[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ripperoni.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 23

File: roadhog.png (964KB, 1125x1100px) Image search: [Google]
roadhog.png
964KB, 1125x1100px
Ripperoni.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
41KB, 480x360px
>>378813936
What's your fucking problem? You already had 30 fucking threads discussing the same stupid topic, your character got nerfed, big fucking deal man, is this your first video game online? Nerfs and buffs are bound to happen on any game, good or bad, they happen, stop shilling this game so hard and go fucking do something else instead.
>>
Will roadshitters ever recover? Now if only we can get Pharah nerfed the game might be good.
>>
>>378814098
Look, if I had to sit through the days of ~6 P5 threads then you can deal with the one Roadhog thread at a time.

>>378813936
I tested him on the PTR, love the speed increase on his gun, but the hook combo is basically just to catch people out now and is almost useless.
>>
>>378814319
You know what's the difference between those Persona threads and this? Persona 5 came out weeks ago and as a Game release (You know, not a patch update), of course it was going to be big
Now you have your roadhog threads about a game that is now 1 year old, more if you count the betas and shit, and there's nothing else to discuss, your character got nerfed, that's it, there's nothing else to talk about, you are comparing a fucking game release to a stupid patch note
>>
>>378814098
>>378814684
>Getting butthurt over a thread about video games on /v/
kys
>>
>>378813936

clips dot twitch dot tv/InnocentSecretiveCasetteKippa
>>
>>378814684
They have threads on patch notes for MMOs when they just change class mechanics: same for MOBA's, action games, etc.
Why does your panties get in a wad when people talk about Overwatch patch notes? Do you just hate the game that much? Do you go into all the other patch note threads and make the same complaint?
>>
>>378813936
Why is blizzard seemingly incapable of just holding down rips and buffs? Its like there trying to buff/nerf things a patch before causing a wild seesaw effect. of over buffing and over nerfing.
>>
>>378814865
"Aww SHIT, I'm too fucking stupid to realize the #1 played in the world video game of all fucking time is talked about enough to have a /vg/ thread. Guess I'll double down on this mistake!"

Fuck you, when is Warcraft 3 becoming free to play?
>>
>>378816027
>1 played in the world video game of all fucking time
nice bait fag
>>
The reaper orb change pisses me off more.
>>
>>378818117
Why? Reaper's much better with innate lifesteal, considering how strong healers and tanks are. Health orbs were implemented back when this was more like a team shooter and less like a moba, Much like Widow and her shitty venom mine.

The orbs DID look cool though. RIP
>>
>>378813936
Rip indeed. I'll just be playing more hanzo and reaper. Salt makes everything better.
>>
BLIZZARD = TRUMP

/v/ = LIBERALS

Let me break it down for you.

One, is a successful white male, who through multiple decades has acheived not only finanical domination but absolutely bitch slapped all press and haters.

The other, is a game company, made by white males for white males, who for multiple decades acheived financial domination so large they could cock-slap Vevindi while so many others from the same era faded or were destroyed.

Both have been so many times seen as jokes or underdogs, but here we are. The dawning of a new era.

The only people to doubt Blizzard are the same that doubted Trump in November. Cucks. Haters. Liberals.

/v/ can't stop hating on Based Blizzard the same way the commie msm can't stop hating on Based Trump.

Makes you think...
>>
>>378818117
It's an actual hard nerf.
Before if anyone killed an enemy you got 50 HP. Now you have to solo kill a squishy to get 40. It only helps if you're shooting an ulting harambe.
This + road nerf are basically making flanker meta unstoppable. Winston can live for days, tracer and genji don't get oneshot from a hook and you're forced to give up counters and just play meta.
Into the trash they go with Ana Reinhardt and mccree.
I don't know why people complained about triple tank but triple flank is somehow fine.
>>
>>378818693
>Heals after the fight are more useful than heals during the fight
>Playing Reaper to counter flankers
>Playing Reaper at all
Tales from gold.
>>
>overshit
>>>/vg/
>>
>>378818693
>It's an actual hard nerf.
I agree, I don't understand how people are calling this a buff.

