[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DWARF FORTRESS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: d0rf03.png (148KB, 1507x567px) Image search: [Google]
d0rf03.png
148KB, 1507x567px
FUCK DWARF FORTRESS
>3-5 days building my fortress
>had legendary dwarfs using the wood spear trap bug
>Adamatium armor
>ANCIENT EVIL GIANT OCTOPUS SLIME MADE OF ACID THAT FIRE LASERS THAT REGENERATES 100% OF HEALTH IN 0.1 SECONDS HAS AWAKEN!
>Kill all my 2000 dwarfs

Fuck this game forever.
>>
File: 1493400302375.jpg (46KB, 730x780px) Image search: [Google]
1493400302375.jpg
46KB, 730x780px
>It's another episode of a normie getting btfo in DF
>>
>>378914076
Losing is Fun
>>
>>378914076
Freeze him in water you nig. You do have every room in your fortress linked to instant-death levers don't you?
>>
File: dorf fort.png (698KB, 2022x9691px) Image search: [Google]
dorf fort.png
698KB, 2022x9691px
>>378914076
unless it was a monster from hell you should have been able to handle it easily and even then you should have just barricaded off the rest of your fort
>>
>>378915474
Pretty sure to get adamatium you have to be close to hell.
>>
You can tell this story is false because OP said 2000 dwarves, and no one is capable of managing a fort of that size due to insane slowdown.
>>
>>378914076
Sounds like you didn't take fortress defense seriously.
>>
>>378915783
>he doesn't reserve supercomputer hours to play dwarf fortress
low-tier casual
>>
>>378915783
Pretty sure my computer lagged as fuck on that time.
And I think there is option for max population.
>>
>>378916017
It's not a matter if you can, it's a matter of if you want to. 2000 dwarves seems like a novel concept until you get to like 1000 dwarves and it takes like an hour just for 1 day to pass. I believe toady has said that he really hopes that processing power development improves faster than the new stuff he adds slows the game down.
>>
>>378915973
I don't think you'll find a super computer with a single core fast enough
>>
>>378915783

Also might be a loathsome phone poster that doesn't check their typos before starting a thread. Default dorf cap is 200 isn't it?
>>
>>378915631
yeah but you dont have to breach hell
>>
>>378917237
But it is enough to forgotten beasts to appear.
>>
>>378919234
forgotten beasts are nothing compared to hells army
a single beast should have been no threat to his shit
>>
>>378915783
>he doesnt have a quantum computer
>>
>>378914076
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress.
>>
>>378914076
Wtf am i looking at? Did they make a sequel to Chip's Challenge?
>>
>>378914076
Sounds like you weren't ready to have fun.
>>
>>378921802
a mighty dwarven hall, a storage facility filled with beer, crafts and seeds, a barracks with military dwarfs training, a huge gem storage area and an underground river gently floating by
>>
>>378914076
>he doesn't play with default textures
>>
The one I encountered was pretty tough, since it killed my army of legendary dwarves (all max attributes) with adamantium armor and weapons.

I think it was a spider something, it kept shooting webs on my dwarves and spiting acid.
>>
>>378922504
meant to
>>378919682
>>
>love building giant fortresses in games, would love to get into Dwarf Fortress
>Don't mind the lack of graphics too much, but the UI is probably the worst thing I have ever seen my entire life
Maybe one day
>>
>>378922580
what dont you like about the ui anon?
>>
>>378916297
or you know

he could learn how to fucking multithread and take advantage of multiple cores

or hire someone to do it, but i know that wont happen as he gets offended whenever anyone mentions that they want to VOLUNTEER to help him.
>>
>>378922852
The various submenus are a tad too clunky for my taste, although I know this is probably the sort of thing I would get used to by playing enough. I'm just still at that point where I constantly have to keep a reference guide open to recall how to properly assign rooms and resource orders, yet I keep getting lost anyway.
And while I wish Toady would do something about that I also know he has an immense list of stuff he should fix before worrying about making the game UI more accessible for casuals like me.
>>
>>378923101

I got used to it after about 4 hours of playing. Could it be implemented? Absolutely, but the UI excuse is something i'll truly never understand
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.