[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Desert Online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 25

File: 312324124.png (365KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
312324124.png
365KB, 500x500px
Is it worth getting? What's your thoughts on it? How many hours did you already spent on it?

>Never played an MMO before.
What am I getting myself into?
>>
File: milky way.jpg (115KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
milky way.jpg
115KB, 800x800px
>>378858746
Never played an MMO before
/thread
Better start with free MMO and learn how it works. And don't worry black desert online will be in sale in this month again
>>
>>378858746
MMOs play on a very dangerous appeal to the human brain. It's not like immersive single player experiences like adventure games or visual novels a la Grim Fandango or Telltale's The Walking Dead, nor does it play on satisfying combat or action in the form of visual or tactile feedback, like Devil May Cry or Bloodborne. It plays on the appeal of progression, and that's literally it. You may be wowed by things like character creation, environmental graphics, pretty items, but MMOs are superficial to the core. All their depth revolves around balancing the repetitive act of doing the same thing that you do within the first hours of the game in a different, more "difficult" context.

I'm only saying this because you said that you've never played an MMO before. Don't start. It's not worth it.

Coming from someone who's played over 30 different MMOs and has more than 6000 hours in one of them.
>>
>>378858746

>MMO

No.
>>
>>378859436
>6000 hours on one of them
Age?
>>
>>378858746
It's just a cash grab korean mmo. This isn't really a good time for mmo's anymore.
>>
>>378858746
OP here.

Wow, I didn't expect it to be that bad, my lack of experience I mean.

I don't have any online friends and I just thought that playing a game with many players around the world may be a good place to make some.
Aside of my obvious lack of any MMO experience, do you consider BDO a good game? I'm really wondering about it and seriously considering getting it.
>>
>>378859787
It's a great experience but don't let it control your life. I'd advise not to get into mmos in general, I think it will be better for you in the long run.

This is coming from someone who had to redo a semester because I'm a fucking idiot.
>>
>>378859540
I turn 25 this year.

>>378859787
>making friends in MMOs
I implore you to reconsider. You'd have better luck in Steam threads and asking people if anyone wants to play a specific game with you.

>>378859882
I nearly withdrew from a semester for Vindictus.
>>
Oh look, it's this thread again.
>>
File: 1496174203631.png (11KB, 430x304px) Image search: [Google]
1496174203631.png
11KB, 430x304px
>>378859787
idk about BDO if its good or bad but you are going to have fun at least for 1 week if this is your first MMO like other anon said if you are willing to buy it instead of getting something free for the same experience you should first try WoW or Gw2 and see if fits what you are looking for.
>>
>>378860028
I really appreciate your honesty. You seem like an experience person regarding MMO. Do you have an example of a game that resembles an MMO, maybe something lighter that I can get myself into? I really want to try and explore an open world game and maybe make some online friends and do(missions?) together.
I'm sorry, I'm not really a heavy gamer or something, I just recently read about MMO in general and it really piqued my interest.
>>378860113
I apologize if it's true. I never made a thread on /v/ before.
>>
BDO is one of my most hated and loved games. At the one hand it does so many thing right and is willing to break the mold of a wowclone. At the other hand its infuriating.

It is a korean grinding MMO, if you dont like korea, grinding, or MMOs you are going to have a bad time.

The classes are diverse, each of them has different abilities and look cool. However all of them have the same result, a big AOE explosion to farm quickly.
The character editor is godlike, you can adjust everything and make wildly different characters. The editing tools need some getting used to but if you know what youre doing its insane how cool the characters are that you can make. You can make heartshaped pupils.
The UI is clustered, but everything has a function
Farming is smooth as silk, however you do a lot of it. Dont be surprised when you spend 5 hours in some kind of haze as you mow down army after army of mobs
Graphics can be amazing, however big combat events make your CPU melt, low graphics made looks fucking terrible, and there is insane amounts of popup, Ive been stuck on a wall that popped in a solid 10 seconds after I ran into it
Each character has its own distinctive style. Sorceresses use black loose shirts and jump around
Witches and wizards wear long robes
However premium shop costumes break this, the same gear looks different on different classes, and some gear looks the same on every class
The auction house has hard minimum and maximum prices, so some items are so underpriced that people refuse to put them on the market, at the other hand small fry can still have a chance to buy the super epic gear

