[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Come, sit, tell us some vanilla/tbc/noob stories Bonus points

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 424
Thread images: 105

File: 1488214328363.jpg (211KB, 416x380px) Image search: [Google]
1488214328363.jpg
211KB, 416x380px
Come, sit, tell us some vanilla/tbc/noob stories
Bonus points for any screenshots.
>>
>>378903151
I got a quick one
>be me
>level 30 horde rogue
>go to human starting area for low level pvp stealth shenanigans
>see a low level human and dwarf near hogger's spawn zone
>see them talking a bit (can't read common) and get closer to them in stealth
>one of them does a point emote to hogger
>while the other one is eating, stealth up the hogger and backstab him in one hit
>enjoy the respawn time you ally pricks
That was probably the best part of it. Killed some other NPCs as well, but nothing too much from it
>>
>>378903151
>Make Night Elf
>Scared as shit heading to Dolanaar
>Stay on road
>Start to see the town
>See a giant fucking tree walking towards me
>Turn around and start running away
>>
>early wotlk
>ride my stallion all the way to orgrimmar
>duel some horde, have some laughs, fun all around
>someone tries being funny and turns on his PvP
>I accidentally take the bait and hammer him to death after the duel
>get mauled by dindus for an hour before I make it away
It's like going to a party in the hood
>you're not like them
>you don't speak their language
>one bad move and you're swarmed by an angry collective
>>
>>378903151
>that run to stormwind as a night elf because dark shore sucks dicks
>crocolisk aggroing from another galaxy, horde gankers and these fucking orc mobs in dun algaz tunnel
>just to end up in redridge aka cancer central with designated shitpost chat and pvp autists

also a story
>have lvl 19 twink on tbc just for gulch
>gm contacts me about too many complaints on me and my group ruining gulch for fags that queue at lvl 14
>"Im not doing anything forbidden"
>gm makes my character level up
>>
>>378903151
>be me
>lvl 25 adventurer just finished subway
>go into totw, make it to guardian room
>some oldfag kills it and it drops a GTA
>he just gives it to me
Holy fucking shit I wore it all the way to level 125. AO is so much better than WoW. Thanks bro.
>>
>>378903151
exactly the OP picture

me and my bff made that run at lvl 10 and he afked while auto-walking once, so he woke up to be screaming that a crocolisk was killing him
>>
>>378904912
to me*
>>
File: 1345251693772.jpg (194KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1345251693772.jpg
194KB, 717x880px
>>378903723
>be me
>>
>>378905250
>be new
>don't know where meme came from
>see it on Reddit, therefore it came from Reddit first
>struggle to breathe because IQ is abysmally low
>>
>>378905430
>be new
>don't know where meme came from
>see it on 4chan, therefore it came from 4chan first
>struggle to breathe because IQ is abysmally low
>>
*Dispands your party*
>>
>>378905506
>parrot other people
Hmmm
>>
>>378905506
You seem new. Notice my new IP. That came from here about 10 years ago or a little more.
Shitpost harder, fag.
>>
>>378903151
I cant remember doing anything outright stupid when i played for the first time.
Probably because i already had some MMO experience in 2015 when i first played wow in Nostalrius
>>
>>378905250
>it's a redditor jumps the gun and calls someone else a redditor as a projection episode
So many reruns of this lately
>>
>Vanilla
>Bug happens on Realm
>No Horde NPCs available
>Alliance raids Orgrimmar beucase of it
>Realm gets shut down eventually
>>
>>378905660
>>378905692
>>378905787
That is actual reddit speak and you have to be pretty new to not be aware of it.
And even if it weren't, the original source of something doesn't determine its usage in the future. You don't still see people posting rageguy comics here, do you?
Fucking retard.
>>
>>378905810
>playing private servers
HAW!
>>
>>378903151
One thing that was really fun was making a level 19 twink warlock. While twink pvp was fun, the whole process of maximizing a low level character mixed in with the challenge of having an exp limit was really fun. What was really cool was my server had a pretty active twinking community, so you'd see twinks all the time in STV for the fishing contest. God, that was a lot of fun. Level 19 world pvp in a zone where almost anyone and anything can kill you. Good times.
>>
File: 1481910245602.jpg (29KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481910245602.jpg
29KB, 450x600px
>>378903151
>playing my level 40 Orc huntard in vanilla
>go to Westfall and tame a low-level Roc
>/pvp and eyes of the beast
>walk around slowly as my pet pretending to be a NPC
>tons of lowbie ally scum fall for it and get destroyed
>tfw i did this for like a month straight and always had people fall for it
Im sure im not the only one to do this, but i came up with the idea completely on my own and it's still a highlight of my WoW experience.
>>
I wish I'd been able to experience vanilla as a total noob in 2004 and not as a guide-reading monkey on private servers in 2010's. A guildie of mine, an actual vanilla veteran, told me some stories that still amaze me.

>going through BRD with the folks for the first times
>it's more of a real city that is extremely hard to navigate, than a dungeon
>exploring different areas and resupplying at tavern at times
>one group member says that towards the end, there's a portal to another, 40-man instance
>"haha dude, you must be joking"
>several hours later, after making their way to and defeating the 7 dwarves, someone notices notices that there is in fact a green portal beyond a lava bridge
>"see, I told you it was true!"
>everyone's too scared to proceed

>several days later, they assemble 40 people and make their way to the portal
>after entering, they immediatelly face a few biggest, scariest fire giants they've ever seen
>the raid is terribly disorganized, everyone's scared thinking they're fighting an actual raid boss and eventually everyone dies
>"THAT WAS EPIC"
>it was the first trash pack
>>
>>378903151
>Be Enhancement Shaman
>People keep asking me to heal that one instance in the first TBC zone
>"I'm not Resto"
>"It's ok anon we just need someone"
>Get tired of telling people not to stray too far from the totem that amplifies my healing, since that's the only thing keeping them alive.
>Line is eventually crossed, decide fuck it, never again
>Party asks me to heal, go through the usual "I'm enhance, not resto, it's cool anon" deal
>Take them up to last boss, tell them to go ahead, I'm right behind them
>They aggro
>Run like hell until I'm disengaged
>Astral Recall
>>
File: 2yYvI0g.jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2yYvI0g.jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
Coming from other linear games where other areas was technically breaking or out of bounds.
I thought jumping atop structures was a bannable/buggy/glitch offense.
>Jumping atop the statues in ruins of undercity, felt like i could be banned if i get on the top pillar.

Another was in my 20's, a hunter friend and me decided to run down to Tanaris, surprisingly dying little on the way. Once we got to Tanaris, i thought we were going to be banned because it wasnt our level range yet and we hearthed out...
>>
>>378905839
It's actually not, people have been starting green-text stories with "be me" since 2010. Ironically the best way to spot redditors was to look for all the retards complaining about it
>>
After years of doing world pvp, I still get the high from it. There's nothing like tracking down an enemy player to strike at the right moment and ensure your victory, perhaps even against a more powerful opponent or several of them. That's how the trill of the hunt must feel like.
>>
>>378906185
Same but I was Arms and people kept asking me to tank. Worked in Vanilla dungeons, not so much BC.
>>
>tfw someone kills the Crossroads Flight Master

Fuck you whoever did that.
>>
>>378906128
Back when there was still a sense of wonder and mystery, i miss it so much. As someone who plays literally every genre of games, from the most weeb to the most testosterone-infused Western FPS; I honestly think Vanilla WoW was the best game experience I've ever had.
>>
>>378906206
And people have been doing it on Reddit since before 2010.

Also
>namefagging
>calling anyone else reddit
lol
>>
File: 1329584659590.gif (371KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1329584659590.gif
371KB, 500x375px
>>378905932
>try playing on elysium
>it's just not the same

I mean it's kinda fun but my friends aren't there to enjoy it with
>>
>>378904176
horde was always the nigger faction but they never want to admit it
>>
>>378906473
I don't believe you, but considering you're an actual redditor I'll defer to your expertise. Namefagging has nothing to do with reddit, it's been done since the site was created, and i left it up by accident; it's from a different thread.
>>
>>378906194
It always makes me smile when I see just how many people still share that mindset in our day and age.
>decide to show Hyjal to some friends
>"we don't wanna get banned"
>join a city raid on stormwind and suggest that instead of going through the front gates and getting massacred we could enter the textures in burning steppes and ride straight into the mage tower texture hole
>"wtf I'm writing a ticket, you aren't going to get me banned"
>private server is shutting down, suddenly everyone goes to Hyjal to hang out
>ask "why" in world
>"well we won't get banned for that anymore, who cares!"
All while the rules clearly state that terrain exploration is allowed as long as it isn't used to attack players that can't fight back. People are so stupid. For me, exploring stuff is one of the best parts of the game. Even if its all been explored a decade ago, finding new routes of your own is always exciting.
>>
>>378906543
???
>>
I remember thinking I was the worst tank ever and I probably was but this one time in vanilla a few weeks before BC we started a run in Strath and this absolute newbie tank kept wiping everyone on the first few skeletons. Usually I'd be mad as fuck back then but the absolute ineptitude was so comical I just couldn't stop laughing.

I did shadow labs a hundred times for a specific item. I did it so much I knew every enemies pathing by heart. I was guiding peeps through every run, but this one asshole thought he was awesome and would rush everything before I could say shit. He rushed at that mind controlling ogre boss before we cleared the room around him and the game glitched him through the door behind the boss and pulled even more enemies his character just kept being run all throughout the instance while everyone else was dead probably the most funny shit I have ever seen in the game and the guy went offline instantly after that mammoth fuck up. A week later I saw in the patch notes they fixed a problem with that bosses mechanics and the door that led to that
>>
>>378906678
>but considering you're an actual redditor I'll defer to your expertise.
Project harder
>>
>>378906612
As someone who played both, I preferred Horde because people treated you well as long as you werent a giant pussy or a retard, and it actually felt like a brotherhood. Alliance always felt super smug, like liberal-arts students, and there were too many assholes and little kids.
>>
>>378903151

>create nelf
>need to get to Ironforge
>do the run
>narrowly avoid crocs and shit that spots me from a mile away

good times
>>
>>378906840
Ok dude, you're the one with all the facts on reddit, I've never even used the site before; I only know what redditors posting on 4chan looks like. Also congrats on literally saying "no u" as if anyone needed more proof of you being a underage meme-lord.
>>
>>378906206
>Ironically the best way to spot redditors was to look for all the retards complaining about it
No matter how much you say this, it'll never magically become true
If you want to say people complaining about reddit are worse than redditors, that's valid though
>>
>>378906458
The only part about good old days of vanilla that still stands true today, on pservers, is the feeling of community and large scale engagements. When you're a part of a massive army composed of several raids, riding across the plains of Azshara to strike the enemy Azuregos raid and destroy it to claim the loot for your main group, it still feels like the game is amazing and new. Being a part of something massive and great is absolutely magnificent.
>>
>>378903151
>entering STV for the first time
>some folks are born made to wave the flag
>>
File: The_Dark_Ages_of_Bretonnia.png (516KB, 766x795px) Image search: [Google]
The_Dark_Ages_of_Bretonnia.png
516KB, 766x795px
I remember getting lvl 60 and my epic paladin mount was a gigantic accomplishment for a 13 year old.

I rode from stormwind down to booty bay and up to ironforge and was just amazed at how quick it was.

Other highlights from 11 years ago

> lvl 20 ish on my paladin main, doing the quest for stitches where you go into the crypts in western duskwood
>A couple other alliance accidentally aggro the entire room and an elite
>jump into help, its too much for all of us
>I take aggro and tell them to run for it
>manage to kill a bunch in my glorious last stand but die anyway
>got thank you tells saying I acted like a true paladin
>wasn't an RP server

Chivalry is all, it is what we live for
>>
File: 12714440052.png (93KB, 216x216px) Image search: [Google]
12714440052.png
93KB, 216x216px
>>378903151
I ruined my mom's character when I was really young and was somehow allowed to play WoW. I had my own character too, I just didn't like playing it because in my mind "well my mom's character is max level so I can do the raids and I'll have more fun then!" but I had no idea what Item Level/Tiers were and my mom's char still had like, green "just finished leveling" gear. So no matter where I went I was always turned down because I wasn't geared up enough. My young autistic mind didn't understand why I was being turned down left and right (even after being told multiple times that my gear was shit), and this got to the point where in the single biggest mistake I could've ever done, I disbanded her from the family's Guild because they refused to put me in a Kara raid they were doing (with max players by the way) and I had an autistic shitfit. It was around this time too that mom started quitting WoW too, so now not only did I ruin her character, I ruined her will to touch WoW ever again. If there was ever a lesson to be learned, it's to respect other's property as you'd respect your own, not with reckless disabandon. If you ever had to put up with my shit on the Medivh US server, I am so sorry. Oh god, am I sorry.
>>
File: L3TVGYR.jpg (217KB, 2041x391px) Image search: [Google]
L3TVGYR.jpg
217KB, 2041x391px
>>378906194
Another i just remembered.
Was still in my 20's on a druid and this level 30 or so warrior who could barely speak English told me to follow him.
>Was sitting in Orgrimmar, went OUTSIDE to the zepplins and went to STV to fight raptors, he died and left group.

