[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Counter Strike GO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 14

File: 1493574119464.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493574119464.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
that faglord wth a beard
>>
Looks like spawn protection...?
>>
>>378818512
t. inbred subhuman cockroach with shit colored skin, a unibrow and a hairy back
>>
>>378818373
how
>>
>>378818882
wew triggered and salty af
>>
>>378818484
they took that out in the last update a week ago
>>
/v/ will defend this
>>
>>378819284
this webm's been around for ages
>>
>>378819337
oh just noticed the pre hd gloves as well
>>
File: csgo wtf.webm (3MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
csgo wtf.webm
3MB, 800x600px
>>
>>378818373
anyone who uses deagle. just buy tec9, five seven, or P250
>>
>>378819209
Imagine being born as an animal. I'd think I'd kill myself. How do you cope?
>>
>>
>>
>>378819328
I've never played CS:GO but it looks like the first shot landed and every other shot missed... Is it one shot kill or no?
>>
>>378819608
ya ak47 is supposed to be a 1 shot if u headshot
>>
File: csgo fanboys will defend this 7.webm (787KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
csgo fanboys will defend this 7.webm
787KB, 1280x720px
>>378819608

explain this one

and yes ak headshot is insta kill no matter what in normal circumstances
>>
playing online is a drag, registry really bums me out sometimes

pretty much only worth watching it if anything
>>
>>378819468
but what about my one taps desu
>>
>>
>>378819683
I literally just said I've never played it, I can't "explain" anything to do with it lel.
>>
>>
>>378819532
like, when i point and shoot, my bullets go there. also, pp-bizon is really fun to use once you get used to it
>>
>>378818373
>>378819328
>>378819438
>>378819532
How can this game be played so competitively with such shit hitboxes?
>>
File: Capture.png (9KB, 85x59px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
9KB, 85x59px
>>378819683
this one's actually really explainable
he missed the first shot aiming pretty high and left and then never waited for his aim to fully reset back to full accuracy
>>
>>378819683
The way he just accepts it is great
>>
>>378819754
those shots should miss -- maybe at least one should have hit, though. he was aiming too high
>>
>>378819468
This, Deag is a meme weapon
>>
>>378819920

is cs1.6 and css it wasn't a "useless meme" weapon. It was viable and worth using.

Modern valve and CSGO fans are just cucks
>>
>>378819878
The power of marketing and virtual cutlery.
>>
File: BLk7lFH.jpg (819KB, 5352x3568px) Image search: [Google]
BLk7lFH.jpg
819KB, 5352x3568px
Because this game is a stormtrooper simulator. It does not matter how many hours you put in to master your aim and movement. There's always a random chance of deviation and that one missed shot will fuck you up no matter what
>>
man i miss shitting around and playing CS GO

then i moved back to my rural hometown, and only have satellite internet. So i can't play any fucking games online
>>
File: Counter Strike.gif (2MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
Counter Strike.gif
2MB, 294x233px
>>
>>378819901
>then never waited for his aim to fully reset back to full accuracy

Looks like he does tho with the aiming reticle resetting.
>>
>>378820109
kek
>>
>>378819916
>he was aiming too high

lol
>>
>>378819328
Just pause through the video. He misses every shot. His crosshair isn't even on the person past the first shot, which landed.
>>
>>378819916
>crosshair is literally at enemies face at all time
>he aimed too high
gotards everyone
>>
>>378820247
the time for the crosshair to reset is not always the same as the time for the weapon's accuracy to reset.
>>
>>378820437
Fucking lol
>>
>>378819998
In 1.6 and CSS it was the only weapon that could 1 tap and had better acc.