>I don't know why people complained about triple tank but triple flank is somehow fine.
Because to be a flanker more skill is required than just stand in massive HP pools while your healler spam grenades of HP into your pool.
>>
>>378814312
>bronze-silver problems
>>
wow you actually have to use teamwork now in a team-based game?
As long as this cuts down on the number of solo flanker Roadhogs, I'm all for it l. All you need to be is smart flank with a buddy who can fuck up your picks with you
>>
>>378814312
>Pharah nerfed
>Pharah
>OP
>>
File: superman.gif (3MB, 445x250px) Image search: [Google]
superman.gif
3MB, 445x250px
I dont mind the damage nerf, i can still kill anyone with 200 health, and the extra shot and rapid fire he got is amazing, they're going to end up taking the 5th shot away later. calling it
>>
>babies keep crying about roadhog needing a nerf

well enjoy tracers, genjis, pharahs and other flankers raping your ass now im fucking done
>>
>>378820587
>gifs are still being made in 2016 or 17
fucking why
>>
>>378821450
>Genji
>Pharah
The only one that CAN cause some buzz is Tracer, and if you aren't Platinum she is no more than an anoynce.
>>
>>378821803
there gonna cause a lot more problems without a roadhog about. i play on console aswell they seem to cause more problems there and pc
>>
>>378814312
Sure wish sub diamond fucks would leave
>>
>>378821891
I play on console as well, the major problems are Pharah with kb+m.
Aside this, all is well.
>>
So what is roadhogs jobs now? Spam into barriers? He is a fuckhuge hitbox and reaper is going to be a better winston/dva killer, but only tanks becuase of the new passive vs old.
>>
File: Cqg9rHbWAAAvEwY.jpg (54KB, 454x562px) Image search: [Google]
Cqg9rHbWAAAvEwY.jpg
54KB, 454x562px
>>378813936
>Overwatch
>more like Overnerf

am I right Hog mains?
>>
>>378822383
Instakill squishs.
That's it.
>>
>>378822383
hook people and have your teammates kill them
>>
>>378822515
Nice input faggot go play some csgo or weeb shit
>>
>>378822515
>on v
>this mad over a video game discussion

How about you kill yourself you raging faggot.

I bet you're some Todd posting fuckboy.
>>
>>378813936
Nobody cares about your casual game intended for retards and Quake rejects.
>>
>>378822694
>discussing a nerf to one character in a shit game with a general thats had 30 plus threads already
>all video game discussion is good

i bet you wouldnt know a good game if it slapped your cunt face
>>
File: 1496361414439.gif (2MB, 500x225px) Image search: [Google]
1496361414439.gif
2MB, 500x225px
>>378813936
thank god
>>
>this one random faggot pissed about overwatch
It's certainly not a perfect game, but it's very popular, and honestly it's the second best FPS alive, after Titanfall 2, which is at death's door.
I don't see what the problem is, and they actually seem to be making improvements to the game, changing hog into a big shotgunner instead of "teehee I have two hundred ping and now you're dead"
>>
what even happened to that fat overpowered fuck?
>>
>Roadhog has a close to 50% winrate in every bracket
>nerf him
>Symettra has a >60% winrate in every bracket
>do nothing

Really rumbles my gumballs there Blizz.
>>
>>378814098

What we need is more Farcry 5 threads, they seem to be dying down.
>>
File: VISIBLE CONFUSION.gif (2MB, 244x194px) Image search: [Google]
VISIBLE CONFUSION.gif
2MB, 244x194px
>people not even in Master commenting on game balance
>Blizzard unironically listens to them

I don't know how bad you have to be at the game to think that Roadhog was overpowered after his nerfs + all the additional things in the game that block his hook.
>>
>>378823427
>console players
>>
>>378823601
>half the time he instagibs someone
>half the time he dies like the useless fat fuck he is
That is not good balance, my friend
>>
>>378823601
>faggots assuming rank means anything more than games played
Literally no.
>>
File: 1383027605061.jpg (38KB, 400x277px) Image search: [Google]
1383027605061.jpg
38KB, 400x277px
>>378823601
>games should not be balanced for the fun of 99% of the playerbase
>>
>>378820587

That gif is AMAZING
>>
>>378822383

>Spam into barriers?

