[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lightning returns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: guBo0C.jpg (596KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
guBo0C.jpg
596KB, 1920x1080px
what's the consensus on lightning returns /v/? 5 hours in and I think it's the strongest game in the trilogy and one of the best in the series
>>
>>378845176
I hear it's the better of the 3, but thats not saying much when the first 2 were pretty bad. I only played the 13 and 13-2, and I hated 13, 13-2 was better because they didn't use the old characters as much and the battle system was better.
>>
I haven't gotten far into LR but XIII-2 was so fucking bad. I played it for several hours since people insisted it was really good, but what I got was the same braindead combat from XIII but with a pokemon system on top of it. And also animu cringe cranked up to 1000.

It's a disgrace that this shitty game somehow became a trilogy nobody asked for.
>>
>>378845606
that's true XIII-2 was an abortion, but from what it seems lightning returns seems to correct the other two entries by having pretty good combat and a pretty engaging story line
>>
>>378845176
I like all 3 games but i would say the third one is the best if you dont like them in the first place
>>
>>378845768
I don't see how you could hate XIII-2 and like LR.
Did you just hate Serah?
>>
File: VP2_FF-LR_combat.jpg (266KB, 698x822px) Image search: [Google]
VP2_FF-LR_combat.jpg
266KB, 698x822px
>>378845176
>dat feel when we got Lightning Returns instead of Valkyrie Profile 3
>>
>>378845176
it's unlike either two games and probably better for it. lightning is still a shitty non-character, though.
>>
>>378845768
You must be on crack. XIII-2 is easily the best out of the three.
>>
>>378845176
well I can tell you it ain't the best in the series of final fantasy, but better than the last 2.
>>
Storyline is shit.
Lightning narrating is shit.
Gameplay is very difficult.

Not being able to get higher tier spells because you made something to extinct before the final days = the absolute worst gameplay design choice. What are you playing this on, the PC or console? If you're on the PC, there should be a mod that gets rid of the locked abilities on the dresses, the combat system holds itself back for balancing issues when it should be a lot of fun to really customize everything.

It's not an easy game. I beat it without restarting the time cycle and NG+ is even harder. I even did that kill every monster quest that sucks up so much time. I got my money's worth out of it, it tries to simulate Dark Souls and Majora's Mask a lot.
>>
>>378845176
It's Valkyrie Profile, right? It's gotta be pretty decent.
>>
>>378848137
>gameplay is too difficult
Is this what modern gaming has driven us towards? criticizing anything that's remotely challenging is pathetic, the gameplay is fine, you just need to get good or stick to halo and uncharted
>>
>>378849021
plays nothing like it and the story is nothing like it.
So no, i don't see how it's valkyrie profile
>>
>>378850012
I did a lot of sidequests and I found to Snow+ (second boss I encounter) to be one of the hardest things in the game by far on a fresh playthrough. Playing the game out of order means the ones who get postponed get buffed.
>>
>>378848137
Fucking casual. Get the fuck off of my /v/
>>
>>378848137
>Majora's Mask
I never understood why people say this. Majora's mask does not actually have a time limit, whereas LR does.
>Dark Souls
How are they even similar at all, I don't see it.

I didn't think the game was hard at all except for Caius, who apparently doesn't scale depending on when you take him on. I didn't fight any of the + bosses though, I did all the story in the first 5 days and spent the next 9 days doing side quests and shit.
>>
>>378845176

>one of the best in the series.

Don't be a fucking clown. The XIII series was awful and LR was the worst one, atrocious story and Hope is still the most unlikable character in FF history.
>>
>>378851706
But the gameplay is top tier.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.