On the other hand, most weapons other than the Deag, AK, M4 and Snipers were more or less meme weapons.
>>
some of you really need to just get gud. my bullets go where i desire them to go when i point and shoot. for me, it's about who gets the shots off quicker -- me, or my opponent.
there is definite spray patterns and i don't know why people would go so long without even mildly figuring them out. tapping is always good too
>>
>>378820348
>shoot opponent with 1 hit kill to the head weapon
>it hits them
>in the head
>they do not die
>or take ANY damage
>""landed""
>>
>>378820437
but the crosshair is supposed to represent the weapons accuracy
>>
>>378819878
because there is literally no other competitive shooter.

If there was a competitive (as in esports) FPS worth playing on PC CS:GO would lose a lot of players.
>>
>>378818373
Deagle is a meme gun so this seems accurate.
>>
>>378819524
You tell me
>>
>>378820318
i always aim lower if i'm going to quickly fire my USP like the guy in webm. it goes to the head a lot of the times if you aim lower -- hell you will just connect
>>
>>378820517
bloodsplats are client based and sometimes dont synch with the server. Welcome to source engine
>>
>>378820247
You're falling into the classic mistake of assuming the reticle is 100% accurate to the weapon's current accuracy. More often than not players use a static one, which is why most of these "lined up shots" are actually not really that lined up.

This is an option people choose to have by the way, it's not default.
>>
>>378820428
yes, i actually play the game and know of the game's recoil and have adjusted to it. i'm sure other games are like this, too. insurgency, for one
>>
>>378820771
I'm pretty sure insurgency actually moves your screen for recoil, rather than bullet wobble.
>>
>>378818484

>cs
>spawn protection

lequizicalmanmeme.jpg
>>
>>378820771
>I actually know this game is shit but I like eating shit
csgotards deserve to be bullied
>>
and reminder that the reticle will always be center-screen. when you fire rapidly, the reticle does not move -- this does not mean it will be accurate because your player's hands are still snapping back due to recoil
>>
this is why i stopped playing this shit game

instead of fixing this game and making it actually good, lets instead release new skins and operatoins give us money goy
>>
>>378821028
The more I learn about CS the more hilarious the game seems to me.
>>
>>378820920
>invulnerability cancelled on the guys screen
>saying the game has no spawn protection

>>378820771
Don't bother arguing about CS on /v/, 90% of this board knows nothing about shooters and thinks the recoil system of CS is bad for no real reason.

Spoilers, every game with recoil has RNG in it. Day of Defeat, insurgency, Siege, Arma, CoD, and battlefield. Recoil is inherently an RNG mechanic to a degree.
>>
>>378821273
kek what? FPS games have this sort of recoil. i just had to explain it in a way people would understand
>>
>>378821329
>thinks the recoil system of CS is bad for no real reason
>for no real reason

Except for the fact that it feels retarded. The recoil in all of those games you mention move the entire screen up, rather than have bullets fire in a fucking set pattern.

>don't bother arguing

Don't be an ignorant retard.

>>378821695
They literally don't.
>>
>>378819821
Pretty sure this is just spawn protection
>>
>>378818373
>csgo has good hit detection
>>
What I don't get is how CS clones like Crossfire get the gun recoil better than CS itself
>>
>>378821329
>recoil

You're one of those "90%" retards, all recoil in games is the visual effect of the gun moving to simiulate that a round is being ejected, in real life it's because of the blow back of the gas released from the ejection port after the primer has struck.

Bullet deviation/spread or MOA in real life is what is the problem with CS:GO

in real life you don't aim a gun at a target and random miss because there's always a reason to miss (aim was off, barrel is bad, wind etc. ) in games it's harder to show that shit to a player and thus is removed meaning you SHOULDN'T BE PENALIZED FOR HAVING CROSSHAIR STRAIGHT OVER A FUCKING TARGET

it makes no sense what-so-ever for a bullet to magically curve out of the center from where the crosshair is lined up. If the game wants a muzzle climb/recoil effect that's fine but the crosshair should move in tune with the barrel/sights if not that's a huge mechanical flaw and shitty game design.
>>
>>378819605
This was a bug that was acknowledged and patch. Hit boxes would get fucked if you stood still like that and turned.
>>
File: 1444072304988.gif (166KB, 485x662px) Image search: [Google]
1444072304988.gif
166KB, 485x662px
>>378822141
Wow, I bet you're real fun at parties.
>>
>>378821774
>Except for the fact that it feels retarded

It's intuitive for sure, but it feels completely natural once you get used to it. It's only there to make spraying with automatics much harder to control.

