[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

everyone who was bitten by a zombie in Resident Evil becomes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

File: 1496392422044.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496392422044.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
everyone who was bitten by a zombie in Resident Evil becomes infected
but the main characters don't. how is that?
>>
it's those herbs you use to heal yourself
>>
Sluts don't get infected
The semen in their blood denies the virus
>>
>>378835971
so the herbs were the antidote to the virus all along? strange, why didn't anyone use it to cure people
>>
This is like every fucking zombie game. You get munched on several times throughout the whole game but somehow you're okay as long as you didn't die and got away. Then it shows some fag in a cutscene getting a tiny bite and he's a goner.
>>
This always bothered me. They should have had the zombies claw, scrape, and punch you for damage, and only had bites happen when the final blow is going to kill you.
>>
>>378836019
got to apply them in time
>>
That's why Outbreak was cool because you had a timer before you turned.

Never played the game but would watch my friend play it and it honestly seemed like the peak of Classic RE gameplay before Capcom decided to destroy the series.
>>
You turn after you die in RE, so as long as you stay alive, you won't turn into a zombie.
>>
>>378835935
This was answered.

The virus that turns you into a zombie is actually AIRBORNE. After which it manifests.

It works like so:

>Everyone around when it releases becomes zombies.
>Dead nearby also become zombies
>After this its no longer airborne and its half life or whatever turns off
>Infected undead can turn creatures into zombies ONLY IF THE CREATURE DIES

Thats the important part.

Your allies in RE1? They DIED and became zombos.
The cop in RE2? He bled out DIED and became a zombo.

Seeing the pattern?
>>
Canonically they've never been bitten, unless shown in a cutscene.
>>
>>378836172
makes sense, i always wondered why no matter what every zombie looked like someone who was already fucked to all shit instead of just bitten once
>>
>>378836172
Source or GTFO. And don't say the movies.

RE follows the old George Romero's zombie infection design: you get bit, you develop horrible diseases that kill you, and then the virus re-animates the corpse, which starts to go through mutations. Rats, insects and other infected spread the virus, turning the entire ecosystem around Raccoon city into carriers.

G-virus is an exception, as it is pretty much a cancer on steroids.
>>
protagonist armor
>>
>>378836513
fountains of blood in bite animation come from armor?
>>
>>378836416
It's useless to try explain RE with "science". Most creatures develope mass from nothing.
>>
>>378836549
from protagonist armor, yes
only minor flesh wound that's easily healed with protagonist items
>>
>>378835935
According to canon no major character ever got bitten.
>>
wesker injected all stars members with the antivirus offscreen
>>
>>378835935
In the actual story they are never bitten, it's only because of the player does Jill or Chris get bit.
>>
>>378836756
This. You're not supposed to get bitten, so they were supposed to survive unscathed.
Your faggotry is breaking the canon, OP
>>
>>378836935
>>378836943
so if the player got bitten game must trigger a game over but it doesn't
>>
>>378837078
this is why you don't make renowned games anon
>>
>>378837078
Yeah, and a rocket launcher should open any locked door, but it doesn't.
Don't sacrifice gameplay for the sake of lore in a videogame.
>>
>>378837121
if i made a game it would be the best game in history of games
>>
Holy shit.
So many wrong fucking answers in this topic you fucking nu-fans.

In RE1 you find a note saying 95% of people infected become zombies, 5% are immune to the virus, and infinitesimally small amount become tyrants.
>>
>>378836416
not him but its literally discussed in the ingame reports in both RE1, 2, and 3. i specifically remember there's a guy who had a trypewriter in one and wrote about complaining he got his mask late and "there was an accident nearby at the lab" and gradually his writing gets worse and he complains of itchy putrid flesh on his body until you can tell his writing went to shit cause he lost his mind
>>
There is no justification or explanation, its a suspension of disbelief asked of the player for the purposes of game mechanics. Don't bother trying to explain it.
>>
it's okay to pretend RE7 never happened, right?
>>
>>378836654
The original writer of Resident Evil wanted to keep things grounded in science, he never wanted these creatures who turn into mountains of cancer in a few minutes like Birkin or Nemesis(although Nemesis does absorb the tyrants in the facility, so they're excused).
>>
>>378837268
is it a bad game?
>>
>>378837291

No, it just has basically nothing to do with the rest of the series.
>>
>>378837184
So you can't really judge games because you've never made the best game in the world.
>>
>>378837213
lump in a leg = potential insect bite = spreading infection. And it was not just a mask, but a "space suit", as in a full NBC gear, which any serious lab developing biological weapons would have as standard protective equipment.

>>378837291
it is. Shit story / writing, shit puzzles, shit bosses, no replay value, and tons of DLC.
>>
>>378837213

That doesn't provide a healing explanation, just that the person gradually 'degrades' into the RE zombie. I don't think people in RE actually die before turning, they deteriorate into their condition from the disease. The whole "zombie" moniker is just out of genre convention.
>>
File: 1493697371040.png (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493697371040.png
9KB, 200x200px
>>378837291
Yes. Terrible fucking game. Do not let nu-/v/ and people who stayed after the election -- from both sides -- tell you otherwise. They are the filth who like this garbage game.
>>
>>378837345
is it very scary? should i play it?
>>
>>378837383
>>378837416
i see, thanks
>>
>>378837383

>Shit story / writing

Everything else can be argued, but this is the last franchise on earth to ever single out other games for this supposed problem.
>>
File: claire23423.jpg (865KB, 827x1170px) Image search: [Google]
claire23423.jpg
865KB, 827x1170px
there are no zombies, just a bunch of guys who pretend they are zombies so they can bite claire and jill's butts. they dont mind getting killed
>>
>>378835935
re was never true survival horror.
>>
>>378837418
No. It's a literal LP-bait made for Twitch watchers and VR babbies who dig their slow-paced walking sims with scripted jumpscares.

