[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Don't Starve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: ds06[1].png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ds06[1].png
1MB, 1280x720px
Bought this game all its dlcs when it was on sale. Haven't got around to playing it yet. Is it worth my time?
>>
Your time is worthless so yeah, go for it.
>>
>>378844438
This game is tedious, you'll either die during night time or get bored
>>
>>378844438
It's fun for a short while, but gets very irritating frankly. Restarting everything takes longer than it should, and a lot of stuff can just one shot you ruining your progress
>>
>>378844438
i put in about 350 hours between single player and multiplayer. had my fun with it. it's worth your time if you like not being explicitly told what to do and what is what.
>>
>>378844763
So there is no shitty tutorial then? Sounds great, i like games where i have to figure out shit myself.
>>
>>378844438
the standard campaign was actually pretty fun since it requires you to find certain objectives while balancing the survival mechanics the game throws at you. It feels impossible the first few times, but eventually if your gud enuf you can figure out the strategy needed to make it through each scenario

the basic survival mode is surprisingly relaxing. The best way to experience that is with you and at least 1 other friend going in blind and trying to figure all the insane shit the game throws at you
>>
>>378844843
no tutorial. you get dropped into a world, told that you might not want to starve, and the rest is all up to you.
>>
>>378844438
Best survival crafting game that's not in early access, although by that merit alone, the game should be enough to check out.
>>
File: 1495568196736.jpg (198KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1495568196736.jpg
198KB, 1000x667px
Can I build a semi self-sustainable farm yet?
>>
Is the co-op good? I tried playing the game years ago but it was legit too stressful for me alone
>>
game is hard as fuck. don't spoil it by reading up no guides and stuff,
>>
>>378845301
i feel like co-op is good if you have a friend you can steadily play with. dropping into worlds with randoms doesn't work for me because the worlds usually get erased all the time and i dont feel like i progress at all
>>
the game is worthless
it's ugly, terrible sound design and shitty gameplay that revolves around following a certain build order

refund while you can
>>
>>378845534
of course you need the essentials like a fire,backpack and a science machine but everything else isn't "build order". There are lots of different ways to survive off of different things.
>>
Wait. There's an actual goal to this game?
>>
>>378845534
This is the exact same comment (you) post in every thread. I'm sorry you are too bad at the game.

As for OP. Yes, its one of the only survival games that are actually about survival. Most other titles are auto-win the moment you start them. Its also full of content. After around 80hrs there's still lots of stuff I haven't seen or build. DLC content is pretty good. Especially Shipwrecked.
>>
>>378846361
Not really, but once you achieve self-sufficiency, you can explore caves. And once you did that you can build a portal to go to another world, and start anew.
>>
>>378844659
Survive one full year, and there is literally nothing left to do. The game gets progressively easier the longer you play it, and once the first winter is over there's nothing left you can't handle.

Except the story / challenge mode, I guess? Tried that once - spawned during winter near a boss and died from the cold since I couldn't stop running to build a campfire, what with the boss chasing me. So there's that.
>>
>I purchased a product before trying it first
wtf
>>
>>378844871
That's a real person? She's so photoshopped I thought it was a digital painting.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.