Nope. His damage was nerfed considerably. Enjoy barriers lasting much longer now.
>>
File: crying salute.jpg (78KB, 445x367px) Image search: [Google]
crying salute.jpg
78KB, 445x367px
>>378820587
>>
>>378823603
These winrates are coming from PC, you can look for yourself.

https://www.overbuff.com/heroes
>>
>>378822882
>30 threads about one character in one day
>When there are terabytes of New Vegas threads since the game came out.
>Complaining about what's on this stupid board.

K.
>>
>>378823936
>bronze players
>>
>>378822506
I love jahgo's art
>>
File: 1437353185330.gif (202KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1437353185330.gif
202KB, 300x200px
>>378823689
>herp derp there's no middle ground he's either good or bad

Wonderful logic anon!

>>378823812
Yeah right, there's plenty of people I've played against with silver emblems / 4+ stars who were still trash.

Same logic with most competitive games, time played doesn't always = ability at the game.

>>378823828
It should be balanced around the heroes being used at their peak ability if this game wants to be taken seriously, not pandering to retards who think Roadhog is broken despite all of his weaknesses.
>>
>>378823936

>dva, winston, and reinhardt have better win percentages in every single tier
>>
>>378824008
Are you just pretending to be retarded now anon?

You can cycle through every bracket's winrates.
>>
>>378824140
>this complete lack of reading comprehension
There are multiple ways to make a character good.
Hog is currently incredibly binary, and if you disagree, you are probably a shitter trying to pretend to be good.
>>
>>378824218
Pickrates + situational. How do you calculate a Winrate when you can freely swap at any time, as well?
>>
>>378823969
New Vegas is good though, and there aren't 30 plus thread in a day pushing other stuff off. If you want to discuss babies first shooter there are plenty of other places like reddit.
>>
>>378824591
>NV
>not first baby Role Playing Game
Your only friend is /v/, right?
>>
>>378813936
le balanced hook man
>>
File: relaxnigga.png (196KB, 400x362px) Image search: [Google]
relaxnigga.png
196KB, 400x362px
>>378824464
>Hog is currently incredibly binary

But he's not, you're either good enough to land enough hooks to stay impactful or you miss a lot of hooks and your impact lessens dramatically.

It's not a hero problem, it's a player problem.

Same shit goes with ANY hero that requires good aim, you can't blurt out "REEEE NERF HIM" because you get outplayed.

I got to fucking 3.8k exclusively playing Torb on offense and Reaper on defense no matter how hard my team cried.

The majority of the playerbase is trash, Blizzard catering to them makes the game even more of a joke. They have no idea what the fuck they're doing.
>>
>>378824652
Name five good role playing games made after 2008.
>>
>>378824140
Just because they had 4+ stars doesn't mean they play comp exclusively, idiot. And it's not a question of ability it's a question of binomial distribution and the odds those who do play more frequently will trump the odds against them and succeed and rank higher. Another factor to consider is the placement is skewed and places you back into the rank you had in the previous season or slightly lower, meaning S1 players who ranked high got the benefit of the doubt and placed high the following seasons despite the multitude of changes made, same with all previous seasons transferring into the proceeding seasons.

That's not to say there isn't skill involved either, there are players that are exceedingly competent and are able to carry teams, but those cases are exceptionally rare, and being exceptionally rare means they naturally get less leverage in development decisions like balance.

Finally Roadhog isn't overkitted in and of himself but rather by his interaction in the design of all the maps. The narrow corridors and linear pushes all mean that Roadhog is incredibly well suited in punishing any character that isn't behind a barrier while having a ridiculous TTK for flankers who are his primary threat while also being their primary threat. With all these issues compouding on a singular character it's easy to assess that he does in fact need nerfed as he is far too powerful.

Beyond all that he's a continual threat to his own team when he's not played correctly, acting as a massive battery when targeted, especially when being healed and self healing, he becomes an instant ult for anyone, a one man ticket to a steamroll.
>>
>>378824903
>you hook and are impactful
>you don't hook and you aren't
You, uh, do know what binary means, right?
>>
>>378824903
>But he's not binary
>He's binary!
????
>>
>>378824990
The character isn't binary though, it's the players. You are either shit or you're not.
>>
File: what are you doing.jpg (62KB, 548x556px) Image search: [Google]
what are you doing.jpg
62KB, 548x556px
>>378824591

>spending all day on this board
>>
>>378825040
Is this the intelligence of the overwatch player?
>>
>>378824990
>>378825030
No whose fucking awful at reading comprehension.

