like a boss fight ought to be!
>Wave after wave level design?
That's not how I remember it.
>Far fewer options on how to handle combat?
Only if you are one of the handful of nerds that bothered with shit like tripmine arrows or whatever in the original. Otherwise Infinite blows the rest of the series out of the water in terms of combt.
>>
>>378927326

People tend to be more critical of it since when it was released the reviewers were hyping it up as the best thing ever with a super deep story.
>>
>>378926978
And old school fps let you carry all the weapons at the same fucking time.
>>
>>378927149
>t.underage kiddie trying to fit in
>>
looks good
sounds good
but that doesn't matter because it's a mediocre shooter and complete departure from the rest of the series
>>
File: red forman.jpg (31KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
red forman.jpg
31KB, 625x415px
>>378927396
I can't tell if shilling or trolling. Am I looking at art?
>>
>>378927084
Well this is just flat out incorrect.
>>
>>378927490
If you cant spot a troll this obvious you need glasses. Just fucking ignore it.
>>
>>378927490
Something worse: rose-tinted fanatacism
>>
>>378927396

You really think you can post that and have me think that you're not taking the piss?
>>
>>378927541
>glasses
B-but, those are for nerds
>>
>>378927216
Hipster
>>
File: IMG_1074.jpg (22KB, 456x456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1074.jpg
22KB, 456x456px
Booker a cute!

Bad husbando material though...
>>
>>378927446
The people "critical" of it are just racists/idiots.
>>
>>378927470
Now be real. You really think there weren't major design issues with infinite? Elizabeth is a great example of infinite approach to gaming. Gameplay is a hindrance towards what they actually wanted to do and as such you can see how useless elizabeth really is and how she could have been replaced easily.
>>
File: NANI.png (10KB, 334x229px) Image search: [Google]
NANI.png
10KB, 334x229px
>destroying Elizabeth's prison unshackles her dimensional powers
>we've destroyed an identical prison in a previous universe and it did nothing

>>378927392
I felt like they were expecting you to juggle weapon types off the ground as you kill splicer knock-offs. When you combine it with the instant-kill grapple rail attack and the regenerating shields they could've made a downright swashbuckling combat system. Shame there's absolutely no reason to ever switch off the semi-auto rifle you get right near the start of the game, and the combat completely fucking falls apart on itself if you turn the difficulty up.
That swashbuckling experience I mentioned earlier is completely unviable on harder modes, and the game devolves into a stop-and-pop cover shooter with nerf gun weapons. The base starter pistol in Killing Floor is more fun to shoot than every single weapon in Infinite and I wish I was kidding.
>>
>>378927392
I never eyperienced anything like that. All I remember about ammo is how incredibly well Elizabeth was deaigned, always throwing you ammo and helping you out in the very last second. I loved how thrilling it was.
>>
>>378927463
Here we go again with your autism...
>>
>>378927681
Again that shows a clear design issue. Which most critiques completely overlooked because of the retarded story and how pretentious it was
>>
>game has the sky rails for cuhrazy fight segments
>but if you actually get on the rail you just die cause lol hitscan
>movement is ass so you're probably just gonna sit in the same spot and plink everyone from cover
>powers are literally all the same, just different types of stuns

the game does look nice though
>>
>>378927806
Yeah because I only carried 2 guns when playing DOOM.
>>
>>378927490
>>378927541
>>378927551
I'm not even that guy but you are all bootyblasted dipshits with shit taste nd no arguments.
>>
File: 1463248471109.jpg (62KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1463248471109.jpg
62KB, 500x500px
>>378927681
By swashbuckling do you mean dropping your guns as you run out of ammo and picking up another gun dropped from your enemies??
>>
>>378927806
well you could carry all the guns in bioshock games
whats the excuse?
>>
File: gotta be veggietales.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
gotta be veggietales.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>378927674
There's a scene during the ghost mom disaster where the writers bent over backwards to give Elizabeth something to do.

>walk up to ghost mom's corpse locked behind a gate
>there isn't actually a lock on the gate at all and the latch is in the open position
>you could just push it open with your foot
>Elizabeth warps a lock onto the unlocked gate
>then picks that very same lock
>THEN the gate opens
>>
>>378927674
>Now be real. You really think there weren't major design issues with infinite?
No, I do not. I believe it is interactive perfection, the best video game ever made.

