[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would videogames be better if it were exclusively a nerd hobby?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1326586439700.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1326586439700.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
would videogames be better if it were exclusively a nerd hobby?
>>
>>378858345
Yeah, it wouldn't be bloated with shit
>>
like those exist anymore lmao
>>
>>378858345
No even in the current market niche games are still made.
>>
>>378858345
Yes. I miss the good old days...
>>
>>378858450
video games were always and will continue to be bloated with shit
only the good games made it out of the sea of garbage
>>
>>378858345
It already was.
>>
>>378858595
There'd be less bloat even then
>>
SJW, queers and the so-called "e-athletes" all need to fuck off.
>>
>>378858345
of course but the big bang theory come up nuking everything comics,videogames,tcg,anime etc i blame too 2009
>>
>>378858345
if it were a nerd hobby I could at least talk about my obsession with video games and be semi-proud of it, instead if you mention videogames to normies they think of dude bro shit.
>>
>>378858345
They would have more mechanical depth and not focused so much on graphics and shallow easy game play that casts the broadest net possible to fund the expensive graphics, so yes. They would be infinitely better.
>>
>>378858345
they were at one point and we still had just as many shitty games back then as we do now. So No.
>>
you'd have just as many shit games as you do now except that everything would have 1/10000th the budget

so no thanks
>>
>>378858345
No because we'd have to redefine what we would consider 'nerd' to be again since normie fags actually want to be 'nerdy' like a badge of honor or the latest trend.
>>
>>378858345
It would be nice if all the SJWs, shitty journalists, kickstarter scammers, Let's players, walking simulators, and the majority of the indie game scene just fell into a pit and never invaded games.

Sure, we would still have shit games, we always had but I would take some dumb shovelware over "Crying Lesbian 2- The Flowers of Hope" that gets showered with awards from journalists because it's so progressive and somehow talk about trans rights when I just want shoot zombies in a game.
>>
>>378859052
but high budget is the reason why modern games are so shit
it means that the game is a failure if it doesn't sell millions of copies
that leads devs resorting to lies and normalfag pandering
>>
>>378858345
Video games were never exclusively a nerd hobby and a large industry means there's lots of room for niches. If anything niche enthusiasts should be very worried about any sort of industry crash or constriction because the smaller less financially-viable titles will be the first to go.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.