[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say what you want, but this is THE balldroppiest ball drop. It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 34

File: wall2-1024x768.jpg (730KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
wall2-1024x768.jpg
730KB, 1024x768px
Say what you want, but this is THE balldroppiest ball drop. It was supposed to save RTS from MOBAs, but it basically killed the genre instead.
>>
The campaign is fun at least
>>
Its about damn time
>>
*blocks your path*
>>
File: $Supply_Depot.png (7KB, 133x103px) Image search: [Google]
$Supply_Depot.png
7KB, 133x103px
>>378859503
Shiet
>>
>>378858989
Too bad the story went to shit
>>
Can't disagree there. What's worse is that it was not only shit, but it also tried to kill off Brood War.

I've already filed the SC2 campaigns into the same section of my brain that holds Star Wars I-III and VIII-onward : bad fanfiction
>>
File: 1476805604681.gif (2MB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
1476805604681.gif
2MB, 450x337px
>>378859991
>ghost tassadar
>zerg wuz good bois
>just reinfect my shit up
>primal zerg planet nonsense
>I must go my planet needs me
>duran is a xel'naga

I just can't.
>>
>>378860958
>duran is a xel'naga
this one makes sense
it was already heavily implied in brood war
>xel'naga created protoss and zerg for mysterious purposes
>one is "purity of essence", one is "purity of form"
>mysterious possibly alien mofo shows up and starts trying to hybridize them
it was already my headcanon desu
>>
>>378861451
How do Humens fit in all this?
>>
>>378861642
maybe we're the xel'naga ;)
but for real, I like to think of Terrans as getting caught up in all this by chance, just a really unfortunate place to put space australia
>>
File: 1367890662919.jpg (20KB, 334x393px) Image search: [Google]
1367890662919.jpg
20KB, 334x393px
>>378860958
the "we must band together" and space jesus does it for me. same plot as warcraft 3.
>>
>>378861642

who man?
>>
>>378863279
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHxyZaZlaOs
RIP
>>
>>378860958
>ghost tassadar
Was a trick by Xel'Naga. Tass is dead as shit.
>zerg wuz good bois
Just like the Orcs in WC3.
>primal zerg planet nonsense
Like the Draenei in Burning Crusade.

Blizzard has always sucked at trying to expand lore.
>>
>>378861642
They are a race that had no xel'naga influence or interference, Terrans are just the unfortunate sons of bitches who where dues-vaulted off into a colony headed towards nowhere, That crash landed on the most inhospitable part of the galaxy and caught in the middle of a war between two artificial races who are supposed to be representations of perfection of Substance and Form,

Earth is in a pretty good place atm, But they cant really do shit about the Protoss and Zerg since it takes forever to mobile any forces over there.
>>
>>378865441
The UED was the dominant force in the sector once they bothered to show up. They captured the Overmind and more than held their own against the Protoss, and it would've probably remained that way if Kerrigan wasn't the cunning mad cunt she is.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeYGJrnuook

B R A V O
B L I Z Z A R D
>>
i pirated it and I still feel robbed.
>>
File: raynor portrait sc1.gif (78KB, 60x56px) Image search: [Google]
raynor portrait sc1.gif
78KB, 60x56px
>>378866429
>He died because you betrayed him. How many more noble souls do you need to consume before you're satisfied? How many more innocent people have to die before you realize what you've become?
>I'll see you dead for this, Kerrigan. For Fenix, and all the others who got caught between you and your mad quest for power.
>It may not be tomorow, darlin', it may not even happen with an army at my back. But rest assured; I'm the man who's gonna kill you one day.
#notmyjimmy
>>
SC2 is great though, maybe get out of bronze lmao
>>
>>378867256

how is that e-sport scene going blizz? Still as dead ?
>>
>>378866184
The Expeditionary Fleet was doomed to fail, Being far too optimistic and overconfident as a single strike force against 3 already established factions, Needing to use a wildcard such as the Zerg against the Protoss,

The force was clearly not enough to handle Protoss, When they should've did things more discreetly and formed their own version of the golden armada to takeover the Dominion then focus on the Protoss.
>>
>tfw RTS is dead.
>>
>>378867492
I disagree. The Expeditionary Fleet was a huge success, controlling the majority of Zerg forces and handily putting down Dominion resistance.
I think it's unfair to paint the use of the Overmind as a "wild card" when it worked fantastically, when even getting to that point in the first place is a fantastic show of force, going straight to Char and running that shit. The Protoss are broken, Auir is lost. The UED had shit on lock, and only needed to await further reinforcement from Earth. Kerrigan is THE reason that didn't happen.
>>
>Blizz knocked off Kerrigan and Raynor, introduced new antagonist leaders for Protoss and Zerg
>UED is on speed dial, with Stukov primed to be a conflicted protagonist
>Selendis or Alarak are on deck for a Protoss mission pack, with either of them being up and ready to fight the UED

The Epilogue probably did the story a massive favor, come to think.
>>
>>378859609
It was never good.
>>
>>378869732

The Nova ending text implied they were done with the game and it's been a long time without mention of mission packs.