>Elizabeth is a great example of infinite approach to gaming. Gameplay is a hindrance towards what they actually wanted to do and as such you can see how useless elizabeth really is and how she could have been replaced easily
What you just said makes absolutely no sense. Elizabeth works better in gameplay than any other companion character in gaming history, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>378927741
What I was talking about was how the ammo drop rates from enemies weren't tailored for the guns you carried or were invested in. So with that you can clearly see that from a design pov , either you supply the player with the proper ammo to suit their specific needs or build a system were they can get regularly what they need to progress.
>>
>>378927942
I'm >>378927204
>>
Art direction is genuinely on point. It's a pretty game to look at.
>>
>>378927997
Yeah. Swinging from the rails also gives off vibes of a pirate swinging onto the deck of a ship by cutting the Jacob's ladder. Not that it really matters, since Infinite fails to deliver on the fantasy anyways.
>>
>>378927681
I played the game on hard mode and I used the Skyline strike so much because it was so fun. But yeah, if you want there are tons of other ways to play the game. Heck, I still need to master the combat system for Clash in the Clouds.
>>
>>378924226
Go away Ken.
>>
>>378927901
Is this what this place has come to? People badmouthung a game they are just too shitty at to play properly?
>>
>>378928078
What? She does fucking nothing. Nothing she evee did couldn't be replaces easilym she only exist for the retarded story there is no gameplay reason at all to have her.
>>
>>378928141
Well sometimes you just need to switch weapons in a pinch. It happens. Keeps the game fresh too, anywa.
>>
>>378928273
>has come to
Anon...I
>>
>>378928273
explain how get good against hitscan, my man. i want to hear this.
>>
>>378928354
You could say that about any NPC in any video game ever: what you are saying is meaningless.

Elizabeth makes the experience even more incredible and provides context for her abilities.
>>
>>378928386
But then the combat wasn't designed for the player to feel in control of their style and rather just replace shit. But then you punish people for investing into upgrades.

Infinite got away with a lot of terrible design issues.
>>
>>378928393
Against BI terrible AI? You can probably just stand still and they wont manage to hit you 8/10
>>
>>378928393
...you shoot the enemies before they shoot you.

By learning how to aim properly.

Idiot.
>>
>>378925010
>>378926904
Ken Levine has this weird obsession of scrapping the game at the last minute and make another version of the game "based" on the scrapped version, this means that the final product is either rushed or bland in some parts
Just look at the Fontaine Boss battle in BI and the fuck-ton of scrapped concepts and mechanics on Infinite and BI
Hell, Infinite could have been a better game if Levine had not trashed the game at the last minute
Fuck that guy
>>
File: 1424205241499.jpg (56KB, 528x528px) Image search: [Google]
1424205241499.jpg
56KB, 528x528px
So basically when you watch the original gameplay reveal or whatever for Bioshock infinite, you get this very Bioshock feeling game. Like, it looks more open and more explorable than the linear shooter we got. The demo guy gets to the preacher and takes a gun from the basket and the preacher yells "WHO ARE YOU!?" at the top of his lungs before his homie shits out some ravens at you.

I realized looking back at the themes and reading the concept book of Bioshock infinite, he wasn't yelling at you because you were a foreigner, he was straight up yelling at you because he didn't recognize you. Considering the themes of Infinite originally with gangs and shit fighting one another and the merging of the same person but from different realities to make the crazies in Infinite probably made them paranoid and hostile to basically everyone they don't recognize, creating a warzone of hostile gangs that attack one another on sight just because they're different. It's a neat take on xenophobia instead of the "RACISM IS BAD >:(" shit we got with the actual release of the game.

I have a feeling Infinite gets so much praise because of how shit journalists are. Basically the whole consensus with Infinite when it came out is "This is a smart game and you'll be smart if you play it!"
Considering how fucking desperate your average journalist is for recognition, they all jumped on the band wagon and couldn't get enough of sniffing their own farts and gushing about how "Smart" Bioshock Infinite was and how smart they were for liking it.

