[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>takes 20 minutes of empty fields to go anywhere boy I sure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 30

File: 1488206240411.jpg (194KB, 1276x719px) Image search: [Google]
1488206240411.jpg
194KB, 1276x719px
>takes 20 minutes of empty fields to go anywhere

boy I sure do love """exploring"""

I am playing this on Cemu and the world is too large for how empty it is let me tell you this
>>
Just like every open world game ever
>B-B-B-BUT THIS ONE IS DIFFERENT AND ACTUALLY DOES THE CONCEPT WELL
Always the case with the latest open world game until it isn't.

And there's no such thing as doing the open world concept well. It's ALWAYS trash.
>>
stop playing it then, ya bastard.
>>
>>378838279
yeah same with ff xv and witcher 3

>but fast travel!

if I can teleport then what's the point?
>>
>>378838295
>stop playing it then, ya bastard.
I can't it's very fun
>>
>>378838279
Gothic games did it well, because PB back than understood that open world != huge world.
>>
File: Try me Motherfucker.jpg (135KB, 1179x675px) Image search: [Google]
Try me Motherfucker.jpg
135KB, 1179x675px
>>378838279
>And there's no such thing as doing the open world concept well. It's ALWAYS trash.

That's just dumb and not factual
>>
MGSV had that problem too, even worse if anything. The "open world" didn't really add anything to the game, sometimes you'd extract some recruits out of boredom but otherwise there was nothing to do in it other than cross it to get to the next mission startpoint. A bunch of well-designed self-contained Ground Zeroes-tier levels with a more traditional mission select format would've been better.
>>
>>378839095
i agree. probs wouldnt have stopped playing after the 1st mission if there was less vastness. it just means it takes more time to get to the interesting bits. As a young tike i would have preferred open world but i just don't have that sort of time to throw away as an adult.
>>
>>378839250
Yet you find time to shitpost on 4chan.
>>
>>378839295
I'm at work
>>
Cant even bother to get a new screenshot instead of the generic shitposting one?
Looking forward to buying the DLC for this game.
>>
Is it playable in cemu? Been avoiding these threads for a long time.
>>
File: 1489187965361.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1489187965361.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>378839380
I have plenty of screenshots, but this lures people

>>378839408
>Is it playable in cemu?
it's 100% finishable

you need a 4.0 Ghz intel cpu if you want more than 20 fps tho (I do)
>>
If it had some good gameplay or was challenging in some respect, it might've been worth finishing. As it stands it just feels like a demo for Chemistry. Like they're convinced that everything they've done up to this point in the series (Combat, Puzzle Design, Story, etc...) is so fantastic, that they can now focus 100% of their time and budget on (ironically) unoriginal technology, and just throw everything in afterwards. And what are the odds? They can, apparently.

Regardless, I quit during the fourth "dungeon" after having explored the map and a half dozen villages or so.
>>
>>378839095

MGSV is the closest equivalent and I've been saying it since release but you were literally unable to criticize the game back then.

Both games have some fucking awesome TECHNOLOGY moments that make the time when you're actually engaged in a well designed and populated area a blast to play. But they're also both company's first foray into open world and so the everything is just fucking barren actually getting to those fun parts.

If both Phantom Pain and BotW were more like Ground Zeroes they'd be 10/10s for me. What we need in this industry is to differentiate between sandbox and open world. People tend to think of them as the same thing but it's the difference between Ground Zeroes' tightly crafted environment that you're given free roam in vs. Phantom Pain's entire world of nothingness.
>>
Lol okay OP.
It's a shame you're unable to immerse yourself in an open world that's semi-realistic. It's all about looking out for things. Very rarely do you find a legitimately open field that has nothing.

I don't know what your attitude coming into the game was but I can assure you there's plenty to discover.

Keep trying and maybe you'll get it. I hope you find in that game, what everyone else did. It's really good.
>>378840030
MGS5 wasn't as good because you were going from mini-hub to mini-hub and that had actually nothing in between. The fun of the game comes from how you use the toolset given to you by the game to interact with the hubs as they're set up.

But hey, nothing is for everyone. Not even life.
>>
>>378840504
>It's all about looking out for things.
I can play 1 hour a day and since I left the plateau I spend at least 20 minutes of that hour travelling, every day
>>
>>378840504

That's what I'm saying though. The "hubs" in BotW and MGSV are great fun but everything in between is dull and lifeless. BotW has fun movement options but that only carries the game so far. There's just zero reason BotW needed to be a completely open world. It could have just as easily worked as sectioned off hub worlds. So imagine previous Zelda games only you can climb all over everything an approach from any direction. Then you're not dealing with how dull the world is. It trims the fat. Linearity isn't bad.
>>
>>378839510
>it's 100% finishable
So they fixed all the bugs? I remember there still being issues with some shrines or something, and some graphical issues.
>>
>>378840846
you get the occasional crash because the gpu clock sometimes goes further than the cpu clock

graphics are good on nvidia,
only "bug" would be the camera pictures come out black but you can still do the missions
>>
>>378840709
That's what it is. Great Plateau, Hebra, Akkala, Gerudo Desert, etc are all "sectioned off hub worlds"
>>
>>378841017
Then why bother putting endless space between them?
>>
>>378839095

MGSV had a lot of those areas.