How well did the Nova stuff even see?
>>
>>378866184
also keep in mind that they didn't bring any advanced technology with them so it wouldn't get captured by the enemy. A wise decision.
>>
>>378870805
I actually haven't finished it, got the first three missions done but I need to go back and finish them. I don't particularly care for Nova's character but the story didn't seem bad, and the missions weren't bad.
>>
>>378871230

They brought some along. Some merc units in SC2 are supposed to be using UED tech and they brought along advanced enough computers that they easily hacked Dominion data bases and figured out how to control the overmind easily.
>>
It even killed brood war too
>>
>>378871230
Fairly sure Marauders were based on UED prototypes, and Vikings on the Valkyries. And loke >>378871526 said, a couple of the Terran Merc units (The BC and Goliaths, at least) were former UED.
>>
So how did they massively fuck up in making SC2 the definitive esports game when they already had a massive following from Brood War?
>>
It was the last time they spoke as friends
>>
>>378871781
Engine changes, on top of actually trying to cater to E-Sports this time around.
>>
>>378871526
>>378871764
Alright, I must've remembered it wrong then. Maybe it was just their bigger ships they didn't bring along or something. Ever since Heart of the Swarm I stopped giving a fuck about SC lore.
>>
>>378871781

I know fuck all about eSports but complaints I've heard

>All units and superior path finding turn the game into death balling.
>Game was poorly balanced until Lotv
>Blizzard tried to own too much of the scene.
>>
>>378872121

The story is

>UED uses same units as Terrans in the Koprulu sector despite them having no interruptions in tech development and having more resources so they should be hundreds of years more advanced. This for gameplay balance obviously.
>People ask Metzen what the in universe reason was.
>Metzen says it's because they were just a small force, they didn't bring their "big guns" and just took over local production (like the mission to steal Dominion Battle Crusiers)
>>
>>378858895
Maybe you cucks shouldn't have invented Mobas by modding wc3
>>
>>378872121
LotV was actually pretty good in terms of lore, if you're into noblebright stuff. Artanis is a cool dude, Alarak is the best character in SC2 (Except maybe WoL Horner or Abathur), and 'Fenix' was handled surprisingly well.

The UED is supposed to have some top notch stuff though, on top of being completely against cybernetics. It could even be assumed that they have better Psionics, which means the Protoss can have a proper rival if Earth decides to stop by again en masse.
>>
>>378872020
>on top of actually trying to cater to E-Sports this time around
Kinda funny too since Brood War was not at all designed to be a competitive game and yet it ended up being a better game for esports.
>>
>>378871781
too many of the units were Egg laying wool/milk giving Pigs.
For instance protoss gets a high damage aoe unit that also has high mobility.
Or terra get medivacs that give great mobility to units but also heals them.
>>
>>378872648

IIRC, books said psychics are all Koprulu. The crimes that got humans sent out to Space Austraila was gene manipluation. Some of the people sent out had small signs of psyonic potential that they believed would mutate into usable levels after enough generations passed.
>>
>>378858895
FUCK YOU WINGS OF LIBERTY IS THE BEST STAR CRAFT GAME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I DIDN'T EVEN BUY LEGACY OF THE SHIT. DON'T GIVE A FUCK.

MOBAS WERE NOT EVEN A THING WHEN IT CAME OUT MINUS A FEW FAGGOTS PLAYING EARLY DAY LEAGUE AND DOTA
>>
>>378870751
IT WAS GOOD IN WINGS OF LIBERTY YOU FUCK
>>
>>378873006

Is this supposed to be bait?
>>
>>378872867
How did they get their hands on Ghosts, then? Think they kept around some of the less spliced ones to weaponize them later?
>>
>>378873126
NO ITS NOT BAIT

WINGS OF LIBERTY HAD IT ALL... EVEN A FUCKING JUKEBOX

SHOT GUN

ZERG

(YOU)

I GOT A ZEEEEEEERG AND A SHOT GUN AND IMA BRINGIN EM HOME TO (YOU)
>>
>>378873253

That or they just took some of the local ones. Maybe Duran's forces or mercs?
>>
>>378872531
Ah yes, that's the bit I was remembering.
>>
>>378873253
>How did they get their hands on Ghosts, then?
ghosts are brainwashed and have implants that make them easy to control
>>
>>378873380
That's much more likely, though Stukov himself was a ghost, wasn't he?
>>
>>378873543
only the in game unit that represented stukov was a ghost. He himself wasn't one.
>>
>>378873543

Him having ghost capabilities was never mentioned or shown. They likely just picked the ghost model because they couldn't be arsed to make a new model just for him and all human non mech hero units in SC1 aside from Raynor were ghosts so they just picked a ghost model.
>>
>>378873698
>>378873731
My bad, thought him being a Ghost was one of the reasons he got infected.
>>
>blaming MOBAs for the downfall of RTS
I laugh everytime.
>>
>>378860958
>>primal zerg planet nonsense
Primal Zergs were okay, but they fucked up by making them just skins of the actual zergs race.

In W3 you have the 5th race played by the nagas, and they were pretty unique.

They even failed to do that in SC2.
>>
>>378873927
That's because Naga WERE going to be a fifth playable race, but was cut. Can't remember why, balance probably.
>>
>>378874060
fifth? who the fuck were the forth? Last one I purchased was heart of the swarm - shit was bad. Wings of liberty was the last good star craft.
>>
File: alarak_by_tiodor-d9uoduh.png (631KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
alarak_by_tiodor-d9uoduh.png
631KB, 700x700px
>>378874227
Nigga stop trying to bait and read.
>>
>>378873927
desu each coop commander is kind of their own "race" desu
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>378859609
Tell me about it.

>>378873927
The original zergs were larvae. Read SC1 game manual.