Even though the combat is bland, the powers are boring, the story is retarded, and the themes are so fucking hamfisted and simple it makes saturday morning cartoons look deep. This shit is exactly why other medium critics look down on video game journalists, they're practically sub human.
>>
>>378928580
oh like i said in my original post? what point were you making again?
>>
>>378928540
You are arguing with the boy who wrote >>378927396
>Fucking bullet sponges everything the last 1/3 of the game?
So you can enjoy thr combat more.
>That fucking ghost boss fight?
That was great! Long, thrilling and exhillarating: just like a boss fight ought to be!

Stop falling for bait.
>>
>>378928513
No it isn't. A lot of games make use of their npcs better depending on what they try to do with them. Infinite approach to gaming and ellizabeth was "we need her in the game, then lets find a utility for her gamepla wise" and nor the otherway around.
>>
>>378924226
hard mode is really nice
>>
>>378928540
>But then the combat wasn't designed for the player to feel in control of their style and rather just replace shit.
Needing to switch up on occasion isn't bad.
>But then you punish people for investing into upgrades.
Nah, the game is generous in giving you your weapons back when you get respit

>Infinite got away with a lot of terrible design issues
Except in my eyes they are not terrible, they just add variety to the game.
>>
>>378924226
I loved the old timey versions of modern songs. That's it though.
The rest of this game sucked.
>>
as I see it; it's a great argument for "Grand Theft Motor-Quadrocycle" or something.

(basically GTA set in pre-ww1 New York, San Francisco (pre-earthquake), Boston, London, Paris, etc.)

preferably with strange guns (with strange controls), and strange vehicles (with strange and not-consistent controls because those hadn't been completely "standardized" yet), strange words/slang, just make it really "foreign" in the way only the past can be.

(regarding controls for vehicles, this is why I think they should be fucking weird)
see: https://youtu.be/8jfJn60_I1A
>>
>>378928513
She actually does nothing in combat. Both you and enemies completely ignore her. There is no way for any party to interact with her during combat in any way.

The closest she gets is throwing Booker ammo/salts/health, but this system is an obvious replacement for the previous game's healthpack/plasmid syringe stockpiling system. I guarantee you that ability was stripped from the player and given to Elizabeth when they realized she was a total non-entity outside of scripted moments or cutscenes.
>>
>>378928607
The way I see it, his games had to go through what they did because you can either lazily make an average game, or you can go through a difficult proccess and create an outstanding game. And developing a GREAT game is difficult, yeah.

And Levine obviously went for the latter option. Shit, if the game hadn't got delayed one last time we never would have gotten the entire mechanic of tears!
>>
File: 1472270810013.jpg (83KB, 306x276px) Image search: [Google]
1472270810013.jpg
83KB, 306x276px
>>378928189
The more you keep talking the more I want a futuristic FPS where you play as a caveman, and your base melee weapon is a spear/atlatl, no reloads, no iron sights because fucking cavemen don't know how to use them, you carry at max 2 weapons your rusty trusty throwing spear or equivalent and what ever gun you equipped, hardmode: you can't drop your gun till it's out of ammo, keep your original spear.
>>
>>378928673
This is some of the saddest reverse-trolling I ever saw in my life.
>>
>>378928641
Wow. You are really stupid.
>>378928616
Holy mother of fuck this post is terrible.
>>
Why did reviewers suck this games cock so much?
>>
Booker and Elizabeth have to be two of the stupidest videogame characters written in the last ten years

>Elizabeth can open portals through spacetime while stuck in a prison specifically designed to stop her from opening portals through spacetime
>First thing we see her do is open a portal to Paris
>Booker baits Elizabeth into accompanying him by claiming he's taking her to Paris
>Elizabeth asks how the fuck they're going to get there
>>
>>378924226
when you shoot a guy in the head you get a spooky.wav
>>
>>378928998
quality posting right here
>>
>>378925010
Never forget what could have been. I'm still mad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U09JW5r3F10
>>
>>378928998
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>378927005
>transhumanism
I mean, not that it was rigorous or anything, but didn't the first game touch on this already?
>>
>>378924226
1 was decent, 2 was meh, and this was a fucking abomination
>>
>>378928696
0/10

>>378928825
>She actually does nothing in combat. Both you and enemies completely ignore her.
Which is the single greatest design decision anyone ever made with about an NPC ally in a video game. You don't need to babysit Elizabeth or keep her from, you can just enjoy yourself playing the game during combat.
>There is no way for any party to interact with her during combat in any way.
Correct: SHE interacts with YOU. It both gives Elizabeth agency AND gives thrilling, unpredictable properties to gunfights.

