[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memba LBP?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: little-big-planet.jpg (267KB, 1066x465px) Image search: [Google]
little-big-planet.jpg
267KB, 1066x465px
I memba. What went wrong though? The first game was everywhere for a time, but then... I guess it was the "too much, too fast" syndrome. But still, much fun was had with this.
>>
Steven Universe DLC is a thing
>>
>>378839282
They ruined it with excessive milking.
PSP PREQUEL
PS3 SEQUEL
VITA SEQUEL TO PREQUEL
PS3 AND PS4 SEQUEL TO SEQUEL
KARTING SPINOFF
MOTION CONTROL GIMMICK SPINOFF

The worst thing is that LBP2 and LBP3 didn't do anything that would warrant buying them again. They could easily be released as Expansions for base game in form of big DLC. But nope, they milked this shit DRY. I still remember how LBP1 has like 10.000$ worth of DLC costumes for Sackboy and you need to rebuy all of them again for LBP2 and LBP3.
>>
>>378839282
LBP 2 was the perfect sequel, but the 3rd game should not be mentioned.
>>
DLC having to be rebought ensured no one bought the other ones. That's like the base level thing for most people I know with the first. They all spent like $50 or $60 in DLC and refuse to buy another game and lose it. The second and third also barely add any new content. the new characters in 3 are just awful, so I don't blame anyone for not buying it. It was on PS+ though, so I finally tried it and it was just plain meh. The whole "you can play any level from LBP1 OR 2!" thing was cool in idea but there's really only a a handful of decent levels, so many people stopped making real levels and moved to making "experiences" after a couple months. Sorta like how mario maker turned into tons of "don't move" or "hold right" stages after a few weeks.
>>
LittleBigPlanet is the best platformer ever. They could've easily have saved the franchise by not having it as a PlayStation exclusive. It would be perfect on PC
>>
>>378839740
Uhm...

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/10/31/littlebigplanet-3-fully-backwards-compatible/
>>
>>378839694
This
LPB 1 and 2 were fucking amazing
LPB 3 had some interesting ideas but overall it was pure trash.
>>
>>378839973
>tfw nobody remembers LBP PSP
Unlike Vita version, it was a full fledged game.
Vita version is just a port of LBP2 with story stripped out.
>>
>>378839520
The fact that you could create a stage where Judge Dredd had to infiltrate Doctor Doom's castle with official costumes was what sold me. It's a shame the DC costumes were added far too late to the game.

Generally, some stages were absolutely phenomenal. The additions of LBP2 with the bots opened the doors for some really brilliant stuff. But they were like diamonds in the rough.

Nifty idea, just a shame it died so early. I still remember buying Playstation Magazine back in 2007 or so and reading the articles about it.
>>
For me, I just grew up. Favorite childhood game tho 11/10
>>
>>378840039
Marvel and DC and most of other "Crossover" DLC aren't even available anymore. Sony removed them because they didn't want to renew licenses. So if you want all that shit, you have to pirate on PS3.
>>
>>378839620
>you need to rebuy all of them again for LBP2 and LBP3
nah bro that's wrong, all the DLC for (even level packs, not just costumes) are backwards compatible between the games

I think LBP2 was a huge leap both graphically and in terms of gameplay (the grappling hook was fun as fuck for example) and it also added tonnes of much needed features to the level editor.
LBP vita was great, one of my favourite games on the vita.
LBP3 was the redundant one, it didn't add much, was buggy as fuck and it just didn't have the charm of the other games. It wasn't even made my Media Molecule, it was done by a mish mash group of indies that MM had previously oursourced some work for LBP2 to, then sony thought it was a good idea to trust them with a full fat sequel.

Never played LBP psp or karting but I heard they were pretty meh.

I think if they went back to the idea of doing a f2p LBP with all of the content from all of the games then it could be great. Could just as easily end up like LBP3 though, fuck that.
>>
>>378839740
>DLC having to be rebought
except this is totally wrong.
>>
Same thing that happens to every Sony franchise. They rush through a bunch of games in a single generation, everyone gets sick of it, IP gets shelved.
>>
>>378840219
>Never played LBP psp or karting but I heard they were pretty meh.
PSP one was meh in comparison to big ones but if you consider the hardware limitations of PSP, it was pretty amazing.
>>
>>378840171
Really? Jesus... I haven't played any of the games in years, but damn. That was one of the main reasons people played them.
>>
>>378840307
Yep, really. Google it. The only things left are stuff Sony owns. No crossover things like Marvel or DC left on PS Store.
>>
>>378840171
>>378840307
>>378840352
not entirely true, there's costumes for TMNT, Tekken, Soul Calibur, back to the future, monsters inc, doctor who, etc
Only a minority were removed
>>
>>378840352
>>378840492
I only saw that the Marvel stuff were pulled.
>>
>>378839282
This game was so cute, my sister boughy it for me when I was like 13 or 14 and I ended up wasting hundreds of bucks on the skin dlcs.
>>
>>378840620
Same here. Practically everyone, really. It was like action figure collecting or something.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.