>The recoil in all of those games you mention move the entire screen up

CS moves the screen up slightly, also those games do a lot more than just move the screen up. Recoil in Siege and BF move the screen up, left and right while CoD just has cone of fire weapon spread.

>>378819683
The planting hitboxes are fucked because Valve sucks as a company. I love CS but there's no denying that the hitboxes in GO are super fuckey. I can still remember playing CSS for the first time with graphics good enough to see blood on enemies, and how enraging it was to see a red dot dead center on a guys forehead right before he killed me.

Granted I've never played an online shooter with amazing hitboxes. I can still remember knifing a bush wookie in BC2 only to get blood multiple times and to have him turn around and kill me instantly, and I just played OW yesterday and I had a game were my first 5 to 6 shots as a soldier just wouldn't register on a pharah despite me aiming right on her.

>>378822141
>SHOULDN'T BE PENALIZED FOR HAVING CROSSHAIR STRAIGHT OVER A FUCKING TARGET

Either don't spam or compensate for the shot misplacement then. There's nothing wrong with the system.

>it makes no sense what-so-ever for a bullet to magically curve out of the center from where the crosshair is lined up

It's a game, not real life.
>>
>>378822394
lmao what is this fucking reddit shit?

In case you haven't realised, this isn't a party faggot.
>>
F0rest. Have you seen nip recently? No way he can hit a 1dap
>>
>>378819328
>CSGO LOTTO
No wonder he's a faggot that can't hit anything unless is standing still.
>>
>>378822470
>It's intuitive for sure,

No.

> it feels completely natural once you get used to it

Can say that for literally everything. "being cucked feels completely natural once you get used to it", "eating shit feels completely natural, etc"

>it's only there to make spraying harder to control

And the point is that it's the absolute laziest way of doing it. I've no fucking clue why, after the myriad fps games that have improved it after half-life came out, that CS would choose to stick with the literal 1998 tier mechanic. That's almost 2 decades of zero improvement.

>Recoil in Siege and BF move the screen up, left and right

That's right. Don't know about Siege, but BF at least also has bullet drop. At least for guns that aren't shotguns with slug rounds.
>>
>>378819438
swag me out
>>
*blocks your path*

The Phantom, exterior like fish eggs
The interior like suicide wrist red
I can exercise you, this can be your Phys. Ed
Cheat on your man, ma, that's how you get ahizzead
>>
>>378822779
Ah, yeah meant to say it's very unintuitive. I feel like that's 90% of the reason /v/ has a problem with it, they play the game for 20 or so hours then throw a shitfit when they panic and spray and an enemy at a medium range and end up missing despite the crosshair being on them. Really, it's a common complaint of bad players.

> I've no fucking clue why, after the myriad fps games that have improved it after half-life came out, that CS would choose to stick with the literal 1998 tier mechanic.

Because the player base wants the mechanics to stay the same? I mean I love Siege but the recoil for half the guns in the game is far too forgivable. Also there's nothing inherently wrong with how CS handles recoil. Granted it's super unintuitive the game still has a short training mode that blatantly shows players how the mechanic works.

>but BF at least also has bullet drop

Bullet physics would be pointless in CS, due to the short engagement ranges. All it would do is make hitboxes that much worse.
>>
reminder Dazed is the ONLY good CS streamer.
>>
>>378820540

There are

CSGO just has marketing

Balance is terrible
>>
CS was fine when it didn't have a comp queue and skin lottery. Any sort of novelty or quirks have been thoroughly ironed out of the game. As a result, it feels soulless. Bring back the surreal maps and the custom gravity!
>>
>>378822932
aaahh i tried to sneak through the door man
cant make it
cant make it, this shits stuck
outta my way son
DOORSTUCK
DOORSTUCK
>>
>>378823474
you know theres still just as many custom servers and as of last week scoutknives is a real mode, right?
>>
>>378823502
PLEASE
>>
>>378823276
>Because the player base wants the mechanics to stay the same?

