[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Group Play" as fun as advertised?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: LA Noire.jpg (595KB, 848x1049px) Image search: [Google]
LA Noire.jpg
595KB, 848x1049px
You know how there are those Youtubers/Streamers that will have multiple people in same couch/room while they take turns having one guy play a single player game (Game Grumps as a main example)?

I was wondering if this was an actually fun thing to do with friends or if they're all basically pretending to have a jolly old time ribbing each other for they're performance or making jokes from what's going on on screen.

I ask because my group of friends and I (I brought up the idea) want to try "group playing" LA Noire. I thought it would lend itself well to group based laughs, kind of like watching a movie or show together.
>>
File: 2f7.jpg (389KB, 2464x1648px) Image search: [Google]
2f7.jpg
389KB, 2464x1648px
maybe im just old but we used to do this all the time. we would pass the NES controller around as Castlevania kicked our asses in, and when that got old we'd switch to another game or a 2P game like Contra.

as the years went by, whether it was Twisted Metal, Smash Bros, Final Fantasy VII, or GTA San Andreas there were always games my friends and I found to work in as a group multi-player or not. I guess my point is is that I feel disassociated with the OP post, like he's never really played a game with other people in the same room before? What?
>>
>>378818992
Sorry if I made you feel old. Ya, we've played multiplayer intended games like Smash bros or Halo Coop, but I've never played a single player game with other people.

Thanks for the input anyway!
>>
>>378818734
Are you 13?
>>
>>378818734

When I was a kid that was called "Playing videogames"

You'd get to go first if it was your house, and you'd pass the controller when you died.

I feel so old now.

Youtube ruined the next generation of kids, they don't even want to bother actually playing games anymore
>>
>>378819073
Ya never.
To be fair, before highschool I very rarely spent time with my friends out of school in person; even in middleschool we got our mulitplayer needs through online needs. We played some 2 person coop sometimes in highschool and some things like Smash Bros in monthly game nights, but they were always meant to be multiplayer.

Now I feel weird.

>>378819169
>>
>>378819154

Oh you're good, I feel old all the time anyway. We'd break up the monotany of multiplayer games by taking turns and dishing out the banter with a single player game of interest at the time.

We did Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil: Director's Cut both in a single weekend once. It's clearly something people have been doing post-Atari 2600, so I think you should try to get your friends in on it. If they drop it don't take it badly, sometimes it'd take a couple tries before we'd find a game that we would stick through till the end.
>>
>>378819606
I guess us Gez Z'ers are going to be quite the anomaly eh? First generation the was raised with the internet as everyone keeps telling me.
>>
>>378819234

fucking this.

why are you even asking if you should do it? just go fucking do it. Why do you need some anonymous imageboard's opinion on whether or not you should play videogames with your friends

...but of course, it's because you "saw it on youtube"...i fucking hate this generation
>>
>>378819694
gen*
>>
>>378819747
Ok, that was an unwarranted attack.
I might even be a rare case; my parents kept me rather sheltered.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.