[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are swedish gamedevs so based?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: 564272.jpg (298KB, 739x814px) Image search: [Google]
564272.jpg
298KB, 739x814px
Why are swedish gamedevs so based?
>>
>paradox
>based
never payed a dime for their games 2bh
>>
>notch
>>
>>378796363
They would have made a fall of rome ck2 dlc, but they did not want to have to portray mohammed in the rise of islam. what the fuck is wrong with europeans?
>>
>>378795950
Swedes are the jews of Western Europe
>>
Norwegians are a bunch of fags, so they don't even compete in same marked. There is Funcom and..... nothing else Sier dette som Nordmann
Meanwhile even Funland brought out the Angry Birds franchise.
And Sweden is sorta based, because they actually have a economy, and actually try a little. Just a fucking shame they aren't truly ambitious.
>>
>>378796606
>ck2
babbies first gsg
>>
>>378797089
it's actually harder than viccy 2 now
>>
>>378796583
He might be a fag, a fat fag, but he is also a fat rich fag.
Truly the great Swede of our time.
>>
>>378796735
>because they actually have a economy
Norway have a much better economy than Sweden(saying this as a swede). It's just that you are talentless pieces of garbage when it comes to video games. Fuck Funcom for what they are doing with the Conan license. I love norweigans but seriously fuck Funcom. Same with that shit company that makes EVE online, holding Whitewolf hostage for years, good thing they sold all of it to Paradox. Paradox aren't angels but atleast they create games with decent quality, and they won't just sit on the license.
>>
>>378797882
Also, before you point out that EVE is made in Iceland, I fucking know, but they are often seen as scandinavians anyway. The only scandinavian countries who make anything of note when it comes to vidya are Sweden and Denmark, atleast for now, after Io Interactive dies with the Hitman franchise I can't name any game company or video game from that country.
>>
File: Lofoten_Norge.jpg (119KB, 960x956px) Image search: [Google]
Lofoten_Norge.jpg
119KB, 960x956px
>>378797882
Norwegian economy is richer. But its not more diverse or solid.
Like, the only good part about the Norwegian economy is that we are passive in centralization, so we still have outskirts and commune centers in the middle of nowhere.
So when some faggot tried to do fish farms, there was enough of a coastal population left to have someplace to place them, and live alongside it.

I think we are paying the price of having a oil economy every single day, even if the best we have is good.

>Eve company hoarding white wolf licensce
Truly the scum of the earth.
>>
>>378798232
Fuck off, we are having a nationalistic pissing contest here
>>
>>378795950

Going on a study abroad to Iceland, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark in July, anything I should know? Flying into Reykjavik, doing a bus thing around the entire island, then flying to Oslo for a few days, then Bergen, then back to Oslo and then to Stockholm, and finally Copenhagen.
>>
>>378798515
Bitches love cooking.
Island smells like sulphur.
Oslo really isn't a good place to visit, regardless of its practical population of 2/5 of norways population
>>
>>378798691

I remember my norwegian friend was saying he didn't like Oslo, I don't really have much of a choice in the matter though as I'm gonna be with a group.
>>
>>378797089
It's still my favorite, I don't care what anyone says. So much fun to roleplay.
>>
>>378798968
this. v2 and eu4 get old fast imo, ck2 has much more replayability
>>
>>378797089
That's HoI IV
>>
>>378798852
Beccause the only special thing about it, is that its the capital.
So you end up with 2 million people living over a really huge area, and the only special thing is that they live there.
No cool walk only center, cool architecture, infrastructure or anything. Just a population center, with some mediocre architecture in the middle.
>>
>>378799341

Ah well I'll only be there for about 2 or 3 days at max then we take a train and boat to Bergen
>>
File: DAhiwb0XcAA8x5Q.jpg (127KB, 1200x1199px) Image search: [Google]
DAhiwb0XcAA8x5Q.jpg
127KB, 1200x1199px
>applied for uni a few months back
>gonna find out what I managed to get into this month
>I'll either have to study in Lund or fucking Malmö

Pray for me, anons.
>>
>>378796606
They knew it would be hard to balance and be enjoyable in the early years if they went back too far. If you kept technological progression at the same speed as the base game the player and ai would be crazy powerful, if they slowed it down it would be boring. So they decided to just not do it.
>>
>>378797882
I applied for a job at Funcom, hopefully I can be stowed away in some basement to work on AO.
>>
>>378796735
Fuck Funcom, but at least we have that Owlboy game I guess.

Image & Form shits all over everything that's ever come out of Norway (and the rest of Sweden's studios for that matter). Can't wait for based Dig 2.
>>
>>378799979
>Image & Form is Scandi
Plz no. I need to don't empty wallet
>>
File: 1485079479985.jpg (157KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485079479985.jpg
157KB, 960x720px
>>378795950
theyre not though theyre literally the jewiest most cucked devs
>>
>>378799561
>Malmö
welp time to learn arabic I guess
>>
>>378799561
That's the detroit of sweden, correct?
>>
>>378800326

Please pray.
>>
opening your buttcheeks for africans is not based
>>
>>378800402

Not even remotely as bad. But it's a pretty crummy city in general outside of the downtown area yeah. Shitload of immigrants.
>>
>>378799561
>One place in southern Sweden
>And its neighbor that is basically the same
Gee
>>
>>378800978

Lund is nowhere near as bad.
>>
>>378800978
There is a big difference in quailty when you compare the Universities. And Lund is a far better place to live in.
>>
>>378801204
Thats the curse of centralization. All the cancer and druggies end up in one place.
>>
>>378800492
Obviously nowhere in europe is as bad as detroit, but is it the worst city in sweden?
>>
>>378801425

Oh for sure. Only reason why it even stays afloat is because all the rural municipalities have to pay to make sure it does. City has like a 3 billion SEK deficit every year or some shit.
>>
>tfw sweden and finland look like a giant dick and balls

what did earth mean by this
>>
>>378801732
earth knew they would be a bunch of fags that love black cocks
>>
File: Scandinavia_Finlandsmøen.png (93KB, 464x600px) Image search: [Google]
Scandinavia_Finlandsmøen.png
93KB, 464x600px
>>378801732
Finland looked like a maiden before Russia ate her foot.
Now she is shriveled and deformed.
>>
>>378795950
CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuckold cuck cuck cuck cuckold cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuck cuckold cuck cuck cuck
>>
>>378801615
Yes, financially it is a mess, but in terms of what makes a city worst to a regular person living there, I would say Stockholm, partly because of the ridiculous housing queues, but also because it is much larger. In general, larger cities tend to be more inhospitable and unsafe for an average citizen.
>>
>>378802185

It really depends where you live in Malmö though. You're pretty much set if you live in a place like Limhamn. But fucked with very little opportunity to get out if you're stuck in a place like Rosengård.

I guess the same kind of applies to Stockholm with Tensta and Rinkeby though. Segregation is kind of an issue in general in this country.
>>
>>378795950
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw3e64sosEg
>>
>>378802425
As someone who grew up in the Lund-Malmö area, Rosengård isn't even that bad, only the parts south of Amiralsgatan. Seved on the other hand...
>>
>>378803114

Yeah, you're right. I live a bit outside of Malmö myself.
>>
>>378802185
Why is centralization such a cancer to society?
>>
>>378804787
Short answer: People are horrible. More people = more horrible.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.