[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Piracy saves gaming once again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 11

Denuvo was officially removed from RiME after it got cracked.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/493200/discussions/0/1291817837621089415/
>>
I'm looking forward to the comparison videos of the game with and without Denuvo and the ensuing damage control campaign.
>>
>>
>>378805878
How the FUCK does denuvo make the experience better
>>
>put denuvo in
>offer to remove if cracked
>cracked. Removed
>new drm free pirate option available

What the FUCK is the devs endgame? Did he get Denuvo for free and troll them?
>>
>>378805929
Don't try to find any logic there.
>>
>>378805419
So how long did Denuvo protect this game? Like 2 days?
>>
>>378805929
presumably gets the money from tthe people who immediately want the bucks, so on that front it makes the experience of having made the game more enjoyable.
>>
>>378805419
>629 all time peak

there's no way they didn't lose money by using denuvo is there
>>
>>378805929
Locks out poorfags like me from being able to play their game so the richfags don't have to listen to us plebs talk about their game
>>
>>378806071
Like a week? Denuvo V4 x64 which is the latest version.
>>
>>378805959
Basically:
>We want to protect our game with it. If it proves to be worthless, we'll drop them like a sack of shit.
>>
Yes well, maybe I'd have care to give it a try if it didn't have Denuvo. Not anymore though, not likely. Plenty of other games on my backlog.
>>
>>378806261
Denuvo has become such a joke. I guess the pirating groups just figured it out and they can't recreate the impenetrability.
>>
>>378805419
They spent all that money on Denuvo to have it cracked the following day
>>
I really hope Denuvo dies out soon.
How did other DRM solutions phase themselves out?
>>
>>378806594
Well, Ubisoft's worst Always Online shit eventually got removed after they realized they'd lost 90% of all PC sales. They never admitted the DRM was at fault though.

http://www.pcgamer.com/opinion-ubisoft-piracy-and-the-death-of-reason/
>>
I've never even heard of this game
denuvo did its job well
>>
Why do dumb indies keep using denuvo? I can see throwing money at the piracy problem might have some effect but for an indie title every buck is important
>>
>>378805959
Denuvo has a money return system if the game is cracked in a certain time frame. It doesn't hurt the devs to remove Denuvo because it's Denuvo's contract that states they will guarantee first week sales. If they can't do that, they have to return money in compensation for 'lost' sales. In short, devs lost nothing.
>>
>>378806071
5 days.
>>
>>378807016
It had a couple of days of shilling when it was announced, because, for most people, it was "The Last Guardian but not cancelled"
After a while, it dropped its exclusivity and went under the radar until a few days ago
>>
File: _Piracy_CDPR_1496349677066.png (27KB, 777x297px) Image search: [Google]
_Piracy_CDPR_1496349677066.png
27KB, 777x297px
>>
>>378807249
>Denuvo has a money return system
Has this ever been officially confirmed?
>>
>>378807249
Except all the people that might have tried the game by pirating it, the people who won't even try it because it had Denuvo, and a lot of goodwill in general.
>>
>>378807069
Because it's free. Like a few % per sale. hearing this from more successful indie dev friends
>>
>>378805419
If only all developers did that same after their game gets cracked. Denuvo is so shit and some games will be stuck with Denuvo forever.
>>
>>378807352
Pretty sure they have specifically denied they do, but it's impossible to tell whether theyre lying.
>>
>>378807416
To devs on a moral crusade, they are more then willing to give those people the finger. Might even be seen as a positive. The more pirates that give up on games, just means less they have to spend protecting their games.