>>378874227
He's talking about WC3 you nerd. HoTS is by far the worst of the series in terms of campaign, LoTV campaign is much more interesting and the unit choices matter more. The Coop missions are also fun.
>>
>>378874227
In the case you are not baiting.
W3 had 4 playable races.
>>378874060
I just hate that primal zergs were just green recolors instead of interesting new monsters. Same with Hybrids. 3 games and only two version of them.

Why are they so lazy?
>>
>>378864195
Orcs could at least claim they were mind controlled by demons. They'd still be wrong as every single thing they've done wrong after the third war is 100% their fault but for the worst shit they've done they didn't have control over their actions for. Zerg don't have that. The entirety of the Great Wars and Brood Wars were because the zerg's only purpose is corrupting and devouring all before them. Orcs at least have civilization of their own, they make something of worth on occasion, zerg are just monsters biologically designed to kill everything out of the Overmind's instinct or Kerrigan's powerlust.
>>
>>378874562
>two version of them.
melee hybrid
ranged hybrid
big ranged hybrid
big melee hybrid
flying hybrid

but i understand what you are trying to say
>>
>>378874562
>3 games and only two version of them
3, actually, you have some advanced caster-hybrid in LoTV.

> primal zergs were just green recolors instead of interesting new monsters
I hate the primal zergs in general. Primal zergs should be some larvae waggling around, nothing more. I also hate the whole stuff about "essence". You're spammed with it until the end of the zerg campaign.
>>
Just play Warcraft III until Warcraft IIII comes out.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (128KB, 1594x997px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
128KB, 1594x997px
>>378859609
At the very least it had a few enjoyable parts.
>>
>>378874562
Co-op missions actually had a flying Hybrid variant, and it's somewhat logical that there wouldn't be many variants with their supposed rarity. Primals were just flat underwhelming outside of a couple big ones.
>>
>>378874437

Only Stukov really.
>>
SC2 was great, its downfall was entirely Blizzard not knowing how competitive gaming works.
>>
>>378874513
>established canon: original zerg created from a bug on planet Zerus, from where they spread an, assimilating other forms from other planets
>SC2: nah senpai, they're all from Zerus and the Zerg were already Zerg before they got all Zergy but they weren't quite as Zergy because reasons and also they're dinosaurs kind of
it's a total mess, it doesn't make any fucking sense
>>
>>378875030
Dark Eldar copypaste
He's good, but not enough to save the franchise
>>
>>378875176
It's somewhat possible that the 'Primal' Zerg are just the Xel'naga prototypes they created until they got to the 'normal' zerg, and the explanation was merely lost in translation.
>>378875247
t. Someone who doesn't know shit about the DEldar.
>>
>>378860958
>>zerg wuz good bois
I don't get this complaint. Yeah they retconned the origins of the Zerg. But where do they ever say the Zerg weren't responsible for all the destruction they caused?
>>
>>378861642
I cant remeber if was Duran ofr Amon that calls the terran 'the product of a failed cycle'
>>
File: Dehaka_SC2-HotS_Story1.jpg (81KB, 800x564px) Image search: [Google]
Dehaka_SC2-HotS_Story1.jpg
81KB, 800x564px
>>378874562
Yeah they really should have put more effort into the Primal Zerg. I liked the designs of the few original ones they had. They were a neat Idea but poorly implemented.
>>
File: 1474034149884.gif (83KB, 379x387px) Image search: [Google]
1474034149884.gif
83KB, 379x387px
>Company of Heroes 2 was shit
>Dawn of War 2 was shit
>Starcraft 2 was shit
>Dawn of War 3 was shit

Why did everybody forget how to make good RTS?
>>
You cant save a genre once something that provides a similar but simpler experience comes along. Why would anyone go back to higher stress higher complexity gameplay in RTS when they can enjoy competetiveness, with more players and friends at once, and simpler skill requirements for entry in MOBAs?

Same as what happened to MMOs.
>>
>>378858895
Skill floor too high, new players couldn't play for shit so they just gave up completely.
>>
>>378875928

Easy.

You don't have to play with retards in RTSs
>>
>>378875339
>It's somewhat possible that the 'Primal' Zerg are just the Xel'naga prototypes
no it isn't
Since the Overlord attacked the Xel Naga ship and took all the Zerg with him.
>>
>>378875663
>Xel'naga go to Earth and try to 'uplift' monkeys
>Creates humans
>Humans do their natural 'Humanity Fuck Yeah' business, Xel'naga lose control, chalk it up as a failure and move on
>Humanity STILL rolls into their sandbox and fucks their sand castles up

TERRANS STRONK
>>
I just stick to Brood War and pic related with friends. Goblins are best race.
>>
>>378875247
>Taldarim
>Dark eldar
you don't know shit son
>>
File: emperormetzen.jpg (25KB, 300x382px) Image search: [Google]
emperormetzen.jpg
25KB, 300x382px
>>378858895
Blizzjews don't realize use map settings and the custom games made the game blow up. They tried to jewify the custom games and fucked the game beyond repair.
>>
>>378873881
Explain SupCom 2, End of Nations fuckup and C&C 4.
>>
>>378875784
So what is a good RTS to you senpai?

Whatever you want, a third of the people in this thread will hate.

