[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oblivion wheel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 26

File: Piece_o_pie.jpg (200KB, 504x495px) Image search: [Google]
Piece_o_pie.jpg
200KB, 504x495px
How the fuck does this work? I always have to bribe to get their liking.
>>
idk i didnt figure it out after playing the game for 5 years
>>
if they like the action use a big quarter cirle
if they don't use a small
>>
File: CunD07iXYAI9hrt.jpg (74KB, 638x642px) Image search: [Google]
CunD07iXYAI9hrt.jpg
74KB, 638x642px
Nobody knows

that's why you just bribe the fuck out of everyone with money you made from duping scrolls

Or create a 1 second long +100 charm spell in the mages guild
>>
When you hover over an emotion their face changes to show what their reaction to that option will be.

You want to have the big pizza slices lined up with the options that elicit a positive response from this particular NPC.

Sometimes you might have to pick a small slice option that the NPC doesn't like just so that you can rotate the board to get to a big slice option that they do like. It's a minigame.
>>
Hold cursor over an option and watch how their face changes. Shit they like makes them smile, shit they don't like makes them frown. Then follow >>378885945's advice.

Your goal then is to use all 4 options, maximizing good responses and minimizing damage to your score.
>>
>>378885792
Look at the npcs potato face

If they look mad or REALLY mad use the small sections on them

If they look happy or REALLY happy them use the big section

Look at each section before clicking it tells you what they like or dislike
>>
This wheel minigame was a stupid fucking shit, even for Bethesda.

That being said if you can't figure it out you deserve playing Bethesda's masterpieces.
>>
Literally the easiest thing ever. Is /v/ literally retarded?
>>
>>378885792
You could select which option you wanted on the wheel. The size of orange was a multiplier essentially and the larger or smaller the orange piece, the larger or smaller the effect. After each selection the wheel would rotate in a discernible pattern. You were limited from picking the same quadrant too many times in a row. You were forced to select all areas of the circle before you could select a quadrant again.

NPCs each had their own preferences. Some liked it when you joked with them, others hated. If you picked something the NPC liked then your influence with that NPC would increase. If you picked something that NPC didn't like your influence would decrease. How much it increased or decreased was based on the size of the orange section in quadrant you were selecting.

It became a mini game of sorts where you determined what the NPC liked and didn't like, figured out how the wheel would rotate, and tried to match the segments with favorable sections with the highest multiplier and negative sections with the lowest multiplier. It was pretty easy.
>>
>get speechcraft as main skill
>level up hella fast by just talking to people
>have to reroll because enemies scale based on your level

I just bribe people now
>>
>>378886750
I think OOO fixes these level scaling
>>
>>378885890
>there are people this fucking stupid
>>
>>378886858
presumably because i never actually needed to use it; gold flows like water in oblivion and the situations where you even need to bribe are infrequent
>>
>>378885792
>>378885890
I figured this out after playing the game for two hours, how is this difficult for you?
>>
>>378886041
>>378885945
>>378885890
The wheel was really fucking simple. You must all be underage to not have figured it out.
You literally just hover over each thing to see how it makes their face look, and pick the big slices when they switch to things they like, and pick the small slices when it's of things they don't like.
Skyrim fans are really this stupid
>>
>>378886661
People with autism have trouble telling the difference between facial expressions.
>>
>>378887458
i sure was underaged back when i played it, yes. the game's over a decade old now, and i haven't touched it in years
>>
>>378887458
The great quantum-leap people (including me) struggle with is the fact you need to actually ignore the GUI for once and look at their faces.
>>
>>378887458
why did you reply to me you absolute retard
>>
THAT'S NOT FUNNY
>>
>>378886750
enemy scaling, in a game like this, is stupid as fuck
>athletics is main skill
>level up from running
>>
>>378885792

Tip: Pull out a weapon to drop it 10 points before you begin. When putting it away after the fact, you'll be 10 points higher than what should have been your max.
>>
I had issues differentiating so slightly angry or slightly happy expression with some NPCS in this game. Do I just have autism or do the potato faces really hold true?
>>
>>378887458
mmmmm.......slices
>>
>>378888869
You have autism. It's obvious.
>>
>>378888317
>you don't level up your endurance
>you get one-shotted at level 5

Even worse:
>end up with 100 strength at level 10
>you don't get significantly stronger with more levels while the enemies continue to get more and more HP for the next 30 levels
>>
>>378889781
Shit posting aside; are you telling me you had NO issues reading some of the facial expressions of the argonian and orcs?
>>
>>378890061
The level scaling is ASS. Thats why I just never level up unless I am forced to.
>>
this wheel was stupid since once you figured it out speechcraft became utterly useless, same with how you never need to bother levelling lockpicking intentionally.

