[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Overwatch worth playing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: rep.jpg (96KB, 831x1000px) Image search: [Google]
rep.jpg
96KB, 831x1000px
Is Overwatch worth playing?
>>
>>378854492
It's fun for like 20 hours tops than falls really fast because it's so shallow

Also the balancing is a joke
>>
>>378854492
yeah, as long as you never play "competitive"
>>
>>378854492
They just buffed reaper to heal 20% of any damage he does, so I see the last nail in the ana controlled meta. Ana controlled meta dying means the game will become fun again.
>>
>>378854590
competitive is better than everything else.

All other game modes are filled with people training or trolling. At least a week after competitive is out all the shitters are low rank or booted.
>>
>>378854587
>I'm bad
>>
>>378854492
Worth playing, but not worth paying the price they want for it. So shortly, no.
>>
>>378854587
>>378854590
t. Hardstuck in plat

>>378854747
>>378854901
Correct

Also to respond to you OP, play it, it's probably the only good multiplayer game we've had in a while
>>
>>378854747
>he thinks competitive isnt filled with trolls
>>
>>378854747
overwatch doesn't work as a competitive game and is therefore filled with people trying to push a nonexistent meta. if your dps slots are taken and you're forced into healer/tank your chances of winning pretty much come down to how good your teammates are, since there's pretty much 0 solo carry potential. also, just like any competitive video game, you're forced to deal with babby autists whining in the mic every 3 minutes.

but if that's yr sorta thing then have at it i guess.
>>
>>378855234
You could say that about any team based game with mics.

You always going to have power struggles and conflicting opinions. I am not saying overwatch competitive is the best this ever. Just that if you stay clear of silver, git good with multiple characters you can dodge most of the games bullshit community.
>>
>>378855075
>Haha dance around trying to get pickoffs until you have ulti
>Once entire team has ulti you go and hope that the other team either has less ultis on cooldown or are worse at using them than your team
>If you win the ulti battle you get the checkpoint/win, if you don't you have to wait another 2 minutes and try again

Rinse and repeat every game, wow so exciting. Doesn't help after every death you have to spend a good 20 seconds casually strolling back to the frontline.
>>
>>378855695
Average player dies 3-4 times. So it's not a bad thing and the maps are set up in such a way that makes it really fun to charge back in.

Such as Point A being closer to the assault team and Point B being closer to Defending.
>>
>>378854492

It was fun before Ana came along and changed the meta
>>
File: 146574684.jpg (64KB, 680x886px) Image search: [Google]
146574684.jpg
64KB, 680x886px
>>378854492
If you play with friends it's fun, if not it's pure cancer
>>
>>378854671
It's only a buff under certain circumstances.

During direct fights it offers higher levels of sustain, particularly against tanks or during his ultimate.

Down side is that you don't have the health globes lying around so if you can't get in for the damage the healing you get is actually reduced.

Another thing to look at is how much health you get back. Unless a target has 250hp or more and you kill it solo, you get less back than a soul. This means that only when you're tank busting are you getting that sustain.

At least with the new Roadhog changes it's a lot safer to challenge him.

Don't get me wrong, I like the change but it doesn't really bring him straight into the meta. As it stands, dive is still way too strong and unless it gets toned down or something else gets reworked it'll stay that way for a while.
>>
>>378854492
No.
>>
>>378856192
>At least with the new Roadhog changes it's a lot safer to challenge him.

nah this is bullshit pandering to players. Roadhog was a great way to punish players who refused to stay with their team. If squishy players actually stuck with their tanks they would not have a problem.
>>
>>378856459
Roadhogs changes give him insane shield pressure and increase his damage at range.

>Clip size increased to 5
>Damage reduced by 33%
>Fire Rate increased by 33%

Although this weakens his 1HK potential on Hook Combos he can pressure really well and if he misses a shot he doesn't wander around idly for 1.5 seconds waiting to shoot again. This brings him back into the meta in a way because as it stands Roadhog isn't as great against dive as it appears. Yes if he lands a hook he can secure a kill but this leaves him open to the rest of the enemy team who will be there and then he's just an ult battery and you get free charge off him. If he miss the hook then he's just an ult battery.

There's also the McCree buff to his ultimate to consider which now makes it usable for securing kills rather than just zoning or applying pressure.
>>
I got bored of it after about 40 hours. A whole lot of wasted potential and pandering to casuals, plus it will never be balanced. It's a fun game with colorful characters, you will probably get your money's worth. Playing it competitively or argue about the meta are as laughable as people who take TF2 seriously.
>>
>>378857012
That what is so annoying. The whole Meta blizzard is pushing for is sustained damage between the teams with as little variation to one extreme as possible. Roadhog was fine because as you said he was an ult battery, but in exchange you had that hooking 1 shot. It was a solid exchange of give and take. But now they moved him more to the middle of the road which is a bummer.

All these buffs and nerfs are just trying to remove and chage of picking for all characters.
Hell blizzard doesn't even know what to do with the infiltrator character anymore. Since everytime they buff them they are op in the right hands but on average are garbage without a buff.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.