I guess he wanted me to be his pocket healer.
>>
>I am a low level rogue
>most low level characters don't stand a chance against a higher level ganker, at least not alone
>but if I manage to sneak up on a higher level guy, my stuns and incapacitates are as good as any
>save countless people from gankers by buying them enough time to escape and then escaping myself, or sometimes even taking down the ganker together with them
>I am but a small, feeble rogue, yet I do feel like a real hero
>>
>>378906383

I used to tank most trash mobs in vanilla & BC dungeons as a fury warrior in berserker stance, and for bosses or tougher pulls I'd put on some relatively tanky gear + shield and it would work fine. That didn't really work when it came to heroic dungeons in BC since they hit so hard though, and then sadly that wasn't really practical at all in wrath and beyond, but it definitely did work.

It was actually super fun and most people didn't have a problem with it. I remember one of the funnest things was when a ranged dps would draw aggro from a melee mob, so then I'd hamstring it and beat the shit out of it while it walked over to the dps and then I'd taunt it back if it didn't aggro back onto me in time.
>>
>>378906206

Yes, that only started happening because of redditors.
>>
>>378903151
Thread brought back some feels. Played with some IRL friends, was back in 2004. Completely lost contact with them. Such is life.
>>
There's nothing as soul-crushing as whispering old, old friends you still have contact with to go and try out that new promising vanilla private server, only to find out that they have completely moved on with their lives.
>>
and by whispering I obviously mean contacting them through skype or other means
fuck
wow got the better of me
>>
>>378908682
i'll play servers with you, friend
>>
File: CgxbKnIWMAAHe-M8.jpg (883KB, 906x1367px) Image search: [Google]
CgxbKnIWMAAHe-M8.jpg
883KB, 906x1367px
rly maeks u tink
>>
>>378908796
replace soon with now and thats correct
>>
>start playing near the end of BC
>druid healer fuck yeah
>first raid end up doing ZA
>get my first epic, a staff
>socket STR and AGI cuz socket bonus

A week went by before anyone corrected me
>>
>be total noob
>back in TBC
>I like to troll trade chat requests. For instance
>some guy wanted his weapon enchanted
>no idea what enchanting was but I whispered him that I could do it
>he meets me and trades
>I say that I need to get mats first
>I go to the reagent vendor and pretend i'm buying random shit
>I tell him that I can't enchant his weapon without a special bind he has to do on his end
>he's confused as hell so he starts asking trade chat what to do
>everyone is giving him logical answers, but since it goes against what I told him
>Giving him step by step instructions of how to enchant
>he keeps asking away like he's missing the point
>eventually someone tells him step by step to turn off his computer, put it back in the box, and throw it away.
>Lmao.
>>
>friend and I are leveling up a warrior (me) and paladin
>we both have mining as our secondary prof
>we're only about 73/74
>leveling up mining in Nagrand because we didn't do it while leveling up, so now we're playing catch-up
>see a lvl 80 warlock mining as well
>she flew into a cave we were about to hit
>I say "FUCK THAT, THAT'S MY ORE" and run in after her
>she's about halfway through mining it when I charge her, interrupting her mining
>Slap her with shockwave, stunning her just long enough to steal the ore from her
>knew she was pissed off at this point and I wasn't going to be able to outrun her
>Start attacking her, slowly draining her health, but she is taking me down pretty quick
>Suddenly, a glorious light shines upon me, and all damage she does to me is negated
>My palabro has run in and popped a bubble and a quick few heals on me, and we both start taking her down
>between the two of us, we can keep interrupting her casts and stun her every once in a while
>eventually wearing her down, and she starts to flee, but as she gets some distance I charge her again, and we finally finish her off, as two low level 70s vs an 80 player
>figured she must not have been geared, but still, was a glorious moment
>>
>>378903151
This was my first route on my first character. A dwarf paladin named henroid. 2004. I was 13. The memoriesssss
>>
>>378904176
orgrimmar/durotar are horde controlled areas where your pvp automatically gets turned on when you enter if you are alliance
>>
File: my whole life pretty much.jpg (118KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
my whole life pretty much.jpg
118KB, 500x500px
the tale of me and the Fiery Warhorse's reins
>start in TBC
>pissed around making lots of alts before finally settling down with one main character
>happens to be a Orc warrior and I love it
>hit level 70 around Sunwell time
>start progressing through heroics and such
>I end up getting into a Karazhan pug
>the mount drops from Attumen the huntsman
>totally up for grabs because it's a pug run, so group loot is on
>me and paladin both roll 99 and they win it
>forever scorn Blizzard because of this; it completely throws me off the game and I take a break
>Wrath launches and I decide to resub
>nobody is running Kara for anything; most people do mount runs for Zul'Gurub and such
>Cataclysm hits and I learn that 85s are OP as shit and can solo Karazhan; or at the very least the first boss
>around this time, 2 friends start playing and another TBC friend resubs
>over the course of the next 2 years, all of them end up getting the mount
>the two new players collectively have run the first boss 6 times; they've never even completed it
>meanwhile I have about 5 characters parked outside Karazhan ready for each reset
>run it so many times I'm exalted with the Violet eye on all of them
>this continues through Mists and warlords; adding even more characters to the every growing mount farm
>finally got the mount 2 weeks ago
>totally empty inside and I can't be bothered to play anymore
>>
>>378904460
>gm makes my character level up

As someone who had a twink at lvl 19 aswell, you better believe I am fucking mad
>>
>>378903151
>2005
>old RO private server got wiped because fuckers wanted to exploit acid bottles
>some of my friends were playing wow
>decide to try it out
>roll a NE rogue and name her Yuufa
>questing in redridge mountains someone sends me a tell "should have made a priest"
>explain my lack of desire to heal
>start talking about RO
>mention I came from AndzRO
>he did too
>ask what guild he was in
>divinity
>so he's not bullshitting me
>tell him which guild I was in and who I played as
>he knew me from previous war of emperium rounds
>spent a long time chatting about drama and guild politics from the old server
>we played together for several weeks but he suddenly just up and quit one day
Small world.
>>
File: 158.png (15KB, 447x378px) Image search: [Google]
158.png
15KB, 447x378px
>>378909685

Literally me and eye of ragnaros. I ended up getting shadowmourne first because its vaguely consistent.
>>
Anyone else loves to read old vanilla player blogs and feel the nostalgia? I used to read hogit.org very often, but then the domain expired, and it turned out only several pages out of ~80 got archived. Made me mighty sad.
>>
>>378910310
Thanks to WoW, I am started believing in Karma.
On my second hour of camping, I managed to get the Time lost proto drake.

I think because of that I was forever cursed with never getting a thing I was grinding for.
>>
>>378906976
>claims "no u" to be proof of underage meme-lord
>remember years and years ago when "no u" memes were huge on 4chan
>not underage meme-lord
>just meme-lord
>oh god why do I still come here and what have I done with my life apart from waste it?
>>
>>378910621

I swear on my deathbed if WoW is still vaguely playable I will still try, one last time, to get the eye and make myself sulfuras even if we still cant transmog it.
>>
>>378903151
>be me, level 34 night elf hunter on medium pop pve realm during early BC
>exploring in Hillsbrad after I finished with regional quests
>find two horde, a level 30ish and a level 26
>start trying to communicate with them because I hadn't seen too many forsaken characters before this point
>they don't respond in any sort of way, so I try to get in their faces
>end up blocking a mob and the level 26 attacks me accidentally
>I attack back and kill him, and then the other guy runs over after he is dead and spams insult emotes
>some other alliance guy apparently saw what was going on (they were killing mobs right off of the road)
>says he is reporting me for pvp baiting or whatever it is called, I tell him that it was an accident but he's obviously an asshole
>think I might get temp banned for this until I log on to WoW again
everyone took pvp way more seriously back then
>>
File: 1476990602857.jpg (212KB, 859x839px) Image search: [Google]
1476990602857.jpg
212KB, 859x839px
>>378909951
cont.
>join a small raiding guild that is pushing through ZG and trying to get into AQ10
>partnered with a few other guilds to help multiple groups along at once
>see a warrior that was a total beast
>looked fun as fuck and rolled a dwarf warrior of my own
>mother fucking whirlwind axe
>had a blast all the way to 60
>decide to get into pvp
>not half bad at it but far from the best
>alert in IF goes out that southshore is getting hit hard
>people start pouring in to defend it
>we push them back to tarren mill after about two hours of fighting
>see that same warrior out in the mix and decide to run along side him to help out
>a paladin, a couple mages, a priest, him and myself stick together and fight our asses off
>eventually the horde gives up and leaves
>highfives all around
>he salutes me before hearthing
>tfw getting acknowledged by your inspiration
>>
>>378906085
A lot of people did this tbf. I used to do it by taming and training the same wolf mob found in the human starting area. Would chase guys around the entire area and they would be clueless to why the aggro range didn't drop.
>>
>>378906085
I did something similar with my friend (this is me >>378909398)

>Me and palabro are 79
>we get the idea to go to the orc starting area and mess with noobs
>Palabro is an engineer, and can make bomb robot animals
>throw a rabbit on a path and hide in some nearby but not noticeable bushes
>level 2 troll walks by and stabs the rabbit, dying instantly
>now he's flagged so we camp him a little bit
>After he rezzes, I shoot him with a rifle and he dies like an animal in a bush
>Rezzes again and this time I charge him and kill him
>suddenly, lvl 80 horde swarm like wasps to our area
>we run but they catch us
>Friend uses the bubble on me and tells me to hearth out
>not sure how, but he made it out safe too
>>
>>378912636
I forgot the best part of the story. The level 2 troll's name was HairyManAss. I'll never forget him.
>>
>>378910790
You can now transmog the unlegendary version, same with Shadowmourne.
>>
>>378911258
>AQ10
lichbabby
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_102916_000838.jpg (265KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_102916_000838.jpg
265KB, 1366x768px
I had a lot of fun in rp guilds over time.
>>
File: babies2.jpg (48KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
babies2.jpg
48KB, 512x384px
Just some old screen shots I have
>>
File: wowowowow.jpg (191KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wowowowow.jpg
191KB, 1280x1024px
>>378913509
>>
File: babies1 (1).jpg (50KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
babies1 (1).jpg
50KB, 512x384px
>>378913618
>>
>>378913810
RIP Crackjack Tauren Warrior Whisperwind/Azjol-Nerub
;_;7
>>
File: wowrage.jpg (182KB, 936x702px) Image search: [Google]
wowrage.jpg
182KB, 936x702px
I loved bc

All I ever did was fish, cook and battlegrounds. The occasional pickup Karazhan run that never went past the Chess boss.

Think I got Justicar during Wotlk though. Quit after they made the work I put into getting that title worthless by increasing rep gain in battlegrounds for the complainers and insta gratification people
>>
>>378913932
In Legion there is a new pvp brawl system, which adds variants to existing battlegrounds.

The warsong one adds 3 flags to each room, the score limit is 10, and you don't need to control your flags in order to score.
Because you get 100 rep per flag,
people spam ran it to get warsong exalted
>>
>>378904817
The fucks an AO
>>
>lvl 39 warlock back in classic
>One level away from my sick, but more importantly, FREE mount
>Run out of quests in the swamp of sorrow, nowhere close that I have quests for
>Decide to farm elite fucking crocolisks on the shore because THEY'RE ELITES AND HARD SO MUST GIVE MORE XP
>Not only are they elites, they're showing up as skulls / red to me, SURELY MORE XP
>Hours of fear-bombing and voidwalker tanking ensues while I swim around the shore of a swamp fighting crocodiles
>I finally ding at 4am on a school night

I don't think I will ever feel that happy again.
The swamp earned it's name.
I wish I still had the screenshot of me riding around on that horse after dinging, I still have the image burned into my mind.
>>
Got to 60 on my gnome mage during spring break. Knew very little about the end game and just kinda did whatever. I was doing the whole "play til the middle of the night then wakeup at noon" thing. One night im doing a dungeon with 4 other random people. I remember doing at least BRD. I had no idea what the Onyxia attunement was, but a party member did and must have gotten the rest of us to join in.

So we're playing for hours going all over the world doing this quest, I recall at one point being in winterspring I think,and also doing an escort quest in BRD. Eventually we get to the climax of the quest line that has you following this guy you saved from BRD through Stormwind, and all of the NPCs were reacting to us. They'd be saying lines like "Holy shit is that...". And the world wasn't instanced back then, so all of the other players could see us making our way through and being addressed by the NPCs. To make it better, the guy wasn't running to his destination, he was walking, so my teammates and I were RP walking alongside him.

Eventually we get to the throne room, and we've got a band of inquisitive players that were curious what was going on.