What should developers do then?
Cater to a niche market? So they sell 10k copies?
Or cater to a casual market? So the game is shit, but it sells 30k copies?
>>
the leads killed C&C. Makes sense that their next target was SC and therefore RTS itself
>>
>>378876881
Devs trying to cash in on what's popular instead of being innovative and/or trying to improve what they already have.
>>
>>378858989
WoL was excellent.
HotS sucked.
LotV was so forgettable I'm legit not even sure I played it
>>
>>378875535

They outright say "Amon did it" and "the zerg shouldn't be to blame."
>>
File: 128445267.png (184KB, 299x392px) Image search: [Google]
128445267.png
184KB, 299x392px
>>378858895
people usually complain that DotA killed RTS
>RTS killed themselves by focusing to much in the e-sport rather than the casual player who want to make tanks and kill a million of zerlings while feeling badass about it.
>you can't even put cheat codes when playing against the AI in sc2, no fun allowed
>too much focus in APM than strategy. The faster will always beat the slower in this game
>they killed the mod community because they were afraid of a second coming of Dota.
>no IP matches because they were afraid of piratefags.
They killed themselves. Stop blaming MOBAS for their own doom.
>>
>>378875116
their greedy powergrab really bit them in the ass. Hope they're happy with the results
>>
>>378875030
>>378874317
best character in the game
>>
>>378877341
No they didn't. The Overmind vision was literally him saying "I'm going to fuck up the Protoss so the Xel'naga can't fuck me up later".
>>
Lets not forget the "three separate chapters at full price" jewery.
>>
File: tuzemo1_1280.gif (2MB, 812x720px) Image search: [Google]
tuzemo1_1280.gif
2MB, 812x720px
>>378859609
Too bad you have shit taste Anon
>>
>>378858895
Unless you were Korean, Starcraft 2 is a much more playable game.

I don't understand why /v/ suddenly hates it, I was super into Starcraft 2 when it came out, and I still get into it every few seasons. It's basically the same game as Starcraft 1 only much more playable. You so much more macro control, you don't have to worry about every single unit and every single building, you can hotkey all of that up and build massive armies easily, which allows you to focus much more on microing and having good engagements. Not only that, the ladder system is great. In Starcraft 1, you just played against random people who 99% of the time were way better than you and you always got slaughtered.

is it as fun to watch? Maybe not, but it's a lot more fun to play.
>>
>>378877963
>It's basically the same game as Starcraft 1
it isn't
>>
File: 1807_tc.jpg (8KB, 200x144px) Image search: [Google]
1807_tc.jpg
8KB, 200x144px
>>378875784
>Dawn of War 3 was shit

This nerd...
>>
>>378878182
>improved movement, mapping and being able to select more units is a bad thing
>improving the game is not good!
>>
>>378876071
Fun fact, "retards" are where all the money and population is.
Businesses do everything they can to hook retards in.
>>
>>378877963
>which allows you to focus much more on microing and having good engagement
no because 80% of the time the superior movement mechanic does a much better job at microing then you ever could.
It is basically a game that plays itself.
>>
>>378878182
>3 races
>Land and air units
>Units that can only attack land, can only attack air, and can attack both
>Units that have special abilities
>Use minerals and gas to build up bases
>Use those bases to build armies to destroy the other team's bases

I know you just read the first sentence and decided to respond, but please read it all in the future
>>
>>378878279
>being able to select more units is a bad thing
yes it is they could have used unlimited unit selection back in the day too but they decided to don't do it because it would've destroyed the game.
>>
>>378878279
That's not bad per se, it's bad because they put those things without addressing the issues they would bring into the game.
If you give all those QoL improvements to the game without doing anything to paliate the obvious consequences -death ball syndrome being the most obvious- the game will suffer.
>>
>>378877963
Starcraft 2 lost a lot of goodwill because of a few things.

>The story went from bad to worse, pissed a lot of people who play the game for the campaigns.
>Promised to get another super-balanced Starcraft, 7 years later and the game is still ot up to everyone's tastes.
>All other RTS games died in the mean-time, so a lot of people have nothing to do but shit on it.
>The game simply got old. No game should drag on for 7 years like this.

These factors together ended up making the God's grace into Devil's spawn.
>>
File: 1473653248750.gif (42KB, 450x492px) Image search: [Google]
1473653248750.gif
42KB, 450x492px
>>378858895
Fuck you OP, WoL was great and delivered exactly the kind of experience I wanted and expected from Blizzard.

My only disappointment with it is the model they took of releasing three separate games instead of one. Doing that changed and staggered the metagame so much to the point where people weren't engaged with it as much as people were with years and years of BW. Aside from that I have zero complaints, even with the shitty story which I can just write off as being on the same level as a popcorn blockbuster movie at the end of the day.
>>
>>378875030
>I am altering the deal.Pray i don't alter it any further
>>
>>378878354
then red alert 2 is also starcraft 1
>>
>>378878297

Well, yeah. The thing is that they're fickle as fuck.
>>
>>378878321
That's not true at all though. Retards get slaughtered in Starcraft 2 because they just attack click and walk into death.

I play terran and retards always walk into my siege tanks and go "WHAT THE FUCK HOW IS YOUR ARMY SO MUCH STRONGER THAN MINE!?!?!" because they didn't bother to tread carefully and work around the siege tanks.

Again, play starcraft 1 multiplayer and tell me it's more fun.

>>378878438
Maybe for the pro leagues, but as a person just playing multiplayer it fucking sucks. It's not only that you can't select your army to move it across the map, but you have to manually click all of the buildings do build something, you have to manually tell every worker to start collecting minerals, you have no idea where your destination points are of your units, so you have to keep track of all of that.

