[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QUAKE CHAMPIONS BETA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
I'm really glad that this game turned out fucking great.

>Air tele-frags
>Speed
>best feeling RG yet

WEW LAD I HAVENT HYPE SCREAMED FROM EPIC SHIT HAPPENING IN VIDYA IN AGES
>>
>>378887420
tell me when they add a classic playlist
>>
>>378887420
Have they fixed the horrible netcode yet?
>>
Fuck off Bethesshills. Nobody asked for Quake to be turned into a half arsed Overwatch clone.
>>
>>378888632
you obviously haven't played it that was my impression going in.
>>
>>378888308
Just play as ranger
>>
>>378888513
This weekend's test is to improve the netcode
>>
What's everybody think about the duels changes?
>>
>>378890229
does that make everyone have the same health? no then fuck off
>>
>>378888632
also unlike overwatch the abilities dont just net you 5 kills. The abilities in QC are mainly for evading or pressuring.
>>
>>378890116
>>378890229
>>378890340
>>378890505
>still 4 posters
40 rupees have been deducted from your account.
you have to use a different IP for each post to make your shilling more genuine. Please speak to your supervisor.
>>
>>378890623
the characters with more health than ranger are super slow and the ones with less are super squishy but have great mobility.
>>
>>378890651
I'm not a shill though just having a blast playing.
I mean if Fatality and Rapha like it that has to mean something.
>>
>>378890739
not an argument.
no mode without champions = not quake
>>
>>378887420
Did they add his Slipgate line back in? I need to hear more about slipgates.
>>
>>378888513
No they sure haven't
>>378890650
the abilities are aids straight across the board. nothing feels better than not using them in duel and still beating every shitter because matchmaking is aids
>>
>>378890860
GEE IF THE SHILLS LIKE IT IT MUST BE GOOD

marketing 101 you dunce
>>
>>378890505
it's like if you took last man from d3, limited it to two players, kept the map control element but added classes and abilities. not really proper duel in a traditional sense. it seems ok, I'll probably watch the pro tournaments but I won't be playing.

>>378890860
fatal1ty on twitch is all about picking up the latest thing, owning noobs and rarely playing against people of his skill level or better, and then quitting after a while to move on to the next thing and repeat
>>
>>378890880
if you played it you'd see it is 100% quake just as much as quake live.
>>
>>378891093
His monthly meme game is PUBG though not Quake though
>>
>>378891120
I have and it's trash.
Half the abilities are literally quicktime-event-"press f to not die" shit.
>>
>>378891245
i'm seeing the usual thing with him and QC though to be honest. if he picks it up and goes pro i'll be impressed but the truth is fatal1ty is a massive businessman normalfag
>>
>>378890935
Ranger, Nyx, Visor, Anarki, Clutch, and Galena

all are super balanced I'l give you the other 4 are kinda annoying but I wouldn't put any of them besides Sorlag in the top 5 characters
>>
>>378891289
>I don't know what quick time is
>>
>>378891458
now you are just copying answers from your shill guide without even reading the posts you are responding to.
>>
>>378891289
also that press f to not die is called EVASION it's supposed to stop duels from landsliding like they did in Q3 and QL that's also why they changed the way duels work.
>>
>>378891606
No, you just call anybody with a dissenting opinion a shill
>>
>>378888632
No, because all those people that don't play any arena shooters are asking for a new arena shooter they wouldn't play either.
Id Software know that, that's why they are making a game that will not be DOA.

And comparisons to Overwatch is an obvious sign you don't know anything about QC.
Also stop confusing developer and publisher, shilling for a publisher doesn't make any sense.
>>
I used to play Quake 3 Arena competitively back in the days as well as some Quake Live more recently. I was naturally tempted to try the new Quake, so here's what I think.

THE ONLY THING IT SHARES WITH QUAKE...

IS ITS NAME.

Slow, bad maps, poor weapon animations... what could be worse? You've guessed it. THE FREAKING MOBA aspect of the game, that was only added because Bethesda knows that it's statistically popular in 2017.

There is no way you can combine a fast-paced shooter with any kind of spells/cooldowns/abilities/champions. It's either one, or it's the other.