The main Russian base in afganistan, the power plant, the prison, the barracks, the airport and the mines, the cave system, ruins, oil refinery. There were a shit ton of areas that were fun to infiltrate over and over again.

You barely have to engage with the open world altough sabotaging anti air defences and disrupring communication before major missions helps a ton, knowing the landscape and the site beforehand is useful as fuck as well.

The only real flaw is that MGSV didn't have all of its ambitious goals completed. Like the mediocre 3rd chapter and not getting Eli story resolved.
>>
>>378839510
Currently playing it in Cemu. I'd say I'm about 60% done with almost everything. I can't stop playing it.

30fps or more in many areas.
4.7Ghz i7-4790k
>>
GTAV has good open world.
>>
>>378838216
You do use the stables and horses though right? You did find a 4 speed horse right? You do engage in what's most likely the best horse back combat in any game, right?
>>
>>378842027
Only because there's sometimes enemies everywhere, BoTW doesn't have that.

Oh wait...
>>
>>378842127
Nigga I could ride a car or a motorbike

The world is still too empty for how big it is
>>
>>378842127
Probably didn't even realize he could get a horse lol. Another autist who took the bait of all the other shit posts and played 20 minutes just come here to shitpost and be able to say he played it lol.
>>
File: d96[1].jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
d96[1].jpg
43KB, 500x500px
>Ravoli's Gale up to the top of the tallest mountain
>Glide across vast distances
>>
>>378838216
I could tell you the secret and what the problem with this game is and how it would have been a literal 10/10 game. If you know a thing about game design, you'd understand it immediately if I told you.
>>
>>378839510
And why don't you have any OC screenshots when you are playing it?

Why does this game make you so mad?

Everyone loves it and it sells like hot cakes. Get over it.
>>
>>378842216
Okay, what more would you add besides the plethora of enemies, chests, korok seeds, shrines, dragons, horses, side quests, ambushes, scenery, paragliding, etc.

Everyone has been playing a shitty open world apparently until you finally opened our eyes!

What would you add to make it better OP? Tell us what would make this awful game so much better in your all seeing eyes.
>>
File: image.jpg (143KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 724x1024px
>>378839095
Oh man. How right you are. I remember how excited I was after playing Ground Zeroes thinking the game was going to be made up of 4 or 5 similarly dense maps filled with a "we stuck a bomb in your waifu's butt and murdered your friends" apocalypse now/become vengeance incarnate plot.

Instead we got a goats and horse poop walking simulator with a "we stuck a dick up your butt and Lol your friends are weird" plot.

Pic related.
>mfw
>>
>>378839510
>you need a 4.0 Ghz intel cpu if you want more than 20 fps tho (I do)
what about those people that said it runs 30fps on a pentium
>>
>>378842432
That screenshot is mine, saved from my last time posting it because mobileposting

>I see a 4chan filename, I'm a perfect detective!!!
>>
>>378842450
more stuff
>>
>>378839380
>Looking forward to buying the DLC for this game.
damn you absolutely blew the fuck out of everyone in this thread
>>
>>378842486
That was one dude who made a video with shit quality, and it dropped to 20fps constantly.
But if you have a newer CPU, then around 3-3.5 could be playable.
>>
>>378842450
>Korok seeds

Ahahahahahahah are nintendo fags so easily pleased?
>>
>>378842517
OMG BRILLIANT, HOW DID WE NOT SEE IT BEFORE. GUYS STOP PLAYING THIS AWFUL GAME UNTIL THEY ADD MORE STUFF
>>
File: 13925698884.jpg (194KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
13925698884.jpg
194KB, 1280x720px
>>378841797
>The only real flaw is that MGSV didn't have all of its ambitious goals completed.
Yeah, and that it literally wastes your life time when you're forced to watch Snake being transported with the chopper or waiting for the chopper, especially in the base but also before every single time you enter the open world or take on a mission... Meanwhile you criticize that you can (you don't have to) explore vast areas in Zelda where you actually have control over the character and you can actually interact with the environment and it isn't just an empty desert.

It's incredible how many braindead shipsters appear once there is a good game that's critically acclaimed.
>>
>>378842594
Never purchased Nintendo shit since Super Mario 64.

But yes, I am pleased with being able to hold more then 5 weapons at a time. So what would you add?

Bless us with you all knowing knowledge of game development.

Also how's thay indie game coming anon? I'm sure it'll be the best undertake for sure.
>>
>>378842450
>unironically mentioning korok seeds
>>
>>378838216
Wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle.

But, it's a zelda game so it's completely acceptable.
>>
File: 1494973496813.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
1494973496813.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>378842689
>it isn't just an empty desert
It's by far the most empty game in the franchise. I wasn't much if a fan of Wind Waker, but I have to give it and Twilight Princess credit in that department: there was a metric butt ton of hidden areas and stuff to find. Removing key items in dungeons (and proper dungeons, for that matter) was a mistake.
>>
>>378842510
Why would anyone in this world believe you when this screenshot was already posted weeks ago on every internet site there is?

And how would this help your case?