You implied his binary usefulness was how the hero was balanced when in realty it's how well the player is able to use him.

If you only had bad players picking him then he'd appear weak, but if you got a bunch of God tier HM Hookers he'd look broken as fuck.

Like I said, PLAYER PROBLEM, not a HERO PROBLEM.
>>
>>378824591
>Calls Overwatch Babies first shooter
>Calls New Vegas good.

:^)
>>
>>378825160
>God tier HM

GM*

Also have no idea how it quoted that cross thread post.
>>
File: railgun.gif (1003KB, 400x180px) Image search: [Google]
railgun.gif
1003KB, 400x180px
>>378824140
>think Roadhog is broken despite all of his weaknesses.
i never ever hear hog defenders actually talk about these weaknesses, they just asert that they exist.
i think you are a liar
>>
>>378825241
Name another one as good released in the last 7 years. Divinity original sin doesn't count
>>
>>378824903
>people whining about team comp in bronze/silver

I'll play Junkrat on attack all god damn day and you can't stop me.
>>
>>378825354
Wish I could find the prior thread where I was more elaborate, but I'll just green text it down.

>large, slow target, no mobility
>has no armour
>easy to build ults from
>has to continually land hooks to compete with any competent DPS heroes

He's an easy god damn target, it doesn't matter if he gets his ult fast from healing because it's not as impactful as other ults. Even then it's easy to not get in hook range or be on the wider scope of it which makes it difficult for him to land it or likely to hit an obstacle.

It's like Junkrat feeding the enemy healer ults because of his high damage without actually killing heroes.
>>
File: Mad Jack.jpg (326KB, 600x884px) Image search: [Google]
Mad Jack.jpg
326KB, 600x884px
I argued with a handful of PCbros today, He's a DPS Tank built around punishing single heroes given the chance which has been reduced thanks to the previous nerf. When the hook is on cooldown he's vulnerable. He's not a mobile as some of the other DPS heroes, that's justification for not picking him, he's a huge, easy target. This nerf is just Blizzard giving into the garbage tier bronze and silver players like they always do. Pay attention to Roadhog like you would any other character and avoid getting hooked. But no, they have to cater to the lowest common denominator. I've played Roadhog since launch and I've consistantly hit Platinum each competitive season. I don't play quite as much for anything above Diamond but I will be playing it considerably less now since Blizzard deems it fit to ruin one of my best characters.
>>
>>378825965
He's a tank and shouldn't be trying to compete with damage, rather he should be focused on absorbing damage and holding the point. He doesn't need armor he has a self heal that heals for 300HP over one second, essentially healing beyond most DPS hero damage. His mobility skill is the hook, you don't need to move if you can bring your target to you, and he's the only tank in the game that can consistently drag opponents behind your team's line. He is a large slow target just like every other tank in the game.
>>
>>378826730
When he can hook you all the way from the opposite end of the map for a OHKO at or beyond every DPS character's effective range there is something wrong. When he can bang out a flanker without ever being threatened there is a problem. The punishment assertion is nullified by the length of the hook bettering the effective ranges of most characters. The fact even without a hook he can OHKO flankers and push them into obsolescence is bullshit as well. There is no justification for him to exist as he does in his current form.
>>
File: 1314758111985.jpg (25KB, 409x499px) Image search: [Google]
1314758111985.jpg
25KB, 409x499px
>>378825965
>large
just like other tanks
>slow
everyone moves the same speed, retard
>no mobility
hook is his mobility, and it is way better
>has no armour
has the highest HP in the game, and one of the best heals
>easy to build ults from
ok
>has to successfully use his abilities
just like everyone else

all your points except one are bullshit.
>>
>>378827271
There is no point arguing with them, they honestly think they should be allowed to one or two shot people and that they're "good" when they do so.

Trying to point out that Roadhog does the most damage IN THE GAME in the least amount of time and leaves their opponent no way to react will be ignored by Roadhog players.

They think they DESERVE their no skill free kills.

That they're GOOD PLAYERS and should be rewarded by being able to one shot people.
>>
>>378826859
>He's a tank and shouldn't be trying to compete with damage, rather he should be focused on absorbing damage and holding the point.