And then there is enchanting. Instead of trading one armor for a better armor, you upgrade your armor. This can go from +1 to +15, and then from I to V. Initially this is a smooth process with a bit of RNG, nothing serious. But later you have to farm a month to get billions that you blow in an hour, to get an upgrade with about 50% certainty
>>
Just play FFXIV.
>>
>>378860483
It's been a very long time since I've expressed a genuine smile during an MMO, or felt a pure emotional satisfaction whilst playing. But I do remember the last MMO that made me feel this way, and I remember it fondly

FFXIV

If I'd recommend any MMO, it'd be that one. I don't really want to get into some debate with someone over how shit it is and I won't lie, it does suffer from the criticisms I asserted earlier, but it also had something about it that made it feel OK.
>>
stop making the same fucking thread every day, stop shilling it, stop getting past my filters kill yourself please
>>
Black Desert Online is not a beginner friendly MMO. If it's your first time playing MMOs, you should give FFXIV or WoW a try.
>>
File: trumpette.jpg (688KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
trumpette.jpg
688KB, 900x1200px
>>378860597
>Witches and wizards wear long robes
Muh point
>>
>>378860597
Thank you very much for the elaborate post!
May I ask how many hours did you spend on it as of now? Are you of the group that hates it or loves it?
>>
>>378860597
This is because the system is insanely RNG. From +1 to +5 you can just use blackstone to upgrade your gear with 100% chance (1 stone is 200k, you can farm 5m to 10m per hour at the softcap lvl, much more later), but then the chance drops to 20%. There is a fail system that increases your chances by a % or so every time you fail to upgrade, but its just another mechanic you need to game. You see, every time you fail you gain one of these "failstacks", increasing your chances. But it also breaks a blackstone, and removes 5 max durability of your gear. And you need to buy the same armor to repair the durability (you smash a +0 grunil armor into a +X grunil armor to increase the max durability of the +X by 10). So every 2 failure costs you 2 blackstones and another copy of that gear. So what you want to do is bascially fail your shitty gear (cheap to get copies of), and then after a bunch of failstacks you can try on your good gear. Of course you can accidently upgrade your shitty gear instead, you can still fail the super gear upgrade a bunch of times, and other retarded shit.
But it gets worse
Rings, necklaces and belts get upgraded by smashing them together. If you fail both are destroyed. So you can succeed this 2 times to get a super nice belt, but then if you try to upgrade it again, you can lose your +II belt.
But it gets even worse
Once you get your gear to +15 you can start upgrading it to roman numerals. You need to use super expensive blackstones for this. Once you get to II and want to go to III, failure means you drop back to I. So yes, your multimillion investment can drop back to a lower level.

Also, for an MMO 90% of the shit you do is better solo.
>>
>>378861156
>>378860597
This was so interesting to read wtf
>>
Just play FFXIV. Every other game is too casual
>>
>>378861618
In-depth vidya autism is always interesting to read, fucking awful to hear in real life though.
>>
>>378861847
not necessarily. one time I listened to someone at a normie house party talk about why people are drawn to MOBAs and their inherent complexity and competitiveness. I still hate them, but I began to develop a respect for them after that day.
>>
>>378861124
I dont know. The problem is there is also a lot of AFK farming you can do. So if you dont actively play you can let your character fish and run it on the background. Then when you come back your inventory is full of free shit. So time played is kind of skewered. Also because I had a 3 week break after playing the free trail I couldnt play on the growth server (double XP server you can play for the first month). So my progress was slowed down quite a lot.
I both love and hate it. Some stuff is really cool, the grinding is smooth, I normally hate grinding but a few hours in BDO is no problem. You have loads of other side things to do. You can go around collecting info, doing cooking sidequests, tame a horse, train your horse (hours of AFK running around to level the horse first), create a slave empire to craft stuff, craft, gather, have a farm, explore the map and other stuff. Thats really cool. But the RNG is brutal.
Also the P2W is real, and to enjoy the game I highly suggest accepting that you have to at least put 36 bucks into the cashshop. This allows you to get pets which loot corpses for you, this makes farming a lot better. Because first you have to spend a good 50 seconds running to every corpse and looting it, with pets its done by the time you kill the last enemy. There are also a bunch of other things in the cashshop which allow you to save a lot of time, gear that makes horses level 20% faster, items that save you millions, etc. With 150 bucks and a lot of time you can compete with endgame people.
I saw the writing on the wall and decided that I didnt want to go all the way, I play it on and off for a bit, its fun but Ill accept I never get to the appex.

