[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darkest Dungeon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 43

DLC soon.

>inb4 bawww mommy my entire party died because of RNGGGGGGG!!!!! bad game!!!

Get fucking Good, shitters.
>>
File: Y9ty3mCLhHfHrFcLGJyRu3-1.jpg (727KB, 1000x1671px) Image search: [Google]
Y9ty3mCLhHfHrFcLGJyRu3-1.jpg
727KB, 1000x1671px
A parallel campaign taking place during the main quest which sheds light on The Ancestor's early days, including new cutscenes.
A new Hero class. “Awash in blood and delusion, they bear the burden of a thousand lifetimes.”
A new location known as "The Courtyard," which will include new curios, traps, obstacles, and a complete faction of blood-crazed foes.
Massive, sprawling maps with locked doors, prisoner rooms, and progress saves.
New enemies found in the other regions.
Heroes can be afflicted with something known as the "crimson curse," which causes unknown effects.
4 new, unique Courtyard Bosses with some of the most complex and devious mechanics yet.
A new wandering boss known as The Fanatic, a vampire hunter-esque madman who will hunt down any of your heroes bearing the curse.
Districts: New prestige buildings that offer permanent, estate-wide bonuses
Lore-driven trinket sets for all heroes – with set bonuses!
>>
File: 547457.jpg (247KB, 923x1000px) Image search: [Google]
547457.jpg
247KB, 923x1000px
>0,3% managed to finish NG+
>1,7% managed to finish the game

FEELS GOOD TO PLAY THE MOST HARDCORE GAME OF OUR TIME
>>
File: 6544764766347.jpg (63KB, 490x497px) Image search: [Google]
6544764766347.jpg
63KB, 490x497px
>>378792619
>5 new bosses total
>>
File: If_It_Bleeds_promo.jpg (200KB, 757x1024px) Image search: [Google]
If_It_Bleeds_promo.jpg
200KB, 757x1024px
>>378793126
>most complex and devious mechanics yet

Can't wait to start new Stygian campaign.
>>
>>378792530
Can't wait, just really started to play. Game was pretty hard at first, but after a bit it wasn't that bad. I don't know why people have trouble with it at all, it's so easy to manage stress and damage output is so much that most things don't even get more then a few turns at most.

Once you realize that you barely need to use your money to burn stress and focus on getting Blacksmith upgrades going, suddenly the game is a whole lot easier.

Which classes you guys like the most? Based Leper is amazing for dealing with those first two slots and his self heals are amazing when he can't do anything, but I think I like Bounty Hunter the best so far, him and Occultist for life, 40 crits happening, enemy champions aren't shit.
>>
>>378794865
it seemed easy to me, but then I tried the darkest dungeon and just got wrecked every time
>>
File: 20170307132924_1.jpg (417KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170307132924_1.jpg
417KB, 1920x1200px
>>378794865
Game is hard at first weeks for everyone, that's how game mechanics are designed. You have no enough control / trinkets / well scaled skills (stuns) to minimize the risk and so the most deaths often happen at first weeks even for experienced players.

People have trouble because nu-gamers are used for hand-holding gameplay and can't even figure out how to play a pretty simple game like Darkest Dungeon without wasting a century to finish it. You only need to grind A LOT if you make mistakes A LOT and lose heroes every time.

I like pretty much all heroes except Occultist and Abomination. They are not weak or gimped, in fact Abomination is fucking OP and is a key hero to speedrun abuse. But I just don't like them.

Jester with finale, HWM, Vestal, PD, MaA, HM are my top tier picks.
>>
>>378792619
>A new Hero class. “Awash in blood and delusion, they bear the burden of a thousand lifetimes.”
We getting a vamp hero?

>>378795371
Man as soon as it hits the level 5 dungeons I get my shit wrecked, recently went up against the Shrieker and got fucked up until it ran away just before my party started to die.
Heathen Yell best party
>>
>>378794865
>Game was pretty hard at first, but after a bit it wasn't that bad.