>>378837491
Dropping endless F-bombs and having THE most predictable "tweeest" are not really high points of the game either. I wanted to stab the MC in the throat every time he opened his mouth.
>>
>>378835935
Your run just becomes non canon the second you get hit outside the scripted ones. When it's scripted crazy shit happens like Chris almost dying in 1 IF you get bit by the snake or Jill almost dying in 3 before you save her as Carlos etc.
>>
>>378837345
>it just has basically nothing to do with the rest of the series.

Wow, just like RE2 has nothing to do with RE1. Or how RE4 has nothing to do with the rest either, but Dante is the protagonist, so that makes it ok, right?
>>
>>378836030
Frank from Dead Rising 1 would a word with you.
>>
>>378837345
for the better desu
>>
>>378837772

RE2 occurred as a direct result of the outbreak in the mansion.
RE4 features a returning protagonist and side character.
RE7 has LITERALLY nothing to do with any other game in the series, outside of 5 second cameo at the very end.
>>
>>378837518
this killed me, thanks anon
>>
>>378837921
but the story got so wonky and bad after 4 we all collectively decided to pretend 5 and 6 never actually happened
>>
>>378835935
high on herbs DUDE
>>
>>378837969
uh, don't come back as a zombie.
>>
>>378837921

This logic is stupid, RE doesn't establish any 'tradition' of recurring character plotlines until 3, and the series departed mechanically dramatically around game 4 but has a familiar face so its "faithful" to the canon.

Never mind that all of the characters in RE are cardboard cutouts and the lore wank has basically been what was responsible for bogging the franchise down so much. The obsession with RE's "characters" is one of the most bizarre aspects of the RE fanbase because RE doesn't have any. There are people who are actually concerned over whether the Chris at the end of RE7 is the real Chris and that he would never betray his friends for Umbrella, like as if that is most the important concern about this retardedly written franchise.
>>
Is a perfect no-hit run canon then? Why would they do that? Like a hero in a story who wins every fight in one hit
>>
>>378838303

What logic, what are you babbling about? Anon claimed games had no connection, I showed otherwise.
>>
File: Monsterin it up.png (66KB, 160x184px) Image search: [Google]
Monsterin it up.png
66KB, 160x184px
>>378837159
A valiant effort, and a good point. Too bad both are wasted on the shitposters and idiots in this thread.
>>
>>378838408
generally zombie movies don't have the protagonist fuck up and die in the middle of the story so yes
>>
>>378835935
God everytime I see REmake, I fucking CRAVE a god damn remake for 2
What's taking them so fucking long
>>
>>378836138
what about the itchy tasty guy
>>
>>378838524

The first 3 games have continuity in the same city and technically are all part of the same series of events. Only 3 has a recurring protagonist. Completing this "having to do with RE" logic, every game after 3 has nothing to do with Resident Evil as a franchise entity.
>>
>>378835935
protip: in a zombie game the heroes or heroines are the few who are immune or extremely resistant to the virus
>>
How did the Zombie Crows not infect the entire country? The only explanation is that none of the Zombies were contagious anymore and Forest probably licked a doorknob or something.
>>
>>378838837

Because the Raccoon City event takes place over a short period of time and they were all nuked.
>>
>>378835935
>It has zombies in it. It has to follow the zombie rules!
Zombies are made up, anon.
>>
File: 1496210792132.gif (505KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496210792132.gif
505KB, 1080x1080px
>>378836172
I thought it was like the walking dead the bites cause an infection that kills the person rather than the actual virus which then turns them when they are dead
>>
>>378837921
>RE2 occurred as a direct result of the outbreak in the mansion.

In the movie universe, because in the games, the T-virus was dropped in the sewers and rats infected the entire town. RE1 doesn't even need to exist for the events of RE2 happen. Why have laboratory in a secluded forest when you can have a laboratory right under the town in the sewers, sewage workers or urban explorers will never notice it right? Also screw safety measures like building a biological research facility far away from urban populations.
>>
>>378839262
it's resident evil, the """lore""" is just as consistent and coherent as metal gear solid
>>
>>378836030
I don't know about other games, but in L4D the survivors were innately immune.
>>
Speaking of zombies, I watched The Crazies yesterday. The original. Interesting take on the genre from George Romero. Instead of zombies, the virus in that turns people into the incurably and violently insane. And not all of them get totally violent. So you have this virus that basically makes useless people. So it's worse than zombies. Because while some may attack you relentlessly, the majority are just damaged to the point of being giggling idiots.
>>
>>378835935
It's just a game mechanic
canonically they were never bitten
>>
>>378836030
Gameplay/Story segregation
>>
>>378839415
It's actually way more inconsistent because each game is written by a different person. Kojima still manages to make some cool connections between the games despite how convoluted everything is, now Resident Evil is just random stuff happening just to give the character an excuse to kill a lot of creatures and run around a variety of environments.
>>
>>378835935
In canon they never get bitten you idiot.

Git Gud pleb
>>
>>378837416
>people who stayed after the election
Doesn't that include you?
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.