There's 10,000 people playing starcraft 2 right now, there's like 30 people playing starcraft 1 right now, there's a reason for that.
>>
>>378878559
I've never played Red Alert 2, but if it's what I described, then they sound very similar.
>>
>>378878632
Precisely, but there's pretty much always more money in trying to hook new retards than staying loyal to old purists.
>>
>>378875784
Stop letting this shithole dictate your opinions you retarded fucking sheep.
>>
>>378867058
Starcraft 2 is non-canon in my eyes. It shits on the bleakness that was Brood War.

Now since Metzen is gone Blizzard should consider making a proper sequel.
>>
>>378877963
Starcraft 2 lost me when the overall meta between the factions stayed mostly the same even when LotV hit. Contrast that with Brood War where your overall strategy could be different because of some new thing coming to light or some gook all the way in Korea is doing some crazy ass shit as Terran that everyone is trying to emulate.
>>
I've been playing SCBW for the past week or so and I must say I'm enjoying the small engagements much more. The game isn't decided at the first engagement because (at least for terran) there is a tangible defender's advantage when you combine mines + siege tanks + bad enemy pathing.
As long as you are on equal economical footing with the enemy you can always come back even if you lose a large part of your army
>>
>>378877196
more like
>publishers forcing devs to adopt retarded MOBA mechanics because suits are clueless
>>
>>378878930
I'm not arguing that the pro-scene is better in Starcraft 2. I agree, Starcraft 1 games are a lot more exciting to watch because there's such a higher skill cap for the game. Starcraft 2 is just more fun to play because it is more accessible.
>>
>>378878668
>Again, play starcraft 1 multiplayer and tell me it's more fun.
I played it for 10 years it is more fun.
>Retards get slaughtered in Starcraft 2 because they just attack click and walk into death.
wow that is so much micro. Oh no you don't need any micro because the Tanks automatically spread their damage equally on all enemies and there is no overkill like in Sc1.
>so you have to keep track of all of that.
oh no I have to actually keep track of things in a game
>there's like 30 people playing starcraft 1 right now, there's a reason for that.
not true
>>
File: Double-facepalm.jpg (68KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
Double-facepalm.jpg
68KB, 800x640px
>>378878559
>>378878723
You should seriously consider going back to neofag
>>
>>378879162
I'm talking about at this instant in time.

Also, every time I played Starcraft 1 multiplayer, it was pretty much 99% meme games or 4v4 Fastest, with like 1% actual 1v1 games.
>>
>>378878965
Some things about your post
1: Mission AI is terrible. Their attacks are tiny and weak. Play a custom map once and you will see that the AI is capable of being a truly horrendous fuck.
2: you are never on equal econ with the computer, it gets free resources sporadically, you can never defeat the enemy computer on grounds of an economic victory

That said, it is very fun, small engagements feel skirmishy and like a proper war. wars are never about just throwing infinite resources into something and going at it, you chip away the enemy until they can't keep up anymore, and the campaign ai does a good job of emulating this
>>
>>378879303
Oh I forgot to add this, I've been playing against other players exclusively. Sorry about that.
>>
>>378859609
>raynor saving kerrigan: good
>kerrigan getting magically uninfested: bad
>mengsk getting his due: good
>hybrid shit: full retard
>>
>>378879229
Sorry I friend, I guess I need to play every game ever made to not be accused of being an idiot on 4chan. I'll have to try harder in the future, thanks! :)
>>
>>378877441
>they killed the mod community
I don't understand how. From what I've seen SC2's modtools are pretty damn nifty, to the point someone recreated Diablo 1 with SC2's engine. Was it something other than the tools?
>>
>>378879491
>raynor saving kerrigan
>good
>>
>>378879303
Bullshit, AI in campaign was hard as fuck. I am not noob - I used to play Halo Wars 1 and 2 a lot, and was v good at them.
Thankfully, Jizzard listened to me and made new campaigns accessible to people who are not losers and have a life (and an XBox).
>>
Bad RTS didn't kill the RTS genre. Bad FPS come out literally every year, the genre is still alive and well. People just got from MOBAs what they wanted from RTS this entire time, only the very few people who still wanted to do massive micromanagement and make small armies still play RTS.
>>
>>378879494
You are akin to neckbeards who only watch capeshit, but make sweeping claims like cinema gurus without even knowing resource mechanics in one of the best RTS.
>>
>>378875784
wargame and total war

inb4 ITS NOT MY HIGHLY SPECIFIC DEFINITION OF RTS
>>
>>378879590
there are more fps player so even bad fps can break even. same thing isnt the case for rts.
>>
>>378879819
You sound like a fucking retard who posts on /tv/, therefore your opinion can be immediately discarded.

How are those cunny threads going?
>>
>>378879263
just because you have no idea how to play Starcraft 1 mp doesn't mean there isn't a way to play it. For instance iCCup
>>
File: 24fgp01.jpg (16KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
24fgp01.jpg
16KB, 288x499px
>>378879590
>planetary annihilation failed so hard there will never be another TA-like RTS
>>
>>378879560
she should have died, but been redeemed somehow
>>
>>378875784
Play Men of War and Syrian Warfare you mong.
>>
>>378879526

>He doesn't know.
>>
I remember being at summer camp when this came out, one of the counselors had his laptop with him, and bought the game the day it came out.

he spent the afternoon and most of the night in his tent crying softly
>>
>>378880084
I do not know. Please enlighten me.
>>
File: 1474558275217.gif (348KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
1474558275217.gif
348KB, 350x233px
Esports was a mistake.
>>
>>378879526
>I don't understand how.
Ignorance is bliss anon.
>>
>>378871230

Mah nigga!