The difficulty curve is pretty retarded to be honest. It starts off hard, but turns into a piece of piss as soon as you have a few town upgrades and a couple of decent trinkets. I think that's why people get discouraged early on and why the completion rate is so low.
>>
>can't convert heirlooms to gold once you've upgraded the stuff actually worth upgrading in the hamlet

Irrational.
>>
>>378795830
Probably. Third mission I got a secret room and the chest had a Head of Junia in it. Healing was probably my major issue in the early game and that solved it easily. Went from being scared of using Hellion to loving them, Iron Swan the back of the enemies is amazing, especially against some of the first bosses. Fuck the Prophet.
>>
Anderson was right.
>>
>>378792918
What is Devil Daggers
>>
>>378796179
Vestal with the Head of Junia and that other trinket that boosts healing by 30% becomes ridiculous. Means the Occultist only works as healer in Abomination party's
>>
>>378792619
Is it a sperate campaign where you start with all new people or does it play alongside the main game?
>>
>>378792530
>play my annoying, repetitive, grindin gaem

No.
>>
>>378796274
Anderson was right on almost every criticism.

He was also right on taste being subjective. I agreed with most of his video and yet I love darkest dungeon and have played the shit out of it, and I never once felt like I wasn't enjoying myself.
>>
>>378792918
>all those neat trophies that never made it to PS4

Worst port ever.
>>
>>378792530
>Get fucking Good, shitters.

Yeah, nothing more skillful than stalling a fight with 2 shitter enemies and spamming stress heals for 20 turns.
>>
>>378796612
why are the stress heals so weak
>>
>>378796325
I like the Occultist easily enough. Healers are kind of scarce in my current game, funny enough, so Occultist is there when my two Vestals are out. I usually use Occultist with my Leper, since he can only hit the front and then Occultist can just Artillery the back.

Abomination just doesn't feel right to me, like I feel forced to take a Jester if I don't want to have stress start piling on, so I pretty much just don't take them at all.
>>
>>378796274
I cant take anything the guy said seriously after he called DD one of the most horrible gaming experiences in his life. He really must have not played games if THIS is so bad that the entire game is irredeemable trash.
>>
>>378796727
To be fair he forced himself through the grind despite not enjoying it where most people would have dropped it and played something else.
>>
>>378796702
I feel you on the Jester thing but the Abomination with his stuns can prevent stress gain completely if you have Hound-bro. Constant stuns and they can't do shit to stop it.
>>
>>378796843
Even the grind isnt so bad that its THE MOST HORRIBLE GAME EVER. He should play some really old school JRPGs if this is activating his almonds.
>>
I just wish the looting system was better, side grades do not fit in with this type of game. You fight through a dungeon, people getting shitty traits and going insane almost dying and what do you get for it? An item that gives you something like +2.5%armor -2.5%hp, its just so boring
>>
>>378796916
I've used him in his normal state for the stun, chain can hit almost anything and I like that, but I don't like ignoring his whole transform gimmick. He just doesn't feel strong enough for the stress it gives.

If I want a stun, I just use Bounty Hunter or Plague Doctor, or maybe even Hellion. AoE stuns are just too good in most cases and I seem to get more millage out of the other classes damage too.
>>
>>378796612
champion dungeons were a mistake
>>
>>378797057
I can see why they did that, they didn't want your progress to come down to HAVING to get Trinkets. You can manage just fine for the most part. God though, started a new game for my nephew and one of the first trinkets I pulled out of a freaking Torch sconce was the one that gives you 20% extra damage if you are in the front position. I didn't even know that was possible.
>>
>>378797159
Fair enough, him not being able to pair with so many others is a major negative as well.
However with the right trinkets the stress he gains with Transform can be mostly negated and he can strike a good balance of AoE DoTs, stuns then switch up to tank and sheer damage.
He works well if you send him in with your B-team that you don't use often since they can have a few weeks after to de-stress if it gets real bad.

