[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled. Is it really that good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Bloodborne-cover-819x1024.jpg (308KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne-cover-819x1024.jpg
308KB, 819x1024px
Now that the dust has settled. Is it really that good?
>>
File: 1464783670080.jpg (529KB, 800x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1464783670080.jpg
529KB, 800x1133px
>>378873150

Best game i've played all gen, possibly ever.

And i've played most of the good ones that have released so far (BoTW, Nier, Persona 5, Yakuza, Witcher 3).
>>
>>378873150
Yup
>>
It's a really good game, top tier.
But it is slightly overrated.
>>
>>378873150
it's goat with its expansion, it's pretty good without
>>
It's a 2 year old PS4 exclusive and it's still one of the more talked about/loved games on /v/.

Even diehard PCbros have pretty much stopped shitting on it

>inb4 the "10 day platinum" fag
>>
>>378873150
Honestly, das3 was better
>>
>>378873150
I will fully admit I was kinda disappointed with this at first. Then the twist happened and I perked up. Played through it again and loved it. Got the DLC, and it easily became one of my favorite games of all time. I do understand why people aren't fans though, I just think they're wrong now.
>>
I still can't turn the game on without needing to gush about some aspect of the game to anyone nearby so yeah.

It's just sad that all the actual talent at From was channeled into the Japan Studio collab while DS3 got all the scraps. And then Miyazaki came on halfway through when his plan was always to focus on newer things at the same time.
>>
>>378873150
It's the edge lords bible.

Since it was ps4 exclusive it could not generate enought fandom to be hated by all the contrarians around here.

The combat is also nice if you like to turn your head of and not be punished for 70iq kind of battle mentality. You get even rewarded for it. Niceee.
>>
File: 1475177639763.jpg (107KB, 831x961px) Image search: [Google]
1475177639763.jpg
107KB, 831x961px
what's so good about bb in particular? I'm just done with Rom but it's still a really good game
>>
>>378873150
Yes. The only shortcoming is that beasthood was never fully realized. Bloodborne's "hollow state" should have had you roiding out as a werewolf and not being able to cure yourself without a high cost. Beasthood being a mere combo meter and a single weapon was a huge disappointment.
>>
>>378873150
Yeah. Fuck, this was my game of 2014.
>>
>>378874756
Heh.

Why do the playstation exclusive Souls have the best meme communities?
>>
>>378873150
Base game no, with DLC absolutely
>>
File: 1473480117676.png (5KB, 116x51px) Image search: [Google]
1473480117676.png
5KB, 116x51px
>>378875470
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPjJCVylFBo

no idea
>>
>>378875470
>Why do the playstation exclusive Souls have the best meme communities?
DeS community became pure cancer year after das release because every decent person moved there
Shame, I still remembered time when maiden wasn't even THAT circlejerking popular and everyone liked Yuria more
Or when people considered Yurt shit character
>>
By far the best Darkey Soulsa styled game.
>>
>>378873581
I think DaS3 gets a lot of unfair hate here and it is definitely not as bad as DaS2

But to put it above BB is going to far.
>>
>>378873150
No.

It's a souls game, so that makes it better than many other games, but it doesn't have any of the magic of DS1. Instead it opts for predictable level design and a novel aesthetic. What you'll find is that the root of the praise is the fact that all gamers really care about is aesthetic.
>>
>>378875848
DaS2 was decent game
DaS3 is uninspired shitshow without anything good about it
PC meme "everyboss should be arthorias" really killed series, but it wasn't even biggest das3 problem
>>
>>378873150
It's ass. If you like artificial difficulty and doing the same shit over and over you might like it.
>>
>>378874756
I laughed at the pic. Would "Haha" react to your post if I could.
>>
>>378873150
It's good but has its fair share of shortcomings, and is overrated and shitposted as well.

Depending on what exactly you mean with 'THAT good', the answer can be both 'yes' and 'no'.
>>
>>378873150
Yes, assuming were talking about the full package with the DLC.
>>
>>378873150
Still the only good new IP Sony has produced this gen.
>>
>>378876034
Man you have shit taste.
>>
>>378873150
Yeah
You've played it right?
>>
>>378873150
I love the weapon transformations and the fact that gear doesn't weigh anything. Plus the combat being more focused on offense than defense was a nice change of pace. I didn't like the gun parries very much, it was a cool idea but it was inconsistent what was vulnerable to the gun parries and what wasn't.
>>
>>378876034
You could stop at "DaS3 is uninspired." It's fine but it doesn't have anything weird about it. It's just Dark Souls at its most polished, which appeals to many people. DaS2 is fine, but probably the least refined of the games, so that even some of the really cool choices get bogged down.

I think you have to take into consideration the whole polish aspect. Even though DS3 is totally uninspired it sort of is a better game than DS2 just because it's so well polished.
>>
>>378873150
Yes if it's your first soulsborne game.
Otherwise no. It gets boring.
>>
>>378879116
>das and das3
>polished
Look at the fucking des and bloodborne if you want to see polished games
Miyazaki literally stopped giving a fuck halfway through das and didn't even tried with das3
>>
>>378873150

It had some pretty good ideas and some pretty bad / poorly implemented ones. How much you like it Depends on what kind of shit you value more in a game.

The setting was kind of cool, but didn't really hold my interest much. Insight seemed like it could have been worth more than it was. Transforming weapons were cool but still limited to when you want to time your light or heavy attack. Gems and glyphs could have been cool but the way they were implemented kinda blew ass.

All in all I had a decent time with it, but it just wasn't much more fun to play than the other souls games for me.
>>
>>378873150
It was an okay game, overall. It was short, had good music, good designs, story is ambiguous as shit and the aliens was an okay twist.

If you want to make a short and decent game, Bloodborne is a good example of how to do it.
>>
>>378879334
>didn't even tried with das3
Watch what you say, DaS3 is polished to the point where it's obnoxious; even non-reflective surfaces are extremely shiny.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.