[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blaster Master thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: BlasterMasterZero.jpg (660KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
BlasterMasterZero.jpg
660KB, 2000x1000px
Reminder that Ekoro is available as free DLC for the next two weeks. You'll need to update to v1.2 to download her. Go into the eShop and search for Blaster Master to locate the update, and then you'll have an Extra option in the main menu where you can download her from DLC.

If you got Gunvolt, it's the same method, although you don't need to download the v1.2 update again. (of course)

Anybody else still playing?
>>
Bump, I'm thinking of buying this.
>>
I missed out on free Gunvolt. Is he worth $2?
>>
>>378829034
Eh. He's fun, and certainly a different way to play the game. But you aren't getting any new stages with him. The biggest difference in playing Gunvolt is that you don't have an attack which will shoot through enemies and walls, and don't have the flamethrower, so you need to play some stages differently. You can also wall jump outside Sophia, which makes some areas interesting to just run around in as Gunvolt.

Give Ekoro a try, and if the novelty of playing a new character is that good, then go for it. I'm not sure how much $2 is worth to you.

>>378828628
>I'm thinking of buying this.
I'd say emulate the NES game, but honestly, the two aren't that much comparable. NES Blaster Master was meant to be hard and played in one sitting, so there are a lot of nasty traps to take away your weapon power. The overpowered final shot was a reward for good play. Blaster Master Zero gives you liberal save points and stuff like the weapon guard, so you'll almost always have access to all your weapons and will wreck nearly everything.

There aren't many exploration platformers out there and this game does a decent job, although I honestly wouldn't call it one of the best available.
>>
File: dick.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dick.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>378828628
Go for it, the biggest problem with the game was the lack of difficulty but it has a hard mode now.
>>
File: options.png (5KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
options.png
5KB, 320x224px
>>378830130
>normal difficulty is supereasy
>hard difficulty is superhard
Can we get a third difficulty in between for casual playthroughs that aren't a total cakewalk?
>>
Game is fun as fuck, still playing. Still got most of Ekoro and Destroyer mode to play, hopefully some more characters later (I think I saw them say they were still working on the game on twitter in a reply to someone on twitter fairly recently so this could be good. Maybe destroyer mode for the alternate characters?) But either way I'm probably gonna play through it every now and then as it's really fucking good, probably one of my favourite games ever. I might do a non 100% run as gunvolt, because I think he can skip like three areas in basically their entirety and see how fast I can do it.

Favourite character? Not sure myself, they're all pretty cool
And the all important question: Hover or boosters? Boosters
>>378829720
>so you'll almost always have access to all your weapons and will wreck nearly everything.
And then you play destroyer mode and it does exactly what it says on the tin
>>378830645
That sounds like a pretty good idea, wouldn't mind that myself. What did you have in mind?; just changing numbers or the same thing as destroyer except easier?
>>
>>378830814
How about Destroyer enemy immunities, no 4x health on enemies, and normal drop rates for health/power ups?
>>
File: 1494951752683.jpg (56KB, 583x435px) Image search: [Google]
1494951752683.jpg
56KB, 583x435px
>>378830814
>booster
>>
>>378826714
Playing as gunvolt is fun as fuck, feels like some really crazy romhack to do it in blaster master
>>
any idea why the dlc download keeps getting suspended on freeshop? I have 3.0
>>
>>378830814
>play destroyer mode
Does that do anything outside buff enemy damage and HP?

>I might do a non 100% run as gunvolt, because I think he can skip like three areas in basically their entirety and see how fast I can do it.
I've just noticed the Ekoro can break blocks with her basic arrows, no power-up required.

>Favourite character?
Gunvolt was the biggest difference from the base game, so I'm inclined to like him the most. Ekoro was honestly better in Mighty Gunvolt. However, all three are forcing me to use different strategies and see different attacks from the bosses, so I'm inclined to call them all good.

>Hover or boosters?
Why would you ever not want hover?
>>
>>378831172
the freeshop actually unlocks the dlc but I still needed to go ingame to download it. weird
>>
>>378831637
Destroyer gives all enemies in top down mode immunity to all but one to three weapons. They can also shoot through walls, enemies in sidescroll fire death shots, and enemy drops are rare as well as drops from breaking rocks being set rather than random.
>>
>>378830971
Yeah that sounds perfect, makes it a bit tougher and requires use of things other than the wave beam which makes it a bit more interesting, but things still die pretty much as fast.
>>378831637
>I've just noticed the Ekoro can break blocks with her basic arrows, no power-up required.
Yeah that lets you skip pretty much all of area 2. I think Gunvolt can too as he can destroy some stones to skip fucking all of area 5 I think it is (the water one) but I haven't actually tried the blocks in area 2, and he can use wall jumps to skip all but one dungeon of the ice area, and you can skip area 1 as well can't you.
>Why would you ever not want hover?
Maybe this is just me but it feels much easier to work with to use the boosters.
>>
>>378831995
>Playing at 30 fps

Off yourself nigger
>>
>>378832315
>owning a Switch
You first.
>>
>>378832361
>Being that poor
Jump from a bridge or something faggot
>>
>>378832291
I never tried Gunvolt's gun on the rocks. I'd just assumed it wasn't going to work. I found that Ekoro's arrows worked entirely by accident, and wondering how exactly she was supposed to get out of the last Area 2 cave with no wall-kick.

I did skip the majority of the ice area, or at least left it thawed and ran around on my own, as Gunvolt. It was quite fun to screw around with him.
>>
>>378832550
Yeah I found it by accident too. As for the ice area with gunvolt I think you can just go straight to the area with the wall climb and just wall jump up the place you're supposed to come out of.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.