[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls 1 is a fine example of artificial difficulty: the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Sens_fortress_interior.jpg (363KB, 800x488px) Image search: [Google]
Sens_fortress_interior.jpg
363KB, 800x488px
Dark Souls 1 is a fine example of artificial difficulty: the game. All the "hard" sections are only difficult because they make the player walk on thin ledges and platforms. Notice how no one ever faces any problems in sections with plenty of area like Undead burg or Anor Londo. It's because fighting enemies with fixed attack patterns is extremely easy and you can roll through everything.
People love to bash Dark Souls 2 and 3 but at least they tried to make the game difficult through the enemies, and not shoddy level design.
>>
Why not come up with an original shitpost
>>
>>378865938
sens fortress wasn't even hard you retard
>>
>>378865938
Dark Souls 2 and 3 is a fine example of artificial difficulty: the game. All the "hard" sections are only difficult because they make the player fight difficult enemies. Notice how no one ever faces any problems in sections with interesting level design wich requires spatial reasoning. It's because fighting enemies on large flat floors is extremely easy and you can roll through everything.
People love to bash Dark Souls 1 but at least they tried to make the game difficult through the enviroment, and not shoddy enemy design.
>>
>>378866603
Christ almighty. Stop posting.
>>
>>378865938
>People love to bash Dark Souls 2 and 3
Next time play the souls games in order of release you casualized baby
>>
>>378867217
But I did. And I found Dark Souls 2 to be a much more varied and creative game than the first one. From relied way too much on narrow platforms for DkS1, maybe because they didn't have a lot of development time.
>>
Dark souls 1 feels like a confused game. It doesn't know whether it wants to be an action RPG or a platformer. You may not like the sequels, but at least the developers knew what they were doing.
>>
>>378865938
git gud
>>
>>378867890
You are retarded
>>
>>378865938
>crying over sen's fortress
what is this, 2011?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.