I've never had someone hit 100 stress with him in the party
>>
I've tried to play this game multiple times, even waited months for the Radiant mode update thinking that would help it doesn't. I tried using the resources in the general, but I still get stomped by the RNG and it crushes my desire to keep going when my party gets demolished and I have no gold to fix up or train other party members.
>>
File: I have too much free time.png (563KB, 2636x1313px) Image search: [Google]
I have too much free time.png
563KB, 2636x1313px
>>378793126
This reminds me I was working on a Doom Marine character mod using the Bounty Hunter rig and then I hurt my back and almost died and had surgery and forgot
>>
>>378797057
>An item that gives you something like +2.5%armor -2.5%hp, its just so boring

I have no idea what the fuck they were thinking making pretty much every trinket trash with only a few of them actually mixing up how a hero plays or doing anything remotely interesting.
>>
>>378797521
Maybe if I could find Trinkets for him it would change my position, but I get fucking nothing.

Is this a mechanic the game does to ensure you don't just get nothing but shit for classes you don't have? Because I dismissed him when I wanted to pick up an Arbalist.
>>
>>378797057
>An item that gives you something like +2.5%armor -2.5%hp, its just so boring

it's usually pretty significant though, especially at higher tiers

On a game where 10 damage is significant, getting +20% is the difference between one shotting an enemy and needing two turns to do it.
>>
>>378797536
Ok, no. What are you doing in combat? Are you using turn order well enough? Are you understanding priority targets? Are you putting together your party with heroes that compliment? There really shouldn't be any reason you are having trouble with level 1 dungeons if you understand even the basics.
>>
>>378795830
>The difficulty curve is pretty retarded to be honest. It starts off hard, but turns into a piece of piss as soon as you have a few town upgrades and a couple of decent trinkets. I think that's why people get discouraged early on and why the completion rate is so low.

It's far from being easy on Stygian with new champion enemies.
It's really challenging when you play in full dark and always fight champion Shambler as well.
>>
>>378797728
It honestly feels like it and without trinkets a lot of the use for Abomination goes right out the fucking window. My most recent run I didn't start using him until I had over 20 heroes precisely because I found fuck all for him.

Arbalest is a much better choice in that case.
>>
>>378796520
>being shitter trash

Find easier game, casul.
>>
>>378792530
This game is just fucking tedious, at end game you have to have like 3 groups of identical teams with all the same gear and abilities.
Shit is retarded.

Also, the musketeer re-skinned Arbalest bitch was removed from the PS4 version for no reason. Fuck this game.
>>
>>378798046
>identical teams

Yeah how about no, faggot.
Different teams suit each DD better.
>>
>>378798171
Hello Red Hook developer.
Fuck your game
>>
>>378792530
>stack Hellion
>win game

Wow so tactical and deep.
>>
>>378797919
I don't bother with playing full dark, but yeah the difficulty definitely picks up again once you hit Champion.

In fact, I'd say most mid/large champion dungeons are actually worse than the DD itself at this point, given how much the new enemies can fuck you up.
>>
>>378798376
Explain in detail how to cheese with hellion stack

Do I use 3 hellions + someone else or 4 hellions

What abilities

What quirks

What trinkets
>>
I hate games that pretend they're deep and end up free once you know the loopholes

This, FTL and BoI are really bad offenders, they're boring as fuck after you figure out how to abuse the game mechanics and since it's not "esports", the devs don't give a shit about balancing.