The UED battle plan was to procure any and all weapons on site.
>>
File: 1494983959277.png (50KB, 245x237px) Image search: [Google]
1494983959277.png
50KB, 245x237px
>>378879932
>Uber enterainment
Fuck those guys so hard. First they drop the ball with SMNC and then they fuck over Planetary Annihilation. Hopefully they went under by now.
>>
>>378875784
dawn of war 2 and company of heroes 2 were great. if what's your opinion of a good RTS then?
>>
File: 1496340921208.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1496340921208.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
Starcraft 2 has no fucking soul

Listen to the difference between SC1 and SC2 it's fucking night and day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVqXE0kkDsA

Also Warp Gates are the worst design decision of all time
>>
>work in esports for 7 years
>realize i hate all the drama and cunts acting petty

I just want some good starcraft, man.
>>
>>378880756
>tfw metzen got old
>>
>>378880756
new gauss rifles sound like shit, and the lack of "OH YEAH" for stims is super disappointing, but the death sounds are just fine.
>>
>>378858895
>sc2
>save RTS from MOBAs
MOBAs barely existed when sc2 was released
>>
>>378880932
I seriously want off this ride right fucking now
everyone who made blizzard great either stopped caring, left or both
>>
>>378880756
The problem with sc2 vs bw sounds is that bw sounds are super crisp and clear - you know exactly what's going on just by listening, whereas in sc2 it's all a jumple of very good, but ultimately blended and unrecognnizable sounds.
>>
>>378874864
>IIII
>>
At least SC2 is a good game

Diablo 3 sold a lot, yet killed the whole franchise.
>>
>>378880149

A)Blizzard owns everything you make with it so modders would rather do shit in other games in case they make something that they could like enough to make from scratch in an indie game.
B)Content browser only shows you what's already popular and makes finding new shit needlessly difficult.
>>
File: 1453226274134.jpg (653KB, 1720x1705px) Image search: [Google]
1453226274134.jpg
653KB, 1720x1705px
>>378878910
The SC universe is beyond fucked, maybe a revisit to before SC2 like right after BW or during it, but I'd rather they not continue the narrative.

Metzen leaving is too little too late for SC2 or a potential sequel/spinoff. I don't have hope for WC4 because all the experience talent for developing RTS have been sacked/retired. New devs would have only MOBAS to base their experience on. New writers are likely to be from the big cities and full of political idealism.
>>
Stracraft 2 was the last breath of a dying genre, it did not killed rts. Rts was already dead

I would not even say rts is dead, its just a niche genre. Also, mobas came from rts
>>
ITT: no one knows what they're talking about.

Starcraft 2 needed a few things to stay popular:

1. A competent balance team. David Kim didn't deserve to keep his job for a month much less 5 years. The fact that BL/Infestor was allowed to happen should have resulted in people losing their jobs.

2. A more accessible arcade. The arcade system in SC2 sucked and still even after they "fixed" it, it isn't that good. Also the S2C custom map editor was ironically TOO good. You had so much freedom to do whatever you wanted to, but the cost of that was it was this ridiculously difficult to learn program that took way too much dedication to make anything interesting in.

3. Blizzard doesn't get esports. They just simply don't. They tried to forcekill BW in Korea because of their dispute with KeSPA and replace it with SC2 which no one in Korea cared about at all. But then all the Koreans switched over because now the money was in SC2 and they started winning everything, which made fans disinterested (which was admittedly odd, everyone worshiped the Koreans in BW). Blizzard was forced to implement a shitty, bad region lock so foreigners could actually make money which just fucked everything up.
>>
>>378858989
WoL had an excellent campaign with loads of mission variety and it didnt pussy foot around building an army with a limit amount of resources. It will always be such a damn shame HotS was so homogenous and easy by comparison. I found LotV to be a step back in the right direction, but far from WoL's level let alone what the series deserved for a finally. At least Co-op is some nice low stress fun every once in a while
>>
>>378883098
STOP
>>
File: 1478935229406.jpg (242KB, 495x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478935229406.jpg
242KB, 495x600px
>SC2 general
What am I reading? What the hell is that general?
>>
>>378883560

>Ever going to /vg/
>>
>>378883290
ACCEPT THE TRUTH
>>
>>378883560
the shitposters chased off all the people who actually wanted to talk about SC2, now it's nothing but shitposters shitposting all the time
>>
>>378883621
Most generals are at least talking about the game. /sc2/ is an enigma to me. Best I can tell is that they're all constantly plugged into a stream and use it as a shitposting twitch chat feed.
>>
>>378883801
why don't the /vg/ jani just do their jobs
>>
>>378885079
they're lazy shits and that general is a problem that never ends
>>
>>378879932
They had an interesting idea but neglected almost everything else like faction diversity or interesting units.

Planetary Annihilation is kinda an example of how a developer made an indie game that rode on the success of its predecessor to sell its new game while neglecting a lot of what fans of the old loved.
>>
>>378882739
>The SC universe is beyond fucked
>Xel'naga are gone
>Kerry Sue is gone
>Villains are available for all factions
>UE Fucking D is still at large

SC3 has a fantastic set-up for not needing stupid prophecies.
>>
>Kerrigan got away with it
I'M STILL MAD
FUCK YOU METZEN
>>
Story aside, both the campaign and multiplayer were much better than the original/BW.