>I'm palying a broken shit version of a game that has glitchy special effects, shit framerate, unplayable missions and weird clipping
>please care about my opinion about it

No. Just no.
>>
>emulator
Opinion discarded
>>
>>378842792
>meme, meme
Good job
>>
>>378842856
BotW is obviously not emptier than WW.
>>
>>378843005
But it is. In terms of actual content, they're about the same, but BoTW's is just a little more spread out than WW. Not much more, but a little. Just replace the great sea with land and they're basically the same.
>>
>>378842450
Honestly I just miss the equipment. It was great to get the boomerang in old games and then know that you can now solve different puzzles with it. It could still be open and these things could be used to find additional shrines. But it just felt like you were wandering through the world until you came across something interesting.
>>
File: image.gif (14KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
14KB, 416x416px
HEY CEMUFAG I KNOW YOURE ENJOYING THE GAME

PLEASE PLEASE SHARE SOME NICE 4K SCREENS

THANKS, FAGGOT
>>
>>378843123
>they're about the same
Do WW fags really really believe this? Seriously this is the greatest balant lie I have ever seen on 4chan, and that's saying something
>>
the Switch is unironically my last Nintendo console forever and ever

fuck them, it's always a scum
>>
>>378842941
nice meme reply
>>
>>378842856
Agreed on the key items, they shouldn't have just given you every rune up front. You should have to earn them as you go. Just something to feel like the world is all connected and you aren't just wading from shrine to shrine.
>>
>>378842216
There's a lot of cool things to find, but you have to do this thing called exploring. There's a whole village that isn't a part of the main quest. You have to actually figure out where the master sword is. Want to know what's on that island?
>>
>>378843143
They literally do that already, not to the degree of older games because how everything works, but they do.

You need certain weapons or certain arrows for a shrine, or certain gear to finish a shrine quest to get to the shrine.

If you haven't done more than 60 shrines yet, you're doing it wrong and you're missing out big time.
>>
>>378843230
Yeah anon, I'm selling my cucktch and buying a PS4Pro™ along with Horizon Zero Dawn™© now, so glad I made the switch (hehe gedit hehe)
>>
>>378843329
actually I gave up on gaming totally. Too many rehashes no new ideas, underpowered consoles, meme artstyles

I'm just browsing v for the shitposting
>>
>>378843412
Unironically same to be honest

Just got me a Vita to Replay all my youth PS1 games and then kill myself
>>
>>378838216
>I have a low iq and ADHD
>games must cater to these two shortcomings I and the rest of this image board share
>>
>>378843485
unfortunately I find gaming uninspired at best. I don't know when but a crash will happen for sure
>>
>>378843585
Butthurt nintendo fanboys, everyone.
>>
>>378843604
Are you fucking kidding me

Leave this board you fucking underage bait
>>
>>378843654
Well the OP already said the image is purposely meant to be bait so I doubt his IQ is anywhere near high

Only brainlets resort to bait to keep a thread alive. Proof? MH threads
>>
File: Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg (18KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg
18KB, 250x248px
>>378838279
A-hem
>>
>>378843654
bought a wii-U used and returned it for a full refund 30 days later - a thing anyone can easily do at Gamestop. First Nintendo console I owned, first Nintendo game I played on my own. Only an idiot would deny BotW's being a great game.
>>
>>378842308
This is probably the most satisfying thing I've done in my gaming career.
It feels so right.
>>
>>378842450
More enemies, more equipment, more towns, NPCs, and setpieces.
>>
>>378843770
Oh wow this actually makes sense
MH fags BTFO
>>
>>378842486
>>378842560
Here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1fk2Mlf2JM
>>
>>378840030
Sandbox = Eventide Island, Great Plateau, Desert
Open World = Everything else
>>
>>378838427
>Gothic games did it well
BRB, need to waste some weeks of my life.
>>
>>378842867
>shit framerate, unplayable missions and weird clipping
Wrong
>>
>>378838216
Id trade those some odd hundred shrines for 6 well designed, pre determined temples ir dungeons any day
>>
>>378838216
Kill yourself autistic faggot

>muh emptiness

not an argument
>>
>>378838216
Why don't you try actually exploring then?
>>
>>378845219
You can feel the nintenbro anger radiating from this post. He was so mad he couldn't formulate an actual response, so he just put "kys" and the "not an argument" meme because his underage brain was literally incapable of coming up with anything else. Why is it so easy to piss off Nintendo fanlets?
>>
>>378845436
>say stupid shit
>that's pretty fucking stupid anon
>hurr durr le u mad le u mad
ah, to be 14 again
>>
>>378838216
I bet OP is a metroidvania cuck. Metroidvania is trash compared to open world design.
>>
>>378838216
>Dense>Vast
Game developers are too stupid to realize this
>>
>>378845436
Empty open world is not an argument so he's right in that regard.
>>
>>378845520
You're right, the post I replied to did say stupid shit. And I called him out on it. What are you implying, exactly? That I'm OP? My apologies, but your post is a little too poorly-constructed to decipher. Maybe try again, but using English this time instead of greentext and memes?
>>
>>378845436
Seek help, nigger.
>>
>>378845585
But it is an argument, anon. Anything can be an argument if you phrase it well. How much is Nintendo paying you to run this damage control?
>>
File: v7SO7KS.jpg (193KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
v7SO7KS.jpg
193KB, 1366x768px
Don't worry OP

Its ok because Nintendo Does it
>>
>>378843123
>In terms of actual content, they're about the same
Korok seeds in BOTW alone are more content to get than everything in WW.
>>
File: Qk9HgMw.png (14KB, 470x259px) Image search: [Google]
Qk9HgMw.png
14KB, 470x259px
How well would it run on my ancient rig?
>>
>>378845689
But the thing it is not even substantiated with real evidence, as if you see nothing for 20 minutes you are running in circles.

