[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: zelda i'm home.png (2MB, 3000x2021px) Image search: [Google]
zelda i'm home.png
2MB, 3000x2021px
Since I never bought a Wii, I avoided playing Skyward Sword at the time of its release, the first Zelda game I didn't play on release. As I've played every other Zelda game, I figured that I would go ahead and play Skyward Sword for the sake of completion.

Maybe it's because I walked in with rock bottom expectations, but the game is pleasantly surprising me so far. The motion controls took some getting used to, but they're really responsive and I haven't had any issues with it misreading my motions. I hardly ever use dowsing and take the time to look for things myself. I find the writing to be consistently funny. I don't give two shits about the story. I knew it would be linear from the outset so that doesn't affect me.

The game certainly has flaws but it seems about as good as the other Zelda games. I prefer it to WW and probably OoT, at least so far.

I just finished Nayru's Silent Realm and obtained the clawshots.

Is the second half of the game dogshit? Is my taste just awful? Did I somehow get a different copy of the game than everyone else? For reference I generally prefer the 2D games to 3D, and my top three in the series are BotW, LA, and LoZ in no particular order.
>>
File: IMG_4799.jpg (74KB, 960x537px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4799.jpg
74KB, 960x537px
>>378855497
>I prefer it to WW and probably OoT

Besides that, patrician taste
>>
The game really shits the bed after the water dungeon, actually.

It's the worst 3D Zelda, behind windy waker
>>
>>378856373
You mean the dungeon with the lotus flowers and the statue final boss? Fuck, that's the last one I finished. How does it shit the bed?
>>
>>378856969
That guy's a pleb, the latter half of the game has better dungeons and some really cool set pieces.

i legitimately enjoyed collecting Tadtones in the Flooded Faron Woods
>>
>>378856969
Ridiculous amounts of backtracking making you realize how empty the game is
The Lanaryu desert backtracking is the best part in the game though
>>
>>378855497
I don't think it's you, I started playing it years ago without reading anything about and I liked it a lot, surely there are flaws like the empty sky but I've never had any problem with motion controls and some levels were amazing (the desert above everything). Also, first Zelda princess that you could care about a little.
If I remember correctly second half is even better. Good game overall.
>>
>>378857168
Wew, that's a relief. I've been worried.

>>378857251
I haven't mind the backtracking so far, since every time you go back somewhere it's with a new ability or a new way of seeing things. I've actually really enjoyed some of the backtracking due to this effect, such as using my knowledge of the layout of the woods and desert to get through the Silent Realms. Going back to Skyview Temple with the ability to swim made me appreciate that dungeon more.

It's not like the backtracking in Paper Mario TTYD where it's just a waste of time running back and forth to pad out the game.

>>378857349
Oh yeah, SS certainly has its flaws for me so far, but it seems like a good Zelda game. I dunno. I'm having a fun time. Why was it panned on release?
>>
As a sucker for childhood friends settings I really love the relationship of Link and Zelda.
>>
>>378858461
Same
>>
>>378858461
>>378858529
Without spoiling me too much, do they actually get together? I feel bad for Link repeatedly getting NTR'd out of time with Zelda, when that was his initial motivation for the entire adventure. It seems like he's being manipulated into all of this nonsense.
>>
>>378855497
thanks for the reaction img
>>
>>378859205
>not appreciating the wordplay
Honestly one of the best comics to come out of the drawthread.
>>
>>378858963
You will like the ending.
>>
>>378858963
I'd say you'll surely get a satisfactory answer at the end. Groose, the wannabe NTR villain is definitely one of the most memorable character.
>>
File: ss zelda smile.gif (355KB, 500x245px) Image search: [Google]
ss zelda smile.gif
355KB, 500x245px
>>378859656
>>378859681
Thanks everyone! Back in I go to finish playing "the worst Zelda game of all time".
>>
>>378857963
I feel like people thought that the game would be the second coming of Christ, and it turned out merely good. On the other hand though, I don't think BoTW felt enough like Zelda. Those dungeons fucking sucked. Hyrule castle was excellent though, can we have some dungeons like that?
>>
>>378859932
Mm, that makes sense. It's weird to see everyone just accepting it as the worst Zelda game ever in almost every Zelda ranking thread I've seen.

I thought that the dungeons were all right since they gave you many different ways to solve the dungeons, but I hope that they're longer and more involved in future games.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.