[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This has been sitting in my backlog for quite some time. Give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: Xenoblade_Chronicles.jpg (335KB, 1062x1498px) Image search: [Google]
Xenoblade_Chronicles.jpg
335KB, 1062x1498px
This has been sitting in my backlog for quite some time. Give me some good reasons as to why I should play it.
>>
You shouldn't unless you're really feeling it.
>>
>>378883902
It offers some of the most beautiful landscapes and music ever created in a video game. The game is pretty long (60 hours for the main story and can go until 100 hours if you want to complete it) because it has a lot of content. Characters have a great devellopement and no one is left behind.
>>
You should play it because it is a good game.
>>
>>378883902
Best game ever made. Play it.
>>
>>378883902
IT'S REYN TIME
>>
File: tumblr_ogfuv2PFuE1riuctjo1_540.png (60KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogfuv2PFuE1riuctjo1_540.png
60KB, 512x448px
I was in a similiar position about a year ago, sat down to play it and 3 days later I had completed the game. Haven't gone back to it yet, and I didn't 100% it, but the first playthrough was a very good time. Also a tip near the end is a boss with an arena resembling a stomach you have to play a mage (either the caster or the medic) for this part (her normal defense is stupid high).
>>
>tfw take for fucking ever to go anywhere since colony 9 has a gorillion quests
>by the time of the first invasion can kick enemies' shit in no problem because unintentionally grinded my ass ofd
>reach gaur plains
>"oi m8 you should visit our village ye?"
>colony 9 quest flashbacks
>drop the game
I wanna like it, but my autism won't let me
>>
>>378883902
Honestly I normally hate RPGs, especially eastern ones, but I really enjoyed XC. Played 3DS version.
>>
>>378885598
>played the 3ds version
son you fucked up
>>
>>378885453
>3 days later
Playing a jrpg for 16 hours a day is ruining it, you should've taken your time
>>
>>378885597
>not going full OCD and getting all achievements
Normie casual fuck off
>>
>>378883902
Make sure you use Melia when you get her. You'll have to watch a video on how to use her but she's pretty much the only character with decent AoE, which you need for a boss towards the end of the game.
>>
>>378885728
Not him but I have both versions and honestly see no problem with the 3DS one. Sure, the IR is lower, but if you don't care about graphics why give two shits?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170419_184530_01.png (448KB, 1167x698px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170419_184530_01.png
448KB, 1167x698px
>>378885852
>you'll have to watch a video how to play her
Or just fucking play her and learn how to use her instead of being a moron.
>>
>>378885957
Gonna be that guy. Dual audio.

>inb4 weeb
Say whatever you want, even if the noe voice acting is better than any noa attempt, it still pales in comparison to the original voice acting.
>>
File: meliaspoilerfree.jpg (86KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
meliaspoilerfree.jpg
86KB, 640x400px
>>378885986
>>378885852
or follow this chart which is spoiler free except what melia looks like
>>
>>378885986
Spot the nigger who doesn't actually play games and just shitposts on /v/.

If you actually played this game you'd know what I'm talking about.
>>
File: the perfect ass 2.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
the perfect ass 2.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>378883902
ass robots
>>
>>378885986
Not him, but they don't explain her mechanic well in game and it's easily the hardest to grasp out of every character.

Sure, he may be able to figure it out but when every character makes sense immediately and then one doesn't, he may write her off.

But who am I kidding? You probably only responded to post that image and are already long gone.
>>
>>378886452
Haha son I beat the game and used melia most often. Just because you're too retarded to play video games doesn't mean others are.

Bet you didn't know with summon aqua melia can be a hype healer, much better than sharla. And with riki in the part also she's basically untouchable. Give melia the art that sacrifices her health to heal and you'll keep the party alive forever. But no, everyone defaults to the summon bolt, rock, and ice. Those are all nice but melia has strength in her flexibility, allowing you to be creative in her build.
>>
Played the game in 2011, never listened to its music or watched videos of it again just so I could replay it when I forget most of it

Gonna be awesome
>>
>>378886427
Yes but the "release" mechanic is pretty easy to miss because the middle circle doesn't highlight, and if you mouse over it it explains her other special move.
>>
>>378886569
It takes like 5 minutes to understand her. If you want to get really good with her just mess around with her arts and spend a few minutes reading what they do. It's not hard to figure out.

>>378886427
Everyone always builds melia the same. Boring. She can be quite a creative build if you spend some time being unconventional.
>>
>>378883902
Great music, fun combat, each character can have several ways to use him and you can use all of them; this plus being able to use your own team makes for a very variate gameplay. If after some hours you get bored, you basically change character and it's very different. The story is good and unfolds slowly, which I think is good because the game is pretty long and feels like things actually do evolve. Most of the game consists in exploring big amazing scenarios, in some sense a bit like an offline MMORPG, so if you don't like that shit it might push you off. But if you like even a bit JPRGs, you must definetly try it.
>>
>>378886632
>Bet you didn't know...

You just ruined your own argument that her mechanic is self-explanatory and easy to understand, genius
>>
>>378887013
No I'm saying bet you didn't know because you watched a video, and all videos build her the same. I said bet you didn't know because you're a dumbass. I figured out all that stuff by myself, without internet guides. It's not difficult, but if you're too retarded to think for yourself I guess I can understand why you thought it was.
>>
MAGNIFICENT FOOTWORK
>>
>>378887154
Her healing is trash you idiot. You just get a big combo going and then apply a damage over time ability and run around trying not to die. You can kill most bosses in 1-2 chain attacks.
>>
>>378887498
Her heal cooldown is like a second so you can get off heals like nobody's business. She is by far a better healer than sharla, and with riki to cover for her minor weaknesses in healing compared to sharla (namely no party wide heals) then your party will never die.

It's easy to keep melia alive but sometimes keeping others in your party alive with the dumbshit ai can be a challenge. It's nice to mix it up sometimes, the added heal gives you the ability to take on much stronger enemies than usual. Of course her offensive power is strong, I'm not arguing against that. But by adding two simple arts (summon aqua and her heal), you make her a much more robust character that can handle a wider variety of situations. She's a flexible build, that's one of her great strengths.
>>
>>378885597
Some quests have different outcomes depending on your choices, which means you can't "truly" 100% everything.
>>
>>378887498
Don't forget that aqua heals slowly while summoned and drains health into melia when released, so having two aquas at once with her healing art can give her a large amount of healing in a short time span. It can be helpful to avoid some stronger future sight attacks, instead of warning someone about them and burning gauge.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.