>The closest she gets is throwing Booker ammo/salts/health, but this system is an obvious replacement for the previous game's healthpack/plasmid syringe stockpiling system.
And what an ingenius replacement it is. More games should adopt it.
>I guarantee you that ability was stripped from the player and given to Elizabeth when they realized she was a total non-entity outside of scripted moments or cutscenes.
More like it builds a connection between Elizabeth and the player and truly makes it feel like both of you are out there fighting for your lives. Also Booker can carry health packs himself so, wrong again, idiot!
>>
>>378929002
It uses a lot of confusing, lofty concepts as window dressing for the setting. It also goes off in a thousand different directions with its plot, even though it doesn't say anything meaningful about any of them. The plot falls apart the moment you start thinking about it, which brings us to the reviewers.

Videogame reviewers are desperate for narratives with some meat to them, but they also don't have the time to actually think about the narratives they're experiencing. Videogame reviewers also suffer from an industry-wide inferiority complex relative to other mediums. When they see a game wearing the skin of a smart story like a bedsheet ghost, they prop it up on a pedestal in the hopes of garnering praise: both for the industry, for crafting such a narrative, and for themselves, for exposing the masterpiece to the masses early. This encourages other reviewers to hop on the bandwagon, so that they won't look like idiots for not "getting it".

Keep in mind reviewers are also forced to write their reviews during their honeymoon following finishing the game in order to publish on time. Infinite's ending is probably the most pretentious part, which makes the above issues more severe than they are for most narrative-driven games.
>>
>>378929002
Because they are decent people with good taste in video games and neither of those qualities apply to you.
>>
>>378929487
As much as I like this explanation, it took almost no time for me to catch on to Infinite's bullshit and I'm an idiot.
>>
>>378929045
I guess Infinite is a bad game if you are so stupid that you don't understand the characters' obvious motivations.

But that's your problem m8.
>>
File: 1483126936614.jpg (120KB, 1500x843px) Image search: [Google]
1483126936614.jpg
120KB, 1500x843px
>>378929542
>>
>>378929376
Not to mention tears: tears are by far the best, most innovative mechanic in the game. And if that ability was given to Booker, it would make no sense.

This is where it shows that "critics" of Bioshock Infinite don't think too hard about what they are saying: they don't understans what a deep cohesion exiata between the design, mechanics and the narrative in this game.
>>
File: facebook_14407873517431.jpg (30KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
facebook_14407873517431.jpg
30KB, 540x540px
>>378929583
When you're excited/desperate for something you're more willing to forgive or straight up not see flaws, see stomping land and any fans of dinosaurs for comparison, also bad practices in journalism.
>>
>>378929201
I guess you are right. Both BS1 and 2 had some transhumanism. 2 more than 1, though.

Lamb very objective was transhumanism, while Fontaine... God, Fontaine was such a bad villain i cant even remember what he wanted. World domination?

Anyway, by transhumanism, i guess i want more SHODAN turning people into monsters because "ya, its good for you"
>>
>>378929583
I blame reviewers buying into the pre-release hype, and willingly turning a blind eye to the retarded heroes because of the series' pedigree.

>>378929618
Booker is tasked with kidnapping Elizabeth, and he does so by bribing her with promises of getting to Paris. I get that.
It makes no sense for Elizabeth to take him up on that offer, since she can already get to Paris on her own whenever the fuck she wants. She brags later in the game that she'd go on adventures through her portals all the time when she was younger.

>>378929812
Context-sensitive summoning via dimensional tear easily could've been a passive plasmid for Booker. The zappy particle effect would just need to come from Booker instead of Elizabeth and you have it made. Obviously this would mean restructuring the narrative, but in the context of the combat system there's no consequence to Elizabeth having this power instead of Booker. She never needs to get into position to use her powers, and you don't need to cover her or anything in order for her to open the tears. Once again, Elizabeth has no reason for existing the moment the guns come out.
>>
>>378929812

Frankly I don't remember the tears doing anything that was actually all that useful.

