[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Persona 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

>50 hours in
>recently completed the 4th palace
>just finished the scene at the beach
>romanced Ann (regrettably)
>3/4's in all skills
>most social links at rank 5/6

I'm starting to get pretty bored, /v/. Literally none of the choices you make impact the story in the slightest, the cat is annoying the living fucknuggets out of me ("just go to sleep") and the story is retreading the same plotpoints with every single palace while not adding anything new in.

Should I give up now, or soldier on through it? Does the game get better after a certain point?
>>
>>378876884
>caring about story in a persona game
>doesn't like ann
>hasn't finished a single social link yet
not gonna make it
>>
>literally none of the choices you make impact the story

Well, duh?

Is this your first jrpg?
>>
if you don't care about the story or characters or gameplay then stop playing

this shouldn't be hard
>>
midgame is the weakest part. just get through okumura palace and prepare yourself for the wild ride that occurs shortly after.
>>
>>378876884
>fucknuggets
>Regrets romancing any girl besides Makoto
>No S Links done by 4th palace
You must be 18 or older to post here
>>
I gave up mid-3rd palace. I don't know if the older Persona games were better than this, or if I just liked them more because I was a kid, but I just can't get into this one.

Also, I really hate the stealth mechanic. I know it's flavorful, but waiting until you can get the drop on every single enemy breaks up the action and just makes me bored. Or if I don't wait, then they all kill me with their first hit because I'm playing hard mode.
>>
>>378876884
not really, you're going to get more of the same. however, the 6th palace final bossfight has the best music in the game. maybe stay for that
>>
>>378876884
why don't you just sleep with the cat then
>>
>>378877383
>but waiting until you can get the drop on every single enemy
Just bumrush them from behind.
>>
>>378876884
>Does the game get better after a certain point?

no. its shit.
its really fucking gay and i regret buying it
>>
>>378876996
Are the games known for their particularly weak stories? I had heard they were pretty good for balancing mechanics and the storyline, hence why I picked it up and decided to give it a fair chance.

>>378877290
>"No S Links done by 4th palace"
I said I romanced Ann in the OP, are you blind?

>>378877383
Yeah. What pisses me off the most is when the game decides it's going to keep you locked into a week long cutscene, during which you can't level any skills up, spend time with confidants or even leave Leblanc to wander around.

>>378877578
Are the end-game pay-offs worth it? Like the mystery behind Morgana, the other mask-wearer and the role of the bald guy with glasses?
>>
Its not just you OP the story and cast were lackluster
>>
>>378876884
Persona games always drag at the middle, if you are not interestd in the story then drop it its the only thing getting some impact.
>>
If you didn't like the first 50 hours, you sure as hell aren't going to like the next 50 and will probably drop halfway through the 7th palace due to how tedious it is. I'm strongly considering not doing a NG+ run solely because of it.
>>
>>378878612
If you're not having fun then stop playing. Why do you play video games???

I enjoy the stories and the "MAD PLOT TWIST YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING" memetry, but not everyone does. The best plot in the series is definitely 3 though, and even that is very drawn out.
>>
>>378878938
>best plot in series is 3

Babbies who never played 1 and 2 please leave
>>
>>378878938
>The best plot in the series is definitely 3 though
Muh memento mori muh feels muh robot that learns how to love
>>
>>378879195
>1 and 2
>good in any way
No.

>>378879289
I do get that, but that really has so very little impact on the plot itself other than "muh symbolism" that it doesn't bother me.
>>
>>378879425
>I heard the games are bad so I'll just guard myself against them without forming my own opinion

Typical post-3 babby
>>
>>378879557
>I dont like the games
>LOL CLEARLY NEVER PLAYED THEM FUCKING BABBIES
:thinking:
>>
>>378879753
What's so bad about them, then?
>>
>>378879983
Mainly I've never liked the issymetrical or whatever it's called look of the games and especially the second one has such over-stylized characters that I cant take anyone seriously. Also they don't have social links, which is half the reason I like Persona in the first place.
>>
>>378880587
so you haven't played it. okay-
>>
>>378880725
?
>>
>>378880587
>second one has such over-stylized characters

Uh-huh
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (208KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
208KB, 1920x1080px
>>378880827
tell me you would see someone like this on the streets
>>
>>378880587
>half of the reason I like Persona is the dating sim
You could have just said that at the start
>>
This is how I felt playing Persona 3. Quit now, it won't get better. You'll want to another 50 hours doing something else.
>>
>>378880949
The only one dressed weirdly is Maya, the others seem normal.
>>
>>378880952
It's litterally half the game
>>
>>378878296
Then you need to wait until they turn their back on you. It's still waiting, and it still breaks up the game.

Maybe one day I'll switch the difficulty to normal and start again, but for now, I can't bring myself to play anymore.
>>
>>378878938
>The best plot in the series is definitely 3

That's not saying much.
>>
File: 1423351510601.png (196KB, 950x730px) Image search: [Google]
1423351510601.png
196KB, 950x730px
>>378880949
It's like you don't remember the nineties. Which is when the games take place.
>>
I was wondering when the contrarians would begin on this game. I guess they finally finished playing Nier Automata.
>>
File: Jerry why.jpg (27KB, 314x246px) Image search: [Google]
Jerry why.jpg
27KB, 314x246px
>>378879753
Why am I seeing fucking twitch emotes being used on /v/

This started like 2 weeks ago. Why can't you fucking newfags keep twitch on twitch
>>
>>378880949
1990s you retard
>>
>>378881139
True, in P3 and 4 shadows were usually slow enough that you could run right around them and while they reacted and turned around you'd hit them from behind.
>>
>>378880949
Also that's 2:EP. The third game in the series.

You keep proving beyond a doubt you haven't played the goddamn games and just parrot what other faggots told you
>>
>>378881314
Right, or if you used the right character and had good timing, you could get in a long range attack in P3.
>>
File: 1496352241278.png (238KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1496352241278.png
238KB, 512x512px
>>378876884
You fucked up your confidants pretty bad. You should have way more finished by now
>>
File: z10gOdi.png (949KB, 848x900px) Image search: [Google]
z10gOdi.png
949KB, 848x900px
>>
Am I alone in being really mad at how the twists after the sixth place were handled? It felt like there were so many convenient coincidences and it treated me like a retard. I knew since pancakes, but the game acts like nothing for 80 hours, then pulls a Heavy Rain on me.
>>
>>378876884
Here. Summarising video, you don't need to play anymore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSmsTOBwtiI
>>
>>378883759
Ok, can someone please tell me what the fuck pancakes is? I keep hearing it everywhere, but I don't care enough to actually play the stupid game and find out.
>>
>>378884620
Magical cat no one can understand unless they hear him talk in the game's alternate world mentions wanting to eat some pancakes in a conversation the detective was overhearing from around a corner and when he talks with them he makes a reference to them wanting to eat pancakes, unaware that this was said by the cat he wasn't supposed to have understood. Months later when he joins the party he pretends to have heard the cat for the first time and lies about how much time he's had access to the alternate world.
>>
>>378876884
>romanced kawakami
>regret it
>can't be best buds with my teach anymore

I wanna go back.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.