[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WAKING UP BREAKING OUT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: Shadow-the-Hedgehog-1-1024x667.png (640KB, 1024x667px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow-the-Hedgehog-1-1024x667.png
640KB, 1024x667px
WAKING UP
BREAKING OUT
>>
>>378853410
pshh nothin' personnel kiddo
>>
>>378853410
[Gunshot noises]
THIS IS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE FREE
>>
>>378853410
Where's that DAMN fourth chaos emerald
>>
>>378853410
I was a kid who barely played any sonic game besides heroes.
I liked this game.
Then later on when I saw on the internet that everyone hated it I was confused why. And that's when I realized that it was regarded with a different standard than mine due to all the games that came out before.
Funny how a legacy changes a game's reception completely huh? Now that I played other games I can completely see it as a trash sonic game. But that doesn't deny that I enjoyed the game when I played it as a teenage kid.
>>
>>378855475
It's still a good game tho. I'd argue that it competes with the Adventure games and Riders for the spot of "best gameplay in the series"
>>
>>378855475
Its unironically a decent 3D sonic game and its ironically an amazing 3D sonic game.

DO IT DO IT DO IT
>>
>>378853410
ALL HAIL SHADOW HEROES RISE AGAIN
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 386x206px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 386x206px
>>378855626
>I'd argue that it competes with the Adventure games and Riders for the spot of "best gameplay in the series"
Of course if you mean series of Sonic games made only in the 2000's
>>
>>378856056
If by 2000s you mean every year so far after 2000, then yes. The classic games were good too, but it's hard to make a proper comparison because of how much the change from 2D to 3D affects things. In the end, I just prefer the 3D games. I'd make a better case for it if I had time.
>>
>>378853410
man he looks so cool
>>
File: 2048928098495830954.png (87KB, 223x536px) Image search: [Google]
2048928098495830954.png
87KB, 223x536px
>>378853410
Shadow! Please help me!
We need to run around this complicated maze of an Ark for 20 minutes looking for aliens to kill and people to save behind hidden walls
>>
>>378856805
The flashback levels were ass but they were the only ones I remember hating. Kinda makes me want to play it again to see how bad they are to me now.

Plus that amazing soundtrack
>>
>>378856958
the music for these stages were the only things good about them
they're better than I remember
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMMyFng5J1o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a92vP0c6I58
>>
>>378856805
>tfw that level was actually easier in expert mode because all of the scientists were at the end of the level
>>
>>378857089
Do you even know what >tfw means newfag?
>>
>>378853410

In 2005, my first year oh high school I made an account on this hip new site called MySpace that all the kids were using. My family was a also a little poor (just me and mom in a one bedroom house at the time) so I didn't have a digital camera at all

So, at the time, I used a picture of shadow the hedgehog as my profile picture on MS, not a fan art pic, just something like your's OP

A friend of mine was also trying to get me to tell this girl I had a crush on her at the time, which just equated to, I thought she was cute

I messaged her for awhile and had that shadow pic as my main thing,

She didn't shit talk me or anything just tended to deflect my conversation.

Looking back that was probably one of the most cringe worthy things I've ever done

What about you /v/?
>>
>>378857354
It's actually >that tfw when you newfag
>>
File: S.T.H._-_Artwork_-_5_(Logo).png (125KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
S.T.H._-_Artwork_-_5_(Logo).png
125KB, 480x600px
>>378853410
I just replayed and beat this game last week, first time playing in years.

Its not that bad, the worst part is getting lost in levels, but they're so linear that as long as you're looking around you more times then not you can find everything you need for missions.

The guns are completely fine, and since this was before they improved the homing attack, honestly more reliable then it. Also this was the first game to make switching rails while grinding not a pain. The vehicles are too stiff and slow however, so they suck ass to use.

The game's story uses Shadow's lost of memory from Heroes as the premise, but over all the game is a GIANT love letter to SA2 and the fans of SA2.

From music that is remixed from SA2 or music that has similar beats to SA2, Shadow's flashbacks, characters, and even levels having similar looks to the areas from SA2.

Shadow "leaving his past behind him," can also be seen as a send off to SA2 as a whole.

The levels have replay value, since almost everyone one has 3 missions, and they also hide 5 keys, the secret doors the keys open can have a really good secret weapon, or even a shortcut in it, making getting A ranks and what not easier.