He's the only tank without a shield or armour, he excels at flanking important targets like healers and stopping enemy flankers which Winston is also good at.

He's not a typical tank who grounds down to hold a position or helps his team slowly push forward behind him.

>He doesn't need armor he has a self heal that heals for 300HP over one second

If you're under attack this doesn't really help you because unless you're playing with retards it's easy to rail him down with headshots while he's literally stuck standing still. Hooking targets also leaves you vulnerable because you're can't move during that either.

>His mobility skill is the hook, you don't need to move if you can bring your target to you

Which depends on you flanking successfully or an enemy being out of position, because other than that you're going to be taking a lot of the enemy fire without a shield of your own building their ults up.

Like Jesus if you ever played Roadhog against competent DPS players you'd never want to pick the hero ever again, talk to me when you have experience in the Master and GM.
>>
>>378825965
>Even then it's easy to not get in hook range or be on the wider scope of it which makes it difficult for him to land it or likely to hit an obstacle.

Complete bullshit.

Also they "I Deserve to one shot people who get "caught out" argument is also bullshit.

You're not outplaying or catching ANYONE out you stupid fucking hog, EVERY MAP IS ONE OR TWO CHOKES.

Standing near a choke point isn't "catching a flanker out" you low skill fucking retard.

You don't deserve to one or two shot half the FUCKING CAST simply because you threw your hook or shot your alternate fire around choke point PEOPLE HAVE TO WALK THROUGH TO PLAY THE GAME.
>>
File: 1397593950404.jpg (413KB, 1024x1598px) Image search: [Google]
1397593950404.jpg
413KB, 1024x1598px
>>378827742
>>He doesn't need armor he has a self heal that heals for 300HP over one second
>If you're under attack this doesn't really help you
you have to be joking. reinharts can never kill a hog ever. you can land a perfect charge on a hog, but he will just heal through your swings then shoot you in the face twice.

>ike Jesus if you ever played Roadhog against competent DPS players you'd never want to pick the hero ever again,
hog can kill the DPS faster than they can kill him, headshots or not. his headhitbox is smaller now too. so that point isnt even relevent anymore.
>talk to me when you have experience in the Master and GM.
so the other 99.9% of players should suffer OHKs because hog isnt viable in the top 0.1%? are you also mad that sym and bastion arent viable in GM?
>>
The hook is mostly nerfed against characters with wonky hitboxes like Hanzos, Anas and Lucios. Characters with normal hitboxes like Soldier and McCree will still die reliably.
In my opinion trading damage for a higher firing rate and a larger magazine is a good trade. Roadhog is now able to defend himself much more reliably when the hook is down - in particular against flankers like Tracers and Genjis, making him a more effective counter against them since they'll still die when hooked but now can be taken down without hook better. The gun did more damage before but due to the spread it was incredibly random - which it still is - but the higher firing rate should make things more robust.
The only characters which are really troublesome with the new hook are Anas. Pulling them in when they're not down on hp is going to get you sleep darted, but people will be able to adjust to that. Roadhog will simply play more dynamically since now you'll have to consider a bit more whom/when to hook.

I can guarantee that most of the shitters who complained about the old hook will be quite mad when they realise that the hook can still kill them and that hog has gotten a lot more dangerous in close combat now even when the hook is down.
>>
>>378825160
I had to recheck this thread. Please open up a dictionary to the definition of binary, or stop breathing.
>>
>>378828328
>are you also mad that sym and bastion arent viable in GM?

I'm not the guy you're arguing with, but in Masters Sym is very viable on first point defenses and even some other later portions of maps with the shield generator.
>>
File: 1496304942903[1].webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496304942903[1].webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
JUST
>>
>it's m2 kills all mccree all over again
Hog gate is terrible. Nerfed combo is a death sentence in normal gameplay, everyone is losing their shit because they have to actually try and get 2 shots off if they fuck up. They're also now able to fuck up.
>>
>>378813936
>Basically make him Mcree 2.0 aka useless
Blizzard never changes with their nerfs.
>>
>>378828658
I clarified you dumbfuck, but you still didn't understand.

