[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which series is more dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: star fox metroid.png (245KB, 478x263px) Image search: [Google]
star fox metroid.png
245KB, 478x263px
Which series is more dead?
>>
Ape Escape, at least those two are noticed
>>
>>378898010
Star Fox had a "major" release last year, so technically Metroid.
>>
>>378899508
>"Which of these two things is x?"
>"Third thing!"

Why do people do this?
>>
We should cross them over.
>>
>>378899854
I remember that rumor from several years ago and I really wish it were true.
>>
>>378898010
Easily star fox, Metroid had back to back gaffes that ruined the series' credibility, but star fox hasn't had a good game since the n64. Adventures killed the series when that hack miyamoto slapped the title on what could have been a new IP, killing two series at once with furfag pandering.
>>
File: 15b.png (349KB, 600x474px) Image search: [Google]
15b.png
349KB, 600x474px
>>378898010
F-Zero
>>
>>378898010
Star Fox, Metroid can at least be saved with a 2D sequel to Fusion that combines the gameplay and world design of Fusion and Zero Mission with no Zero Suit segment. Star Fox had like one good game.
>>
>>378898010
At least the last few Metroids weren't failed remakes of a great 64 game.
>>
>>378902138
This
>>
>>378899854
No glad that rumor died, would have killed Metroid.
>>
File: mio cry.gif (533KB, 307x426px) Image search: [Google]
mio cry.gif
533KB, 307x426px
I wanted to say Star Fox since its last major release was a total shitshow that kills any hope for new games in the forseeable future but then I remember that Federation Force exists too.
And now as I type this I remember the main Metroid title before that was fucking Other M.

Fuck man, they're both dead and buried.
>>
>>378898010
>metroid last game
Wii
>star fox last game
Wiiu
>Fzero last game
>GAME CUBE
>>
>>378902467
Star Fox been dead since after Star Fox 64. Metroid is still alive, Prime is hiatus thanks to Fed Force but the main series will return in its traditional form, a 2D game.
>>
>>378902607
Starfox after 64 had Adventures (which was a good game in my book, graphics making up for mediocre gameplay), Assault and Command (both alright games) and the shitty Zero.

That's not dead.
>>
>>378902897
None of those were good, you might as well consider it dead or just Nintendo spiting on the series grave.
>>
>>378899690
Yes but that release killed the series
>>
>>378901173
adventures is kino everybody knows it
>>
>>378901173
>>378902607
>>378903092
>o-o-only Star Fox 64 is good!
Yeah, no. It's amazing how you can tell who hasn't even played the games due to being underage as shit, because while the GameCube games haven't had rereleases in any capacity, 64 has been remastered for the 3DS AND has been on Virtual Console twice. All the kiddies who love to parrot shitty opinions have thus only ever touched 64 and Zero, the latter proving nobody wants to play a straight up rail shooter anymore.
>>
>>378904953
I played the SNES version and the N64 versions when they released in the 90s, the Star Fox franchise never really been good except for two games.
>>
>>378901173
>on what could have been a new IP
If Nintendo didn't insert Nintendo-brand characters into Dinosaur Planet, Rare would have been the main owners of the IP, which means MICROSOFT would have then owned them after buying the company out. This "new IP" you fags love to lament about would probably be as dead as Jet Force Gemini or worse, because there's no guarantee it would have lived after its initial release.

Anyone who thinks Dinosaur Planet would have been this perfect Rare masterpiece is blindly ignoring how the developers were already on a quality decline by the time MS was looking to buy them. It probably would have been just as mediocre as JFG, but keep blaming Miyamoto.
>>
>>378902482
The last F-Zero was on GBA.
>>
>>378904953
>the latter proving nobody wants to play a straight up rail shooter anymore.
I fucking wish Zero was a straight up rail shooter. I wish 64 was a rail shooter too, all range mode was a mistake.
>>
>>378906006
last good Fzero game
>GAME CUBE
>>
>>378901402
It's for the better, Nintendo knows they can't make a better racing game then Sega.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.