That's why i stick to competitive games and dorf fort
>>
File: Fanatic_promo.jpg (80KB, 734x950px) Image search: [Google]
Fanatic_promo.jpg
80KB, 734x950px
>>378798367
It's fine, kiddo, the game is not meant for nu-/v/ and casuals who press x to win in their epic 5-hours console shit games.
>>
>>378798497
He has no idea what he's talking about. You don't even need more than 1 hellion that stuns.
>>
>>378798497
4 Hellions
Nothing matters, just press buttons. You'll win 9 out of 10 fights.
>>
>>378798535
>Dorf fort
>Not full of loopholes
I mean sure it's difficult to learn but at this point motherfuckers have conquered the fun zone of all places.
>>
>>378798556
Darkest Dungeon is EXACTLY what nu-/v/ is all about.
>>
>>378798556
>kiddo
>promo.jpg
>casuals
>most criticisms are that the game is too simple/easy
>implying anyone here plays 5h games
>trying this hard to fit in

Viral marketing is a rule violation.

>>378798635
The game is too complex to figure out the loopholes and I'm not looking stuff up.
Of course I develop my own (flawed) strategies but at least I can try new approaches and revise them.
>>
>>378798535
>they're boring as fuck after you figure out how to abuse the game mechanics

That's why people clearly don't make up their own challenged like sl1 or 1 death=restart, etc. Yeah, right.
Dumbass.
>>
File: HOW QUICKLY.gif (257KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
HOW QUICKLY.gif
257KB, 500x500px
>>378792530

RNG 2 deep 4 me. Brb lemme use this cookie cutter safestrat and cruise through.

Better, let me just edit this text file.

Game has good atmosphere, ambiance, and voice - these get real grating about 10 hours in after you've hit tier 3 dungeons and combat goes from being able to play the way you want versus playing towards some tedious gimmick to ensure your carefully curated party doesn't bite the fucking dust and you get to grind another 10 hours building one.

And man I hate shills.
>>
>>378798737
Shitposting is against the rules too.
>>
If your time isn't valuable to you and you enjoy a game designed specifically to waste your time repeating the same content over and over without any meaningful thought or skill then Darkest Dungeon is for you.
>>
The games not even fun though. Awful combat with an immense grind. It's like playing a really shitty visual novel honestly.
>>
File: 20170306010558_1.jpg (287KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170306010558_1.jpg
287KB, 1920x1200px
>>378798737
>>378798721
>nu-/v/ can't handle the game episode

Why are you in this thread? Does it trigger you so much because you can't complete the game?
It's fine, you are free to play something easier. Get outta here.
>>
It would have been better without the extremely tedious team management. It becomes less 'manage your teams to keep em healthy and sane' and more 'have entire teams on reserve as insurance just in case you get fucked'
>>
>>378798859
I bet you think Dark Souls is hard.
>>
>>378798802
>RNG

It's only RNG if you are mentally retarded and have no idea what you are doing.
>>
>>378798960
>its only RNG if you are bad
thats not how RNG is defined
>>
>>378798923
So don't fuck up then, retard.
>>
>>378798960
>It's only RNG if you are mentally retarded

Your mental capacity has no influence over the outcome of a dice roll.

And viral shills need to goooooooooooooo
>>
>>378798832
>immense grind

You level too fucking quickly in that game, to the point that you cannot do everything that you want to do with your all stars team and are forced to recruit shitters to earn more money since your primaries will refuse to go to lower level dungeons. What the fuck are you and everyone else here are talking about?
>>
>>378798737
>The game is too complex to figure out the loopholes and I'm not looking stuff up.
Of course I develop my own (flawed) strategies but at least I can try new approaches and revise them.

You could apply the exact same fucking argument to DD.

You just name-dropped Dwarf Fortress to sound hardcore didn't you
>>
>>378792530
Boring game.
>>
>>378799031
What are you even saying? I'm not at all complaining about the difficulty of the game. I'm just saying a fundamental mechanic of the game makes it boring to play.

Also you can't at all state that the average playthrough for a person completing the game has absolutely no team wipes or deaths. You are basically saying the only way to enjoy this game is to complete it flawlessly.
>>
File: 20170306010643_1.jpg (318KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170306010643_1.jpg
318KB, 1920x1200px
>>378799016
But it is, there's no RNG if you know what you are doing as everything becomes perfectly controllable and you have the absolute minimum of possible Force Majeure.