I could spawn a turret here or have a new place to stand over there. Frankly they didn't add much to the gameplay.
>>
>>378924226
everything that was done better by someone else somewhere else
>>
File: 1495534608698.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1495534608698.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
The barbershop quartet rendition of God Only Knows.
>>
>>378929376
I swear to god you type like a 14 year old, half of your arguments don't even look like you cared.
>>
>>378930602
He's just fucking around with us.
>>
>>378930602
Because he's baiting and you fucking retards always reply to those low effort posts
>>
>>378930574
I'd like it better if it didn't weirdly sound like it's been heavily processed or something.

I still like it a lot.
>>
>>378929376
She is a mobile ammo dispenser that's invulnerable, and Half life 2 had invulnerable companions who did things and would talk to(at?) you as as well, FF7 had sephiroth who for an entire mission was practically unkillable and would revive you and heal you as well as fight and win, and homoerotica aside no one is jumping on his dick as quick as you are to jump on Elizabeth's.
>>
>>378930391
>But dude, it made you CONTROL the battlefield. Having to open up a tear to pick up that healthkit was so much more intense than just picking one that spawned normally!

Bioshock infinite is a fucking collection of terrible design decisions. It deserves to be studied as an example of how not to make a game.
>>
>>378930969
Bioshock Infinite is fun to pick at for all the things it did wrong. His bait's low effort, but it gives me an excuse to wax on about shit I hated from Infinite.
>>
WAIT A MINUTE
>>
I actually enjoyed BS:I. If you liked the other games, there's really no reason not to like it as well. BS:I is the exact same game as the others except it isn't underwater. Obviously it's very flawed in terms of game design but it was worth the playthrough. It was fun.

>>378927326
nailed it
>>
>>378933147
>If you liked the other games, there's really no reason not to like it as well. BS:I is the exact same game as the others except it isn't underwater.
> Obviously it's very flawed in terms of game design

Other than the Final Boss, even Bioshock has more atmosphere and interesting level design than Infinite.
>>
>>378924226
the story really makes you think, that's about the only nice thing
>>
So much potential flushed down the toilet because Ken Levine is an idiot.
>>
>>378934049
It makes you think how little sense it makes.
>>
>>378925647
It literally did. If you invested points into health instead of shields you're a fucking imbecile.
>>
>>378924226
soundtrack and artstyle are what carried me through 2 playthroughs
>>
>>378924226
Neat setting. Late 1800s flying sky city is a good place to set a game.
>>
>>378924226
Art style, scenery
>>
Jesus Christ you subhuman imbeciles are still at this
>>
Having read through this entire thread, none of the supposed arguments brought up against Bioshock Infinite really stand up to scrutiny.
>>
>>378935835
>elitism about fucking video games
tell us, oh enlightened one, what are games of the true patrician, mister "goes into 4chan threads about things i don't like at to call people stupid at 4AM because i have nothing better to do"?
>>
>>378927641
Dude he's a guy, lol, wtf
>>
I feel as if anyone who didn't play it in Hard or 1999 should just shut the fuck up.

It was a good game. Could've been more everything, honestly.

All I can say is that It was a Bioshock game.

People praise the past Bioshocks even though they had glaring issues.

>Muh Bioshock 1 upgrading Plasmyds made them do more damage and cost more EVE, but their stunning effect is literally the same. Holy shit. Shock does MORE damage? Wowee.

>Muh Bioshock 2 top level stream plasmids were locked until THE FUCKING END. WTF.

Fuck all of you and your shitty opinions.

The only thing I have against the game is the DLC that linked it to Rapture.

>Everything that happened in Infinite was an elaborate plan to save 7 little girls in an underwater city in the 1970's. What.
>>
>>378937327
Are you saying bullet sponges and running out of ammo more often is better? Because I went 1999 right out the gate and it was garbage.
>>
>>378937327
I played it on Hard my first time and it absolutely was the first time I had ever said the following words out loud:

>"This game isn't fucking fun."
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.