Seriously I would like to see a video of someone running in a straight line for 3 minutes in BotW without seeing anything
>>
>>378845772
15 FPS or so

>>378845726
>Those stretched textures
And people say n64 was better than based PlayStation

>>378845763
>Unironically mentioning korok seeds
LOL
>>
>>378845689
It's literally not since every open world game in existence has batches of emptiness. And stop getting so defensive you retarded faggot. I don't even care about Nintendo, I just find it autistic to see faggots like you shitting on open world games and using "empty" as an excuse for their lack of arguments.
>>
>>378838216

They wanted Hyrule to feel vast to make it feel more of an adventure. It's kind of like the long stretches of riding Agro in Shadow of the Colossus. You can technically say it's boring riding where nothing happens (and you aren't wrong) but if you condensed that map so it only took a few minutes to reach each colossus, the world and therefore the whole game would lose its feeling of grandeur. BOTW is similar in that a lot of the adventure feeling comes from the time and effort it takes to get around or find "secrets" even if they're shit secrets, and the majesty and vastness of the landscape.

I'm not saying that BOTW isn't severely lacking in content/variety, but I see a lot of people groaning about the map size and imo it'd be a much different feeling and maybe worse game if you cut the map size and made it so every point of interest is a few minutes from each other.
>>
>>378846048
What would be the specs needed to run it at 60 fps and good resolution?
>>
>>378846048
Wait so they don't count but the islands with puzzles just as simple as Koroks count? We're not even including shrines and towns
>>
>>378845842
>seeing anything
Its not about seeing, its about doing, more specifically do something fun and not something you've already done over and over.

There isn't anything fun about crossing an open field or doing the exact same meaningless thing over and over.
>>
>>378846220
And the goalpost shifting continues. The OP says empty. Not boring. Not repetitive, both of which are subjective. He is saying empty, which is objective

And now I wait for proof.
>>
>>378846168
Game is locked at 30 FPS top
60 would break it and look like Benny hills show

>Resolution
Performance is the same at 720p and 4k, believe it or not.
>>
>>378838216
maybe if you'd paid for the game you'd appreciate it, kys
>>
Calamity Ganon is replaced by Calamity James. What happens to BOTW?
>>
File: icon_MH_Gen.jpg (39KB, 780x516px) Image search: [Google]
icon_MH_Gen.jpg
39KB, 780x516px
>>378838216
>Every botw thread starts with a retarded nonsensical rant
Im fine with this
>>
>>378838279
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zereos proves you wrong.

That level might be the best use of an open-world design in video games history.
>>
>>378842450
How bout some proper zelda esque caves or dungeons to explore in the overworld so it feels like you're actually uncovering some hidden interesting shit during your travels rather than wandering around the open world fighting the same five dudes in different colors? How about Sidquests that aren't fetch quests, with actual characters that you need to learn about and help aside the one time in Kakariko that's KINDA like this (like MM had). A good 50% of shrines are blessing shrines or combat trials that are utterly unsatisfying to complete due to their simplicity, and a fair amount of the puzzle shrines are just single rooms.

Also, chests are worthless since anything you find is usually worse than what you already have. Ambushes straight never happen because enemies have set routines that are observable from miles away, unless you're talking about the fucking ONE Yiga GUY that pops up every five minutes, which hardly constitutes a proper ambush. It's more like a minor annoyance since it's almost no threat to you whatsoever.

Game's good, but there's absolutely shit that can be improved upon.
>>
>>378846096

Retards complaining about empty space in games are the same ones complaining UI layouts having white space. They don't realise that our brains need downtime and breathing room between activity to focus on next tasks otherwise we can't focus worth a shit.

Even adhd fests in online gaming give you downtime between each death.
>>
>>378838375
Then write an essay or something.

But only after (you) finish the game, will ya? =)
>>
>>378839360
then fucking work
>>
>>378846174
Anon, korok puzzles are barely puzzles. Hell, they're barely content. It's obvious that the devs knew the world was empty as fuck and hastily threw a couple mindless block puzzles everywhere to fill space as well as they could. It's good that you don't count shrines or towns since half the shrines are also shit, and the rest don't make up for the egregious empty space in-between, and WW has better towns with more memorable characters no contest.
>>
>>378846304
Empty as in there isn't anything to do, of course its not empty literally, its that the travel to an fro is an "empty" experience.
>>
>>378845219
>>378845585

>Buy a beer
>Pay for it up front
>Bartender puts a pint glass in front of me
>Expect the glass to be filled
>Bartender only fills it up a third of the way
>Hey bartender why is my glass so empty fill it up!
>"EMPTY GLASSES ISN'T AN ARGUMENT!"
>>
>>378846687
>no contest
Oh there is Contest. And what else is there in WW that makes it have the same amount of content as BotW? Shit content in your opinion does not mean no content, WW babby
>>
>>378846740
>it doesn't mean what the word actually means!
What a fucking non-argument.
>>
>>378846596
There's a difference between needing a second to relax and needing five fucking miles of nothing on all sides. Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie had plenty of empty space in-between the actual challenges, but it was the proper amount of space to keep things fun and in BT's case some STILL considered it too much empty space.
>>
>>378846740
Wow so it was fucking nothing but your shit opinion. Jeez I was almost worried people have no sense of direction and just run in circles
>>
>>378846881
The inability to think non-literally is a sign of autism, get yourself checked anon.
>>
>>378846894
>five miles of nothing
Find one (1) grounded area in BotW where this happens. I'll wait. Use the scale as an aggregate for distance
>>
So does cemu run this game near perfect yet? Id love to try it out by getting a switch but im super fucking scared the marketers of nintendo are wrong and it ends up being your average ubisoft "open world" game.
>>
>>378846802
"Shit content does not mean no content"