It was hardly supposed to save anything from MOBAs when that shit hadn't taken hold yet.
>>
>>378887452
she a good boy she dindu nuffing
it's all amon's fault
pls gib more moni for hive programs
>>
>>378880756
This seems pretty nitpicky to be honest
>>
>>378887276
I didn't play beyond wings of liberty. where did the final Xpack leave the game story-wise?
>>
>>378887997
kerrigan is zerg jesus
xel nagas are evil

Kerrigan goes super saiyan and saves the day at the end
>>
>>378887997

Lotv ended with everyone uniting against Amon and they killed him, went into the void, and killed him again. Stukov also got to kill Duran which was nice.

The Nova stuff was just one of Mengsk Sr's old allies forming a coup against Jr out of belief that he killed daddy. Nova kills her when Jr wanted her in court and so is officially a criminal but the ending speech was basically them saying they'll still use for her shit they can't be seen doing.
>>
>>378888210
>>378888430
what about raynor? what's he up to?
>>
>>378888554

Fucking god-queen kerrigan inside a pocket dimention.
>>
>>378888554

After killing Amon, Kerrigan stayed behind to stop him from reforming. Jim is in a bar drinking about it,Kerrigan shows up in human form and asks if they're going to get out of there, Jim looks happy and leaves. Ending text of "and they were never heard from again"

It's ambigious as to if it's a delusion, Kerrigan actually coming back, or Kerrigan trying to date via psychic transmission.
>>
>>378887997
>Dominion is run by Mengsk's son, who's a nice guy
>Horner is his head Admiral
>Raynor disappears with Kerrigan
>Zagara, Zerg Queen, now runs the Swarm, and is heavily isolationist. There are some Feral Zerg around though.
>Stukov is leading a bit of another group of Infested Terrans, minding his own business
>Kerrigan became a perfect hybrid, basically a Demigod, fucked up the big bad, disappeared.
>Artanis is Big Dick Chief of the Protoss now, pretty much all of them
>Tal'darim, edgy Protoss, are led by the coolest dude in Starcraft, and he's doing his own thing
>Fenix had a brain clone robot that decided not to actually be Fenix, who's leading a bunch of cool Robot Protoss
>>378888554
Sort of what >>378888776 said, probably eternally living in a beach house too.
>>
>>378888886
>they unkilled pretty much everyone with a meaningful death
fucking hell blizzard
>>
>>378889479

Stukov was revived via infestation and was a Terran/Zerg experiment by Duran if it makes you feel any better.
>>
>>378858895
complete and utter ripoff of Warhammer + you play as hippie rebels who have NO excuse whatsoever to be winning the battles they do considering the bulk of humanity is as war with the zerg yet somehow losing meanwhile a small band of low budget rebels win every single time. if a rebellion like Raynor's existed realistically during a zerg rush the terran would be extinct for not being unified.
>>
>>378889479
Stukov was actually revived in a BW bonus campaign, after which he disappeared until HotS.
Fenix isn't actually Fenix in LOTV, and thay's a major character point to him. He doesn't end the game as Fenix.
>>
>>378889608
It's a bit less shitty, I suppose.
They still turned him design-wise into generic Russian commisar #342, though.
>>
File: 1395350967069.png (292KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1395350967069.png
292KB, 900x900px
>>378870751
Not an argument. Because something isn't good, doesn't mean the sequel being worse is okay.
>>
>>378888776
>>378888882
>>378888886
the raynor / kerrigan thing sounds retarded, but the rest isn't so bad.

if SC3 is you playing as Horner fighting off a second UED invasion, it'll be cool. I've had enough space magic / cthulu shit though.
>>
>>378889697
>Ripoff of Warhammer
40k actually altered the Nids to look a bit more like SC Zerg, kek.
>No Excuse to be winning
Actually, WoL explains that the Dominion pulled back most of its armies to particular core sectors, and any time you fight them it's quick hit-and-run operations, while the Dominion themselves are fighting the Zerg. The Zerg are similar up until Char, where you then have most of the Dominion Army on your side. Any time you fight Protoss in WoL it's the Tal'darim, outside of one missions where Selendis jobs on purpose, and the Edge-Toss are way behind the usual ones up until LotV.
>>378890225
SC3 will be Horner, Stukov, and Jen'ara (Tal'darim chick from Nova missions), fighting the UED who've brought back an Overmind Proxy. Horner and Stukov will work together but Jen'ara will be as angry and uncooperative as you'd expect a Tal'darim.
>>
>>378890609
what's stukov's deal now? is he infested?
>>
>>378890712

Duran decided he'd torture him some more by experimenting on him endlessly to make a Terran/Zerg hyrbid.
>>
File: maxresdefault-3.jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-3.jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
>>378890712
See part one of >>378889713, Duran revived him and infected him in the process.
>>
>target audience is people who unironically like Blizzard stories
>/v/ complains that the story is bad

If you like one Blizzard, you like all Blizzards. WoW is excused from the equation because it's extra bad, like double Blizzard. But yeah, you can't complain.
>>
>>378890985
blizzard storylines weren't bad before metzen went full retard with the corruption.
>>
>SC2 is so dead than a lot of Korean events aren't even getting English commentary anymore

Blizzard fucked up so hard. Brood War has more active, English language content than SC2 at this point.
>Hurr durr lets hire the idiots who torpedoed Command and Conquer to make our next RTS surely that will help
>>
>>378871781
>Too many deathballs
>Not enough defenders advantage
>Too much nerfs/buffs in short time early on
>Lead to all maps being the exact same
>Started out with some gimmicks, now LotV has a billion cheeses and gimmicks
>>
>>378875030
The Protoss campaign was overall fucking amazing.
>>
>>378891146
WoL had such an insultingly stupid plot, it made Blizzard dead to me forever.