So some dialogue occurs, the guy we saved reveals one of the king's advisors as actually being the daught of Deathwing, Onyxia, and all hell breaks lose. 20~ nearby guards turn into these powerful dragonkin, and we along with the remaining guards have to protect the king. Eventually the dragonkin fall, the town is momentarily saved, and we are basically now tasked with the duty of slaying Onyxia in her lair.

In the end I had met up with these 4 random dudes, started on one of the biggest quest chains in the game, then spent 8 hours with then to complete it, culminating in feeling like a total badass as we walked through stormwind.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (19KB, 227x240px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
19KB, 227x240px
>mid vanilla
>roll NE rogue because I was 14 and a fucking faggot
>doing SMC one day and I get a guild invite out of nowhere
>guild was called "Wicked Clown Mafia"
>was 14 at the time so I literally had no idea what the fuck juggalos or ICP even were, and they told me they had a tabard which was pretty uncommon at the time so why not
>join in
>/g is immediately flooded with "AYO WELCOME TO THE FAMILY CUZ" and similar acts of wiggertry
>later that day
>guild's been talking about various flavors of faygo for three fucking hours
>their tabard was pic related, I only know this because they bought me one and the GM made a twenty minute trip just to give it to me to welcome me to the family
>this shit was well over a decade ago now but I can picture that fucking tabard in my mind and recreated it on some tabard website right now
>they were asking me about my RL address so they could see if one of them would take me out to "the gathering" before I freaked out and /gquit
>had to delete my character because they started mass whispering me about why I left the family
>>
I made my enhancement shammy guild leader quit the game because he was a dedicated only pvper in early wrath. I was playing a protein warrior before block value got nerfed and he dueled me and lost. Said hold on you won't win with my CDs. He pops wolves, pops lust, and then gets shield slams critter for like 25k. Rage quits and I never saw him on ever again. The shitter made his rank in that shitty guild "kaos Lord" and his ONLINE gf was "kaos queen". What an actual faggot.
>>
File: rdm.jpg (213KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
rdm.jpg
213KB, 800x600px
this is my only screenshot i have left from classic wow

but i think it's probably the one screenshot i would have chosen if i could have chosen any of them.
>>
>>378914768
>spending all that time going to westfall as a horde rogue just to get a defias mask

My brother
>>
>paladin lfg
>other paladin goes lfm deadmines
>/w him can I join
>well can I
>answers what do you think I am
>a horse
>noob
>>
>>378914768
>name isn't razael
fucking missed opportunity
>>
>playing resto druid in vanilla
>people think every warrior = tank
>let warrior charge in
>they try building agro
>first heal on them entire mob pack is now on me
>I'm the tank now
>spamming heals on myself
>nobody can get them off of me
>people die just because I don't have time to heal myself, and them outside of my single instant cast HoT
>rez plz

Fuck all of you idiots who thought an arms warrior with a fucking 2-hander was a tank.
>>
>>378914768
good going brother, if my first rogue was horde (which I would only open a undead because everything else suck ass except trolls) I would have done the same as you did.

I think I kept wearing my defias mask until 68 something.
>>
>>378914768
I miss when melee classes could use ranged weapons. I don't miss huntards rolling on melee shit though. They can go fuck themselves.
>>
File: 1429733162839.jpg (488KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1429733162839.jpg
488KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>378906185
I healed every instance and MC and BWL as a shadow priest and no one ever knew.
>>
>>378914768
Pretty sure i saved this picture before.... and i cant find it again.
>>
File: 1473571790163.jpg (32KB, 545x362px) Image search: [Google]
1473571790163.jpg
32KB, 545x362px
>>378914472

>remember feeling so cool once I got my first tabard
>it cost an entire gold, a true treasure
>>
File: peon.gif (16KB, 166x161px) Image search: [Google]
peon.gif
16KB, 166x161px
>We all have that one mob that destroyed us so hard we had to go back and kill it at a higher level

What was his name /v/?
>>
File: HUH.jpg (79KB, 453x634px) Image search: [Google]
HUH.jpg
79KB, 453x634px
>>378917354
The one and only.
>>
>hit level 40
>MOUNT TIME
>how to make money?
>crafting skills are mining and engineering
>I know! I'll mine up ore, turn them into bombs, and vend them!
>spend days mining iron in Arathi Highlands, turning it into bombs, and vending it
>finally get my level 40 mount
>ride that fucker like a boss
>get congratulations as I ride it around

For those of you wondering why I didn't just Auction House the Iron, it's because this was still really early in Vanilla. A stack of Iron Bars AH'ed for maybe 20s, meanwhile I could vend the Iron Bombs for 1.5g.
>>
>>378917354

For some awful fucking reason I did alterac valley for hours and hours at lvl 51-53.

All the NPC's could kick the absolute shit out of me. I eventually got my revenge.
>>
>>378916326
>people usually complain that such a beautiful zone didn't have damn near enough stuff to do in it
>they didn't spend countless hours contesting azuregos
>>
>>378917129
I remember when making one was so expensive that only established guilds had them. Like "<guild> LFM have tabard" was a legitimate selling point because they were an actual status symbol in vanilla. It's fucking crazy.
>>
File: 1491781902262.jpg (47KB, 470x334px) Image search: [Google]
1491781902262.jpg
47KB, 470x334px
>>378903723
>>
>>378906976
I'm on reddit a hell of a lot more than here and NO ONE says >be me, It makes zero sense formatting wise.

On a side note, isn't making new lines a magical thing.

Anywho, The only thing I remember about vanilla WoW is getting dunked by defiace bastards when I was a real low level. Due to the lack of flying mounts, bubble hearth made me damn near invincible
>>
>>378914472
>>had to delete my character because they started mass whispering me about why I left the family
fucking clown people. such freaks.
>>
File: 1487603480711.gif (944KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1487603480711.gif
944KB, 500x500px
>>378903151
Why can't we just go back. Those were simpler days.

More importantly why is every fucking new release MMO out there a fucking GARBAGE SHITPILE OF ASS.

The pain wouldn't be so bad if there was any replacement or something that came close.
>>
>>378903151
>me (paly) and bro roommate (warrior) play on tich
>i farmed a week straight and got mats for arcanite reaper and lionheart helm
>i give it to bro roommate
>horde ganking in stv
>fight 7 60 horde with just us 2
>kill every single one of them
>felt really good but wished someone saw it
>stealth 40 rogue watched the whole thing
>fast forward to BC and arenas
>have a 3s team, me bro roommate and a random
>hit gladiator rank
>find out 3rd player was the 40 stealth rogue
>we are still good friends
>>
File: sweet release.png (65KB, 285x276px) Image search: [Google]
sweet release.png
65KB, 285x276px
>can't go back
>>
File: kruulcomes.jpg (236KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
kruulcomes.jpg
236KB, 1024x768px
KRUUL COMES FOR A HUG.
>>
>>378918406
lmao awesome
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (99KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
99KB, 1920x1080px
>>378918406
>tfw you destroy a higher level opponent all by yourself
>a random level 60 rides up close and congratulates you
>>
File: 1485056060547.jpg (8KB, 293x287px) Image search: [Google]
1485056060547.jpg
8KB, 293x287px
>>378914768
>all those spells at 19
>thistle tea
>ranged weapons
>>
>>378917950
>I'm on reddit a hell of a lot more than here
Stay there and never come back.
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (145KB, 1276x540px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
145KB, 1276x540px
>>378918614
>being excited about every single level up because you always got upgrades at odd levels and new spells at evens
>going back to the city every level to buy your new spells and feeling like a fucking champ
>classes having unique consumables or items and class quests to unlock them
>warlocks literally got to make a coven and sacrifice another player on an altar to get their epic mount

It was all so fucking good.
>>
>>378918180
Google Elysium
>>
>>378919426
Yeah, and then stay out of there. Elysium is absolute trash.
>>
>>378919593
>opinions
>>
File: 374334734637443.jpg (21KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
374334734637443.jpg
21KB, 500x359px
>>378903151
>that first time you walked into a kara raid as a kid
I was so proud of finishing that spellfire thread
>>
pretended to be a 15 year old girl, I had cyber-sex multiple times for at least a year. then, he found out that i was cheating on him and having cyber sex with multiple men online. (keep in mind i was 7)
>>
>>378920148
>make female character
>people assume I'm a girl in real life
>get showered with free shit, just for having a female character
>never really talk or chat or anything
>never tell anyone I'm a dude, though

I sucked at the game, but I still got into one of the best raiding guilds on the server, just because I had a female character. I didn't even fucking chat or anything, so my server must have just had a ton of thirsty betas on it, or something.
>>
>playing TBC
>during SSC raiding
>some guy randomly quits the guild I'm in
>one week later he gives the entire server the link to a porn vid, starring our guildie warlock
>disgusting roastie with fucked up teeth
>we know it's her because of her terrible fucking accent, some Slav shit
>she quits the guild
>threatens to sue everyone on the server that watched her vid
>quits the game

I think she might have quit life too. One of the most shameful faps of my life
>>
File: 1478644668187.png (270KB, 400x473px) Image search: [Google]
1478644668187.png
270KB, 400x473px
>be wotlk
>undead deathknights could spec into becoming a ghoul after death
>bug where if you right clicked the buff you would die and come back to life as the deathknight full health
>literally immortal
>go on a rampage through hellfire and kill everyone
>die over and over but come back to life each time
>eventually find a tauren doing the same thing
>we fight for about half an hour refusing to give in
>both die countless times
>fight takes us all over the fucking place, almost circled the zone
>eventually stop
>he bows to me
>I bow to him
>we go our separate ways
Eventually ended up dying in Thrallmar because I took so much damage I couldn't turn off the ghoul form before it ran out of health. Was fucking amazing though, took out a shitload of people and NPC's over the few minutes I was in there cause this was back when unholy deathknights did shitloads of disease damage.

Got banned from the beta after that kek
>>
File: 12423134535.jpg (308KB, 1011x1082px) Image search: [Google]
12423134535.jpg
308KB, 1011x1082px
The stonemasons deserved NO pay for this shoddy work.
>>
>>378905839
Who the fuck cares. Just kill yourself, virgin
>>
>>378920710
Should have just macro'd /cancelaura into every single one of your skills. That way you don't have to right click the ghoul form.
>>
>>378909398
I used to troll astranaar as a level 40 warrior with my level 40 rogue friend. We caused so much shit eventually a level 60 would always come down and attack us. we kicked his ass something fierce using stuns and disarms. this was back in vanilla. One time I killed a whole group of alliance raiding camp t. there was atleast 6 or 7 of them, level 30-55 I killed them all single handedly as a warrior. I was shocked. It was glorious.
>>
>>378918457
>tfw an orc hunter would kite fel reaver to HH every single night, turning the entire town into a warzone
That shit was my eternal hell throughout BC.
>>
>>378918457
>tfw what we used to do for fun gets you banned now
Pisses me off so much. Couldn't even enjoy the wrath even because of all the faggots complaining about interrupting their bullshit autistic habits
>>
>>378922247
The fucking zombie event got ended a week early because of this shit and I will never not be mad about it. Fucking faggots were too asspained about not being able to use their bank alts or walk into SW without getting killed. It was the best goddamned pre-launch in the game and those cryasses ruined it. They just couldn't log in and have fun with it.
>>
File: dontfailmenowspacebar.jpg (53KB, 772x434px) Image search: [Google]
dontfailmenowspacebar.jpg
53KB, 772x434px
Filename
>>
>>378922450
didnt they also have a city reserved for no events? I thought it was UD for the horde but no idea alliance
>>
File: Good luck with that.jpg (183KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Good luck with that.jpg
183KB, 1280x1024px
>>378903151
>>
>>378922107
>kite all the elite 5 packs from the gate to HH on the regular once I learned I could
>I was Alliance

I made a lot of friends and enemies from that.
>>
File: 1358540995126.jpg (267KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1358540995126.jpg
267KB, 1920x1080px
For Lordaeron.

Do you remember your fave quest(line?)
>>
>>378922807
We have a lot of cities no one goes to if that's what you mean. No one gave a shit about any city that wasn't IF/SW really - Darn was basically empty and Exo was literally empty.
>>
Played when wotlk came out for bit and had a great time but didn't stick with it unfortunately. I moved from pc to ps and I've had the hooe that blizzard might one day port it over like ff online. They could re release the expacs seperate over a couple years. Man that'd be something
>>
File: rich evans.png (76KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
rich evans.png
76KB, 200x200px
>good idea for a thread
>WoW only
>>
>>378903151
>TBC
>played solely a ret paladin
>if I ever got lucky and taken to a raid my dps would be abysmal despite following guides and farming those fucking mana runes from Felwood >would lose duels to keyboard turners with no keybindings if they were warlocks or hunters that knew how to press two buttons
>tell them ret is gimped, they don't believe me, laughing stock at one point, but still hash it out and practice a lot, usually top various charts in bg's
>WotLK pre-patch comes out
>beat every single cunt outside orgrimmar with ease (used to be a belf paladin)
>solo 2v2 arenas by myself
>they weren't laughing anymore

It was the most glorious feeling ever, felt so well deserved too. My TBC experience was shit though, apart from that I also levelled a warrior to 70 as fucking ARMS. I must have been a masochist
>>
File: gnj.jpg (2KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
gnj.jpg
2KB, 64x64px
>There are those who couldnt clearly see WoW icons

This one has hair. It's not a shadow.
>>
>>378914461
Damn that brings back some nostalgia. I miss the freedom I had in my life back then. Now it's full of responsibility and bills.
>>
>>378923385
>WoW only

Probably because:

1) Vanilla WoW was a special experience for a lot of people so there would be plenty of stories to share.