In that case, I guess Sonic 06 arguably is the better game content-wise than BotW. There's shitloads to do there. It might be "shit content in your opinion", but it's certainly not "no content", shill.
>>
>>378847002
Then say it feels like an empty experience instead of being factually wrong

I think not understanding how to use words is also a sign of autism
>>
>>378846927
Walking Simulators aren't empty either but they're an "empty" experience, understand yet?
>>
>>378847060
But Sonic 06 does not have more content than BotW no matter how you look at it though?

What a shit argument, wherein you strayed from the previous point that WW has as much content as BotW despite the content in WW being more shit and still less.

Wwbabies everyone
>>
>>378840949
>"bug"
It is a bug.
>>
>>378847097
No. Especially since walking simulator is such a loosely defined term I can't understand at all. Some people call Skyrim a walking simulator. You mean story-heavy games? In that case I disagree too
>>
>>378847046
>im super fucking scared the marketers of nintendo are wrong
Marketers obviously have your best interests in mind. They wouldn't deceive you just to sell the game even though that's their job. Just be a good goy and spend some money on a switch so you can play one (1) game. Definitely worth it.
>>
>>378838279
Sorry mate but GTA will always do open world right.
>>
>>378847006
Look at the game map. Any pathway between any two locations is a massive empty plot of land with recycled enemies (featuring shallow combat) and tedious shit like weather conditions getting in the way. This speaks to the issue with the game's overall design. It presents the illusion of content; ultimately 60 or so good shrines do not make up for 60 shit ones, when the good ones themselves are so varied in length. Equally, it feels like the game world punishes exploring it with shit like that cave with the leviathan bones having nothing but a blessing shrine within it considering the fact that the aesthetic of the area itself is really cool, and yet, the cave itself is so small and devoid of shit to do other than look at some bones and get a garbage reward that it feels like I'm being mocked for trying to get immersed in the world.
>>
>>378847378
Still not seeing proof here, mind recording a video where you run into nothing but enemies for 5 miles?
>>
>>378847149
06 has more replayable content. Each mission has 3 variations, ten missions per character, five bosses per character, 20 side missions per character, a boss rush mode for DLC, and a mode where you play as three other characters through seven levels, and there are 360 medals to collect in addition to this, and in addition to clearing the main quest. It focuses on improving score in an arcade-esque manner, with an emphasis on rings and is therefore the game with the greater time commitment and hence greater content over time if you choose to commit yourself to it because it actually encourages playing through its shit with the scoring system which gives it greater longevity that BotW simply cannot achieve.
>>
File: 1244410124010.jpg (84KB, 389x383px) Image search: [Google]
1244410124010.jpg
84KB, 389x383px
>>378847257
I like you, anon. You tell them how it is. Well, soon they're going to have two (2) games on their system.
>>
>>378847681
Yes you can. BotW is infinitely more replayable due to the light RPG elements in the game and you can do special runs, as well as the open world. There are more things to collect as well, and the """score""" can simply be speedruns
>>
>>378847465
Record it yourself, play it here, and I'll fact check. That's the best way to handle it right? You wouldn't want me to provide an inaccurate portrayal of your 7.5/10 game, after all. Shill to your heart's content, my guy.
>>
>>378838279
STALKER.
>>
>>378838216
>game isn't for me
Good job, OP. Sorry you wasted your money.
>>
>>378847920
Uh uh anon burden of proof is on the person who claimed it

Also nice anti-shilling going on, keep trying to shit on a 9/10 game.
>>
>>378847993
To be fair, I'm not sure who this game is for aside people duped by marketers.
>>
>>378848060
For people with good taste? Bitch I'm on Cemu
>>
>>378848021
Indeed. You claimed BotW had a shitload of worthwhile content, now prove it. Doesn't change that it's a thoroughly average, flavor of the month title held up by its popular branding.
>>
>>378848109
So, for people who can get it for free. That makes sense then.
>>
>>378848169
Sweetie I never claimed that though, but you did claim there is nothing but empty land and enemies for 5 miles

Now do it, anti shill. Amuse me
>>
>>378848060
I haven't tried it yet but I'd imagine it's for people who like exploring vast worlds.
I liked exploring World of Warcraft's zones, and enjoyed finding various pretty areas in Horizon Zero Dawn, so I think I'd like BotW.
>>
>>378848268
Yeah, it does. I would have paid money for it but it's not on PC so. Besides I am flooded with games and would not play an even average game for free given my backlog. So little time for gaming after I got a gf ;_;
>>
>>378848169
Hasn't it been two months already? Lol
>>
>>378838375
If it's very fun then it's not a big problem, right? Enjoy.
>>
You're not wrong OP. The game needed a Just Cause style hookshot, or speed boots, or something. Even with a 3rd tier speed potion, it's a pain in the ass to get anywhere due to how quickly stamina runs out.