By your logic every hero is binary because you can either be good or bad at them, it has NOTHING to do with how they're balanced right?
>>
They should add a huge knockback effect after he hooks someone and shoots them. That way you can do damage safely and possibly force them off the map if positioned right. Someone hire me already.
>>
>>378828691
If this is how a "good hog" plays, it's no wonder why people lose their shit. Everything in this clip is done poorly. Launch out those M2s more. Didn't even need to hook, just 2 M2s and widow would have been dead before mercy showed up. Plus he didn't punch, so that fat combo everyone boasts about wasn't even attempted. Stop baiting with awful hog videos.
>>
>>378828691
Fucking hell man, that nerf is disgusting
>>
>>378828792
>mccree is useless
If you can't win without broken abilities, then you can't honestly contribute anything to games as far as opinions go.
>>
>>378828691
>Hey lets make flanking heroes that have impossible to deal with momentum and mobility
>Alright cool, but to balance that lets put in some hard CC so they don't get to run rampant over anyone who doesn't have godlike aim
>Oh wait our playerbase is crying about flashbang and hook being actually dangerous and keeping things in check?!
>Nerf it into the fucking ground
>>
>>378828880
His point is that Hog is binary because his performance depends solely on whether or not you land his hook.

Even if you're a good player, you don't do anything on the character if you miss your hook. Your gun isn't particularly effective against most targets because it's really short range, even with M2, and you're just a big meat pile for people to shoot and build ult. The character is built around hitting hook whereas other characters are multidimensional and aren't make-or-break on one ability.
>>
File: 1436760452113.png (1MB, 1280x747px) Image search: [Google]
1436760452113.png
1MB, 1280x747px
>>378820587
F
>>
>>378813936
>every map is filled with one or two chokepoints at key locations
>all multiple choke points are within roadhogs insane hook reach or mouse two shot

Roadshow mains "Hehe, I deserve to one shot or stunlock kill that person, because I'm good. They shoulda avoided me or stayed outta my range!"
>>
>>378829145
Go ahead and tell me Mcree's pickrate and how it has dropped like a rock since his nerfs. He was a gate-keeper for flankers, now he is worse than most heroes in the game.

Your dumbass is going to be bitching about Genji and Tracer come a few weeks after these changes.
>>
>>378829204
That's what defense is for?
>>
>>378829204
this

enjoy your autistic genji mains having free roam aswell and enjoy no one defending your healers
>>
>>378829312
You mean the entire catagory that is ignored by most of the playerbase at nearly all skill levels?
>>
>>378829337
Yeah, I don't even think a road can kill a Tracer anymore.
>>
File: 1494122233347.jpg (94KB, 960x402px) Image search: [Google]
1494122233347.jpg
94KB, 960x402px
>>378828691
Jesus titty fucking Christ that's awful, I'm made Eve more angry by the fact THEY STILL HAVEN'T FIXED THE WONKY ROPE CLIPPING THROUGH THE SHARK SKINS HAND
>>
>>378829246
I'll keep that in mind when I get one shot by roadhogs secondary fire, you stupid duck.
>>
>>378829276
McCree's pick rate has always been inversely proportional to S76's. S76 received some buffs that made him the go-to ranged DPS. No one really gives a fuck about some gatekeeper for flankers since the best way to deal with flankers is to just shoot them.
>>
File: doubleD.jpg (39KB, 336x243px) Image search: [Google]
doubleD.jpg
39KB, 336x243px
>>378820587
>mech doesn't even enter into the pit and still explodes in the middle of the point

If anything he helped the D.VA, just nobody was around to get killed by it
>>
>>378818421
>reddit spacing
>>
>>378827883
Tl;Dr git gud scrub
>>
>>378829482
He was still picked when Soldier had his no-recoil macros when flashbang and fan were decent if only to keep flanks in check. Thanks for continuing to enforce my statement though that Mcree is now a garbage pick due to nerfs though.
>>
>>378818932
Tf2 is dead faggot get over it
>>
>>378829276
Dude, his pickrates went down because he wasn't broken anymore. He couldn't tank bust harder than reaper anymore, he was easy to win with just by hitting E and M2 and instant win against any character. Now if you're half decent you can just shoot faces and get off the occasional flashbang to interrupt an ult. He's literally a git gud hero now and his pick rate reflects the fact that the shitters have moved somewhere else.
>>
>>378829204
>Flashbang and hook were used to keep flankers in check

Genji and Tracer are one of the few classes that can reliably dodge those things, what the hell?