"Some things... are just worth fighting for. (Like the zerg girlfriend that killed all my friends, but now I have new friends, so it's cool.)"

60 bucks for this fucking travesty. And then D3's plot happened.
>>
>>378890985
>If you like one Blizzard, you like all Blizzards
Bullshit. Old Blizzard was "that's so metal", while nu-Blizz is "now that's edgy". Pretty different fanpai.
>>
>>378871781
Brood War had natural catchup mechanics.
Control Group limitations meant that a bigger army was a harder army to control. And since you didn't mine bases out at anywhere near the same rate, having more bases was better, but it was also harder to defend.
End result, comebacks were not only possible, but became more possible the further you were behind, oddly enough.

In SC2, you're basically never on more than 3 mining bases because you mine a base out in a handful of minutes, and there's unlimited units for each control group. Result, you get ahead, and that lead just grows and grows because your opponent has no opportunity to deal damage. This combined with SC2 maps being VASTLY smaller and you have a game of deathball v deathball.
>>
>>378892261
>"Some things... are just worth fighting for. (Like the zerg girlfriend that killed all my friends, but now I have new friends, so it's cool.)"
yeah, I remember the end of WOL pissed me off.
>at the end he doesn't take revenge for all the people Kerrigan has killed, instead he kills another one of his friends to save her life
terrible. I'll give them credit for making the missions themselves really good, but the story was a mess.
>D3's story
yikes, I don't even know where to begin.

I like both of these games gameplay-wise, but the storylines went to complete shit.
>>
>>378871876
I'm so hype. Shine must've studied Flash so fucking hard.
>>
>>378892464
Your right about old blizzard, but new blizzard is a mix of trying to edgy while also trying to play to every demographic and forcing characters down our throats that nobody would care about otherwise.
>>
>>378879927
>Expecting retards to understand retro scenes
You'll never convince him that he's wrong
>>
>>378891174
the only korean tournament that doesn't get english commentary is VSL, which is B-tier as fuck and everyone was shocked they stopped doing it.
>>
File: 1470870557623.jpg (48KB, 310x326px) Image search: [Google]
1470870557623.jpg
48KB, 310x326px
>>378859609
>Overmind was good all along, even though Zeratul linked minds with it and never mentioned this
>Kerrigan wasn't evil, she was just possessed by Zerg-bits, even though she specifically confirms she is in full control of her actions in Brood War
>Kerrigan is a good guy who compromises her own plans to save innocent lives, even though uninfested Kerrigan helped Mengsk murder billions using psi-amplifiers
>Kerrigan is no longer a manipulative villain, just a mean bitch with no stake in anything
>Raynor and Kerrigan's love story is the most important thing in the whole universe, even though it was literally like three flirty banter lines in the first game
>Zerg aren't parasitic worms from a volcanic planet, they're spiky things from a jungle planet
>UED never returns despite still having interests in the Koprulu sector
>Nova is squeezed in everywhere because fans sure loved her in that game that never came out
>five of the PCs from the original game, entities giving the player a plausible physical presence within the universe and a more invested connection to the story, are written out of existence without fanfare
>Tassadar comes back as a Force ghost
>Fenix comes back as a robot because fuck meaningful deaths
>nobody is the bad guy, they're all being manipulated by Amon
>Duran has a Dragonball Z laser fight with Star Kerrigan
>ANCIENT EVIL PROPHECIES
>>
>>378894691
>Nova is squeezed in everywhere because fans sure loved her in that game that never came out

Blame that one piece of art that showed off her butt. That alone made her stupidly popular.
>>
>>378894691
Jesus Christ that was painful to read.

How did blizzard fuck up their own stories so much? This and diablo 3 were horrendous. There really isn't an excuse when they have more than enough money to buy competent writers.

The original stories weren't amazing, but at least they were decent and made sense.
>>
File: Celestalon.png (445KB, 1434x485px) Image search: [Google]
Celestalon.png
445KB, 1434x485px
>>378895041
All of Blizzard's writers and most of their developers are furfags. Seriously, go look them up on Twitter. Fursonas everywhere. Pic related.
>>
File: 1464907058460.png (456KB, 457x613px) Image search: [Google]
1464907058460.png
456KB, 457x613px
>>378894949
>Blame that one piece of art that showed off her butt. That alone made her stupidly popular.
Sauce of said pic. It is official art or fan art?
>>
File: 180.jpg (15KB, 180x353px) Image search: [Google]
180.jpg
15KB, 180x353px
>>378895207

Official
>>
>>378858989
it was your first rts or something? the campaign was fucking atrocious.
>>
>>378895378

The missions are pretty fun. A shame about enemy spawns being preset in Lotv so killing bases is pointless.
>>
>>378871876
When?
>>
>>378896052
34 hours from now
>>
>>378875784
considering how Relic was on the verge of bankruptcy, CoH2 turned out really good.
Thread posts: 219
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.