The game even rewards you for beating all of the different endings. But the game does kind of drag when going for the other 5 endings you didn't get yet, since you have to more likely then not play the same levels, even if you try to spicy things up and do different missions.

Over all, I could feel that Sega put love into Shadow the Hedgehog, but they didn't put the care needed to make sure it was the best it could be. Is it a bad game like people like to meme? No. Is it a good game? I can't really say it is since it does have flaws. At its worst its a boring game, but it clear Sega were at least trying, just ended up an average game that I'm conflicted if I hate or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfTWj6-o-OU
>>
File: 1494973496813.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
1494973496813.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>378857809
>this was before they improved the homing attack
>improved
>IM-FUCKING-PLYING
>>
File: look-at-these-blacks.png (547KB, 873x541px) Image search: [Google]
look-at-these-blacks.png
547KB, 873x541px
"Good job smashing up all those black creatures, Shadow!"
>>
>>378857809
I'm curious: what was your favorite level?
>>
>>378858046
Unleashed was the game that added in letting you know if you could homing attack or not an enemy, and who you would be aiming for.

There were points in Heroes and other games before that, when I'd homing attack something and Sonic would just stop for no reason and fly over them.

Or cases where you're trying to use the air dash part of the move, but the game will homing attack something you weren't even looking at.

So yeah, it did get improved later on.

>>378858402
I didn't do every single thing in the game, but I kind of like Lethal Highway. I was doing the hero mission in most of my runs in the story, so it came as a big surprise to see more level when I did the dark mission later on.

I fucking died at the end of the level because I tried to be fancy and light dash into a loop, only for it to fling me to my death.
>>
>>378854993
RIP IT UP
TEAR IT DOWN
>>
>>378858681
Unleashed had the issue of homing attack and boost being on the same button though. So you were far more likely to rocket off into space.
>>
>>378858915
Oh right, I forgot about that, and it was retarded someone thought that was a good idea.

Thankfully by Generations they realized that was stupid.
>>
>>378858681
I think my biggest gripe with the new homing attack is the physics of it. I don't mind having a targeting reticule, but I hate how the air dash isn't just a burst of speed that gives you momentum. Now when you use it, it's a short dash in a quick boost in a straight line that SLOWS DOWN at the end. Plus, it's not affected by gravity like it used to be, and that feels pretty off IMO.
>>
At the time it was released, Shadow was the worst Sonic-related game of all time. Previous terrible games were mostly relegated to handheld, or were simply mediocre like the Saturn games. It's only after getting 06, 4, Free Riders, Lost World and Boom that Shadow has looked better by comparison, and that's discounting the people who hate boost simply because it's boost. But that doesn't mean it's a good game.
>>
>>378853410
THIS IS LIKE TAKING CANDY FROM A BABY
WHICH IS FINE BY ME!
>>
>>378858681
>Lethal Highway
I never would have guessed. I hear people say Lava Shelter quite a lot, along with Circus Park, Cryptic Castle, Cosmic Fall, Space Gadget, Iron Jungle and occasionally the cyberspace levels, but I don't think anyone has ever told me that Legal Highway was their favorite
>>
>>378859176
But it IS a good game, and always has been. If anything, it's being looked upon better now because Sonic has become such utter trash that people are willing to actually give Shadow a chance rather than parrot the opinions of others.
>>
>>378858864
THIS IS WHAT IT MEANS TO BE FREE
>>
WHERE IS THAT DAMN FOURTH CHAOS EMERALD
>>
>>378859576
I was thinking of adding Circus Park, its a neat level, and I enjoyed it, the hero mission with Tails is a neat idea of collecting rings, since there's so many points you can get them.

I remember as a kid I hated that level, since I was bad at games and died a lot in it, so I lost all my rings.

Cosmic Fall is a really cool level from a design stand point, just on the fact you're platforming on falling pieces of the Ark.

Lava Shelter has an almost choice your on difficulty thing going on, seeing as helping Eggman makes the lava rise, and makes the level harder in turn.

Both cyberspace levels are neat on the fact they are something the main console Sonic games have never touched at all up to that point.

Honestly Lethal Highway was the first thing that came to mind when you asked, but those levels I pointed out from your levels said I like as well.
>>
>>378860273
FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM
>>
>try to replay game recently
>spend 50 fucking minutes scavenger hunting for the last person in the colony
>reminded why I hate the game
never again
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.