The big person Hog SCREWED was Reaper, who already has to work to get in close.
>>
>>378829645
Yeah man if the pros aren't picking him then he it must be a git gud situation.
>>
>>378829276
>>378829337
>>378829397

>be console pleb
>already have trouble hitting tracers and genjis flying around all over the place with shitty stick aim
>now they're going to be flying right past our defenses and into my face even more
>>
>>378829374
Yeah i guess. That's what they are there for, if people don't utilize them and then complain, well that's on them in the end.
>>
>let's nerf Roadhog when half of the hero pool is trash

Whew, Blizzard does it again!
>>
>>378829709
They don't pick him because they don't need to pick him. Iunno why you'd bring up pros. You're pretty far from pro so it really doesn't matter how they play.
>>
What did they change?
>>
>>378824936
>reddit spacing
>>
>>378829605
He was not picked at any respectable level for any serious competitive play when Soldier had his no-recoil macros. That is completely a revisionist history.

McCree was the go-to in the beginning because of no damage fall off over distance.
Then S76 was the go-to when he was given damage fall off.
Then McCree was the go-to again when S76 got his damage fall off and damge per bullet nerfed.
Then S76 became the go-to once they gutted the fuck out of McCree's FTH.
Then it was McCree again once they gave S76 increased spread and recoil cooldown.
Then it was S76 after they gave him more damage per bullet.

The two characters have always been going back and forth since they occupy the same niche. They're always going to be picked in some capacity because they're still really strong characters for anyone who can aim. McCree is in a clearly weaker spot right now, but it's the smallest the gap has ever been between the two.
>>
File: 1454472557850.png (165KB, 453x433px) Image search: [Google]
1454472557850.png
165KB, 453x433px
>>378820587
Beautiful
>>
>>378829810
Some of the heroes aren't used at all because other heroes invalidate them by being great, I dunno what you're getting at.

As has already been stated, Roadhog invalidated Reaper by existing.

Roadhog made Reaper literally pointless to play without either a nerf or a rework, he was bad design for a multiplayer game. I'm not denying old Hog's big dick single shot damage was fun to play, but I also liked playing Reaper- but he was pointless to.
>>
>>378829983
Almost pointless. Reaper still excels if a team is playing the older style deathball strat.
>>
>>378829983
>when you accidentally your whole post

What I was getting at is that it's bad design for one character to exist at expense of another. It was a flagrant issue, and you either tweak Roadhog or buff Reaper to the point where he can take Roadhog in his old state which would probably involve making him a monster.
>>
>>378829508
you're blind m8
>>
>>378828982
Come on now man, that damage after the point blank shotgun shot is pathetic as all hell. She had less than half health and he still couldn't kill her with a point blank dead center blast.

This is OW's main problem for me, the crazy fast healing and the low damage make the gunplay unsatisfying.

>>378829983
I love Bastion, but like half the cast makes him near useless.

I also hate how that system works. When I die to a Roadhog as Bastion I don't feel like I got outplayed, I just feel like I lost a game of rock, papers, scissors.
>>
>no one talks about how great the fire rate is
Damn, people were really if breaking a single gimmik makes them throw a fit. Every time i played hog, I'd stick with people and m2 for days. Hardly used the hook because i honestly didn't need to use it. It being an aimable stun is great on its own. Being able to now pull people into holes is still pretty messed up though, but since it now takes effort to get normal kills on hog, hole dumps aren't so bad.
>>
>>378830315
I think the difference there is that Bastion's a combo character at heart and no other hero can really accomplish what he can in sheer DPS with a team backing his ass up.

Old hog was simply a better flanker and close range death machine than Reaper with the sole caveat of "Well, he has a lot of health and no shield or anything so if you play him badly he's free ults"
>>
>>378830315
Punch would have finished her off. He keeps backing up too, making his last shots pretty fucking useless (like he's just throwing a fit).