If you want to try it dont be afraid to be overwhelmed. Go to the website, click "try for 7 days" at the top. Play for 7 days, if you like it, make a screenshot and post on plebbit. Someone will likely throw you a free invite, if you then level more he gets free premium shit.
>>
>>378861842
Stop posting FF shit to force other players
best MMOs are Frees
>>
File: 2017-06-02_47784648.jpg (520KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-02_47784648.jpg
520KB, 1920x1080px
>black desert
only good for waifus so get to posting them.
>>
>>378861847
>>378861973
It only works if someone is willing to talk about it. If you are into vidya and someone else isnt then they have to bear you talking about shit they dont care about. I usually just give them some surface stuff. If they want more they can tell me, but usually people dont. Only autism if they want autism.
>>
>>378862052

Casual scum.
>>
>>378862031
Thank you very much for all the info, I really appreciate your time and effort. The 7 days trial thing sounds like a good idea for someone like me who never touched an MMO before.
I'll give it a try and if I like it, I'll probably put more money into. BTW I'm 26 adult working, not in school or anything. I'm not sure about the average age of MMO players in general.
>>
File: 1484975932208.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1484975932208.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>378859436
>visual novels a la Grim Fandango
>>
>>378862419
gotta hide that power level
>>
>>378862052
>best MMOs are frees
wrong
free to play all the way means p2w and a garbage community that has no consequences because any bot can make a free account and hack their way through.
>>
File: 2016-03-08_13959105.jpg (220KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-08_13959105.jpg
220KB, 1920x1080px
I said POST WAIFUS
>>
>>378862679
Id say a lot of teenagers, a bunch of students with loads of time on their hands, NEETs. Working adults not that much. As for the cashshop, be careful, its extremely slippery slope.

>ill buy some pets because that pretty much necessary to enjoy the game
>ill buy a costume since my character looked the same for 40 levels
>man this enchanting is pretty expensive, for just 10 bucks I can save 100m
>guess Ill buy this costume for 30 bucks and sell it on the market for some quick cash so I can finish up my weapon upgrades
>15 bucks per month for the value pack is a really good deal, I got a lot of bunch stuff you normally have to buy one by one and will save me a lot of money in the long run, and its just like a normal MMO sub fee so its not too much
>guess Ill buy some extra instant ress items as well to make world bosses easier
and then youre 600 bucks down the drain

I wanted to keep 50 bucks as a max, but ended up spending 90. Im really resisting putting more money down
>>
As someone who got it on sale. I really like it. It reminds me of dynasty warriors sort of. I rarely play any mmo, can't remember the last one I actually liked. I've put in about 24 hours so far over the past few days since me and all my friends got it. They fuck around with crafting and trading a bunch, but I'm not into that. I'd day it took me about 8-10 hours to get to pseudo end game of level 50 (goes up to 60, but everything really opens up, gets better at 50 it seems)

If you have the time to grind and friend to play with it can be a good time. I wouldn't go in expecting to be immersed. Exploring is fun and all and u like discovering new areas and enemies in those areas, but all in all the atmosphere and setting and story are pretty shit.