Quake always put every player on the same level. The only way to be good was to have good reflexes and exceptional hand-eye coordination. Only skill prevailed.

Now, with this casual MOBA/Overwatch/Team Fortress 2 type of game, you can have an advantage by using one champion and by having some special spells or powers. Skill doesn't matter anymore. You can now evade rail gun shots by using a 5-second cooldown shield. Fuck that shit.

I don't care if you guys enjoy Call of Duty, Halo, Quake Champions, Far Cry Primal, Overwatch or any other casual game. But please, don't compare any other Quake game to "Quake" Champions... because apart of the name (which was only used as a marketing strategy to attract more players, like Prey) it has nothing to do with the mythical arena shooter franchise.

Should be called Overwatch Champions instead.
>>
>>378891647
This is all for the benefir of making it a spectator cancer esport

These are NOT good things, Duel was perfect in former iterations and now the meta game is completely random especially when you throw in the cooldown reduction pick ups. Like literally what the fuck id
>>
>>378892908
>Completely random
yet good players are still good
really makes you think :^)
>>
>>378892897
>Slow
It's pretty fast when you aren't playing a heavy character

>bad maps
objective, I love the maps

>Poor weapon animations
agreed

>Moba aspect
was black ops 3 a moba?

>Skill doesn't matter anymore.
Hyperbole,
The game is still 100% about aim and starving your opponent from powerups

If you take off the nostalgia goggles and play a Q3 game then come to champions it's the exact same game, but has abilities.
>>
>>378892897
>copy-pasta tier bullshit

try and articulate your opinion without flying off the handle and spewing hyperbole like a fanboy
>>
I thought it was pretty fun. Missed this weeks beta, but the one from last month was a very nice change of pace from the shooters going around recently.
>>
>>378893147
Next you're gonna tell me that brood war players were good at starcraft 2 and 1.6 players were good at source.

Crazy right?
>>
>Quake Chumps
>>
>>378893627
Jae Dong wasn't good at SC2 though, at least he didn't dominate like he did in BW
>>
>>378893715
nice one haha
>>
>>378887420
What is Quake?
>>
>>378893627
also you just BTFO your own random argument because if you say the game is random the best players would not still be dominate like Rapha and Evil are in their duel vids
>>
>>378893783
Halo for old men :^^^^^^^^)
>>
>>378893854
tone down the autism a little lad

look i exaggerated a little but all i'm saying is it there are more potentially game changing factors to deal with compared to prior dueling. I'm not a fan of abilties personally.

On a side note it's highly unlikely there isn't some money being exchanged for advertising and that they haven't been playing quake champions longer than most other people have been. I seem to remember pros being invited to play alpha waves and what not
>>
Should have been a remake of Quake 1.
>>
>>378893416
You didn't get the point of his post, did you?

Can't be the same game if it has abilities, because you can't fully judge someone's reflexes if you have other factors influencing the fight, like abilities.

It's now a game of knowledge, and not skill. The person that knows which Champions has which ability, its cooldown, ita animation, etc. has the advantage on the player that only knows how shoot and bunny hop.

You probably don't see the difference, since this is your first "Quake", but if you played the REAL ones, you would know it CANNOT be the same thing.
>>
File: zyo8ka.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
zyo8ka.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>you look tasty, we'll fine out how tasty soon~
>>
>>378891458
>Nyx
>Anarki

balanced
>>
>>378891120
No. Giving people different stats and Ultimates was fucking stupid.
>>
>>378894801
>but if you played the REAL ones, you would know it CANNOT be the same thing.
fyi talking LIKE THIS makes you look like a HUGE FAGGOT so KILL YOURSELF.
>>
>>378894801
t. salty old man
>>
>>378895249
DPS is the same and they aren't ults because they don't do something amazing they are utilities.
>>
>>378894523
>there are more potentially game changing factors to deal with compared to prior dueling. I'm not a fan of abilties personally.

You see this is a much more reasonable statement and is just a preference of taste that can be argued .

You said random in your post which would imply that like hearthstone Pro players would be unable to win consistently.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.