>>378799060
Except the game lets you to have perfect control over the fights, moron.

Finished it with 0 (ZERO) deaths on Stygian, the only 2 heroes that died are DD4 heroes as you can see and you can't normally avoid deaths there.
>>
File: 1496118434976.png (231KB, 463x342px) Image search: [Google]
1496118434976.png
231KB, 463x342px
>>378795830
Game goes from hard to easy to a joke and then back up to hard at that fucking second darkest dungeon level.
>>
>>378799254
>What are you even saying? I'm not at all complaining about the difficulty of the game. I'm just saying a fundamental mechanic of the game makes it boring to play.

But it's not boring to play? Don't play if it's boring then, go play some BF1 or whatever Overshit you like.
>>
>supposed to come early 2017
>IT'S JUNE
>>
>>378799282
Game is never easy if you play in pitch black.

The majority of shitters don't even try that and without any light it's like 3 times harder to play.
>>
>>378799278
>there's no RNG
dungeons are randomly generated
>>
>>378799373
Available: 19 June
This game will unlock in approximately 2 weeks
>>
It's completely possible to finish the game without having a single character die, even if you get treebranch smackdowned two times in a row, each being a crit that instantly depletes the health of whoever was hit completely and take 100+ stress curios. There is video evidence.
>>
File: Darkest Overconfidence.png (1MB, 1255x668px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest Overconfidence.png
1MB, 1255x668px
>>378799278

Did they tell you to just insult people a lot when trying to defend the game to appear edgy when they gave you the order to viral market this?

>It's 4chan, just call them faggots and fags and belittle them and they'll listen to you defend the game!

Viral shills go home
>>
>>378799381
Pitch Black just becomes crit central.
>>
>>378799312
>then just don't play it
that's literally why im saying it would be better with an alternative mechanic, dude stop getting so butthurt that people don't think your game is a 100/100 perfect game
>>
File: 20170306004700_1.jpg (378KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170306004700_1.jpg
378KB, 1920x1200px
>>378799434
I finished Stygian with no deaths myself: >>378799278

I don't count DD4 deaths because you need to abuse PDs and Leper to 1 shot the boss and you probably can't even 1 shot it on Stygian anyway.
>>
>>378799478
>posts some eceleb trash

Out of here.
>>
>>378799434
It's also completely possible to beat Super Mario 64 in under two hours, but that's not what the average playthrough is like and people shouldn't discuss the game as if it were
>>
File: 20170306212937_1.jpg (408KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170306212937_1.jpg
408KB, 1920x1200px
>>378799627
>average modern """gamers""" are complete and total fucking shitters who can't handle any challenge and are used to console casual games

Yeah SHOCKING NEWS.
>>
>>378799434
>treebranch smackdowned
Fuck giants. Fuck giants. Fuck giants.
I swear they can never not crit. Every fucking time, whether it be Vestal, Jester, Crusader or Man-At-Arms they will be critted to death's door then fucked by the Neo-tier bullet dodging bitch behind it
>>
>>378799490
>Pitch Black just becomes crit central.
Yet people still finish it with no healers, 1 trinket challenge, no stuns, etc.
>>
If you have died even once in Darkest Dungeon, you aren't the target demographic for this game. Go play a game that is more friendly to shitters like Bloodbourne or something
>>
>>378799823
Aren't you supposed to be arguing pitch black is difficult? You're just proving what I said before.
>>
>>378799773
They can only hit first 2 ranks.
Use guard to rank 1-2 heroes and you will avoid getting smashed.
The only way they can POSSIBLY nuke you down is to:
1. shuffle everyone with spores
2. get a turn again and hit someone

It's hardly possible as they are slow and should never get 2 turns in a row.
>>
>>378799627
No, that is a false equivalence. Darkest Dungeon does not require route memorization except for a very specific instance, nor does it require precise execution of moves. Any bit of information you might need can be looked up in the wiki, all you need to do to succeed in that game is stop sucking and read what the character abilities do.
>>
>>378799895
You said it's "crit central" which makes little to zero sense.