Not that Oblivion had any use of gaining NPC disposition.
>>
>>378890153
They use the same skeleton, so their facial expression are not that different.
>>
>>378890153
it's honestly hard to tell on argonians. it was easier on khajiits since they lower or raise their ears
>>
>>378887458
>You must all be underage to not have figured it out.

No, it's literal autism. Autism makes it difficult for people to recognize facial expressions.
>>
>>378890321
lockpicking will work if its high pitched
now i just use auto attempt because its fairer and i dont end up carrying several thousand lockpicks
>>
>>378885792
>>378885890
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmsRN78qMxM
>>
I was gonna yell at you for being retarded but then I remembered I didn't quite figure out lockpicking for years.

I'm liking the increase in Oblivion threads btw.
>>
>>378890542
Here is your (you)
>>
>>378890738
Dunno why they decided to change it from how MW did it, where you actually had to lockpick in real time and it was crucial to have the right stat and tools. This also made lockpicking while intruding more difficult and tense. Suddenly in OB you can pick lv100 locks with no experience in lockpicking whatsoever, while time freezes, it's just stupid.
>>
>>378890153
>Cats have ears
>Orcs have big dopey smiles
>>>>>Needing to talk with Argonians for anything
>>
>>378891025
Don't forget about how Alteration and the Skeleton Key made the skill utterly worthless.
>>
>>378890738
>>378890321
Lockpicking is easy to do even if you don't have the skeleton key because using auto attempt when a pin is up will autocomplete the whole thing
>>
>>378891119
In Morrowind you mean? True enough, you don't even need alteration since you find those open lock scrolls everywhere.
>>
>>378890936
>>378891119
oh nikey is here
did your adventure into todds multigendered toddvoice sexual abyss turn up anything?
>>
>>378891119
Hey, at least with Alteration, you had to reach a certain skill level to be able to cast the strongest unlock spells.
>>
>>378890321
Disposition is a useful thing to have when you sell shit. After I maxed out alchemy, having a good disposition will allow you to sell your goods sometime upwards of 20%.
>>
>>378886750
>>378888317
>>378890061
>>378890265
How the hell did it get past the testing?
>>
>>378891572
3D gfx are cool
physics are cool
what are cashcows?

it was a different era
>>
>>378891572
>testing
As long as reviewers don't get to play beyond level 5-10, all is right with the world.
>>
>>378891572
We are talking Bethesda here. Todd is a meme for a reason.
>>
File: baka.jpg (10KB, 153x176px) Image search: [Google]
baka.jpg
10KB, 153x176px
>>378891572
>Bethesda
>testing
>>
File: 1491051463887.gif (266KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1491051463887.gif
266KB, 500x281px
>>378891572
>testing
>>
>>378891572
At least mods fix it, unlike Skyrim's issues.
>>
just make a 100 pt character disposition spell for 2 secs. literally any character build will be able to cast that.
>>
>Morrowind
>Speech challenges are random based on your skills, it makes sense but is a bit tedious
>Oblivion
>Speech challenges is literally a minigame, bypassing the need for the stat even though it is still in the game
>Skyrim
>Removes speech challenges and speech stat entirely
>TESVI
>???????
>>
Gitgud faggot
>>
>>378891119
The skeleton key is level locked and you need to grind out alteration to get a good enough spell to unlock the good shit. When I first started my run, knowing how to lock pick was great for getting the grand soul gems from the mages guild at level one so I could get enough black soul gems to farm for 100% chameleon armor. At that point all I needed to do was grind illusion.
>>
>>378892283
>TESVI
Everyone will be super nice to you and never challenge you at all. You can take an entire NPC's possessions with a wave of your hand.
Pickpocketing and theft mechanics are removed because everyone will just give you their stuff off the bat.
>>
>>378892283
>TESVI
Conversations are entirely automated, duh.
>>
>>378892283
>>Morrowind
>>Speech challenges are random based on your skills, it makes sense but is a bit tedious