The whole game world felt like it could have been compressed by 1/3 or 1/2 without any noticeable drop in quality. There's a lot of areas with interesting geographical features and names on the map, but with no actual content save for an enemy camp or something.
>>
>need to go to X
>start riding in the direction
>see Y in the distance
>that looks intersting
>find shrine/enemy camp/korok/treasure/quest
>from point Y see point Z in the distance
>that looks intersting
>find shrine/enemy camp/korok/treasure/quest
>from point Z see point A in the distance
>that looks interesting
etc.

And it's still fun
>>
>>378838216
The game has a ton of flaws that become apparent after you leave the great plateau, including the fact that it never fucking changes.
It's like a Zelda early access game where they forgot to add the content.
>>
>>378848602
>it never fucking changes
Objectively false, even when just talking about runes
>>
File: 1489770377276.jpg (73KB, 873x691px) Image search: [Google]
1489770377276.jpg
73KB, 873x691px
>>378838216
I'm not really trying to defend Nintendo but it must be remembered that Zelda was their first attempt at such a game.
Considering that it's quite impressive.

I expect the sequel to polish up its more glaring flaws and provide more content.
>>
>>378848602
But the great plateau is objectively the worst part of the game, why do Shitposters claim otherwise?
>>
File: FOREVER_ASSBLASTED.jpg (3MB, 1000x5118px) Image search: [Google]
FOREVER_ASSBLASTED.jpg
3MB, 1000x5118px
>>
>>378838216
>20 minutes of empty fields to go anywhere
There are things around just about every corner. There are so much stuff everywhere that all the sidetracking makes it take forever to get anywhere unless you intentionally ignore everything along the way.
>>
File: 1496094844622.jpg (32KB, 480x251px) Image search: [Google]
1496094844622.jpg
32KB, 480x251px
>>378848723
Imagine being this uneducated. You know nothing about video games you silly child.
>>
File: Hyrule-Field.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hyrule-Field.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>378845726
>>378846048

It doesn't look like that.
>>
>>378848806
Aahahahahahaha. Watch the outpouring of denial.

>t-that doesn't count!
>>
>>378848806
This reminds me of "OTHER GAME"
>>
File: 1496099735925.jpg (56KB, 600x505px) Image search: [Google]
1496099735925.jpg
56KB, 600x505px
>>378848169
Such salty tears. I love it.
>>
>>378838216
>plays for twenty minutes in an open world game and expects everything to unfold like a movie.
Well jokes on you i guess? Yes its open world, and you don't need to butcher an enemy every twenty feet. But by the same token you can interact with almost everything in some way, and can play through a HUGE portion of the game without even using weapons if your retarded enough to try. Thats a huge improment over zelda's fire dungeon ice dungeon sky dungoen repeat formula in the past.
>>
>>378848912
Not that guy but you have got to be shitposting if you claim that the plateau is better than the world beyond the plateau.

To begin with, the plateau only has fucking bokoblins. With bats and skeletons at night. And slimes in one area and a really tiny one. That is far less variety than just about anywhere else and the other places could be critiqued for their enemy variety too so that really puts the plateau in a tough spot.
And of course, the plateau also only has one npc.

Beyond this thought he plateau also only really has one building of note, the wooden hut and the tiny rain shack disregarded. And that's the Temple of Time. And as cool as it might be to look at, it's incredibly exciting to climb, and there aren't really any exciting places to glide to from it either.
It's also already the tallest place on the plateau and the geography beyond that isn't all that terribly exciting to traverse either. The plateau is kind of like a bowl upside down in its geography. Being the tallest on the top of the hill above the shrine of resurrection and the temple right next to it. And then it's just a slight downwards slope all the way to the edges in all directions.

What's so great about the plateau? It's pretty much lacking in everything.
>>
>>378849851
>What's so great about the plateau? It's pretty much lacking in everything.

The plateau is a absolute masterclass in game design. If it isn't immediately apparent to you after playing there, then it would be a waste of time trying to explain it to you - like trying to explain the subtext of a novel with a child.
>>
>>378850509
>it's just 2 deep 4 u
Okay buddy
>>
>>378843780
Why did you post a linear rpg that has no open world aspects at all?
>>
>>378850583
It really. It's honestly fucking embarrassing just how many of the clueless kiddies on this board lack even the most basic understanding of the concept of game design and why companies like Nintendo are so highly regarded in that field.
>>
>>378838216
I seriously don't get it. What could posssibly been fun about running through empty fields and getting 5 arrows as a reward for clearing an enemy camp when you used 10 arrows and one weapon to defeat said enemies?
>>
>>378850779
>>378850583

The plateau is an amazing tutorial, but the game gets so much better once you're out of it.
>>
File: 1493287754199m.jpg (156KB, 1024x782px) Image search: [Google]
1493287754199m.jpg
156KB, 1024x782px
v/ will never get over Breath Of The Wild.

The ass sting will reverberate for the ages.

I will always remember the past 12 months on this board. Watching the same people who devoted so much time and energy to discrediting the switch and Breath Of The Wild - from spreading lies to cherry-picking screenshots - doing everything within their ability to make the console and the game seem bad.

Only to watch their jaws drop in absolute fucking horror as the Switch burst out the gate as a massive overnight success and BotW turned out to be, not just Game Of The Year, but one of the best games ever made.