Never try to logically reason with someone that believes they are just. They just call you the enemy.
>>
>>378807486
That adds up and assumes they actually get sales from pirates, and I assure you by now pirates know they can just wait like a week and get the game cracked even if it has denuvo. Back when Denuvo actually protected games for like 6 months it might have made more sense
>>
>>378807610
And then they whine because their games sold like dogshit and no one wants to even give whatever else they shit out a second look.
>>
>>378807614
Unless you are developing for an established, successful franchise with a big fanbase, it never made sense. As an indie dev you should be starved for people who'll even give your game a lengthy look, you shouldn't make it harder for them.
>>
>>378807282

It came out on consoles on Tuesday.
>>
>>378805959
They are trying to dissuade crackers since no one is going to download your crack since they can just get the DRM free version.
>>
What is Rime about anyway?
>>
>>378807352
No never meaning anyone saying they do is talking out of their ass.
>>
>>378806594
Securom I believe was taken to court, where it was torn apart. Not to mention how people proved how much it fucked your computer in performance, even when the game itself wasn't running.

Even if it wasn't, people just boycotted games that used it until devs folded. That's all we can do, keep kicking devs until they admit that Denevo doesn't help sales and they move to their next brilliant means of defeating Pirates.
>>
Is this game any good?
>>
Baldman is a hero.
>>
>>378807812
The fact is adding denuvo does not make sense until it makes sense. Minecraft as an example because I used to regularly check torrents for it and most have 10k leech and probably more if you add seeders.
>>
>>378805419
>>378805878
They did what they said they were going to do at least. They deserve some credit for that.
>>
>>378807930
>no one is going to download your crack since they can just get the DRM free version.
Except that like, the DRM-free ver actually costs money and the crack doesn't. Unless you mean people will just download the gog vers for free which def happens
>>
File: 1494004454344.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1494004454344.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
Since both the cracked version and the noDenuvo version will be the same exact game with no difference whatsoever, we can actually use it to make a comparison and prove if Denuvo is resource intensive or not.
>>
>>378808094
It doesn't make sense. None of those 10K leeches are gonna pay for minecraft because you riddled it with malware, surely not as many as won't touch it as a result.
>>
>>378807930
Don't crackers crack because they can? Sure they might sneak some bitcoin miners in but if they really cared about money there's probably other things they could do.
>>
So i had and still really have no idea what RiME is, didn't even know it existed until this thread. I decided to youtube it real quick to see if it's interesting or not, looks boring as fuck with nothing to do. I then saw a related video where the dev of the game said in a interview he read neogaf (the most SJW video game site available) and cried for 2 days straight because people shit on the game. Pretty baffling that not only how soft his skin is, but it was from neogaf of all places which almost never allows real criticism of anything.

Can anyone inform me if i'm right at all or wrong when i say just based off flicking through 20 mins of gameplay that it seems like this game is an empty walking simulator where you just run around and click statues and there's nothing to fucking do?
>>
>>378808208
Baldman, the man who cracked it, said that Rime made over 2 million calls in the VM after 2 minutes of the game running. Yes it affects performance.
>>
>>378807517

DOOM

Homefront: The Revolution

Inside

2Dark

Syberia 3 - this one is special. First Denuvo was completely removed (not just cracked) by some guy, then the devs removed it in a patch. But then they added it again only for it to be cracked by using an unprotected .DLL from the previous build. And now Denuvo is officially gone once again, but there are closed beta branches called "denuvotest" and "protectiondev", so this may not be the end.

And now RiME joins this list.
>>
>>378805419
You say that like people wanted this in the first place.
>>
I completely missed the launch of this game, was it any good?
>>
>>378808308
This Russian guy called Baldman, the one who cracked Prey, Nier Automata, Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 and now Rime, does ask for bitcoins as an incentive. He has received $32 so far.
>>
>>378805929
The anti piracy measures make it more realistic like you're living in a digital police state
>>
>>378805929

Probably didn't want any bugs or sudden crashes to occur.
>>
>>378808238
That's why I said it only makes sense until it makes sense. If you're game got fucked because of denuvo then it does not make sense. If it gets more sales without any evidence that's its really because of denuvo then it makes sense. Most established devs only have experience and if they saw their earlier games get pirated more than sold then adding drm is an easy choice even if they know they will be fucked publicly for it.
>>
>>378808807
>If it gets more sales without any evidence that's its really because of denuvo then it makes sense.
And this has happened.... when? I haven't heard of a single denuvo game that sold decently outside the ones that were guaranteed to be successful like MGSV and DOOM.
>>
>>378808807
>if they saw their earlier games get pirated more than sold then adding drm is an easy choice even
And that would be a demonstrably fucking stupid choice anyone with common sense could point out. There isn't even a single case where it's even reasonably plausible that DRM has increased sales, but instead much evidence for DRM having the direct opposite effect.
>>
>>378808509
/thread
>>
File: cat.jpg (175KB, 960x955px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
175KB, 960x955px
>>378805878
>sight and sound