It's definitely hard but not impossible if you are not a shitter.
>>
>>378799948
Oh I know, it was my first time meeting them and I used my range to attack (read: Miss) the Witch behind it and hit with my melee so it proceeded to teach me the error of my ways.
>>
>>378799996
I'm not arguing the game is hard, I'm arguing the opposite. Having no torches is crit central. Or were you referring to the mod?
>>
>>378799965
That's not at all what the argument is, jesus christ, you people are acting so fucking obtuse just to parrot that this game is a craft of absolute perfection.

I'm saying that you can't expect every player who comes into DD wanting to like it to play the game near flawlessly and never feel even the tiniest bit of tedium due to mechanics that promote grinding to build up multiple entire teams.

People here are saying the game is fine because if you don't die, if you learn every mechanic and minimize every bit of RNG, if you play your first or second or third run with absolutely no error then the game is perfectly fun. But that's not even 10% of the playerbase for this game. It's less than 2%. And that's why a lot of people think this game is boring as fuck because even to the target demographic it's tedious to play. But please continue to go on about how people are shitters and thats literally the only reason why they don't like DD.
>>
>>378800170
It's certainly hard as champion Shambler is probably the hardest encounter in the game and you will fight him A LOT in pitch black.

It's actually not very well designed as it limits your team to certain heroes who can fight with Shambler.

Unlike full light runs where you can use pretty much everything and still win.
>>
>>378798005
Not him but it really is a grinding game.
>>
File: 1495186776076.jpg (44KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
1495186776076.jpg
44KB, 500x331px
>normie retards think it's an achievement to beat Darkest Dungeon

Wow you guys are naive.
>>
>>378800334
Then make a better fucking argument because you comparing Darkest Dungeon to speedrunning something is idiocy of the highest degree. The rest of your verbal diarrhea is anecdotal evidence and word of mouth.
>>
>>378800450
>limited by time
>grinding game

rofl
>>
>>378800683
You mean in the dungeons themselves?

If so then you haven't played the game enough to really add anything to this topic.
>>
>>378800487
It's just a false-flag by retards trying to sabotage the thread.
>>
>>378800408
>Shambler is probably the hardest encounter in the game and you will fight him A LOT in pitch black.

Yeah, but you only need to put up with him for one round, after which you can run away and then he fucks off for the rest of the dungeon.
>>
File: 1493950302843.jpg (62KB, 623x713px) Image search: [Google]
1493950302843.jpg
62KB, 623x713px
>It was hard for the first half dozen runs, then through some grind and preparation it got easy
>Bosses going down left and right, runs going smoothly
>Hit champion dungeons
>Bosses are not a joke anymore even with a good comp, even the necromancer doesn't just roll over and die
>Am not prepared to do Vvulf, give him sacrifices every 3-6 weeks
>Swine Skivers
>Swine Skivers
>>
>>378792530
Did they get rid of the grind? Getting like 2-3 parties to lv6 fully upgraded and nicely equipped is fine but losing it all is way too easy which adds like 15 hours of grind for one single mistake.
>>
>>378800937
It can all be rather stressing
>>
>>378800774
Retard

The last and deadliest change in New Game+, however, is the possibility of failing a campaign. Unlike the regular campaign - where your victory can be as long and bloody as it needs to be - you will immediately fail if either of the following things happens:

You take more than 86 weeks to finish the game.
13 or more of your heroes are killed.
>>
what are some fun comps to mess around with?
>>
File: 1495597292023.jpg (211KB, 1518x1416px) Image search: [Google]
1495597292023.jpg
211KB, 1518x1416px
>>378801102
>>
>>378792619
Man, the idea of mosquito vampires is pretty fucking cool. It's one of those things that seems so obvious to link together, but I don't think I've seen mosquitoes and vampires connected together before.
>>
>>378792530

The point isn't that the game is hard (it's NOT), but that it's terribly grindy
>>
>>378800874
>Yeah, but you only need to put up with him for one round, after which you can run away and then he fucks off for the rest of the dungeon.

