[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, which is better and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (99KB, 1030x281px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
99KB, 1030x281px
Now that the dust has settled, which is better and why?
>>
>>378834615
They're different but both are good. I personally think Ori is better, because the punt mechanic was fresh and interesting, while HK didn't do anything new really, it was just a polished, quality product.
>>
Hollow Knight, by far. The only thing Ori was better at is graphics and presentation.
>>
Ori is like a cinematic game, it's 5x shorter than HK, filled with these "epic" escape sequences, cutscenes, flashy graphics and an emotional soundtrack.

Hollow Knight is a proper metroidvania.
>>
>>378834615
HK>Ori, by far. HK can get hard as fuck almost the whole time while Ori only gets difficulty spikes in certain places. Ori story is better but HK plays too much with the player''s curiosity, trying to unveil the story pieces certainly hooks you up, it also encourages the player to explore every single place for a chance to meet a new NPC with valuable info. HK obviously has the lead by far in bosses. Backtracking is alright in both games but it works better with HK mechanics, the game makes you memorize the map so you remember the parts where you want to backtrack to, Ori is kind of straight forward so when its time to backtrack you can get lost and just lose time in an already visited area. Ori just gets BTFO in terms of hidden stuff and secrets. Ori wins in visuals by far, and OST I would say its a tie, both are perfect for their own setting.
>>
>>378834990
Ori is like it's designed to be a Metroidvania, but it's too linear, it's all map markers from beginning to end, the backtracking is mostly just to get power ups you haven't gotten yet.
>>
File: Uw5aBanN.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Uw5aBanN.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
Rain World
>>
>>378835821
Rain World is terrible. Cool concept, terrible execution.
>>
>>378835821
Is it even good? I heard it's just difficult for the sake of being difficult(i.e making players waste too much time) and it looks really weird
>>
Valdis Story
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.