Basically if you wanna play a more grindy dynasty warriors and make a guild with a couple close friends and just mindlessly slay mobs together while you shoot the shit, it's a good buy for 6 bucks. Combat and combos and stuff is pretty fun, initially kinda button mashu, but as you read more and figure out combos it gets fun/addicting, more so than normal mmo combat atleast.
>>
File: turbo nigga.jpg (143KB, 747x931px) Image search: [Google]
turbo nigga.jpg
143KB, 747x931px
>>378858746
BDO is PVP NEET the mmo, go play FFXIV if you want to play something more casual.
>>
>>378863028
FFXIV is P2W now though and it has a subscription fee on top of having to buy the game.
>>
>>378862773
Sorry, I phrased that sentence poorly. Both GF and TWD were examples of adventure games. I didn't give one for visual novels.
>>
Just play FFXIV or wow
Or even Edo
Everything else is shit
>>
>>378863261
56 is the soft level cap. Beyond that the game starts breaking your balls.
>>
File: 1466893726536.jpg (70KB, 600x705px) Image search: [Google]
1466893726536.jpg
70KB, 600x705px
>>378858746
>want to try it out
>want to be a huge slut
>normie-friend who I've also added on Steam wants to play it too

what do?
>>
>>378863341
Badly optimized. Don't buy it unless you have really really good hardware.
And I don't mean badly optimized as in "low framerate sometimes and not ultra graphics," the game has really shitty anti aliasing and shadows and the view distance is short.

Everything looks really good up close though!
>>
File: fuck you.jpg (18KB, 567x340px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.jpg
18KB, 567x340px
>>378858746

I don't play shit that installs hidden processes and rootkits.
>>
>>378863491
Embrace your inner slut~
>>
>>378863491
Make a female character and say you had to because of genderlocked classes.

Then when he logs out start whoring yourself out for premium shop items. Spend a lot of time on the character editor though, you have some tough competition
>>
>>378863491
do what you want
if asked, reply with:
>haha I hate character creation screens I just hit randomize
>>
File: 20170601082540_1.jpg (257KB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
20170601082540_1.jpg
257KB, 1920x1017px
>>378858746

>I can give my character jheri curls

best MMO
>>
>>378858746
Got about 200 hours in it I guess, maybe more.
It's fantastic. At least it is for a good while, until it becomes repetitive.

Pros : Shitload of things to do, great combat, best graphics.

Cons : very little player interaction, no real long-term objectives except "get the best sword" and "get so much money".

One amazing thing is how content gets added regularly. And I'm not talking about wow bullshit content "a new dungeon!". They add new features constantly. I stopped playing for 4 months, came back last week, and they had added a big chunk of map, naval battles, 2 new classes.

Realy, it's 10 bucks with no sub, it has very unique gameplay, it will take a while to become boring and you'll always come back to it. Well woth it.
>>
>>378863375

I don't think you know what P2W means.

You are an idiot. Stop talking anytime.
>>
>>378863491
>haha, dude, isn't my sorceress pretty hot? Like, look at those lips. I bet she'd be great at sucking dick am i rite? I mean, could you imagine sliding your hard throbbing cock between them and feeling her tongue glide along the underside of your dick?
>>
Didn't this game come under some serious scrutiny a while back? I remember seeing videos about the current state of the game and how a lot of people left for whatever reasons and the devs turned it into a cash grab. Now I'm looking up BDO on google and seeing that few people are returning what's up with that? Just curious
>>
>>378863467
Seems like it already is with the travel distances now. That and the abundance of pure genocide quests to kill like 250 enemies in an area.

That said I lightweight speed ran the game to 50. I just followed the main quest sprinting across the map. Didn't hardly fuck with anything until I hit 50.

I didn't even know my money weighed anything or that I could/should store shit. In fact I didn't bother trying to sell most my stuff. Just threw it away when i was over weight.

Didn't even use a horse or autopathing either, and didn't even fuck with my skills much or read them. Just fucking sprinted through the main quest until I hit 50.
>>
File: 2017-06-02_26402718.jpg (370KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-02_26402718.jpg
370KB, 1920x1080px
>>378863094
>>
File: 1479887582616.png (23KB, 243x329px) Image search: [Google]
1479887582616.png
23KB, 243x329px
>>378861156
This here is why I dropped BDO.
>work my ass off to upgrade my equipment
>"fuck you, do it again; dw though you'll have slightly better luck next time :^)"
Just make the upgrade requirements higher. If I wanted to wrangle with RNG and game the system, I'd play fucking Xcom. I really don't understand the whole gear treadmill thing.
>>
>Is it worth getting?
It's a Korean fucking MMORPG, what the fuck do you think?
>>
>>378864139
Thats because lvl 50 was the old softcap. Youre around calpheon and basically rummaging through the ruins of the old endgame. After you get to 54 you are better off going east of velia and farm helms. But still do the genocide quests first because they give a bunch of free shit and tell you about all the great endgame grindspots you will never use
>>
>>378864397
They did implement a force enhance, but its so expensive that even with shit luck its better to try it the normal way (or marketplace). And it only works for green grade items.