Fucking glorious. I am actually sore with laughter.
>>
>>378850509
It's a good tutorial area. But that doesn't mean it has got to be particularly interesting. It's just a good place to start off from.
It introduces you to most of the game's concepts in a free and interactive manner that still has a subdued guiding arm to draw players forward at an interesting pace.

It's good design yes. But the plateau is still quite literally a watered down introduction to the rest of the game. It's by design less interesting than what follows. It's on purpose. And that's good, but it's meant to make players long after getting off the plateau leaving them in awe at what they see when they finally left the plateau that's less interesting in comparison.
>>
>>378851115
Really? And do you get rewared in spectacular fashion in every other game for defeating random enemies?

What a ridiculous complaint.

Every time I see someone trying to criticise the game, they come up with the most stupid irrelevant nonsense in an attempt to find a flaw.
>>
>>378838216
>not using a horse or even the fucking fast travel
>>
>>378850509
>The plateau is a absolute masterclass in game design.

>Hey you can climb anywhere!
>Just not down there.
>>
>>378851418
>A huge empty map is okay because you can teleport!!!!

Nintendo fags
>>
>>378838295
that sounded so scottish
>>
>>378851484
Exploration leads to the discovery of shrines which, when activated, then become future fast travel points. You see how that works? Fucking hell.
>>
>>378839250
>>378839295
>>378839360
>>378846653

Lol
>>
>>378851484

Why can't you accept the game is not for you?
I got continuously distracted going from A to B in this game checking stuff along the way so sure as fuck didn't feel "empty" to me.
>>
>>378851401
> Why don't you like getting shit rewards at every corner?
I want actual rewards that make me want to do these sidequests, like Heart Pieces or whatever, not getting pointless shit that makes me want to skip everything I may find since I already know the reward will be shit anyway. How is that so hard to understand?
Why not take out those dozens of shitty shrines where you only have to kill one enemy and put those orbs somewhere else? They repeated that same shrine again and again just so they could say they had over 100 shrines.
This game is an utter disappointment no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>378851786
How can you rate a game 97/100 and call it a masterpiece,

And then say it's not for everyone?
Something is off
>>
>>378846457

Shame they fucked it up so hard in TPP. GZ really was excellent.
>>
>>378851879
Tony hawk 2 is apparently an even bigger masterpiece and I don't particularly enjoy skateboard games. Same with Gran Turismo 2.

Nothing is off.
>>
>>378851613
fast travel in any game is an excuse for making the world boring to traverse.
some games integrate it into the world in at least some way like Horizon's fast travel kits and Witcher 3 only allowing you to fast travel from road signs because you need to know which way to go to fast travel there.
>>
>>378851981
Wtf those are great

What's wrong with you
>>
>>378846457
If you're gonna troll don't pick the most empty open world you can think of, at least try to be subtle.
>>
>>378852056

He didn't say The Phantom Pain. GZ is very well designed.
>>
File: 1432259490310.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1432259490310.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
I can't fucking believe people are still enjoying this game. What the fuck do we do bros?
>>
>>378851189
you and me both, this is like a large scale dicks and crow

Seeing shitposting mongoloids scramble through their list of nitpicks everythread is almost erotic, like when you close the handcuff and the prostitute realise there's nothing she can do now.
>>
>>378848169
>prove something subjective
Sony niggers, when will they learn?
>>
>>378851115
In reality you lose 0-1 weapon from fighting a group of enemies.
And then you gain 4-6~ weapons from doing so, in addition to 0-15~ something arrows depending on how many archers were present.

You go plus in weapons from essentially any enemy encounter. Even if you start out with no weapons, a single weapon of the same kind that the enemies you're actually fighting at the moment are using, should be enough to wipe out the entire group and then take all the other weapons too.
>>
>>378852437
How is op screenshot subjective?
>>
>>378851115
How are you this bad at the game where it takes you so many arrows to clear the average camp while losing a weapon?
>>
>>378852505
>asking someone to prove that a game has something as subjective as "worthwhile" content
This is what I was talking about.
>>
>>378851878
>I want actual rewards that make me want to do these sidequests, like Heart Pieces or whatever

Sidequests often lead to a shrine, complete the shrine to get an orb. Collect 4 orbs and you can trade them for a new heart container in any village. The orbs ARE the heart pieces. You're getting exactly what you want.

>>This game is an utter disappointment no matter how you look at it.
Wow. Just... wow.
>>
File: todd-howard-laughing_4bkq.jpg (63KB, 615x400px) Image search: [Google]
todd-howard-laughing_4bkq.jpg
63KB, 615x400px
IRREFUTABLE ARGUMENT:
>make a supposed 10/10 industry changing open world game which is fun for the FIRST 300 hours
>doesn't have infinite quests
>it's LITERALLY possible to 100% the game
Ahahahaha faggots should have bought Skyrim!!!!!
>>
>>378852016
>the overworld is too big! Waaaaaahhhhh!
>the developers gave me the option to fast travel because they knew there woulf be whiney cunts but I'll still complain anyway! Waaaaaaaahhhhhh!
>>
>>378852893
HOLY SHIT TODD YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT THOSE HACKS AONUMA AND FUJIBAYASHI GOT BESTED AGAIN BY BASED RADIANT TODD HOWARD
>>
>>378852893
But Todd I'm buying Skyrim later this year for my Switch :3
>>
File: 1496408285087.jpg (62KB, 200x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496408285087.jpg
62KB, 200x1024px
>>378848169
>You claimed BotW had a shitload of worthwhile content, now prove it.
>>
>>378853015
>I AM SILLY
okay buddy whatever you say.
>>
>>378853169
>nb4 "muh paid reviews"
>nb4 "muh branding"
>nb4 "muh current year"
>>
3 months later and /v/ is still desperately trying elevate minor nitpicks and pretend that they're MASSIVE GAME BREAKING FAULTS.

