[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /v/, I want to build a new PC to play my steam library on.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: pic not related.jpg (123KB, 1069x900px) Image search: [Google]
pic not related.jpg
123KB, 1069x900px
Okay /v/, I want to build a new PC to play my steam library on. The thing is I have been out of the loop for years on whats new and what not. What can I build with around a $1000? I already have a good monitor so that's out of the way.
>>
find a game with the highest recommended requirements and go from there.
>>
>>378913923
I want to future proof as well. The most demanding game I own in my library current is Witcher 3 I think and it doesn't run very well on my old pc
>>
>>378914126
that what 'go from there' means. and i didn't mean in your library, just in general. find a game that's known for having high requirements, just start adjusting upward until you hit your price limit
>>
>>378914267
i5 or i7?
>>
>>378914714
I'd say i7, but I don't know much on intel's CPUs. They are about to launch the i9 line iirc so maybe you should wait a while. But then again that would probably pop your $1000 cherry quite easily. I'm a poorfag so I'm waiting for AMD's vega which should at least compete with the 1070, a good starting point for upgrading and gaming at 1080/60 high setting for a bit, but not too long
>>
>>378913675
>What can I build with around a $1000
A god-tier trash pile.

If you really want a god machine you will need 2k just for the internals. Ignore mouse, KB and monitor.
>>
>>378915739
ignore this retard, OP
>>
Fuck intel. Ryzen is destroying intel's ass on a cheaper budget, and AMD has always been friendlier on OCing.

Go for a nvidia 1080 TI or a Titan XP too.
>>
>>378915826
>ryzen + nvidia
No john, you are the retards. There are compatibility bugs that fuck up those boards' performance on ryzen in newer releases, killing your framerate. It's not too widespread, but it still limits game enjoyability quite a lot so I'd say it's better to wait for AMD to fix its shit or release a GPU at least as powerful as the 1080. Might take a while but I'd rather wait than pay half a thousand dollars twice over
>>
>>378916376
What the fuck are you on about. There is no magic compatibility if you get an AMD GPU and CPU you retard, the compatibility relies on the CPU/Motherboard. The GPU all use PCI-E and rely on their drivers. If you read somewhere that AMD GPUs and CPUs are better than having an AMD GPU/CPU and another one from another brand then it was bait.
>>
>>378914126
You can't future proof with just a thousand dollars, your rig will at best have to replace the graphics card in 3-4 years from now in order to stay up, but that money will be more than enough to get something that maxes out at 1080p60 if you're aiming for that resolution and framerate.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NMP7JV
This should give you a good estimate of what kind of machine you'd get out of a budget of $1000USD (including s/h, tax) while also not skimping out on quality parts.
>>
>>378913675
That exact case in your pic.
6gb 1060
i5 6600k Skylake
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.