If you run away from Shambler, he'll chase you and attack you again until you kill him.
>>
>>378801175
>NG+
Shut the hell up.
>>
>>378792530
IT'S FUCKING JUNE. THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE READY BY APRIL. HOW MUCH LONGER. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
File: 1496167685352.jpg (85KB, 750x734px) Image search: [Google]
1496167685352.jpg
85KB, 750x734px
>>378801281
Get good.
>>
File: smug loli face a.png (268KB, 413x397px) Image search: [Google]
smug loli face a.png
268KB, 413x397px
>>378799213
>You could apply the exact same fucking argument to DD.

>dorf fort
>complex world simulation

>DD
>simple jrpg combat with very few skills and enemy types
>>
File: fearful.jpg (108KB, 742x667px) Image search: [Google]
fearful.jpg
108KB, 742x667px
>>378800937
>Swine Skivers
>>
>>378798046
>this game is tedious if you force yourself to use the same tools in the exact same way every run
no shit sherlock. I'm astounded by how bad people can be at this game. What kind of faggot keeps 4 guys together as a dedicated team, you run with what guys are available and it's pretty obvious after an hour what classes have synergies.
>>
>>378801347
The game mode that's unlocked after beating the game is irrelevant to what we're talking about. I don't even know why you mentioned it.
>>
>>378801348
Nigga you can learn DF on your own, its not recommended and it will take longer but there are fucking hundreds of ways of breaking that game. For the longest time you could just set cage traps and it was gg for whatever came after you.

I'm not proposing they have the same level of complexity, just that the argument was retarded.
>>
>>378801463
It's unlocked right away.
>>
>tfw you can't even dare to criticize a game anymore

What happened to /v/?
>>
>>378801463
Does Stygian mode not do the same? Because that's available right off the bat
>>
>>378801562
I haven't played in like a year, still that only sounds like hard mode. If you're just dick waving about playing DD in hard mode then see >>378801281
>>
>>378800450
You only grind if you're a casual shitter who needs to run the same 4 heroes every time
>>
Any ballpark on the release date for PS4?
>>
>>378801678
Just leveling different heroes is a grind.
>>
>>378801645
Yeah man, because no one said anything negative in this thread. Such a hugbox.
>>
File: 4797a3ec8825d67e2a018f65f8be3d30.jpg (220KB, 1000x1397px) Image search: [Google]
4797a3ec8825d67e2a018f65f8be3d30.jpg
220KB, 1000x1397px
>>378801658
>playing casual dumbed down modes when you have a real LORE-based Stygian mode

Get good.
>>
>>378801645
>say something retarded
>wow anon stop being such a retard
>WOW PANCAKE DEFENSE FORCE MUCH?
>>
>>378801645
>Criticism consists of, UHH, LE RNG XD. NOTHING I COULD DOOOOO"

If you want actual criticism for DD, try talking about the lack of enemy variety. Or how about the fact when you figure a team composition per district, you very rarely stray from your figured formula. DDis one of my favorite games of all time, and it has obvious flaws. "RNG AND GRIND" are not either of them.
>>
>>378801740
>playing the game is tedious
then admit you don't like and stop playing
>>
>>378801740
>Just leveling different heroes is a grind.
You don't even understand what grind means.

