[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is stupid. What happened to the brotherhood? Why are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: FNV_box_art_(US).jpg (1MB, 1330x1650px) Image search: [Google]
FNV_box_art_(US).jpg
1MB, 1330x1650px
This game is stupid.

What happened to the brotherhood? Why are they so weak and in hiding?

Why are there talking super mutants?

Why did Obsidian think adding new factions like the followers was a good idea? They're shitting on the lore?

Where is the Enclave? Why did the super mutants turn blue?
>>
>>378895161
This is an AU from 3
>>
>>378895161
This is bait right? Yeah, this is bait
>>
File: bees.jpg (107KB, 634x426px) Image search: [Google]
bees.jpg
107KB, 634x426px
go away todd
>>
File: 1496159053572.jpg (16KB, 398x384px) Image search: [Google]
1496159053572.jpg
16KB, 398x384px
I agree with you OP, New Vegas is a complete abomination and a disgrace to the Fallout franchise. After the perfect third game, New Vegas was such a let down. But, fortunately, Fallout 4 turned out to be a great game and brought the franchise back to its glory.
>>
>>378895161
>not crediting Bethesda for making New Vegas

Terrible bait
>>
>>378895161
This was funny the fist time i read it yesterday.
Reminder to sage.
>>
Bait aside, I do think the Followers were simultaneous over-used and under-used. They're like, freelance doctors, right? Not quite a religion? But work like one? And they're the lynchpin of a situation that doesn't seem like they're even part of it. There was an avenue for a story there, but it was just kind of, yeah they're here and do stuff and if you help or hurt them, everything in this small section of city changes. Even if they don't seem to be involved at all.
>>
I'll be starting a new game soon
What personality i should roleplay next?
Does anyone have a roll chart?
>>
>>378895161

I didn't really like NV either. It was too confusing. Every time I would try to decide which of the factions to join, something would get in the way. I thought about joining Mr House, but then he told me to destroy the Brotherhood of Steel. I couldn't join the NCR because they were supposedly so inefficient. Could not join the Legion because they supported slavery. Every single faction in the game seemed to be some mixture of good and bad. It was very poor game design. Nothing like Fallout 3, which was far more action-packed and exploration-orientated, and didn't bog you down with all those ridiculous skill checks.
>>
Call of Duty 3>New Vegays
>>
>>378895161

I honestly didn't like New Vegas. Yeah yeah, I know, unpopular opinion time. I was completely uninterested in the story, so I think that tanked the entire experience for me. Beyond that though, I thought "more" wasn't necessarily better. Ammo crafting, for example, I found completely pointless. I would just use whatever was available for my weapon in descending order. And the map... god damn, I know this is supposed to take place in a wasteland... which is why setting it in an barren desert made it feel so pointless. Too much of the map was just straight roads between shallow canyons. The world just felt lifeless to me, and not in the post-apocalyptic wasteland sort of way. Between that ruined atmosphere, and me not caring about the story, I just couldn't get into the game.
>>
installing http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38557/? and Mojave Sandy Desert makes the game 100 times more enjoyable
>>
>>378896021
>I don't like New Vegas because I'm too retarded to play it.
>>
>>378896312
It was satire, you should be responding to >>378896072
>>
>>378895564

I know this is supposed to be a joke, but there is actually some truth in it. In Fallout: NV the factions were muddy and confusing. The Legion brings civilization to the wasteland, but also practices slavery. Mr House is supposedly a genius who will lead humanity to the future, but he also shows little interest in people's lives on the individual levels, and lets the outskirts of New Vegas go to ruin. And so on. In short, very bad writing. Fallout 4 was far more clear and simple. You had the good factions (the Minutemen, the Railroad) and the bad ones (Brotherhood, Institute). You knew what you had to do. You weren't bogged down with nuance. The levelling system was streamlined in the same way. No perks like Mr Sandman or Intimidating Presence that barely do anything to your character--they were very combat-orientated, which I liked.
>>
>>378895683
>Even if they don't seem to be involved at all.