Dude. Morrowind is my GOAT, but dude.
Speech in Morrowind is exploit bullshit to the extreme.
>>
you gotta hover over the 4 parts and see how their face reacts

orgasmic smile = good

lemon licker snicker = bad
>>
>>378892283
I can see them using the same system as they used for fallout 4 where you just need a high enough stat in something to even use it, and then they will remove the minigame all together.
>>
>>378892521
I was saying the mechanic made sense, not that it was perfect, which is probably why they changed it for Oblivion (but failed in making anything better, thus why they just didn't bother with Skyrim)

I'd rather have a broken system than having nothing at all. Breaking things are fun anyway.
>>
>>378892397
Nah, you will not be able to initiate any form of contact with NPCs outside of combat. All quests are put up on a billboard at the inn in the only city in the world.
>>
>>378892283
>>Skyrim
>>Removes speech challenges and speech stat entirely

What? That's not what happened. Skyrim's speech check is actually less gamey and more like an RPG than Oblivion's.
>>
>>378892673
So like Fallout 4, more or less, where there were no misc conversations at all and you could, for the most part, only initiate conversation with quest givers or vendors.
>>
>>378892397
To counter this, whenever an NPC talk to you, you are always forced to accept their quest, and it's impossible to complete the main quests while side quests are unfinished

Bonus: Main quest requires you to talk to everyone
>>
>>378892283
>Morrowind
>Speech challenges
You mean move the menu to the same place as the taunt prompt and then mash the left mouse until you're attacked?
>>
File: 1496355154542.jpg (39KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1496355154542.jpg
39KB, 375x375px
>>378886226

This. How the fuck do you idiots not understand this?
>>
>>378892740
there's a handful of speech checks in the game and half of them you can pass with lowest speechcraft
>>
>>378892283
>>Skyrim
>>Removes speech challenges and speech stat entirely
This is the people that shit on skyrim
>>
File: 758474775678786.jpg (16KB, 450x444px) Image search: [Google]
758474775678786.jpg
16KB, 450x444px
>>378885792
>playing worst game in the series
>>
File: tauntingforgearinmorrowind.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
tauntingforgearinmorrowind.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>378892521
>>
>>378892907
I think it's just easy to forget that speech exists in Skyrim since it's completely useless in that game
>>
>>378892907
There's a handful of unmarked speech checks in the entire game and all of which can be completed without a single point in the speechcraft skill tree. That hardly qualifies. They serve no purpose, for the most part.
>>
>>378885792
You select from 4 choices:
>Admie
>Joke
>Coerce
>Boast

You base your choices off the facial expressions of the NPC.

Say they smile when you have your cursor over Joke, then that implies that you should pick joke when it's full.

Of course you could always choose the easy route and just bribe the npcs, it's what I did, as it's faster.
>>
>>378893007

I don't think I ever put perks in Speech aside from the very first dot which is for merchant prices if I remember correctly
>>
>>378892940
this shit is fun and made speechcraft worthwhile to invest some points in. literally shittalking people until they attack you so you won't be accused of murder
>>
>>378893079
Or just mash. Eventually your skill with be high enough that the positive answers gives more points than negative.
>>
>>378892940
Wait, what? Who is that?
>>
>>378892283
>yes
>no
>sarcastic yes
>brawl/bribe
>>
>>378893079
>Morrowind/Oblivion
>Everyone is your friend because you bribed them all

>Skyrim
>Everyone is your friend because you just happened to be there at the right time
>>
File: CHIM.gif (925KB, 367x309px) Image search: [Google]
CHIM.gif
925KB, 367x309px
>>378893148
>mfw slamming Helseth until he picks a fight
>mfw nobody cares when I loot his OP ring off his still warm corpse
>>
>>378893249
There's a glitch where mashing the correct bubble twice will count both of them while the wheel is spinning
>>
>>378893320
>tfw I bribed every town's guard because they all gave my character the stink eye since he was in the Dark Brotherhood.
>>
>>378893148

