[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any chance there's a new Splinter Cell announced at E3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: SplinterCellChaos.jpg (66KB, 480x268px) Image search: [Google]
SplinterCellChaos.jpg
66KB, 480x268px
Any chance there's a new Splinter Cell announced at E3?
>>
No, Blacklist bombed horribly. And i don't mean like Capcom/SQueenix definition of bombed with 3mil sales, no, Blacklist sold like 1.5 mil since release til today. The series is rightfully dead and buried just like your thread.
>>
>>378807468
Jesus Christ man, you could've been a bit more gentle.
>>
>>378807468
It takes 5 sec to find out you're wrong. You know people can use google nowaday right?
>>
File: reallyjogsyournoggin.jpg (38KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
reallyjogsyournoggin.jpg
38KB, 640x640px
>>378807194
>2005 Sam Fisher is black
>>
>>378809039
Why don't you prove me wrong then?
>>
>>378807194
Why did everyone hate Double Agent again
>>
Reminder that Sam is turning 60 this year.
>>
>>378807468
maybe it was shit and using ancient Unreal Engine 2
>>
Rumor is new one to be announced at E3
>>
>>378809039
Anon Ubisoft expected to sell 5 million units in the initial release period.
It only sold 2 million which is well below qouta
>>
>>378809718
>release a last gen game when the next gen is just around the corner
>less than a month away from GTA V

It was retarded in the first place, should've released it way earlier.
>>
So blacklist is good right? I got it free with my graphics card, and probably wouldn't have ever played it if not for that. Fuck the FPS sections though
>>
>>378810178
I agree, the only thing anyone gave a shit back then was GTA V, the release date was a death sentence.
>>
>>378810615
It's not a return to Chaos Theory type form but it's a decent stab at it. More than can be said for Conviction.
>>
>>378810615
Yeah, I liked it very much. The biggest flaws were the baffling gameplay changes and lack of good lines for Sam.
>>
>>378809631
No, the gameplay(shooting, moving, climbing, gadgets) was the best in the series but it just didn't find an audience.

What pissed me especially off is what they did to Sams character. The whole point of Sam Fisher(and what convinced Ironside to voice him in the first place) was that he is a government killer who's seen just too many battles and really doesn't want to be in the business anymore. That worked well until Chaos Theory with Double Agent which should have been the end of his career and life - full stop. Sam was getting too old, the writers wrote themselves into a corner with Lambert and his daughter dying and Sams age(super agent at 50? c'mon) they had the perfect opportunity to bring in a new protagonist but instead(after scrapping development on the sequel numerous times) decided to retcon DAs ending and go "SURPRISE! HIS DAUGHTER AINT DEAD! NOW HE'S GOTTA FIND HER, JACK BAUER STYLE!!!!11" which completely betrayed the character and artificially prolonged a series that had no right to go on. Blacklist topped all that with a nearly 60 year old Sam Fisher climbing, running, jumping and fighting with unnatural speed, sounding like he's 30 when talking to his daughter on the phone like he's talking to his wife. Ubisoft had the perfect opportunity to replace Sam with young blood - have Grim bring in one of her field agents, fuck, let it be a chick. 25 years old, has some missions under her belt but is still rather green. Could've built a totally new legacy. But no, they'd rather inject Sam with a youth serum and call it a day.
>>
Ubi included a scene from SC in their E3 teaser. So they probably haven't forgotten.
>>
>>378809483
Reminder that he's a videogame character.
>>
File: 1476476002508.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476476002508.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
No Ironside, no give a fuck.
>>
>>378807194
>make a hit
>decide to shit it out year after year until nobody cares.
>>
>>378807194
Maybe if they make Sam Fisher black and have you take down a "corrupt" police force after they kill your trying daughter even though she was threatening the police with weapons.
>>
File: sc-conviction-coopnight.jpg (71KB, 550x350px) Image search: [Google]
sc-conviction-coopnight.jpg
71KB, 550x350px
>>378812615

Sam Fisher is dead. It's over. Bury the character. Nobody likes what happened to his in Blacklist and nobody wants to see him return without Ironside, so just forget him.

If there has to be another Splinter Cell game, just make a new character. There already were two good new characters in Conviction. Just continue on that line.
>>
As long as they keep Grimsdottir I'm on board.
>>
>>378807194
They'll make a new one for sure, it's ubisoft work to crash and burn all those games you loved as a kid, rainbow six is fucked, ghost recon is fucked, far cry is fucked and splinter cell is fucked
>>
>>378814934
Kestrels alive so i guess he could be the next main character.
Briggs could be too but he was pretty bland
>>
>>378809456
In comparison to Chaos Theory, it was trash. Definitely began the series' decent into more action oriented gameplay, as opposed to the slower stealth mechanics that were perfected in Chaos Theory. All I remember of Double Agent was shooting someone with a sniper rifle in the middle of the day followed by a giant explosion and was struck by how off that felt for a Splintercell game.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.