Then why don't they just keep playing 1.6 lmao. Because changing the graphics changes the fucking mechanics. The way things look impacts our minds, and changes how we respond to stuff. This has obviously got to be a bullshit reason, either they are lying, or are just absolutely retarded as fuck. Most likely the latter.

I have a mate who plays CS:GO, almost religiously, and he says it sucks, so I ask him why he doesn't just play 1.6 and apparently it doesn't have enough playerbase. What a fucking cuck. ARMA players can fucking set up matches between each other even though there aren't many players. Apparently most CS players that want to go back to 1.6 can't do the same.

>there's nothing inherently wrong with how CS handles recoil

Except for the fact that it feels unnatural. And unless you play for thousands of hours til the point where the CS retarded mechanics feel natural you aren't going to enjoy it. I'd liken it to getting a lobotomy to be honest.
>>
File: not.png (429KB, 399x614px) Image search: [Google]
not.png
429KB, 399x614px
>>378822394
>>
>>378823474
I used to admin on a CSS server with completely custom maps, but I'd still say ranked mode was a very smart thing to add to CS. I do miss playing on custom maps, but a fuckton of players just didn't want to spend time downloading a new map and learning it, and after a while the server I was on started dying until we put Dust2 in its rotation, and even then half of the players would leave as soon as Dust2 ended.

There was some really cool custom, surreal maps in CSS though, there was one that had a bunch of gnarly space shit going on but I cannot for the life of me remember what the map was called.
>>
>>378822141
>All recoil in games is the visual effect of the gun moving to simiulate that a round is being ejected.
>in real life it's because of the blow back of the gas released from the ejection port after the primer has struck.

Literally could not be more wrong. I don't even understand how someone could think something this stupid even if they had a COD understanding of guns.
>>
>>378823880
>What a fucking cuck. ARMA players can fucking set up matches between each other even though there aren't many players. Apparently most CS players that want to go back to 1.6 can't do the same.

1.6 has more players than Arma has right now

http://steamcharts.com/app/10

http://steamcharts.com/app/33930

Personally I just prefer GO, though 1.6 for sure handles some things better.

>Except for the fact that it feels unnatural

Neither does bunny hopping or combos in any 2D fighting game, that doesn't make them bad mechanics.

>And unless you play for thousands of hours til the point where the CS retarded mechanics feel natural you aren't going to enjoy it

So the game having depth is a bad thing? I get that you don't like the mechanic and I can easily see why someone wouldn't like it, but trying to argue that it's inherently bad just ain't true. You sound like my Halo loving buddy that played CSGO gun game with me for a hot minute, he kept bitching about the "fake recoil" throwing his shots off, when all he'd have to do to hit shots is burst properly.
>>
>>378824565
http://steamcharts.com/app/107410
>>
>>378824565
>or combos in any 2D fighting game

They don't feel unnatural though. But with advancements in videogames they eventually will.

The machine gun in Half-life didn't feel unnatural then, but it does now for example.

>So the game having depth is a bad thing?

If it comes at too much a cost, sure. Sacrificing how a game feels to play just to have a tiny bit more depth is retarded. But I'm sure the aspies who play the game "competitively" will disagree. Besides, if you want depth, then every battlefield game has already outdone CS. More players means more complex situations that will arise, meaning you have to make more plans. You can't win in that game merely by being a better shot.

