[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else prefers this over the first game? IMO it has better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: KOTOR2.jpg (101KB, 762x350px) Image search: [Google]
KOTOR2.jpg
101KB, 762x350px
Who else prefers this over the first game? IMO it has better writing, atmosphere, and conflicts. I love the dark and gritty vibe.
>>
>>378835860
>Who else prefers this over the first game
everybody.
>>
>>378835903
I didn't know that. I've never ever seen this being discussed on this board.
>>
>>378836008

dude just lurk until you have no life anymore.
>>
The two main problems I have it the amount of bugs, and the fact that there is no real romance. Other than that this is a golden game.
>>
>>378835860
what other games let me start a cult
>>
>>378835860
It makes mechanical improvements and has some deep narrative but overall the first game shines brighter still.
>>
They're both great games, but I prefer II.
>>
The overall gameplay is improved and it has that good obsidian writing but it's not as finished as the first game.
>>
>>378836492
That's why you get to Restored Content Mod. Google it and check it out.
>>
>>378836008
Most people are not fortunate enough to have played the restored version of the second game, so they end up preferring the first.
If you play the restored version it holds up much better.
>>
>>378836810
That's a damn shame. Poor Obsidian has always been buttfucked by deadlines.
>>
>>378836810
>>378836556
I definetly prefer kotor 2 over the first one and i have played through it alot of times.
The last playthrough i did was with the restored content mod and i honestly can't say i was too happy with it.
Some story tidbits that are added are pretty cool but in terms of gameplay i can't remember anything good. Its actually the opposite because they readded some clearly unfinished
gameplay sections of the game. The solo HK-47 section comes to mind. I literally could not get through there without cheating.
>>
File: Confused HK-47.png (641KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
Confused HK-47.png
641KB, 600x512px
>>378836008
>I've never ever seen this being discussed on this board.
nigger wut
>>
welcome to the jungle

kreia is brianna's mother
>>
>>378835860
The second is definitely better but the first does have a bit more of a fantasy vibe to it. The second one has more of a hint of cyberpunk instead which is good too. What really makes it better is the combat and equipment systems are better.

They are both pretty good though, second one for gameplay and empire strikes back teir atmosphere, first one for plot and a more prequel like fantasy atmosphere.

I'm a big fan of cyberpunk and dark stuff cause I'm an edgy faggot like that so the second one is the more immersive for me.
>>
>>378836008
Confirmed first day on /v/, the last kotor thread ended 15 hours ago.
>>
>>378837128
the bit with the HK factory is definitely one of the hardest segments in the game and you can only really beat it if you have geared up HK-47 properly and lvled him up with the most efficient combat.

And even then you need a stockpile of good shields to get through it.
>>
>>378835860
the seconed game is better in my opinion. it makes you feel like your in this not nessecery dark but gloomy depressing galexy were Everything just seems hopelees (the opposite of star wars).
>>
>>378840647
i do like the first game as well. if you just want to play a game were you feel like a jedi from the episode 1-3 Movies, its perfect for that.

lets hope the serise stays dead for its own good.
>>
>>378840741
>EA makes KotOR3
>Bioware is the studio that gets to do it
>retarded bioware fanfiction now gets to be canon while all these other good aspects get retconned

Luckily the creator of the star wars rebels animation series is a big fan of Revan and the KotOR games so maybe we will get what we want eventually.... hopefully.... ;_;
>>
>>378835860
me, easily. because I appreciate good writing in games that isn't full of blockbuster tropes that aren't even remotely interesting.
>>
i really like both games
1 shows us revan and 2 extends his story even more, turning him into great character (albeit off camera) before tortanic buttfucked the series.
>>
>>378841337
There's a tiny chance Episode 8 will reference KOTOR. If The Force Awakening Visual Dictionary is to be believed, Rakata Prime is canon, and no longer calles Lehon. Also, it happens to be exactly in the part of the galaxy Luke's planet is, and in the visual dictionary, it's the ONLY planet listed in that part or the galaxy.
>>
>>378835860
the 2nd one has a better story, well restored mod anyway alongside better more refined combat, prestige classes and animations with kickass robe models lack of a true romance with either visas or handmaiden was a letdown though and then bioware cucked us into oblivion by cannonically making the exile a female so i can really even play the game anymore
the first one was back in biowares glory days alongside a great twist that when i was younger still blew me away also BASTILLA was my first waifu
basically the 2nd one is better overall but i still prefer the first one even though i can admit a lot of it is nostalgia
>>
File: 1 dungeons and dragons.png (529KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1 dungeons and dragons.png
529KB, 600x600px
>>378843273
cant really play the game anymore*
>>
File: 1487820606015.jpg (5KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
1487820606015.jpg
5KB, 230x230px
>>378843273
I want to have vanilla sex with Bastila
>>
>>378835903
No
>>
>>378843016
Yeah but Malachor was nothing like it was in the games, the whole sith superweapon is a nice homage to the game series but I reckon the way it functioned was in no way similar to the way we were told it functioned in the game.

I do hope that the voice in the sith holocron is really Kreia like some fan theories would have us believe, but I fear it's just gonna be a generic sith literally who.
>>
File: bern groove.gif (2MB, 640x356px) Image search: [Google]
bern groove.gif
2MB, 640x356px
>>378843431
>tfw i am technically revan and i got to make children with bastilla after turning her back to the light with the power of my love and massive cock
>>
>>378843451
Technically speaking they could have just gone to another planet in the Malachor system.
>>
>>378843678
that's true, they didn't specifically mention malachor V after all and canonically the reactivation of the mass shadow generator in the old canon destroyed it completely, didn't it?
>>
>>378843756
Yes
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.