2) If it wasn't specific to WoW then it would probably be too broad of a topic and most of the thread would be uninteresting to most people.

You could just make your own thread about whatever else you want to talk about instead of bitching here.

Faggot.
>>
>>378924149
there was hair on one of the early models but they were too lazy to replace the icon after they got rid of it.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2014-04-04-03h51m45s233.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2014-04-04-03h51m45s233.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>16yo me
>Just before WOTLK launch
>Rolling a gnome rogue because "muh edgy"
>Started playing because of my friends
>Ended up leveling up alone because all of those fuckers were HL
>Hit lvl 20
>Time to go to Stormwind for a quest
>Tried to go there on foot
>Got stomped by level ?? raptor in the Badlands
>Talked about it with my friends the day after
>"You didn't take the subway?"

mfw when i learned about the subway
>>
File: yar.jpg (92KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
yar.jpg
92KB, 1024x768px
>Classic WoW, everyone is ~45
>Decide to live our lives as pirates on the high seas.
>Only boat we can get is the one from Ratchet to BB.
>Sing pirate songs, mind control horde and make them "walk the plank".
>Inevitably cause a massive shitstorm every time we do it.
>Stranglethron Vale rendered unusable for the next few hours due to all the murder happening.

Everything's so distilled down to numbers now, cut and dry and very direct. I realize it's partially the game, but it's also that I'm older now and don't have the same since of wonder I did when I was growing up.
>>
>>378905542
I feel like disbands were more rare in classic WoW, if you spent an hour traveling to the instance, you sure as hell wanted to make it count, so you had a little more tolerance for failure.
>>
File: nottransmog.jpg (69KB, 476x436px) Image search: [Google]
nottransmog.jpg
69KB, 476x436px
>>378906085
I used to dress up as a scarlet monastery mob and do that. Even patted around like a mob.

I bet Blizzard doesn't even let you get the scarlet tabard anymore seeing as the absolutely hate the fact their might've been a morally ambiguous faction in the game.
>>
>>378926163
Yes they do. It was only ever removed from the game for like a patch.
>>
>>378903151
anyone else remember the old weapon master system? I remember so many times that i would want to level a nightelf something and get swords/axe/etc. the fucking 1 hour walk to from darnassuss to ironforge then stormwind sucked yet looking back on it, those were some of the best years of my life.
>>
>>378926163
They added a pally talent that showed support to scarlets once, before it was removed immediately. "Evil is a point of view." Turn evil was useable on humanoids
>>
>>378906085
I used to turn on PVP on my rogue and go to low level horde areas and just fuck with them. Not even kill them, but just shit like throw distracts around to forcibly make their characters turn around or follow them around and sap them while they'd try to pop a hearth or eat. I used to do that for hours til they'd eventually get their guildies to try and find me.
>>
My experience with classic, I was probably 16 at the time:

>Wake up Saturday morning, it's dungeon time.
>Eat breakfast, hop in Ironforge chat at 10 AM.
>Calling out for people to do Blackrock Depths, find a DPS here, a healer there.
>People join and leave since we can't get a full group within 5 minutes of joining, this goes on until I've finally had enough people just wait until the group is full.
>Go to BRD, someone's AFK, after 15 minutes, kick them and go back and recruit again.
>Finally get a party of 5 there.
>Includes an arms warrior tank, a shadow priest healer, subtlety rogue, frost mage, and a beast master hunter.
>Pull trash groups one by one throughout the corridors, sheeping and CCing targets as we go.
>After an hour, we've cleared all the trash and are about to do the first boss.
>Wipe to the first boss because someone aggros another pack and no one has any composure to handle the situation.
>Kill the first boss, it drops a green wand.
>Wander around unsure where to go, get trapped half of our party in the arena with the rogue locked out.
>Finish that anyway.
>Lost in the bar, someone aggros the patrons.
>Cannot figure out where to go.
>Wander around aimlessly and die several times just trying to orient ourselves.
>Eventually stumble upon an area with higher level enemies.
>Rogue and warrior just leave.
>We three man as much of the dungeon as we can, but it's clear we need more levels to do this.
>Disband party at 9 PM after playing for almost 8 hours in one dungeon.
>Make two great friends from the ordeal.

That was the best part about classic WoW, everything was a discovery, and experiencing it with others really brought people together. Sure things like dungeon finder make it quick to do content, but you lose the magic along the way.
>>
>>378923137
Pre cata I don't remember anyone caring about SW most of the alliance assumed IF was the capital and it was the hardest city for the horde to raid. On my server early on the game nearly crashed when it did happen.
>>
Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord, /v7?
>>
Is there a neat private server for vanilla WoW that doesn't lag to shit from the US?

I never got to experience Vanilla but I really wanna.
>>
>>378927078
Fjord I guess since Borean Tundra is pretty much the worst zone in the game.
>>
>>378927062
SW had a decent population just because it was the human capital and had the tram to IF. Blizzard's been pushing SW as the de facto capital for the Alliance ever since though; a lot of services like transmog or portals to current content just aren't in other cities. IF and SW have done a complete 180 now; SW's packed constantly and IF is a ghost town. I miss IF being the city everyone went to honestly, it was always more comfy.

IF was pretty damn hard to attack though, which is probably why we liked it so much.
>>
>>378927078
I think I'm the only person who prefers Borean for bot have sides. I hate fjord because it's a hassle to get anywhere without flying mounts.
>>
>>378927205
Elysium is ok. The experience will never be the same, though.

The playerbase is much more experienced, therefore the game feels different. The players make the difference.
>>
>>378927062
IF was the big hub for Alliance in classic because it was both the center of most content (Easier to access from IF than SW due to proximity) and the more compact nature of IF made it quicker to navigate. SW was still popular just because a lot of the population were humans who liked SW for lore reasons. Likewise, Darnassus was just really far out of the way, sitting on the far end of a continent that had very little content on its northern half and you couldn't even use a flightpath from there for a while, having to take the boat. I guess it was sort of like Thunder Bluff, where you could hang around as your hometown, but it meant you had to travel more to go places.
>>
>>378927418
That, and it feels like everything's better logged and datamined now. Back in classic, a lot of places like Thottbot existed but were incomplete.
>>
>Vanilla WoW
>Me and friends leveling in Feralas
>Horde starting to really get active, gank squad roaming about.
>We're waiting for the boat so we can get back to the NE stronghold.
>UD Mage on a raptor shows up at the edge of our vision, just waiting.
>Boat's still not here.
>Tauren shows up, followed by two more undead.
>They engage us, we're trying to fight them off with our paladin, rogue, druid, and warrior group.
>Take down the mage with a Seal of Command double crit, have to pop bubble because almost dead
>Druid hopping out of bearform to pop barkskin and tranquility
>Fight keeps going on, we're getting graveyard zerged but we're taking them down because lol no healer.
>Ship arrives, hop on while still fighting, wind up coming out victorious.

It was like the making of a Warcraft 3 map or something.
>>
>>378927538
This is very true. People just don't want the magic of discovering a new world anymore.
>>
What was the comfiest class area and why was it the Slaughtered Lamb in Stormwind?
>>
>>378914345
Autism Online
>>
>>378928031
That's not how you spell Fray Island.
>>
File: t5-warlock-corruptor1.jpg (33KB, 280x440px) Image search: [Google]
t5-warlock-corruptor1.jpg
33KB, 280x440px
how i met some of my best friends during tbc.

so I'm a lvl 70 undead lock, on kil'jaden i think, either that or sargeras. i'm decked out what ever season arena gear this set was available (picrealte). I'm bored as fucking ganking around in stv when i come across a pretty fucking skilled undead rogue doing the same thing as me. We start working together and soon piss off enough people that lvl 70 alliance come to deal with us. The two of us were heavily outnumbered, so we off course got beaten, but locks and rogues at the time were overpowered and he was really fucking good, so we give them the good fight. That undead rogue had a second account with an alliance character on that server. He starts talking to the alliance guys that were killing us and they actually were really cool people. They invite both of us to their guild vent and we just start doing chatting on vent. Fast forward a couple of hours and we're all shitfaced. We end up playing hide and go seek in booty bay. Something so simple became such a fond memory because of how much we all bonded.

Ended up spending the entire expansion hanging out on their vent, and doing random shit with them. We even got so close that we all shared accounts with each other so that way other people could play another decked out class that may be on the opposite faction. We all would help each other out despite being opposite faction. I remember I was grinding on the elemental plateau in nagrand, and it was busy as shit. There were so many fellow horde farming that I asked the fellow allies to come gank them till the horde left. Those horde guys got so pissed off at me once they figured out I was friends with the allies.

I remember one time they got their guild and I got my guild to both sign up for AV at the same time. We spent like several hours trying to get our two premades into the same instance. Once it finally happened we just proceeded to dick around and not even try for the objectives.

cont.
>>
File: be.jpg (142KB, 723x866px) Image search: [Google]
be.jpg
142KB, 723x866px
>>378903151

>tfw thinking of resubbing to play DK in Legion
>>
File: lock_raid_4-6.png (239KB, 590x337px) Image search: [Google]
lock_raid_4-6.png
239KB, 590x337px
>>378928183

cont.

There was another time were i logged on their vent and listened in on them making plans that they had to sneak into org from the side entrance and kill thrall. So naturally i gathered people from my guild and tradechat, we managed to surpise them at the bridge and slaughter them. They were pretty pissed about that, but in time it just became something to laugh about.

Somehow in early wotlk, my guild and their guild just kind of faded off and we all lost touch. I still miss those days. No vidya has ever been able to give me as much joy in my life as those days did.
>>
>>378928237
I fell for the resub meme. Played 2 hours and got bored because nocontent or fun. Save 15 bucks and buy something good instead
>>
>>378927973
It's less that, and more that people simply have an insatiable need to climb to the top above their peers, and places like WoWhead make it easier to do so. There was sort of a childish ignorance in the population at one point, it didn't matter if you were young or old, you just kind of hopped on the game and dicked around outside of the biggest raid groups. It was seen as ok to never make it to some content because it was too difficult, and there were a lot of other things you could still do anyway.

Finishing a dungeon back then was an achievement in itself, the gear was kind of cool but not really necessary since the very low item levels meant everything was pretty close together from one tier to another, unless you were jumping multiple tiers. I think it was said only 20% of the vanilla population had ever stepped foot into Molten Core and done any sort of raiding, and an even smaller fraction had progressed beyond that. And all of that was ok, because people would look at the game like a journey for their character and not simply distill everything down to see where the next BiS item is.
>>
File: 1415075313025.jpg (57KB, 608x402px) Image search: [Google]
1415075313025.jpg
57KB, 608x402px
>Enjoy AV
>Eventually devolves into a massive zerg to the commander room with towers along the way.
>Decide I'm not doing that shit, I'm going to claim the mines because they give reinforcement points.
>Become the master of the mines in every AV, single handedly dueling people to drive them away from the Coldtooth mine (No one ever bothered the alliance mine, so it was always taken or neutral).
>Win a few matches in a battle of attrition because we've got more reinforcements than the horde did.

Felt good to actually have a direct hand in the outcome of a few AVs.
>>
>>378928835
I hate what AV has become.
It's just Rush to endboss
No more collecting blood, no more summoning wolves or airstrikes or buffing General's Warcry
It's just. Not fun.

I'm still waiting for people to program Private Server bots to do that. The best I've seen is WSG but even then the bots are dumb.
>>
>>378929306
AV should've never become what it did. If Blizzard wanted to do that, they should've cooked up another battleground from the ground up so it wouldn't just be something slapped on top of an existing battleground that didn't really work very well at that sort of thing and devolved into what we got.

If I had it my way, the AV we had would've eventually evolved into something akin to a very long duration world PvP zone with better defined objectives to accomplish throughout. Keep things like upgrading the armor and weapons of your troops through scraps, building a shreader to use as a one-time tank, summoning an elemental, and the specific sub objectives of taking towers and graveyards, but make it so each of those goals take quite some time to do. People could drop in and drop out of AV as things go, and they'd get rewards based on what they managed to accomplish while there, be it supplying the troops or farming items from dead players on the enemy faction or whatever.
>>
File: vagina.png (9KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
vagina.png
9KB, 64x64px
>>378924149
Is this a warcraft/wow icon identification thread now?