I have the first 3 hours of Morrowind locked

>get off the boat
>steal everything of value from Census office since even if you're caught, you can drop the loot and the guards won't take it since it's not on your person
>GET THE IMPERIAL WAREHOUSE KEY FROM BOOKSHELF IN LAST CENSUS ROOM
>give Fargoth his ring
>sell it all in Seyda Neen shop
>talk to dick Nord about ripping off Fargoth
>find Processus' body
>keep the gold, lie to Census guy about it
>kill the guy in the shack for killing Processus
>go talk to Census guy for some extra money for solving murder
>go to lighthouse and get a couple health potions from Processus' lover
>go to top of lighthouse
>wait until dark
>watch Fargoth put his shit in the stump
>steal it, fuck the Nord and never speak to him again
>walk north to find dipshit falling from the sky
>take his gear and scrolls of icarian flight
>go back Seyda Neen
>go clear out the abandoned mine, might have to save scum depending on your build
>sell more shit to Seyda Neen shop
>clear out Imperial Warehouse using the key you stole from Census office
>keep sleeping and selling shit to Seyda Neen guy, carefully sitting all the skooma and moon sugar aside
>silt strider to Balmora
>sell all the skooma and moon sugar to Khajiit vendor
>break into Revan Hlaalo's manor
>pillage everything of value
>sell it
>go to East Balmora( i think ) Guard Tower
>steal Sword of White Woe
>go sell it to the mudcrab

At this point, you can do whatever.
>>
>>378893259

Orc in Suran

If you want to use Daggers, Suran pawn shop has a nearly broken glass dagger for hella cheap
You can buy and fix it way cheaper than buying a new one, so it's a great early game weapon
Then you just walk up the hill in Suran, see orc with glass armor, and spam taunt until she attacks
kill, sell orcish medium armor bits, get some glass stuff to wear for light armor class
>>
>>378893638
>Bribe every guards
>Get arrested by guard
>He let me go because we are friends
>He is now mad at me
>Immediatly bribe the guard
>We're friends again
>>
>>378886226
/Thread
Nigga just use your eyes
I know it's hard making eye contact while talking with someone but these are fake people they won't judge you
>>
>>378885792

I honestly miss this
not the Oblivion wheel specifically but just the ability to affect every NPCs attitude towards you on an individual level

not that many games even attempt this (probably because it would be quite difficult to get right) instead just going for a more general faction system
but ideally an RPG should have both where you can make specific characters within a faction like or dislike you but also have a different standing with the entire faction as a whole and both these elements influence each other
this is an element of realism that would actually vastly improve RPGs and the interactivity of games in general
>>
>>378893676
I do a shorter version of yours

>steal the stuff
>give back ring
>talk to nord
>take the cash
>sell the stuff you stole and possibly buy a weapon
>icarian flight
>silt strider to Balmora
>talk to Caius
>join proper guild for easy quests

I don't really see it as actually playing the game until I get to Balmora, so I try to get there pretty quick.
>>
>>378892850
You can't deny that it is really illogical and stupid.
>>
>>378893092
The only other things that are (kinda) worth it are the "Sell anything to any merchant" perk half way up the tree, and the "Invest 500 gold in any merchant to permanently increase their money" at the top of the tree.
>>
>>378887134
>Two hours
>Not like 10 minutes
>>
File: IMG_1999.jpg (30KB, 431x267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1999.jpg
30KB, 431x267px
>become archmage of the college
>get access to a magic table that lets you create your own spells
>create an incredibly powerful spell
>the table asks for thousands of gold pieces
There are a lot of questionable design choices in Oblivion but this one bothers me the most
>>
>>378895429
>not like 10 minutes
>Not when the tutorial popped in the middle of the screen the first time you open the speechcraft menu
>>
>>378895858
The reaction is fueled by gold, like that one blacksmith from Hordes of the Underdark
>>
>>378886750
Well it wouldn't be much of an issue if you were gathering better gear while you leveled up. It's not that hard to keep your gear in check
>>
>>378886750
>Spend the first 10 hours of the game doing non-combat stuff
>I'm still functionally level 1 and everything else is level 1
>Enemies take ~40 hits to bring down
It was actually kinda fun, the game was punishingly difficult for a while.
>>
>>378895953
>prefering Skyrim over the rest of the franchise
>>>/y/
>>
OP here
This is now a Oblivion thread
>>
>>378885792
it just works
>>
>>378885792
>Friends struggle with this shit all the time
>Figured it out on the second person I talked to.
>Could literally have them max affinity within seconds, could do a wheel perfectly in a couple of seconds.
>Friends would have me do it for them.

Some people just don't understand, no matter how much you explain it.
>>
>steal glass armor from ghostfence
>get boots of blinding speed. equip them after casting 1 second 100% magic resist
>use alchemy fuckery to make mad dosh
>use mad dosh to buy crossbow and silver bolts from The Razor Hole in Balmora
>run around like a Kenyan kapping people by spamming left click because crossbows do a fuckload of minimum damage
>>
>>378891294
Some interesting stuff, but no real bombshells. Highlights are on my Twitch.