I wonder what kind of place korea is. Becuase they fucking love RNG.
Step under shower? 10% chance of icecold water, 20% chance of boiling hot water
Start car? 20% chance of failure, mechanic costs anywhere from 5 bucks to 1000 bucks, if you get it done for 5 bucks everyone in the neighbourhood gets a letter telling you were lucky
Ordered a coffee? 90% chance its shit, 0.1% chance its perfect. So people usually order 20 of them and drink the few that are palpable
>>
>>378863841
>great combat

I thought the PvE fights in this game were all complete garbage 'almost every enemy just wails on you' tier?
>>
OP here, thank you all for the much needed opinions and ideas. I think I'll give it a try and if I'll get into it, I'l probably throw in a few more bucks, definitely not an entire paycheck.

Just someone who looks for an open world experience where I can meet new people around the world and do stuff with them. I find it magical. Maybe I'm in the wrong direction and completely off but I guess I have nothing to lose. I'm definitely not the type that get addicted to games but who knows, maybe I haven't discovered yet the game that I might find addicting and overwhelming.
>>
>>378864552
I'm at 52 currently. Still going around killing swathes of cultists, treants, catfish. All that calpheon shit. Every time I think I'm outta there I get another quest chain to genocide. That and me and my guild keep doing guild slaughterfests in calpheon, me and like 3 other friends.

Eh im having a lot of fun. I usually hate mmos, especially grindy ass Korean ones like this. Guess it helps when your combat is actually fun/addicting. Game play loop feels slightly less like a chore, even though it essentially still is busywork and repetitive af. That and it helps knowing there's a fuckton of systems and shot I haven't even fucked with because I literally have just been questing. I stopped last night to actually sort out my money and get my equipment in order at least.
>>
>>378865389

I'm only a level 20 striker, but you steamroll groups of enemies by stringing together special moves into cool looking combos. You can dodge to avoid damage, so if you stay limber you can take out groups of enemies without taking a hit. It's definitely not the typical tab-targeting shit.
>>
>>378863876
Nah, you're an idiot if you think it isn't P2W. Buying progress = P2W
>>
>>378858746
When is this coming to PS4?
>>
>>378865530
>where I can meet new people around the world and do stuff with them. I find it magical.
You're like 15 years too late for that experience and that sort of players.
But still good luck to you.
>>
>>378865692
i mean there's no challenging boss fights/pve fights with mechanics

everything PvE related is just going ham on sandbags
>>
>>378865654
Yeah you have like 8 genocides. They are all the endgame grinds for lvl 50s, so thats why you get dragged along. Also ther are quests for hunter seals (repeating, but after getting lvl 54 or so you can do them 1 more time for a super reward) and there is the black spirit genocide quests. BTW always look for the node manager, they give you a bunch of genocide quests for that node as well and give you like 5 million in gold if oyu complete them all.
>>
>>378865824
Really? Is 26 that old? I mean, I don't have many hobbies, I work most of the time and only have like ttwo, two and half hours each night so I thought I could get into something like that.
Wow is 26 really that old?
>>
>>378860874
Opinions on EVE Online?

I really like the massive community driven stories and drama. Were you ever able to crack it and get into that?
>>
>>378865389
It's slightly deeper/combobased dynasty warriors. It's still pretty mindless and the only real challenge comes in areas with minibosses near end game, but even then it's a cake walk it seems. But it's the same addicting sort of hack and slash like a dynasty warriors, albeit with a little more thought in managing cool downs and executing combo strings well/synergizing skills and moves.