Why can't they find even just ONE genuine fault with the game?

The closest the game got to having a real issue was the framerate dip which is now patched. So what else? The voice acting? Really? THAT'S what you have to desperately bring up? Oh my.
>>
>>378853469
>brand name doesn't influence review score
Also, Nintendo fans are usually the ones yelling paid reviews for games like TLoU.
>>
>>378838279

I realize /v/ hates the game, but FO4 did a pretty good job of being open world and being rather dense/full of locations, encounters, etc.

TW3 is also pretty dense, with the exception of skellige's "lost cargo" locations or whatever

And whether Dark souls titles are truly "open world" is debatable, but by some definitions i would say they are and dont have this issue either.

tl;dr you're a retard
>>
>>378838216
>empty
>you've played the game.
>>
>>378853469

Prove that the game has no content first nigga
>>
>>378853706
As a general rule, if /v/ hates something, it's usually always good.
>>
>>378853469
>>378853649
who gives a shit about critics? Most of them are shit and I don't think anyone knows of any that are actually worth reading, it always baffles me how anyone on /v/ pays any attention to them. However, the game itself is genuinely amazing
>>378853169
nice thumbnail faggot
>>
>>378838279
>Always the case with the latest open world game until it isn't.
people don't normally say this about every open world game, though, and BotW really does do a lot different to other open world games.
>>
>>378842380
I'm listening
>>
>>378855701
>>378848806
>>
>>378849062
I still don't know if OTHER GAME is meant to be mocking Sony fanboys, Nintendo fanboys, or both.
>>
>>378847972
>>378838279
This.
Especially the Call of Chernobyl mod. Shits good.
>>
>>378838216
>muh best elder scroll is morrowind
>muh zelda is full of empty places

/v/ went full retard.
>>
>>378838216
>>378838279
Wrong. BotW is the only good open world game ever, and there isn't a ton of empty space like in other open world games.
>>
>>378848806
Kek OP BTFO
>>
>>378856131
Morrowind is the best Elder Scrolls.
And Breath of the Wild is an absolutely amazing game.
>>
>>378838279
BotW is probably the best attempt at a huge open world so far but it still falls for the meme and ends up as vast as an ocean and deep as a puddle.
>>
>>378856571
Wow did you come up with that all by yourself?
>>
>>378846416
>Implying anyone here is old enough to know who tthat is
>>
File: 1487325896920.png (144KB, 633x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487325896920.png
144KB, 633x900px
>>378848806
D-DELETE THIS!
>>
>>378856785
He wishes
>>
File: a billion puzzles.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
a billion puzzles.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Eh.... It wasnt bad, I guess some of the formula has been... Simplified.

I think I would've loved it if it wouldve had 7 or 9 major dungeons rather than 4 + castle.

7-8/10 is the best I can do.
This comes from a Zelda freak with literally every Zelda except the CD-i games, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, ALBW, Seasons... and that Crossbow one.
And that Triforce Heroes thing.

This being said, it is a good bit above average for a Zelda game.

Just wouldn't put it on par with some of their older, formula shaping games.

Looking very much forward to seeing how BOTW will shape the next 3D Zelda.
>>
File: im good.png (44KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
im good.png
44KB, 1000x750px
>>378848806
>>378848980
>>378855958
>>378857923
>>378856512
>this blatant shilling for nintendo and blatant anti sony desperation
Sony is winning on all accounts.
Easily the best console out currently by a wide margin.
>>
>>378858467
>Sony is winning on all accounts.
>Winning

What a fucking child.
>>
>>378859050
That is why people hate Sony. Because they are winning all the fucking time.

You are the child who can't just appreciate Sony for what they are without actively hating on them.
>>
>>378842127
Best horseback combat goes to RDR
>>
>>378859759
>not mount and blade
Typical Rockstar drone
>>
>>378859412
I don't hate Sony. I have owned every playstation. And I have also owned every Nintendo. Because im not an immature moron.
>>
>>378859856
I'd happily be a rockstar drone over any other major games company
>>
>>378859881
Thanks for the blogpost
>>
OP HERE

I just got my first horse

Game is good now

Okkei
>>
>>378843780
World Map =/= Open World.

That said, FFVII had a great world map just not as good as Xenogears.
>>
>>378860314
4 short sentences to make my point that I'm not a deluded fan boy. Bet you thought you were being hilarious. Sad.
>>
>>378848569
I don't have ADHD so if I'm going to X I don't see Y and get distracted, I go to X.
t. someone who beat the game with 3 hearts, no divine beasts and 8 korok seeds
>>
>>378860463
Good for you OP.
That you discovered you can have the horse auto gallop on roads.
While you take in the beautiful scenery and listen to the horse riding only OST, consisting of Zelda's lullaby and TLoZ theme remixed.
It's pure blissful adventure and was a great part of the game.
Thread posts: 233
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.