>trying to argue that it's inherently bad just ain't true

There is no such thing as anything inherently bad. However, these mechanics have far outlived their use by date, this at least should be clear.
>>
>>378824814
Arma 3 is only like 4 years old, 1.6 is like 18 years old and only has a couple thousand less players. Either way, it's not hard to find a game of 1.6 to play.
>>
ranks? GN3
>>
>>378825195
Well I do live in Australia, so that could be the reason. Never really felt like checking out the state of 1.6.
>>
valve and their horrid 64 tick servers
>>
>>378820540
Here's to hoping blizzard gets their heads out of their asses and makes some actually competitive maps.
>>
>>378825196
LEM at its highest, but I've lost my rank and probably play at a gold nova level now due to me not really playing CS anymore.

>>378825304
You're probably fucked then, niche online games in AUS seem like a nightmare.
>>
>>378825376
Oh, and the deagle has terrible recoil on all it's shots, you'd normally be able to see it on the dynamic crosshair but that dude in the webm disabled it and has a static crosshair, so you really can't tell. Chances are he was firing too fast.
>>
>>378825196
silver 1
my irl friend is a global elite who teaches me a bunch of shit and carries me on his smurfs when he feels like fucking around, and because of it I don't like playing solo because I get people who don't know basic shit, and I don't like playing with people higher ranks at like LEM because I'm still silver 1 trash myself
so instead i just buy nothing but deag + armor and buy awps for my friend
>>
>>378825483
>You're probably fucked then

Nah it's not that bad. Some games, like Titanfall 2, you can only play on the weekend though. But it helps to have a huge range of taste so can just play a lot of other games in the meantime.
>>
>>378825196
gn1 BABBY
>>
>play with korean girl
>fucking terrible player
>but looks cute running around with muh akihabara accept AUG
one win away from seeing what this gaymur girl's rank is
>>
Counter strike was just ok at best
>>
File: 1495513834880.jpg (54KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1495513834880.jpg
54KB, 400x386px
I just wanted a better looking 1.6
>>
>>378819673
But he got a body shot?
>>
>>378825196
mg2 after 10 matches won, I only play community servers tho
>>
>>378818373
I play R6 Siege. None of this shit even comes close to Sieges level.
>>
>>378828051
both games have pretty fucked hitboxes, but I think it stands out more in these games because accurate aiming in CS and Siege is incredibly important compered to damn near any other FPS.
>>
>>378827146
this is like the 4th iteration since then so a bit strange to say that
>>
>>378828242
Each update to Counter Strike since 1.6 has fucked it up in some way every time so I don't think its strange to want them to get it right just one more time. GO was on the way to it but they fucked it up again.
>>
>>378828205
Oh yeah they both have problems and CSGO has its share. I'm just saying that I'm not even bothered by the very rare bullshit in CSGO because I'm faced with it every single time I play Siege.
>>
>>378827146
>>378828386
The problem is Source is a shite engine for a competitive precision aim FPS. The engine has so many issues with hitboxes interacting with animations both active and idle its obscene.
>>
>>378819878
because /v/ never exaggerates anything
>>
>>378819328
>>378819438
>playing lefthanded
No sympathy for these losers
>>
>>378828707
I love both and the hitbox issues and glitches have never been enough to deter me from enjoying them. Siege does have some insane shit though, like that shield glitch were enemies will be unshootable because the game glitched and thinks they're still holding a deployable shield while they're shooting.

Still, 90%+ of the time everything works right and the better player ends up winning.

>>378828715
I feel like you're right, I remember CSS having just as many issues. Granted Neotokyo seemed to have fairly fine hitboxes.
>>
>>378819328
>>378818373
The aiming in CS has always been objectively bad.
>>
Defend this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0rlCJ047Ds
>>
>>378819438
Wow I didn't know k-style still existed
>>
>>378830963
I can't defend autism.
>>
>>378830963
>can't hit shit from far even when you're right on

christ
>>
>>378829029
Neotokyo's devs went through alot of heartache to make the hitboxes the least fucky they could. Valve could go through the effort but why would they when they bankroll the game without fixing its problems.
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.