Enemies aren't all that interesting, mostly just aesthetic changes. Main "challenge" is really just about optimizing your time by killing groups of enemies as fast as you can.
>>
>>378861156
This, lvl 57 warrior here that got sick of lag and quit cold turkey, my psyche and wallet has never felt better, this game drains both hard as fuck
>>
>>378866110
I didn't mean age, but how different MMOs were 15 years ago.
>>
>>378866194
i guess i'm the cancer killing mmo's but the only thing i really care about in mmo's are interesting boss fights/pve encounters.
>>
>>378866110
You'll notice people (17-24) treating you differently. It's not bad, but I remember making fun of my friends who were 5-6 years my senior. You're getting to the fun part. (assuming you developed a skill or trade). 30's are fun as fuck, especially without children.
>>
>>378866110
Yes. Most people start playing seriously around 13, thne around 16 they have a game they poopsock and all hopped up on energy drinks start smashing people, around 20 they play other games and start drinking, around 25 they have a job and start doing other social stuff.

As for 4chan, I think the average age is pretty low and with my 22 yo I already feel old. As you get older its really noticeable that you are responding to 15 year old kids
>>
>>378866087
Yeah I've noticed that. My friends have been going hard into gathering/crafting/trading. And constantly talking about the different ways they're making money on it. Turns out I've got way more silver than all of them despite playing less just because i actually do the whole quest chain for the node managers and get 6 mil for each one lol. Well that and I sell shit like crazy. If I don't need it right then I generally just say fuck it and list it for max or min. And I don't fuck with the nodes or workers and shit either. I just like killing shit really.
>>
File: fgnt7ies.jpg (260KB, 913x875px) Image search: [Google]
fgnt7ies.jpg
260KB, 913x875px
Can I make my character green and /fit/?
>>
>>378863094
Go away Lethe
>>
>>378866385
Nah you're right that the bosses are ducking garbage to the max. The combat isn't suited for it. Like I said, it's like dynasty warriors, and just like dynasty warriors the boss fights are not the fun/addicting part.

And the enemies themselves aren't that interesting outside of looking different really.

But for the most part you're just trying to kill Hella enemies as fast as you can. And if that ain't fun for you then yeah, this game is gonna suck for you. That and if you aren't playing with people to chat with or kill shit alongside.
>>
>>378866689
trading and gathering can be really profitable. However you need to have nodes set up to make it work. Because gathering and selling directly is not worth it, you need to first process it and manipulate it since that adds a lot of value to it for minimal effort. Trading is pretty boring but can also make loads of money. But early on grinding is best.

As for selling stuff you dont immediately need. Its bad, the market markup is 35%. So if you think, ill buy it back later if I need it, you are losing 35% of your money. So if you sell all your blackstones (something like 50m from leveling) and then you buy it back ends up losing you 17m.

Also the game is about having fun, and if you do it right it also is viable. So if youre lvl 56 or something you can decide to just become a farmer and trade a bit for fun.
>>
>>378866738
Yes, there is a muscle slider adn you can change skincolor to anything you like.

>>378866385
No you like diffrent kind of combat than others. But MMOs are about easily made grinding, not about making unique single playthrough bosses with a challenge.
>>
File: 2017-05-23_364067571.jpg (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-23_364067571.jpg
3MB, 1920x1080px
Thicc Dessert
>>
>>378866461
>>378866538
Very insightful guys, thank you.
I also know that I need to start thinking about family stuff and such and I am in the dating scene but most of the time I get back home tired and just fall into playing video games since it's the easiest. But lately I thought about start meeting other players because playing alone can be kinda boring after a while and also why not? If I spend most of my down time playing something, why should I play it alone?
>>
File: 1483795823853.jpg (84KB, 528x792px) Image search: [Google]
1483795823853.jpg
84KB, 528x792px
>>378867374
>slightly bump up the thigh thickness
>whenever my character moves her arms clip through her thighs
>>
File: wizard.jpg (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wizard.jpg
155KB, 1280x720px
>>378867580
just hold on till youre 30 and unlock your wizard powers
>>
>>378867110
Oh nah I was smart enough to realize the black stones are like the most important thing. But like gems and equipment and consumables and shit, cya. The only consumable I keep is medium potions. I've only gotten like one gem ive kept. But just any time I pick up general loot off of corpses or equipment or whatever, I sell that shit.