the fuck?
does removing denuvo lower the quality of the audio or some shit?
>>
Wasn't this shit supposed to be PS4 only?
>>
>>378805878
>cracking a game ruins the sights and sounds
No, but I think putting obtrusive DRM does that.

Listen it's fine if you want to keep people from pirating the game you spent 5+ years making or whatever, but don't try to sugarcoat the fact that you're fucking over legit customers to do that.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1422x800px
>devs still going for denuvo and other DRM that gets cracked within weeks/months
>instead of going the obvious route.

NEVER

EVER
>>
>Still no dishonored 2 crack
Literally the only denuvo game I've been somewhat interested in
>>
File: k.png (12KB, 651x197px) Image search: [Google]
k.png
12KB, 651x197px
Oh, look, it's Kaldaien again. Seems like he wastes significant amount of his time defending Denuvo on any occasion. He probably has bookmarks for the Steam discussions of every Denuvo game, so he could argue with as many people as possible.
>>
>>378810313
With Baldman cracking all the recent games, CPY will definitely start cracking older games, just like they did with the Rise of the Tomb Raider final patch.
>>
>>378805419
Don't care about game but will add to seedbox just for the hell of it.
>>
>>378809362
you mean putting it onto a brick where it sells to only a tiny fraction of the install base then is forgotten about?
>>
File: 1471136247737.png (3MB, 2410x1835px) Image search: [Google]
1471136247737.png
3MB, 2410x1835px
>>378809362
>missing out on so many sales
Their loss, mate. I can live without Bloodborne, but you can't live without a computer.
>>
denuvo is just an expensive scam that dumb suits want to have in their games to insure the most money possible but are willing to spend a large portion of it to pay for the service
>>
>>378807930
>drm free
>steam

Not so fast criminal scum
>>
File: Capture.png (58KB, 580x482px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
58KB, 580x482px
>>378808208
Depends on if the pach has performance improvements as well as noDenuvo
>>
>>378813284
While Steam technically counts as a DRM, it's the least intrusive form of DRM possible. Doesn't really matter if it's there or not.
>>
Denuvo is fine when implemented well. RiME's was shit
>much berformence hit
>much SSD lifespan
Oh fuck off, you're just pirate scum.
>>
Doesnt look good guys, this is happening in the steam community apparently.

"Well after the update I can confirm (at least for me) that initial loading time when launching the game has improved as well as in-game performance/smoothness."

AND

"I purchased and returned the version with Denuvo as it seemed like a terrible port. I have played the version that is Denuvo-free and the performance is night and day. For a developer to KNOWINGLY add DRM that many claim to cause performance issues (and is now confirmed) is a slap in the face to your customers. You guys lost a lot of $$ on a dumbdecision that in the end did nothing more than push paying customers away.

#CDProjektREDAreTheRealMVP's!

BRAVO!!
/golfclap"

So now wut?
Do I pirate it or buy it?
>>
>>378814003
Try before you buy.
>>
>>378814003
Well it's nice that they removed it but the thing is I have no doubt they'd probably just put it on their next game and only remove it once it got cracked again so...
>>
>>378813401
Denuvo removal version and "traditional patch" are supposed to be separated.
>>
So what the fuck is RiME?
>>
>>378818001
Hipster indie game that was hyped at an e3 years ago and now forgotten
>>
>>378805929
Because its optimum for both seller and buyer. Not just buyer.
>>
>>378818390
By seller and buyer you mean the seller of Denuvo (Denuvo itself) and the buyer of Denuvo (the dev) ;^)
>>
>>378813110
Honestly with smart phones these days yes you can.

Easily.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.