>>378892370
What was the Skeleton Key level-locked to? 10? I love Oblivion but lockpicking was definitely a weak point.
>>
File: morrowind.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
morrowind.webm
2MB, 640x360px
How did this get past testing?
>>
>>378897551
Because Morrowind combat combat is literally retarded.

>Hit 100 times
>101 hit does 1 health damage
Atleast they fixed combat in Oblivion and Skyrim where when you hit them they actually get hurt
>>
>>378897551
>>378897773
combat in morrowind cares about how much stamina you have

the idiot in the webm doesn't know this so he's just swinging blindly

if you think of morrowind combat more like easy dark souls instead of hard oblivion then you'll have a way less shitty time
>>
File: realmorrowindcombat.webm (3MB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
realmorrowindcombat.webm
3MB, 1000x563px
>>378897965
>b-but muh FATIGUES
We've proved before that you're just blinded by nostalgia. See the webm.
>>
>>378898071
i don't disagree that the combat is pretty bad but the answer isn't too hard
>>
File: PW.jpg (4KB, 251x128px) Image search: [Google]
PW.jpg
4KB, 251x128px
>oblivion side quests
>a group of women are robbing all men, pretend to get seduced by one to find their hideout
>join the vampire hunters, oh shit the leader was a vampire and he's been using you to hide his identity
>skyrim side quests
>bandits stole the mcguffin, go kill everyone in this fort
>we need the ancient whatsit, go kill all the zombi- i mean draugr in this crypt.
What the fuck happened? did bethshit fire all their good quest writers after oblivion or something?
>>
Any mod to fix Morrowinds shitty combat?
>>
File: morrowindlockpicking.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
morrowindlockpicking.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>378898291
It's not just the combat. You're better off playing a different game.
>>
>>378887938
Nothing wrong answering to your post, /v/ is about having issues you know.
>>
>>378898215
They realized they had a formula that uses low effort but has tons of reward. Normies love the simpler shit.
>>
>>378898215
>casualization
>>
>>378885792
you want to maximize the quarter circle that the NPC likes the most. hover over (don't select) each of Admire, Joke, Coerce, Boast, and Admire and notice their facial expressions. Minimize the ones they hate, and maximize the ones they love.
>>
>>378898291
None. Morrowfags are too blinded by nostalgia to polish their turd
>>
>>378898071
now post the other one without the cheating, dipshit.
>>
>>378898374
fucking kek.
>>
>>378898374
This is completely unrelated, but why does the water look so good for a game made in its time? That just stood out for me.
>>
>>378885792
The speech minigame is easy. However, it simply doesn't make any sense if this was a real conversation. First I make a joke, then I threaten him, then I tell him I'm the best, and lastly I tell him that he is the best. Then I keep doing this until I max speech?
>>
>>378897551
>>378898071
Why have I never had this problem in any of my Morrowind playthroughs
>>
>>378885792
It's easy and actually a little fun.

Not really good design though, since it's more about the game than your actual skill and it is the opposite of immersive. I actually kind of prefer Morrowind's simpler slamming on Admire, Intimidate or Taunt if you want to fight something.
>>
>>378898812
>maxing speach
>not making a charm 99 for 1 sec touch spell
>>
>>378898745
It's modded. However, the vanilla water DID look good for the time.
>>
File: unusualcombat.webm (2MB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
unusualcombat.webm
2MB, 1000x563px
OVER THE LINE
>>
>>378893148
I liked that you could do that in Morrowind, although when talking to guards about the Law apparently shittalking is supposed to be illegal. Oh well.
>>
File: 1435108674519.jpg (15KB, 299x293px) Image search: [Google]
1435108674519.jpg
15KB, 299x293px
>>378885792
>>378885890
>>378886041
>>
wait a minute

https://youtu.be/l_u18_BKczg
>>
>>378899134
Not gonna lie, I've put more thought than normal into what it feels like to be hit with a charm spell
>>
>>378898374
Was it Morrowind or Daggerfall that had skill checked locks? As in you can't open a door AT ALL if your lockpicking level wasn't high enough?