That's sort of their shtick, really. The Followers try to avoid getting too deeply involved in a given situation - they're not political, they don't take sides, they don't have an agenda beyond trying to protect people and repair the damage done to the planet.
>>
>/>378896415
Lot of text for bad bait
>>
>someone took my baitpost from last night and made a thread with it
Glad you liked it, OP :)
>>
>>378895161
>>378895683
>>378896021
>>378896072
>>378896415
POE'S LAW YOU FUCKIG NIGGERS
YOU KEEP PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED AND YOU'RE GOING TO INVITE ACTUAL RETARDS HERE WHO BELIEVE THIS
>>
>>378896727
>going to
pfffffffffffffffft
>>
>>378896415

Yeah, in a game that has a karma system, providing such morally ambiguous options was sort of shit. I mean, Caesar was obviously an evil choice. The rest? Very ambiguous. I mean, shit, House wanted to upgrade an army of killbots to secure New Vegas under martial law. I killed him. Apparently, killing him was REALLY evil. I guess killbot martial law is GOOD in this game? I don't know. The factions were fucked in this game.
>>
>>378896887
all this shit aside, you can keep him alive trapped eternally in his little canister with no control over vegas, which I believe is less evil for some reason.
>>
>>378896887

I never understood why I got evil karma for killing House either, especially after I learned he wanted to destroy the Brotherhood of Steel and saw how he was neglecting the outskirts around New Vegas. The karma system is another example of bad writing in the game, I agree. It makes no sense. I don't think the writers really understood who was supposed to be the good choice and who the bad.
>>
The Brotherhood is retarded and doomed to die off.
>>
>>378897213
nope, they are too kewl and will be therefore featured heavily in every fallout game from now on
>>
>>378895683
They're just like the red cross or UN basically and try to help people without getting involved in war or anything
>>
>>378897213

The Brotherhood isn't going anywhere. They are practically the face of the game, but more so, with in the Fallout universe, they are now arguably the most wide spread military force in the wasteland.
>>
>>378895161
t. someone who hasn't played fallout 1&2
>>
>>378896415
> In Fallout: NV the factions were muddy and confusing. The Legion brings civilization to the wasteland, but also practices slavery. Mr House is supposedly a genius who will lead humanity to the future, but he also shows little interest in people's lives on the individual levels, and lets the outskirts of New Vegas go to ruin. And so on. In short, very bad writing.

You don't read much about real life, do you?
>>
>>378897750
Real life isn't muddy at all though.
There are obvious good factions (Trump, Russia) and obviously bad ones (Liberals, Islam)
>>
>>378897213

Fallout 1 already established this way better than literally any other game in the franchise
and by the time of NV the BoS clearly is dying off but at the same time NV also makes it seem like they have a chance to evolve and survive
NV is so faithful to the lore yet also expands it in a good way

god why is NV so much better than Bethesda's shit
Bethesda can't even make up their mind what they want the BoS to be
the BoS in FO4 is literally just exactly what the Enclave was in FO3 which were the guys the BoS was literally FIGHTING AGAINST in that game
it makes no fucking sense whatsoever
>>
>>378897927
Heh good one.
>>
>>378898003
t. muslim cocksucker sjw
>>
>>378897927
i bet you went with Caesar's legion, facist
>>
>>378896415
They did that on purpose so you would have to think about who to support. Legion are the obvious bad guys but the good guys are left to interpretation.
>>
>>378898176
yes as a female character
>>
>>378897994
BoS in fo4 is similar to the enclave but not the same. The main difference is the enclave shoots wastelanders on sight while the BoS just act like dicks and ignore wastelanders.
>>
>>378897927
>trump
>good

I didn't know destroying the planet was good.
>>
>>378898203

Hmm. To me, that's wrong. If there isn't a clear choice, then the writing is inconsistent and therefore not good. They shouldn't expect you to think; it's their job to do all the thinking for you.
>>
File: pax romana maga nigga.jpg (264KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pax romana maga nigga.jpg
264KB, 1920x1080px
>>378895834
melee legion compulsive gambler with vulpes as a companion
>>
>>378899069
Is this bait?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.