The silence icon always looked like a vag to me
>>
>>378903151
>Level 40 or so mage during TBC
>On the bridge connecting Loch Modan and Arathi
>See two Undead Priests dicking around and laughing at each other before they see me
>Next thing I know I'm moving on my own and jump off the bridge into the water
>Was a dumb kid so I didn't have a hearth stone or any teleport runes in my bag
>Swam around the continent for hours until I could find a way up to a nearby town.
PvP servers are shit, but they taught me who to avoid at all costs
>>
>>378929714
That's what it originally was. I remember I'd wake up, get into AV, do all of that stuff for a few hours before school, go to school, come back, get back in, and it'd be the same AV. AV battles lasted a week at least. And it was some of the most fun I'd had in the game outside of the Southshore/Tarren Mill world PvP right after the honor system was put in, but before the BGs were put in.
>>
>>378929751
fuck i just realized thats a mouth being covered. I thought it was a tulip flower or something.
>>
>>378929751
damn always thought it was a bone
>>
>>378928346
when is that shit going f2p
>inb4 tokens
I dont have 100k for that
>>
>Play with my bro back in end of vanilla, total noobs
>Go to shimmering flats
>See Nelf hunter there running around, let's kill him
>We almost kill him when suddenly he dies middle of fight
>But we could hit his body, thought that it was a bug
>Suddenly Nelf just wakes up and starts running with AoC on
>We didn't catch him
Later we found out that there was this skill called Feign Death
>>
If you had to choose one thing that "ruined" WoW for you what would it be? Dungeon Finder? Simply growing up?
>>
>>378931209
a factor of things over time.
>>
>>378931209
Guild leader who held the guild together despite one half barely tolerating the other half dying of cancer
>>
>>378931209
A lot of it plays a part of why I haven't played wow in a long time. But it's mostly because I'm running out of time to just give up on an MMO. Work and life finally caught up to me after 11 years.
>>
>>378931209
The thing that finally made me quit WoW after playing it since early Vanilla was

>Additional instances cannot be launched at this time. Please try again later.

in Wrath. That was really the straw that broke the camel's back for me, and I haven't been back since.
>>
>>378931209
What ruined WoW for me was my friends quitting, for various reasons. I was able to have fun up to MoP but after that everyone stopped playing, and I just got bored of playing alone. I could've joined a social guild, sure, but nothing matched playing with RL friends on skype/vent/discord/whatever.
>>
WoW was the worst thing to ever happen to the MMO genre.
>>
>>378931209

I got bored of WoW within 8 hours because it was just a dumbed down version of EQ with less focus on the world, more focus on soloing, and all the chances and penalties for failure removed.

Just endless hand held quest grinding by yourself.

Sorry, that shit was boring in 1998. And the dungeons were all tiny instanced garbage dumps
>>
>>378931028
>duel lowbies near starting zone
>feign death after they hit me
>call them hackers
>they panic and cant understand what the fuck is happening
>>
Here's a BC story for you. I had never felt such vehement hate for a person in WoW before this.

>Raiding Sunwell
>at M'uru, the Guildbreaker
>we had wiped nigh upon 60 times over the weeks to this piece of shit
>we finally down it
>guild leader gives my loot to his gf, who was also a mage
>Anon, she meeds it more than you do
>guildmates defend me
Huge blowup after that where guild leader was caught taking money from guild funds for repairs to give to her too. So M'uru didn't kill the guild by not letting us through, but by starting shit. Fuck you M'uru.
>>
>>378922602
I once watched a priest fail to make this jump repeatedly for about 5 actual minutes. It didn't matter that we had thrown him the rope, he just kept trying. I wasn't even mad, it was just a sight to behold.
>>
>>378903151
>leveling my first character a dwarf hunter in loch modan in 2005
>meet some random paladin whos level 30 and clearly doesnt belong.
>he tells me hes going to farm whelps in wetlands and asks if i want to come
>say sure
>he bubbles us both and we jump off the dam landing safely in loch modan
>sure enough the whelps are at the bottom
>he says hes gonna get on his main
>comes over on a level 60 hunter opens trade with me gives me gold and a crimson whelpling
I had that whelpling for 11 years, i sold it last year for a pretty nice chunk of cash at the start of legion. I miss you umpalumpatar.
>>
>>378922602
>>378932712
>that little gap you had to jump just before the last nightelf boss in WC
>one person would always fuck it up and get lost trying to get back to the party
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (71KB, 896x560px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
71KB, 896x560px
>low level night elf
>Menethil Harbor is under attack message being spammed
>hadn't experienced PvP yet so wasn't sure what was happening
>go check it out
>huge raid, all the horde piled on a docked ship, alliance trying to hold them off from the town
>thought it was a scripted event at first, until I saw some of the player names
>started charging in trying to help
>died over and over
I think that was the moment that sold me on WoW, just wanted to level up and do world PvP afterwards
>>
>Playing Ally NE Rogue
>Go to UD starting area
>/pvp and unstealth as they look or attack a mob
>Constantly get people with it
>Proceed to /giggle, /wave and restealth
>Sap them straight for 5mins till they quit
>Or kill them over and over
>Or if my friend was with me he would MC them off cliffs
I did this for ages and used to have people hunting me down trying to find me, they never bother to look in the bottom of the lake where I used to hide.
>>
> be a lower level Gnome Warlock
> Leveling up still so I can get to raids
> Spent a ton of time fishing so had turtle mount
> Trying to quest in Western plague lands and max level horde shows up and starts to chase my ass down
> Run into nearby lake immediately (think it was one of the large ones in Eastern plague lands)
> Mount up on turtle, boost away with increased swim speed
> Escape and laugh
>>
>>378908796
WotLK was 9 years ago.
>>
File: 1458395446390.jpg (25KB, 468x423px) Image search: [Google]
1458395446390.jpg
25KB, 468x423px
>>378903151

>Newfag at world of warcraft
>can't decide what i should do, everyone i know plays on alliance
>test all the classes, can't settle on anything
>read up what class does what on the website
>turns out the best one for me was Shaman thanks to all the exploration spells, take up tauren for the stomp ability so healing is a breeze
>decide to go against my family and friends, we actually had fun beating each others in pvp and helping ourselves despite the faction split
>explore every nook and crannies, from locating the King of stormwind, looking at the bottom of deadmine while i was celebrating my level 40s and noticed i could use my spell there, to looking at all the dead bodies in the crypt of Kharazan and Hyjal
>despite being French, quickly learn how to make groups, and how to do stuff on my own
>tfw you will never relive the glorious days of Alteract valley 1.0, or the unintended plague, or people luring elites to major towns

If there's one thing i miss in mmorpg, it's all about being able to explore everything and making friends. These days they completely ruins those feeling by making everything accessible without moving more than one finger. I don't even think there's even one good mmorpg left.
>>
>>378931209

While i loved burning crusade, flying was the start of what ruined wow for me. For pvp, it's meant a way to go away from danger instead of going face on and having fun

After that, it's the dungeon finder and the cross-realm killing any chance of having friends unless you stick to roleplaying servers
>>
File: 1UgyoEi.png (13KB, 387x429px) Image search: [Google]
1UgyoEi.png
13KB, 387x429px
>>378903151
Quick two for you
>BC
>playing a level like 35, 40ish paladin
>see skull level mage farming mats
>keep an eye out, assume he's going to gank me
>notice he's actually really low on health
>he sits down to eat some bread or some shit
>I hammer of wraith, it crits him for 3k and he dies
>immediately bubblehearth back to Goldshire because I just know he's going to try to eat me

And my second, which can be summed up in three lines
>get hit by a level 70 mage's frostbolt on that same paladin
>I get one-shot because it crits me like an absolute fucking monster
>eye for an eye procs, crits, and kills him too

BC and WoTLK were my jams
>>
File: 1482272124758.jpg (55KB, 295x558px) Image search: [Google]
1482272124758.jpg
55KB, 295x558px
>>378922107
>Someone kites a Fel Reaver to HH
>It gets there as soon as the scripted Infernal Rain event starts
>Stunned fucking constantly by raining infernals while the Fel Reaver marches around killing fucking everyone
>>
>>378925984
People were more respectful of each others times. I remember doing Zul'Farrak with this obnoxious tank and half way through the healer had enough of his shit and quit. Me and this other DPS thought that would be it but after the douche left the healer came on his main and ran us through the rest of the dungeon to ensure we got to finish it. That would never happen now days.
>>
File: 1493242391175.jpg (39KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493242391175.jpg
39KB, 480x480px
>Spend TBC and WotLK on an RP server
>Make tons of friends and enjoy the characters and stories we come up with
>Turns out RP servers have a ton of women playing on them
>Almost all of them are down to fuck and are either horny teenage girls with no social life outside WoW or desperate housewives trapped in ruined marriages
>my main was a cliche dashing rogue that they all loved
>mfw ERP/phone sex/webcam shows from all of them when I was just a teenage nerd loser
Some of them got way, way too clingy but all save two or three were actually pretty hot. Man, what a great experience that was.
>>
File: them days are gone.jpg (93KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
them days are gone.jpg
93KB, 800x600px
>>378908796
This really punches me in the feels.

Every time I consider resubbing, I remind myself that the community (and thus game) is a hollow shell of its former self.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_020708_222546.jpg (309KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_020708_222546.jpg
309KB, 1024x768px
>>378903151

This happened once.

pic related
>>
>>378931414
I too miss Bjenk.
>>
>>378931803
I'm surprised no one feel for this bait, well done /v/
>>
>>378931209
The game itself saw too many changes for me to really say it was one thing in particular. On the personal side of things I had a big falling out with my core WoW friends and never really found another group as good as them.
>>
>>378907076
>Vanilla Wow
>be total noob lvl 20ish orc hunter
>Some guy is shouting and rallying people for a darkshore raid
>Get excited and decide to join 30-40 people raid which average at lvl 30
>We start running all the way to darkshore
>Everyone is chatting, making friends, joking around, you can see that this kind of hing is new and magnificient for everyone
>Realize one of my irl friends in the raid too
>The journey is beyond comfy, Nobody cares about lvls, gear or some other shit. Nobody is tryhard. We are just having fun talking and running.
>Reach darkshore, start killing npcs and low lvl alliance dudes dumb enough to attack one of us
>It feels like we really invaded and own the place
>10 minutes later 3-4 lvl 60 alliance people show up.
>We get completely massacred. People running around screaming and dying.
>Some people run to the sea, some to the woods, some try to take on lvl 60 guys with lvl30 toons.
>Eventually literally get forced into the sea.
>Several guys manage to sneak into the ship that goes to night elf starting place.

Nothing really interesting for today's standards but I can easily say that was one of the most fun I had playing vidya. The sense of wonder and new was amazing.
>>
God dammit /v/, now you've got me wanting to resub.
>>
>>378938803
Don't. Current retail is not the game you fell in love with years ago.
>>
>>378939057
I honestly miss the WoW-themed roleplay on my old RP server more than the game itself. I can play on private servers for vanilla/tbc/wotlk nostalgia but none of them have a solid RP community.
>>
File: 1436733528532.png (22KB, 490x811px) Image search: [Google]
1436733528532.png
22KB, 490x811px
>roll a gnome
>name him Manlygears
>>
>>378933591
This. World pvp was the reason I stuck with wow in vanilla. No incentives, no motivation, no rewards, just a desire to fuck with other faction. Disorganized large groups (unfairly) fighting against other large groups.