I'm really glad Oblivion made it so you can at least manage it if you got lucky/were crazy good even with a low skill level.
>>
>>378899994
Pretty sure Oblivion was the first one to make the lockpicking skill completely obsolete, yes.
>>
>>378899603
>Hit an NPC
>An entire battalion of guards show up to kill me
I may not be remembering, but that was Oblivion in a nutshell, right? They didn't actually do this in Morrowind.
>>
File: 1212.png (2MB, 1078x778px) Image search: [Google]
1212.png
2MB, 1078x778px
>>378898427
The combat works as it was designed

dont like it dont play it
>>
I'm interested to see which way bethesda will go with TES6, will they fix their mistakes form FO4 and bring back attributes and more skill or keep the trend going and have perks and no skills again.
>>
>>378900380
If it was designed to be terrible, it passed with flying colors
>>
>>378900337
thats because no one knew how to use a door
>>
>>378900537
git gud
>>
>>378895907
>Not when the tutorial popped in the middle of the screen the first time you open the speechcraft menu
>Not ITT having not played the game
>>
File: 1496103565653.png (177KB, 1913x949px) Image search: [Google]
1496103565653.png
177KB, 1913x949px
>>378900380
Wait a sec, I know that screenshot...
>>
File: brawl.png (890KB, 1121x833px) Image search: [Google]
brawl.png
890KB, 1121x833px
>>378900810
That's MY screenshot you're posting fella

i'm nickies black
>>
File: 1476816870535.jpg (12KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1476816870535.jpg
12KB, 320x320px
>>378899287
Why would he mod a game that he supposedly hates?
>>
>>378900272
I wouldn't say that. It was a lot easier to pick locks with higher security than someone with novice in it.
>>
>>378900996
Sure, but you could just do the Daedra quest for the skeleton key and not worry about your lockpicking skill ever again.
>>
>>378901081
Not everyone knew about that though. Same deal as the infinite soul gem (azura's star I think) or whatever.
>>
File: gaffed.gif (2MB, 449x277px) Image search: [Google]
gaffed.gif
2MB, 449x277px
>>378900989
more than 80 percent of inflammatory posts are bait.
>>
>>378901198
Cute!
>>
File: 1471268645819.png (2MB, 980x540px) Image search: [Google]
1471268645819.png
2MB, 980x540px
>>378891572
>>
>>378892283
>TESVI
HATE THALMOR
>>
>>378885792
I just rush the university and make a Charm 100 pts for 2 seconds on Touch spell that basically makes 70% of quests trivial.
>>
>>378891572
they probably just abused invisibility armor/clothing enchantments to compensate
>>
File: Lockpicking.jpg (79KB, 742x651px) Image search: [Google]
Lockpicking.jpg
79KB, 742x651px
>Actually end up learning how to lockpick from fucking Oblivion
It's a skill I'll never use, but it's there.
>>
>>378902213
Except that's not at all how picking a lock works.
>>
>>378902213
i liked oblivion's lockpicking way more than nu-fallout/skyrim. It was actually something you could do and get better at rather than a guessing game to find the sweet spot
>>
>>378902213
I once unlocked a very hard lock with my eyes closed just from the sound. It felt cool as fuck.

Then I went to my friend's while he was playing and I told him to try it and he did it too. I loved that minigame compared to the one bethesda uses now. It's actually hard so you cant just wing it with 9000 lockpicks.
>>
>>378902491
How does it work?
>>
>>378902491
If we're talking about traditional american door locks, that's pretty close.
>>
>>378902213
>Oblivion's lockpicking is the best that's ever been in a Bethesda game
>Still zero mods that change the other games to have Oblivion lockpicking
>>
>>378902583
Dying Light was another game I loved for the lockpicking system. It's definitely a 'git gud' sort of deal.

>>378902491
Depends on the lock tbqh.
>>
File: 1473652436035.gif (976KB, 375x431px) Image search: [Google]
1473652436035.gif
976KB, 375x431px
>>378885792
I'm embarrassed

But thank you!
>>
>>378885792
If I recall it's semi random but mostly just figuring out the right pattern. It's goofy but at least NPCS have different opinions of you.
>>
>tfw this and the lockpicking were dumped in Skyrim because idiots couldn't grasp the actual simplicity of them
>>
>>378903034

>ESO of all fucking things has the thing closest to Oblivion lockpicking
>>
>>378886750
I had a different problem, leveled up alchemy to max using farms. Then I became ridiculously overpowered at like level 3.
>>
File: 1365921647080.jpg (84KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1365921647080.jpg
84KB, 800x600px
this is you
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.