[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Devil May Cry 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-DMC2FrontCover.jpg (25KB, 250x355px) Image search: [Google]
250px-DMC2FrontCover.jpg
25KB, 250x355px
I heard this is the worst game in the series.
I have played 1 and 3.
Anything I should know before I play this? What makes it the worst in the series?
>>
It's boring.
>>
>>378899391
There is a boss fight that is a helicopter that is always out of melee range, you have to fight it exclusively with E&I
>>
>>378899391
Guns are OP in DMC2, especially the SMGs for Dante. You can literally win every fight holding R1+Square, occasionally pressing Circle to dodge.

>>378899668
Helicopter fight had great music, but the rest of it was ass. It was also the highlight of Dante's side of the game, so take that as you will OP.

I think DMC2 and DmC would've been received a lot better, had they simply not had the Devil May Cry name on the cover.
>>
>>378899391
4 is worse
>>
>>378899391
Plays better than dmc1
>>
File: 1494525837444.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1494525837444.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>378901536
>Attacks have no weight to them
>E&I are OP as hell
>Cluttered control scheme
>>
Idk, the combat just feels so dull and slow
>>
>>378899391
That the majority is more into flash than substance and if you are also yo should not play. DMC4 should have been Dante in hell but because of you hateful fags we got shitter mgs 2 tier switchout shit.
>>
>>378899391
A few cool ideas like customizable devil triggers trapped in an incredibly boring and easy game
>>
>>378902434
>DMC4 should have been Dante in hell
Glad you don't have the ability to make decisions desu
>>
>>378899391
It is the worst one, can vouch
>>
>>378899391
It's "playable", just really really boring. The levels are way too big, most of the enemies are poorly designed, the story doesn't make any sense and has none of the charm of the original, etc. Honestly I had more fun playing as the brown chick than Dante, she felt slightly faster and wasn't constantly reminding me that I could be playing much better games. Also I like her aerial spinny knife move, I spammed the shit out of that.
>>
>>378899391
The mechanics are just complete ass.

Ever played Arkham Origins?
It feels like that.
It feels like it was handed off to a complete different team with the same assets, but they didn't know how to actually put them together.
Because that's basically what happened.

Just look at 15 minutes of gameplay footage, you'll see exactly what I mean.
>>
I bought this on launch day and finished both stories over a weekend. then i accidentally left the second disc (the girl one whateverthefuck her name was) in a friends ps2 and never saw it again
>>
File: IAmDanteNowXDface.jpg (9KB, 338x215px) Image search: [Google]
IAmDanteNowXDface.jpg
9KB, 338x215px
>>378902631
It was the logical continuation from 2s timeline. Having Dante ride a bike around a stylized hell wold have been a 10/10.[spoiler/]
3 was excellent but the story was done. Do you think it ended up in a better place with 4 and then what came next?
>>
>>378904759
yeah, because 2 was garbage from beginning to end and them deciding to make a story wholly unrelated was better in the long run. 2 doesn't deserve a follow up or a reference. It and DmC should be swept away by the winds of time and forgotten.
>>
>>378899391
>anything I should know
Wall run everywhere
>>
>>378900438
>>378902240
>>378903892
>>378904028
>It feels like it was handed off to a complete different team with the same assets, but they didn't know how to actually put them together.
>Because that's basically what happened.
This is true. Other than maybe the composers, all of 2 was made by a completely different team than 1. Urban legend states that Capcom were so desperate to push out a sequel for DMC1, they took a completely different action game that was in the middle of development, and forced them to reskin it into DMC2. Veterans from both teams then went on to make 3, so it's arguably a happy ending.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.