I think this is why I also loved Warhammer Online a lot.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjmJCy1ksYY
>>
>tbc
>first character was a space goat warrior
>read that there is a rare hunter pet spawn in barrens
>go see it
>there is a tauren hunter there waiting there to spawn
>wait for 3 hours while tauren makes rude gestures
>some black cat called humar spawns
>kill it
>laugh at tauren hunter
>go back to leveling
>>
>>378903723

Starting areas don't auto flag you for PvP. I call bullshit.
>>
File: 197a869r4z143jpg.jpg (73KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
197a869r4z143jpg.jpg
73KB, 400x388px
>Excited to play vanilla WoW with friends again
>We all make new characters
>It's insanely boring and slow
>We log off and play something else

I don't get it, we used to LAN WoW every weekend back in high school, why the fuck does it feel so awful to play now?
>>
>>378906085

>be warlock
>go into BWL
>summon voidwalker
>make voidwalker attack razorgore
>summon imp
>by the time razorgore conflagrates the void, imp is out
>go to orgrimmar
>summon voidwalker in auction house
>everyone dies

I would do the same thing with the Hakkar blood.
>>
>>378903151
>Level 70 Priest
>Bored, decided to ride all the way to Goldshire
>Along the way, I come across Hogger
>A group of low level Alliance were trying to take him on, they were all dying and running
>I one shot Hogger
>They stand there confused for a moment and then see me, a horde priest
>All of them thank me before I head off
Another story:
>Find low level mage in Outland
>Approach him with my flying mount
>He /begs me
>I gently pat him on the head before flying off
>>
>>378903151
>get wow when it first comes out
>roll dwarf warrior
>play as a tank because I hear theyre super important
>put ALL OF MY TALENT POINTS into protection
>die all the fucking time, wonder why, continue to put points into protection
>Damn good at tanking though
>takes me a year to level to 60
>buddy helps me rebalance my guy, become an even better tank
>get into a raiding guild finally, they're slow at raiding, but I get into weekly raids of Molten Core and Zul'Gurub
>work really hard to become a guild tank instead of a guild DPS
>get a piece of might finally
>guild leader says something along the lines of "good job, now you can stop crying about being a tank" or something, not really sure
>I'm sure he was joking at the time, but I took it as an insult and a hint that I need to leave
>left to join friends guild because he said the guild I was in sucked anyways
>same friend who helped me with my tank
>left shortly before naxx released because I was bored
Had I stayed in that raiding guild, I'm sure I would have continued to play WoW for a long time. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted guys.
>>
>>378903723
you cant kill somebody in blue areas unless he attacks you faggot

horde nigger
>>
>>378941429
guess what
he was on a pvp server
>>
>>378941705
hogger is an npc, dumbass, the npc doesn't need to attack you first.
>>
>>378940035
>I am NOT wasting DKP on that piece of crap
That line has always stayed in my head
>>
>>378941856
It's pretty good advice. Thunderstrike was just about the worst item they ever put on a boss' loot table.
>>
File: received_655318244649698.jpg (22KB, 540x491px) Image search: [Google]
received_655318244649698.jpg
22KB, 540x491px
>>378920710
something similar without bugs thou
>be me level 80 dwarf paladin back in wotlk
>join alterac valley
>back in the day i had an arch nemesis on the horde side, a belf paladin by the name of Zangetsu
>minding my own business, capping points an shit
>suddenly i see him in the valley near the first horde tower with the destroyed catapult
>it's on
>we fight for almost the entire match (20 mins)
>people from both side would occasionaly join, but get assblasted immediately by one of us (for example, this belf low level paladin faggot kept trying to kill me and i would 2 shot him)
>eventually swtiching seals to regain mana stops working as we are low everything as fuck
>pop my trinket for 1k ap
>with one last hammer of wrath, i fuckin kill him
it was one of the best day of my life, we met again during the wintergrasp sieges where i would lead the defence, and have similar showdown, but this was the most long one
>>
>>378903151
>Start playing in TBC
>wanted rogue
>make blood elf male one
>realised how cool looking undead rogue are few months later
>sold my account for 10k gold
>level new one, undead this time. Take me like month or so
>>
>Be poor as fuck UD Warrior
>No mount, no money
>Ran out if quests decide it's time to trek to the Badlands
>Literal half hour of running from Arathi
>Leveled up exploring new areas
>Realize I can use a dank ass axe I got out of SM
>Hearth back to Orgrimmar to hit the bank
>Realize I forgot to get the flight to Badlands
>>
>>378938452
Level 60 world PVP felt like fucking WAR man. I was on alliance involved in a 4 hour campaign in Ashenvale. They came to Astranaar and we pushed their happy asses all the way back to Splinter Tree post. I remember the exact spot where I told my buddy I was logging because we'd spent 4 hours pvping there, and it was STILL going hot.
>>
>>378941540
because the game was about grinding
if you already have had a taste of the best, then going back to square 1 is a pain in the ass
>>
>>378941985
Jesus christ vanilla wow leveling was pure pain... I would never want to do it again, at least on Alliance
>>
File: warrior quests.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
warrior quests.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>378903151
Ur a fagit if youre having vanilla nostalgia

vanilla was a shit time in the game and youre a fucking shill if you try and say it wasnt.
>>
>>378941791

Alliance still wouldn't be flagged in Elwynn or Redridge you dingus.
>>
File: NostCucks.png (609KB, 1644x720px) Image search: [Google]
NostCucks.png
609KB, 1644x720px
>>378903151
obligatory
>>
>>378935827
Ohhhhh god are you me? That shit was amazing
>>
>>378942060
Redridge yes, Elwynn no.
>>
>>378935370
>see skull level mage farming mats

>get hit by a level 70 mage's frostbolt on that same paladin

Sounds like he remembered who you were dude
>>
>>378934924
Holy fuck, it was like yesterday. God i miss good old TBC\WotLK days.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (76KB, 707x573px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
76KB, 707x573px
I remember there used to be a particularly mischievous gnome warlock on my realm back in vanilla that used to troll lowbies
Used to summon infernals at Sentinel Hill and watch the noobs try to kill it
Also remember him getting a raid together of level 20 somethings to go fight the emerald dragon in Duskwood
>>
File: thinkgen.png (8KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
thinkgen.png
8KB, 112x112px
>>378942109
>hogger
>redridge

its almost like youve never even played the game
>>
>>378942092
It feels like a bond of brotherhood. I'm happy for all my fellow nerdy kids who got some tail through WoW RP. I hope it continues today.
>>
>>378942169
my GM in vanilla accidentally summoned his infernal in goldshire once.
It killed him and his wife
>>
>>378942243
ERP manwhores bruh
>>
>>378942171
Not talking about Hogger, just that allies did get flagged in Redridge.
>>
>>378935827
>>378942092
tfw left RP servers in MoP for a progress guild now im too embarrased to go back to RP servers cause all my friends are on battle.net now and I dont want to spend 15mins closing ports each time I want to go fag it up and slowwalk around Stormwind hitting on chicks(Fmale) and go on adventures
>>
>lv 28
>hit up sm on every single character n start farming exp and scarlet gear
Everytime

Didnt matter if i was warkock/mage
Or huntet/shaman/warrior farming thr mail gear.

>by the time i was done. Lv 40
>hit up zf in tanaris
>everyone in awe of my sets
>get best weapons.
>hit up pvp at 48

Most fun i had. The 50-60 grind was done in Av cuz it gave most exp.

Then tbc content.... glorious shit

Getting killed by reaver in hellfire

Hit up auchidon and by the time i was done killing drenie ghosts i was rdy for nagrand..

Always do ring quest
Always do nessingwary
Always pvp in halaa

Fuck guys. Its over. Only the future to look rorward to
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z29Rk8814w

brehs
>>
>>378942338
My bnet tag list remains empty to this day for precisely that reason.
>>
>>378942352
SM and ZF were such great fucking dungeons. They really stand out even when I think back on the endgame ones from each expansion.
>Do ZF countless times over the years
>Only ever see the epic sword assembled once, when my friend got lucky with the drops
Also got to see the epic sword from ST drop once. That sure was something.
>>
Post your favorite PvP movies lads!
Acrono:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba6Ty72eSH8

Destram:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTCgTEh40T8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkb32GWDEzE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YUP36EY47Q
>>
File: warlock leveling.png (403KB, 828x377px) Image search: [Google]
warlock leveling.png
403KB, 828x377px
>>378903151
>tfw got to level 6 in Northshire because of shitty warlock quest that made me have to fight four fast respawn Defias just to get my imp
>tfw waiting for someone else to be stupid enough to approach the murlocs so I could get the goddamn second medallion
>tfw got to level 14 in Elwynn because of shitty warlock quest that made me have to fight 3 decent-leveled Defias, two with a knockdown and one casting bullshit-insane levels of damage
>tfw accidentally crossed the river into Darkshire and was mutilated by wolves and spiders
>tfw ended up at the Darkshire graveyard instead of back at Goldshire
>tfw farming vultures and boars just to make some food
>tfw got kicked from my first dungeon group because I rolled need on the dagger as a warlock (it very specifically said I was going to get a DPS increase!)
>tfw get fucked to death by gnolls in Redridge
>tfw get fucked to death by Stitches in Darkshire
>tfw Shimmering Flats
>tfw get fucked to death by Hordies as soon as I step foot into STV
>tfw get some AMAZINGLY SUPER-COMFY LEVELING IN HILLSBRAD HOLY SHIT I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO FUCKING COMFY IN MY LIFE I MEAN GODDAMN FUCK YOU HORDE NIGGERS LOL I'LL JUST FUCKING PVP FARM YOUR STUPID ASSES BY HIDING IN THE FIELDS WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT GREENSKIN FUCKS
>tfw have to go back to STV and get fucked some more
>tfw finally free of the STV bullshit and see the beauty that is Feralas
>tfw getting fucked to death in Feralas because Feathermoon is on the opposite side of the fucking zone
>tfw get fucked to death by NPCs now that I've gotten into Searing Gorge
>tfw Cauldron and Fordring chains make getting to 59 easy
>tfw just pressing the Shadowbolt hotkey in dungeons to get to 60
>tfw sucking dick to get the money for the epic mount
>tfw sucking more dick to get the Infernal summon
>tfw getting threatened with a ban for dropping that Infernal in Goldshire
>tfw getting /gkick for dropping an Infernal as soon as the gates for Alterac opens
>>
>>378942389
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xciuYTeu4Qc
>>
File: 1426448674673.webm (729KB, 206x222px) Image search: [Google]
1426448674673.webm
729KB, 206x222px
>>378904817
This isnt a wow post... BY FIRE BE PURGED!
>>
File: file.png (503KB, 453x634px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
503KB, 453x634px
>>378942667
Huh
>>
>>378942667
>Shitty player
>Comfy fag
>infernal sperg
Yeah I'da kicked you too
>>
>>378904817
>>378914345
seriously whats AO?
>>
>>378942790
Man I'm sure glad I leveled to 60 as a worse mage, better not use any of the cool abilities that lets me RP as Chaotic Neutral!
>>
>met girlfriend in a guild
>similar people did the same thing
>they're relationships ended in fire and tears without fail
>me and my woman are nice and happy

Feels good.

We erp a lot too
>>
>playing on Laughing Skull(US)
>level 25-30
>meet up with some guys
>become friends
>join the same guild
>level to 60 together
>raid together
>TBC is about to come
>our guild we joined "merged" and died
>my friends I met just decided to change servers randomly
>never see or speak to them again
Delin you were a cool guy.
>>
File: fag_sensor.webm (775KB, 616x360px) Image search: [Google]
fag_sensor.webm
775KB, 616x360px
>>378906612
Never played vanilla but on elysium alliance are fucking scum fucks that exploit world bosses and get special treatment from the staff.
>>
File: 1490898269815.png (326KB, 903x713px) Image search: [Google]
1490898269815.png
326KB, 903x713px
>20 Human Warlock in thunderbluff
>Skull level rogue uncloaks behind me on elevator
>Actually get a fear off
>Rogue runs off side and dies
>Can't retrieve body either and has rez sickness
>Fear him off a second time
>>
File: bTkMAuH[1].png (46KB, 843x162px) Image search: [Google]
bTkMAuH[1].png
46KB, 843x162px
>>
>>378943390
>things that happened
>>
>>378943414
Well they did faggot, I wouldn't be posting it otherwise
>>
File: get cancer.png (285KB, 532x250px) Image search: [Google]
get cancer.png
285KB, 532x250px
>>
Nothing will ever be amazing/enthralling/captivating as classic WoW when it was current.
>>
>>378943178
You werent a Warlock were you?
>>
>>378943540
TBC was better tho
>>
File: original blizzard descriptions.png (1MB, 1947x888px) Image search: [Google]
original blizzard descriptions.png
1MB, 1947x888px
>>
>>378936819

WHERE ARE MY (YOU)s?!?!?!
>>
>>378943390
>>20 Human Warlock in thunderbluff
>>Skull level rogue uncloaks behind me on elevator
>>Actually get a fear off

>dead to guards
>dead to a rightclick
>500% misschance ona fear

yeah that didnt happen
>>
>>378903151
Played for a year and a half during vanilla.
Went R14.

Best year and a half of my life.
And achieving R14 is still the greatest achievement of my life. I have a good life and a fair success but this is still the thing I am the most proud of.
>>
>>378908796
This is edited isn't it? It used to be 1 or 2 more screenshots. I remember a NE in the picture with the human
>>
>>378907276

you're the reason people use condoms
>>
File: ud_rogue_t5.jpg (26KB, 400x547px) Image search: [Google]
ud_rogue_t5.jpg
26KB, 400x547px
>Still didn't top this design after so many years.
>>
File: reported.png (3MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
reported.png
3MB, 1600x900px
>>378906612
Hey.
Go fuck yourself.
>>
File: 1456475159917.jpg (142KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1456475159917.jpg
142KB, 900x900px
>>378943634
>druids healers
>>
File: laughing cuck.gif (3MB, 190x200px) Image search: [Google]
laughing cuck.gif
3MB, 190x200px
>>378943634
>Warriors
>Excellent for those who like to take damage
>>
>>378906390

That would be me, your neighborhood human holy pally in half tier 3 healbotting a warrior with sulfuras (for looks) that was fucking your shit up
>>
File: latest.jpg (48KB, 653x389px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
48KB, 653x389px
I managed to gather a bunch of random kind/bored people I don't know to help me tame the Grimtotem Spirit Guide. They said they all had fun and didn't even ask for a fee.