M2 would have solved all problems in that video. Hog shouldn't be so easy.
>>
File: WU4ebKx.png (444KB, 844x437px) Image search: [Google]
WU4ebKx.png
444KB, 844x437px
How to fix Hog:
>revert the damage change
>let hooked players use their escape abilities
Basically, if you get caught by Hog when those are on cooldown, you deserve getting one shot. But there's no point in giving squishy heroes escape abilities in the first place, if they die before they even get the chance to use them.
How's that sound?
>>
>>378830708
Still don't understand why people just don't play sniper if they want to oneshot.
>>
>>378830708
I feel like you risk getting to uni-ntuitive and complicated with that. What counts as an escape ability? Can Mercy fly away?

Some might argue the point of Roadhog's hook is to gank hard to hit targets, it's just that it's even better at ganking everything else because the fast classes are better at evading hits in the first place.
>>
>>378830708
Make his clip 1/1 since that's all that matters to a hog too.
>>
>>378818693
>I don't know why people complained about triple tank but triple flank is somehow fine.
because people don't want to play strong zarya and mvp reinhardt, they want to play epic ninja and epic fast lesbian
who cares if the game suffers
>>
Hog is just an inherently difficult to balance concept for a character. I can't think of many ways you'd balance him that don't involve stepping on others' toes or neutering him.
>>
>>378830802
Sniping requires skill.

One shotting someone in a three second stun requires none
>>
>>378818693
>Winston can live for days

There's no way in hell Winston can kill a Reaper under any circumstances with the Reaper tweak, assuming he's dumb enough to somehow get into range.
>>
>>378831135
>pointing and clicking on targets with a hitscan weapons that one-shots
>skill
>>378830802
Dedicated sniping is just such a different and pace-breaking palystyle in any FPS that it takes a special kind of players to enjoy. Basically, most people just find it extremely boring.
>>
>>378831135
everyone knows sniping is for faggots
>>
>>378818693
>In-combat sustain is not a buff over post-fight sustain.

Hello Gold.
>>
>>378830157
You can see it clearly didn't explode inside the pitfall when the camera pans away from his dead body
>>
>>378814865
this kind of discussion clearly belongs to the general tho
>>
File: cop3.jpg (100KB, 378x378px) Image search: [Google]
cop3.jpg
100KB, 378x378px
>Mcree and Reaper getting buffed
Nice.
>>
>>378831280
Getting three or four headshot kills in a row is completely incomparable to roadhog one shutting a stunned target that's brought right to his crosshairs.

Its on such a different level you'll never understand no matter how your tiny brain and glacially slow reflexes try to keep up.
>>
>>378832119
I never said Hog took any more skill (actually he does, since the hook is a projectile not hitscan).
But don't fool yourself into thinking sniping actually takes skill.
>>
>>378814684
how about you fucking kill yourself you stupid autist. you bitching about it doesn't help, just like the 1 billion other times someone bitched about x in a y thread. hide the thread or ignore it instead of bringing your stupid shit into the thread and making it already worse you stupid nigger faggot dipshit
>>
>>378832261
>(actually he does, since the hook is a projectile not hitscan
wrong, hook is a delayed hitscan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiC9kRcRz3k
>>
>>378833214
>Overwatch Roadhog Hook Shot Hitscan Conspiracy Explained
Okay...
>>
I'll accept this nerf only if they do something about that overpowered Russian dikes shield as well.
>>
>>378834187
But they've already nerfed her shields.
>>
>>378833214
>delayed
>hitscan
>>
>>378825406
Not him, but W3, easily. Any complaint you can level at it goes doubly so for NV.
>>
>>378834187
>nerf the russian bitch!
>not the egyptian cunt that actually ruined the game beyond repair.
>>
>>378814684
>multiple persona waifu threads a day are justified because game is relatively fresh
kys weeb
>>
>>378813936

Oh no! Now I have to shoot>hook>shoot>melee these inputs are too complicated!
>>
Where's the fucking Pharah and Genji nerfs, Blizzard? I don't want Pharah going face to face with S76 and winning because fuck the heal I'm Pharah. Or Genji being able to flank unimpeded.
>>
>>378828328
>you have to be joking. reinharts can never kill a hog ever.
Why would you ever try to kill roadhog as Reinhardt?
The only time you can do that is if he's already bruised and you can interrupt his healing with your charge - other than that, it's simply not your responsibility as Rein.
>>
>>378835119
What's wrong with that? It's a hitscan which fires with a delay.
Thread posts: 161
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.