Also I was smart enough to realize the thing that let's me respec at 56 and the hunter marks are worth keeping as well.

But yeah I don't horde shit at all like my friends. If I don't need it, and I don't think I'm gonna use it soon or ever, it's gone. I'll swallow my pride and admit to retardation when and if I buy any of it back from the market.
>>
File: 2017-01-02_23581568.jpg (483KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-02_23581568.jpg
483KB, 1920x1080px
>>378863094
>>
>>378867818
also keep memory fragments.

For gems use them, getting 5 attack speed and movement speed is a great boon. And 50k for a gem sold is not worth that much. Also some thrash loot can be turned in by bulk for better returns
>>
File: 2017-05-30_29153968.jpg (450KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-30_29153968.jpg
450KB, 1920x1080px
>>378867374
>>
>>378868026
>that potato face

>>378867882
>that unsure smile
>>
What the fuck am I even supposed to be doing? I just installed after not playing since maybe a week after release.

I'm level 42 with ~112mil and no idea what I'm supposed to be doing anymore or what I was doing before. Apparently there's a huge desert out there now too? Is there a guild I can join for people to help me out?
>>
File: 2017-05-27_166865915.jpg (1MB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-27_166865915.jpg
1MB, 1920x1040px
>>378868026
Nice
>>
OP here, by the way, do you guys how many players are active on a daily basis? I have no idea what is the capacity of the game or how many players can play on a server?
>>
You set a goal and then complete it, then you feel empty inside and have no idea what to do.
>>
>>378867994
Fuck I sold my 5 memory fragments....
>>
>>378868528
>5
smalltime, just be a good boy and start saving them up now. If you sold 50 it would hurt.
>>
>>378868612
The Fuck are they for? Just repairing legendary items or some shit?
>>
>>378868694
If I remember right from ages ago, you combine them in a specific shape in your inventory and you create a portal for a boss or some shit
>>
>>378868116
characters smiling or looking sad looks so terrible in bdo
>>
>>378868786
That doesn't sound right, but what the Fuck do I know.
>>
>>378868694
They can be used to repair gear instead of using copies. However boss gear is so rare that memory fragments are the only reliable way of repairing durability. So yeah, you need 100 cookies to fix your boss gear up after being unlucky with RNG fun time.

>>378868786
No ancient relic fragments do that.
>>
>>378868795
because their face doesnt move with it. Its the same with humans in real life, fake smiling looks terribel since you only use your mouth muscles, not your entire face muscles, which you do use if you smile naturally. But even then potato face couldve been avoided
>>
File: 2016-08-05_39913949.jpg (258KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-05_39913949.jpg
258KB, 1440x900px
>>378863094
>>
File: 2017-06-02_7809731.jpg (341KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-02_7809731.jpg
341KB, 1920x1080px
>tfw you play valkyrie
>>
>>378858746
BDO is a really cool concept at first but quickly you learn how shit it is.
Everything is insanely gear dependent and the gear grind is the worst korean tier shit I've ever seen.
>>
File: 1494484196393.webm (196KB, 320x568px) Image search: [Google]
1494484196393.webm
196KB, 320x568px
Only mmorpg I ever played was FFXIV, and it is dogshit, as well all know....wew what a stinker!

Anyway, does this game have the best housing in any mmo ever made? cause I like housing 'n shit and that was so bad in ffxiv..
>>
File: 2017-05-23_305807864.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-23_305807864.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>378868795
Eh, I don't think it's that bad. Sometimes it looks really bad, other times it actually looks okay/cute.
>>
>>378865842

I can't speak on endgame content, but yeah shit is super easy for what little I've played so far. I heard it gets much more challenging later on, though.
>>
>>378869242
>tfw your shield ability doesnt work for months and nobody fixes it
>>
>>378859067
fpbp
>>
>>378869354
You have loads of furniture but its not that impressive. wildstar has the best housing
>>
File: fug off.gif (76KB, 482x412px) Image search: [Google]
fug off.gif
76KB, 482x412px
>>378862648
>I have born rich
well fuck you too
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.