One expansion later, Blizz gives all shamans two of them.
>>
>>378943645
Well it did, sorry nothing that great ever happened to you.
>>
>>378943591
...I was
>>
File: file.png (144KB, 263x634px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
144KB, 263x634px
>>378943703
>playing UD rogue after the introduction of bloodelves

shiggus diggus
its like you want to be shit at PvE AND PvP
>>
>>378906128

WoW was only out for 1.5 months in 2004

Maradon wasn't even out until March 2005
>>
>>378943817
You LITERALLY wouldve had 0% chance to fear him and pathing prevents you from "jumping off" or "falling off" ledges, you fucking moron
>>
>>378906458

I know this feel
>>
>>378943825
You can't be serious nigga, undead rogues were the best for rogues because of Will of the Forsaken. BE silence is garbage.
>>
>>378943870
Like you were totally there and now you're getting autistically upset about it lol. I guess you started playing years later and not the very beginning. It happened mid way up and he was laughing, not trying to attack with all the evades and died being cocky.

Now please promptly go kill yourself.
>>
Anyone playing on the Elysium servers?Nelf druid lvl 11 there atm
>>
File: Moonbrook.jpg (194KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Moonbrook.jpg
194KB, 1360x768px
Finding it, that's not the hard part. It's getting out.
>>
>>378935820

because nowadays you could solo a raid 5 levels below it.
>>
>Decided to level up a Horde up on the PvE server that I was playing on
>Hit level 25
>Group up for Blackfathom Deeps
>One Tank and DPS leaves after ten minutes
>The rest of us end up three manning the Dungeon despite taking ages
>End up leveling and raiding together
It was fun.
>>
>>378943949
There's a general on /vg/ dude.
>>
I still cherish the memory of completing my Benediction.

After all this time it's still probably the highest point in my life. Nothing else really stands as tall when I look back.

>saving up holy water
>alching some immolation oils
>waiting for hours and hours, failing multiple times a day to practice
>the adventure
>the lore
>Scour the world.

I'll always have that.
>>
>>378935331

flying made it cool, but afflic locks landing in a tree just fuckign destroyed anything they came across
>>
>>378943936
>Will of the Forsaken
>good for anything

haha
>>
>>378944018
this is bait? I guess you never played high level arena my challenger friend.
>>
File: file.png (282KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
282KB, 620x372px
>>378943947
>lies
>gets called out
>"you're getting autistically upset...go kill yourself."
>>
>>378903972

lmfao, how old were you
>>
>There is people who never played Vanilla\TBC and feels nostalgic for Pandaria or Cata.

kek
>>
>>378944018
WotF single-handedly made warlocks and SPriests dead classes on Alliance-side PvP servers, while over-inflating warlock and SPriest presence on Alliance-side PvE servers. WotF only managed to get one-upped by Belves' AoE Silence, to the point where Wrath had to introduce EMfT to get the rage on the forums to die down.
>>
>>378944063
>high level arena
t. 500rating shitter

I actually have merciless netherwing my man, so, idk who you're trying to fool
>>
>>378906861

As a Human Paladin from Mach 2005 till middle of WoD, this is actually kind of true.

horde with mud huts, skulls, and shit attracted different players, and would always be the kind to want to kick your ass irl if they found out you were alliance.

alliance was usually the weirder sparkly people, like Edward from Twilight.
>>
>>378944152
Sure thing mate xd
>>
>>378943248

No one gives a fuck about private servers you loser, you aren't part of this convo and never will be, deal with it.
>>
>that part in IF you could noclip and slowfall through to get to the top of the bank

I used to get scared I'd get in trouble when I did that shit, but it was fun.
>>
Can we all agree that Death Knights, Monks and Demon Hunters were mistake?
>>
>2008
>be level 7 orc warrior
>stand around the troll fishing village for an hour talking to the raptor mount vendor
>level 42 troll comes around and buys a mount
>asks him how the hell he managed to do that
>gives me a gold coin and tells me to keep at it, it'll come eventually
It was the little things that made this game magical.
>>
>>378944179
To be fair, it really depends on who you met up with. People who rolled humans could be zealous paladins and priests, edgy warlocks or rogues, or mages and warriors who couldn't shut up about how deep the Onyxia chain's plot was. Similarly, you had orc warriors that were literally BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD levels of memery, bro-tier shamans and hunters who would have your back in a PvP zone, and asshole warlocks and rogues who always had to fight against Alliance.

Everyone likes to generalize both factions, but only one thing is definite -- you rolled Alliance if you ever wanted to ERP.
>>
Gnome or Goblin engineering?
>>
File: deathknight background.png (423KB, 945x355px) Image search: [Google]
deathknight background.png
423KB, 945x355px
>>378944271
Death Knights were great before the Cata changes. Finally making an anti-magic class really helped even out the class choices, and it didn't feel horribly forced. Sure, when they were released they were OP bullshit, but at the same time having +15% movement speed AND a pet AND healing AND plate AND high damage made getting through Outlands for the fourth time so much easier.
>>
>it's another neo /v/ wow faggot degenerate thread
>>
@378944459
>l-look! I-I'm an oldfag now!!
>>
>>378944323

Yeah, but we're just talking about our own experiences. If you look at the outspoken of each faction then there was definitely a different, but the average player was the same.

Some people also just enjoyed acting as that faction, not actual RP, but just jokingly saying DEATH to ALLIANCe or shit like that, so you don't know if they'd act that way if they weren't that faction.
>>
>>378944420
Death Knights single handedly ruined all enjoynment of early arena in WotlK, they were pretty much unbeatable without luck.
>>
I remember my first trip to Gnomergan, my first encounter with Mor'Ladim, and many other of the roaming elites with clarity.

Why did Blizzard get rid of roaming elites again ?
>>
>>378944323
>>378944495

actually I'm the guy who replied ot you too) if you think about it the people that usually would make the generalizations about a certain faction were usually people you didnt want to play with or know irl anyways,
>>
>>378922829
Is that the Hide of the Wild cloak? I remember farming Essences from some shitty Water Elementals in Felwood to make the money to buy it on my Druid.
>>
>>378944513
Next you're going to say that any 2v2 that had a druid on the team was completely balanced.
>>
>>378944554
Blizzard got rid of roaming elites because it made people upset that all of the sudden this random boss would come along and beat the shit out of them when they were trying to farm ore or herbs and then a Chinese player would come along and take their node. So, to prevent that unhappiness from ever happening again, wandering elites were removed. Problem solved!
>>
>>378944652

Blizzard in TBC

"PVP is perfectly balanced"

> Random autists 'NERF HOLY PALADINS, THEY'VE MOVING AROUND PILLARS
> Nerf happens
> Druids shape shift out of anything, infinitely heal with hots, run faster with no DR, drink while shadowmelded/stealthed all while singing trolololo
>>
File: 242600-whirlwind-axe.jpg (37KB, 465x271px) Image search: [Google]
242600-whirlwind-axe.jpg
37KB, 465x271px
Did someone not pick the axe?
>>
>>378944652
>make druids be literal cucks all throughout vanilla that can't do shit
>allow them the chance to be good in BC
>people get salty over free flying mount and arena rankings
Every time.
>>
>>378944730

Roaming elites were originally added in TBC to combat WoWglider

Once Honorbuddy appeared it was moot since it was advanced enough to avoid them based on settings.
>>
>>378936819
Kek, should have told him to give you money so that you could teach him First Aid.
>>
>>378944849

more like white power axe
>>
>>378944858

druids took skill to play in vanilla

your response of do nothing shows you're clueless, especially with how op they were in arenas and other classes were getting nerfed for doing whta druids did and they never got nerfed.
>>
>>378944849
I'd like to add the following information: the pre-crit per-hit damages* of each weapon, prior to any talents:

Whirlwind Axe: 102-154 damage, average 128
Whirlwind Warhammer: 97-146 damage, average 121.5
Whirlwind Sword: 82-124 damage, average 103

Pure Damage Benefits of WWA over WWWH:
average 6.5 more damage per Whirlwind, Mortal Strike, or Slam
average 3.75 more damage per Overpower
1.3 + AP/350 damage per tick with Rend
3.12 damage per tick with Deep Wounds

Pure Damage Benefits of WWA over WWS:
average 25 more damage per Whirlwind, Mortal Strike, or Slam
average 12.5 more damage per Overpower
5 + AP/140 damage per tick with Rend
12 damage per tick with Deep Wounds

Pure Damage benefits of WWWH over WWS:
average 18.5 more damage per Whirlwind, Mortal Strike, or Slam
average 9.25 more damage per Overpower
6.17 + AP/233.3 damage per tick with Rend
8.88 damage per tick with Deep Wounds

These are the only warrior attacks which benefit from higher average weapon damage at this level, and white damage should, over time, be the same all Whirlwind Weapons. Myself, I see the racial expertise benefits as more useful than the slight pure damage lead that the WWA has over the WWWH for humans and dwarves, but at least now the exact benefits are spelled out.

* I purposely refrain from saying "top end damage" because people are incorrect in using it. What matters is the average weapon damage, which is just the average of top and bottom damage. This is more accurate, since instant cast attacks don't always use the top damage, they randomly determine the damage between the min and the max.

tl;dr only idiots
>>
>>378944880

Not to mention in classic/TBC you couldn't solo the elites, well maybe in TBC if you had the best gear, but that's moot.
>>
>>378944880
Most roaming elites/high level mobs/normal-but-dangerous mobs were in Vanilla, though.

>Defias Pillager
>The level 26 gnomes in Gnomergan
>The level 26 undead guards at the South East of Westfall
>Stormguard patrol
>Scarlet Messenger patrol
>Mor'Ladim
>>
>>378943645
also fear can't make you run off a cliff
>>
>>378945108

Yeah, but there were still many safe areas to grind mobs as that's what you did pre MoP, especially in classic/TBC

TBC introduced "cuz fuck you that's why" elites in areas to help the problem.
>>
File: druid leveling.png (509KB, 774x363px) Image search: [Google]
druid leveling.png
509KB, 774x363px
>>
>>378944652
I still rather play against different druid comps than unkillable DK\Pala in wotlk
>>
>>378931209
Life just kept me too busy after I got older. I have responsibilities now and hate it.
>>
File: dropbear.png (426KB, 615x360px) Image search: [Google]
dropbear.png
426KB, 615x360px
The best part of Vanilla was being able to one-hit kill casters and undergeared leather-wearers.
>>
File: RoguePickPocket.jpg (23KB, 285x202px) Image search: [Google]
RoguePickPocket.jpg
23KB, 285x202px
>tfw you'll never make a rogue again and troll random fags all day
>>
File: hybrid shaman.png (495KB, 617x361px) Image search: [Google]
hybrid shaman.png
495KB, 617x361px
No wait I lied, shaman tank was the best part of vanilla.
>>
>>378945338
i miss the days when I had the TOEP/ZHC/AP/POM and could insta pyro 1 hit literally anyone.

Spent many days in warsong gulch slaughtering flag carriers
>>
File: shaman tank.png (497KB, 616x361px) Image search: [Google]
shaman tank.png
497KB, 616x361px
>>378945409
FUCK WRONG PIC
>>
>>378945434

2 minute mage right ?

trinket in classic or are you talking about BC mage ?
>>
File: mace rogue 1.png (417KB, 634x497px) Image search: [Google]
mace rogue 1.png
417KB, 634x497px
>>378945338
>going all the way down a spec
>>
>>378945338
you're right

vanilla was really shitty
>>
File: SM_DS.png (467KB, 616x361px) Image search: [Google]
SM_DS.png
467KB, 616x361px
>>378945497
>>
File: shaman leveling.png (412KB, 831x362px) Image search: [Google]
shaman leveling.png
412KB, 831x362px
>>
>>378945434
I miss my nooby and probably unoptimised fire mage build. It was fun to deal crits and dots.

Fire mage was much funnier than the other specs.
>>
>>378945561
>Go that deep into Demo
>Not picking up SL
wew lad
>>
File: warrior leveling.png (746KB, 921x724px) Image search: [Google]
warrior leveling.png
746KB, 921x724px
>>
Are there any good BC servers out there? I kind of want to play a lazy druid healer.
>>
File: hunter leveling.png (532KB, 830x361px) Image search: [Google]
hunter leveling.png
532KB, 830x361px
>>378945682
Gummycraft.
>>
>Go to sleep at 11, thread died. Oh well, nice thread.
>Wake up.
>Thread revived.

Awwwwww yea, bros.
>>
File: priest leveling.png (859KB, 872x722px) Image search: [Google]
priest leveling.png
859KB, 872x722px
>>
>>378938803
Like other anon said, don't. Go to Elysium. It's not the same at end-game, as in you already know everything and raids are very easy because of it, but it's still vanilla WoW and you've got that sweet Vanilla questing.
>>
>>378945832
>passing up your literal only means to escape combat, Piercing Howl
Found the retard.
>>
>>378920148
>(keep in mind i was 7)

Holy shit, dude. I've been jerking my peen since I was 4 and perving out in various ways after that during my childhood, but you take the cake on this one.
>>
File: 7khealth.png (22KB, 208x54px) Image search: [Google]
7khealth.png
22KB, 208x54px
>tfw I'll never get to play my lock ever again
>>
>>378906128
LK babby here, how do you fit a 40 man raid into a 5 man dungeon to get to the portal?
>>
>>378945898

>Escaping combat in vanilla

Yeah keep dreaming.
>>
>>378945978
You get everyone in the guild to do the attunement quest so they can just talk to an NPC outside the dungeon and get teleported to the raid.
>>
File: Sans titre.png (918KB, 918x774px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.png
918KB, 918x774px
R8.
>>
File: 1495818516734.jpg (17KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495818516734.jpg
17KB, 400x300px
>>378946203
Of course.
>>
Why did Blizzard changed the level of bosses during the later patches ?

Deadmines used to spawn from 15 to 21, Shadowfang dungeon had a level 26 boss, and Gnomergan was even worse. Do you think it was bad design or not ?
>>
>>378928183
>>378928302

That was a comfy read. Thanks anon, kinda hits close to home for me.
>>
>>378946576
Because people complained it was too difficult. If Blizzard changed a mechanic that made the game difficult, it was because casuals would complain about it. The only time there was ever a valid complaint for bosses was C'Thun, because he was literally impossible at release.
>>
>>378925770
At least you admit to being a no fun, tryhard numbersfag. The first step to recovery.
>>
>>378903151
Gnomeregan and Stranglethorn will forever be engraved into the deepest parts of my mind for teaching me true patience and perseverance...and what ptsd must feel like.

>>378917354
Fuck Murlocs.
>>
>>378947126
>enter Stranglethorn Vale
>"It Ain't Me"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I
>>
File: 1431456509401.png (207KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
1431456509401.png
207KB, 600x453px
>Legion removed the Hammer of Wrath hammer throw animation
>Legion removed the Judgement giant falling hammer animation and replaced it with the fucking HotW animation
Jesus fucking Christ why the hell would anyone think that was a good idea? Dropping that big hammer of light on enemies was the best part of being a paladin.
>>
>>378947225

In all honesty, the only time I played WoW was post-Cata, but STV still gave me that exact impression. Took me 10 times longer to quest there, than anywhere else before that, due to Horde ganks.
>>
>>378947340
What the fuck? i fucking LOVED those animations, sometimes they gave me a small erection when I killed someone with it and dribbled a little precum.

Blizzard always finds a way to ruin a game.
>>
>>378947384
Oh child, you know nothing. Back in Vanilla and BC 'Nam used to have the best XP quests centered on Nessingwary's Camp. With no guards. Open to both factions. The end result was Nessingwary's was full of skeletons and roaming 60s that made it the original WPvP zone. The quest "Welcome to the Jungle" was serious business.
>>
>>378947384
>>378947225
At that time, I was fortunate enough to play half of that area with a friend.
Getting from the north down to BB as an alliance toon was a nightmare, especially when arena-time came close and everybody and his dog wanted that fucking chest.
>>
File: 1374735510662.jpg (984KB, 1955x761px) Image search: [Google]
1374735510662.jpg
984KB, 1955x761px
>>378947340
I'm guessing it was unintentional, like when they fucked up night
>>
>>378947340
Because casuals who have bad graphics cards couldn't handle the lagdrop and considered it to be an unfair advantage in WPvP, and therefore it had to be changed to make the game fair and balanced.
>>
>>378947557
Collecting all those goddamn pages.
Having an already limited bagspace filled up with those GODDAMN PAGES.
FUCK YOU NESSINGWAY AND YOUR SHIT DIARY
>>
>>378947807
You didn't make a bank alt and mail all the pages to your alt so you could have free bag space?
>>
>>378945385
>tfw I'll never patrol mid-range questing zones again with my Hunter and Track-Hidden on.
>>
>>378947658
Speaking of STV arena, did anyone here ever manage to get the chest, whats inside of it? It was impossible om my server because it was overpopulated as fuck.
>>
>>378914768
>This killls Defias Looter
>>
File: RHS.png (18KB, 387x120px) Image search: [Google]
RHS.png
18KB, 387x120px
>>378947898
>Hunter and Track-Hidden
That doesn't work with this on, right?
>>
>>378948017
Stealth detection operates on a different skill set that affects the range a player can see another stealthed player. It's in sets of 5 like normal skills, and at level 60 you have 300 "stealth" against everyone else's 300 "stealth detection".

Hightened senses boost your "stealth rating" to 310 at max level, meaning you have "two levels higher" of stealth, or "level 62" stealth, compared to everyone else permanently stuck at "level 60" stealth detection.

tl;dr Senses doesn't affect tracking
>>
>>378947868
I only thought of that when I already had half of it in my pockets and at that point I finally arrived at BB and dropped them all off.
After I finally finished the quest, which took me nearly an hour just to hand it in, I had to burn the paper where I noted all the pages I had and those missing.
Nessingwary thaught me that Rogue are subhuman degenerates who have nothing else to do in their life but keep a guy in stunlock by standing around you and waiting until the other rogue had done his part.
Diminishing return mechanic was a gift from god for me...
>>
>>378944179
>>378944323

Human - Normies
Orks - Normies
Trolls - Emos
Dwarves - Bros
Gnomes - Meme Boys
Undead - Edgelords
Tauren - Bros
Night Elves - Fratboys
>>
>>378944459
>neo /v/

I distinctly remember constant WoW threads back in 2006, you memelord.
>>
>>378947340
Blizz fucking pruned Hammer of Wrath from the game.
>>
>>378947937
You got a random green or blue and a token.
Iirc, you had to collect ten of those tokens for a reward? Lord, its been to many years.
>>
>>378948238
Always wanted to max out stealth(using stealth gear) just to see what it was like.
Most hunters I fought in pvp seemed to never use Tracking from what I could tell.
>>
>>378904460
I hope you twinked him on 39
>>
File: 1467900944520.jpg (21KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
1467900944520.jpg
21KB, 600x630px
>>378914768
>You feel normal.
>>
>>378948397
why do every single one of you newfags claim to come here in 06? every single time. statistically that's unlikely since /v/ is 99% summerfags like yourself. /v/ always hated wow. wow threads were always saged
>>
>>378948625
The only time stealth would be used in PvP is if a hunter is guarding a flag in WSG or a node in AB. Every other time they will probably have humanoid up.
>>
>>378945484
classic. They later changed it so you couldnt have the TOEP and ZHC buff active at the same time and in subsequent expacs everyone had just too much health
>>
>>378948625
I gathered all the +stealth gear and potions and used them pretty regularly to stealth around an RP server and make sure no one could see me. Between them and smart vanish use no one is ever going to spot you.
>>
>>378917629
>HUH
fuck that
>>
>>378948946
http://www.wowhead.com/sound=1263/humanmaleaggroa
>>
>>378948946
>HUH
>start running away
>HUH HUH HUH HUH
>>
>>378948820
Or in case of a dwarf hunter, treasure tracking.
That shit made me rich in STV.
So many treasure chests.
Fuck you Blizzard for removing that feature.
>>
File: rogue DODGE spec.png (389KB, 625x428px) Image search: [Google]
rogue DODGE spec.png
389KB, 625x428px
Can you break dodge(rogue) at level 60 like twinks could? could I get over 100% dodge a 60 with a build like this?
>>
>>378943806
My problem with private vanilla servers today is that this shit doesn't happen anymore. Everyone who plays immediately organizes into tight knit clans and play the numbers game without emergent gameplay.
>>
File: fuck off.png (598KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.png
598KB, 800x820px
>>378904176
>>378906612
>>378906861
>>378944179
>>>/pol/
>>
>>378943171
>Play WoW long enough to level 2 characters to max at their respective expansion.
>Play Left 4 Dead 1/2 for 4k hours collectively.
>Play Counter Strike games for 2k hours collectively.
>Play LoL for 3.5k hours.

>Hear about all these people hooking up in-game.
>I never met anyone.
>Friend of a friend marrying 9/10 redhead.
>They met in L4D 2 in 2015.

It hurts to know how lucky some people get.
>>
>>378903151
>Be me first raid
>Joine guild because they need a mage
>q_q GEARing up for ugly oooze boss in AQ 40
>FUcking black rock MOUNTAIN
>Here we go
>Going to kill some dragon lord
>Die on every fucking boss
>Raid leader is angry
>Raid leader tells me I will get no gear
>Get to the last boss
>Le mage loot drop
>Raid leader rage even more
>Have to give me loot because
>Murh food machine
>Feels good to be the only food machine in the guild
>>
File: absolutely sexual.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely sexual.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>tfw had James Earl Jones' voice when I was 14
>tfw tried to seduce women in IRC by "promising to show them why they're call the WAILING Caverns"
>tfw it worked
>>
>>378949608
It's cause you play WAAAAYY to much

Girls dont have good winratios or high MMR in games, so if youre sitting on like a 60% winrate or like an above avg MMR, youre not gonna meet any girls in the game
>>
>>378949927
No, actually, my ranks are very average, I play competitive games to have fun, like normies. My Dota 2 rank right now, for example, is only 2.9k and I've already spent over a thousand hours in it.

So case in point, really. I wasn't outside of the normie matchmaking, nor do I sperg out in chats when things go wrong.
>>
File: 1472347045861.jpg (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472347045861.jpg
249KB, 1920x1080px
>>378950043
Very Average is still way to high to meet girls my dude

In dota the only girls youre gonna meet above 2000 mmr are the streamer bait girls who do shit like play with Singsing and s4 in party stacks, then have someone else boost their solo mmr

My main is 5800~ and I havent played with a single girl on that acc (if you discount SingSing)
My first smurf is 4000~ and I played with Sheever and ODPixel, who were stacked with Bulldog
2nd Smurf is mid 3ks for playing with d2g and Ive had maybe 2-3 girls in my games, they exclusives played CM or Venge
3rd smurf is sub 2k, which I use for playing with IRL friends cause theyre awful and we run into a girl in like 1 in 20 matches

Keep in mind the average mmr is 2200~ and I'm only regularly seeing girls in sub 2k bracket, it speaks for itself
>>
>go all the way from WPL to Desolace just to do Maraudon because i liked maraudon and it was a nice break from killing diseased bears in a murky forest
>>
>>378950497
Well I didn't cite Dota because next to no girls play it.
>>
>>378948759
>wow threads were always saged

AND YET THEY WERE ALWAYS MADE
I was here, you hypermeme. I remember.
>>
>>378944947
Druids were really hard to play in Vanilla and misjudged as an only healer class. Even in pvp, when fighing a warrior, rogue or even paladin you have to run away and wait for your energy to fill up again or just re-stealth. People except a rogue class as feral but in reality they're awful with their dps, if you dont get a opening or bleed damage going
>>
>>378950604
Dota probably actually has a bigger girl playerbase than league now, cause theres so many cosmetics and you can actually swap/match pieces from different sets

In other games the shits exactly the same.
I've hopped between guilds in WoW since Ulduar, doing all levels of raiding.
The most girls we had in a raid was 3/25 for Dragon Soul normal cause 1 was le typical GMs gf, one was her friend and 1 was a random from the guild
Only time we had a girl in "progress" was in the SoO and she played a Belf BM Hunter getting her ass carried so hard in 10man HC

If theyre not guarenteed attention and loot, theres no point in them trying to play high end cause others will outperform them

a good place to source girls in WoW tho is actually through RP servers and rare battle pet hunts
Bitches love non-content
My GF went out of town for a week once and i just logged her wow acc in and sat in stormpeaks with rarefinder, didnt get her TLPD, but I got her that little valkyr super rare battlepet and she melted
>>
>>378950968
If you want to hunt women in mmo's, just go FFXIV.
>>
>>378935827
>be 2009
>meet a woman at random
>eventually she sends me a pic of her tits
>she was like 30 and overweight but I didn't care
RP servers are the best.
>>
>>378950968
>>378950497
>>378949608
>>378943171

>Have Girl acquaintance from High School D&D group.
>Invited to play D&D Online: Eberron with her and 2 of her friends who are also girls.
>Everything goes well for 2 months, lost of fun questing in that game with cool problem solving and shit.
>Eventually just develop an IMMENSE thirst.
>It's like all I want is a gf of my own to do this exact same shit with, go on adventures in vidya.
>Try to start something with both her friends, just add them on a messenger to chat at least.
>Declined.
>Become extremely depressed, because I never meet people like this where I live (NYC). Just bland whores who want to get drunk every weekend night and pose no further personalities.

Still dealing with the ripples of this shit. Can't get over it.
>>
>>378914461
Attunements were the best desu. I fuckin loved the whole build up in TBC especially with Kara and SSC etc.
>>
>>378952000

As long as she's not morbidly obese, tit pics are always good.
>>
>>378909647
Durotar isn't hostile territory on PvE servers. You have to go into Org to get auto flagged.
>>
>>378903151
do not remind me of better days faggot

its too painful
>>
>>378942565
>Destram

ma niggah
>>
>>378920592
link?
>>
>>378948341
looks about right
Thread posts: 424
Thread images: 105

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.