And the process of fighting in different dungeons is fun and interesting.
>>
>>378801796
Default mode in games is how they should be played and the assumed mode whenever any game is discussed.
>>
>>378801885
>in different dungeons
You literally do the same shit over and over to have Darkest Dungeon ready heroes, you do this so much more so if they die. It's a grind.
>>
>>378801562
>>378801648
NG+ got renamed as Stygian mode and made available at the start with the Radiant update rather than forcing you to beat the game to unlock it because it's not that much harder than default difficulty.
>>
>>378801320
It was supposed to be ready by fucking February.
>>
>>378801967
>4 different dungeons
>8 different bosses (each has 3 scaling versions)
>2 outdoor bosses
>2 random encounter bosses
>4 DDs
>new champion enemies

Try again, kid.
DD has more variety and content than you 5-hours long casul games with no "grind".
>>
File: 20161031222222_1.jpg (378KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161031222222_1.jpg
378KB, 1920x1080px
I only have myself to blame
This was the first and the last time i got hit for 60
>>
>>378802095
Not applicable here because DD is shit but I digress.
>>
>>378802187
>Using Lepers
>Ever
N-NANI?
>>
>>378802182
>A number and the word different means it has enough variety to not be a fucking chore to play through and complete
Kill yourself with this shitty arguing. As far as I'm concerned you've lost the argument several posts ago and I'm just humoring an idiot who's grasping for straws.
>>
>>378802182
>he posts this and thinks the game has variety

holy shit, now I know why people defend DD so hard, it was like the first game they ever played
>>
File: Leper-rabies.jpg (11KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
Leper-rabies.jpg
11KB, 226x223px
>>378802350
>He doesn't run Leper
>>
File: 20161030224401_1.jpg (298KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161030224401_1.jpg
298KB, 1920x1080px
loving every second of occultist
>>
>>378802182
Please read what you just fucking typed and then kill yourself
>>
File: 1476560501024.png (199KB, 1800x1578px) Image search: [Google]
1476560501024.png
199KB, 1800x1578px
>ITT
No one cares, retards. Fuck off. Your retarded casual self can't handle a game like DD, we get it. Go back to underaged panty quest.
>>
File: 20161030025803_1.jpg (259KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161030025803_1.jpg
259KB, 1920x1080px
>>378802502
>>
>>378802502
>On Death's Door
>Heals for 0
>Applies bleed
>Bleed kills target

Nothing quite like that feeling of impotent rage to make you swear off occultist.
>>
File: 1487250472021.jpg (88KB, 725x767px) Image search: [Google]
1487250472021.jpg
88KB, 725x767px
>>378802502
>'heal' on the character with the lowest bleed resistance
>no cleansing crystal
>>
>>378802498
Why would I intentionally use the worst class in the game?
>>
>>378792530
EASY. FUCKING. GAME.
>>
>>378802574

But underage panty quest is about 20 times more complex and difficult than DD
>>
File: treebeard3.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
treebeard3.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
>>378802187
>Barkentin the Leper takes a fucking tree to the eye
>BARKentin

It's like poetry.
>>
>>378802660
Because critting for massive damage feels so fucking good when it happens
>>
>>378801645
You can criticize the game well enough, but RNG is just not a proper argument. It doesn't say anything wrong about the game, it only says you have a lack of understanding of the games mechanics. Will there be times where you get crit three times in a row in full light? Sure, but you can come back from that. It's just about if you are willing to.

Proper complaints are.

>It's too grindy
This is why the put in Radiant mode, they agreed, but they didn't want to get rid of the grind for those that enjoyed it.

>Character Balance is horrible
Yes, there aren't enough party combinations I feel and builds can be limited if you don't want to take horrible risks

>Not enough variety in enemies

But no, all I see is people complaining about how hard the game is and how anyone enjoying themselves is shilling for Red Hook, or is simply fooling themselves and the game isn't that good.
>>
File: 20161030185224_1.jpg (275KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161030185224_1.jpg
275KB, 1920x1080px
>>378802737
sheesh never noticed it
>>
>>378802737
Blood in the mud.
>>
>>378802182
Please be trolling.
>>
File: 48898355_p3.jpg (369KB, 709x1000px) Image search: [Google]
48898355_p3.jpg
369KB, 709x1000px
>>378802405
>>378802442
>>378802556
>no arguments

As expected from nu-/v/.

I should also add shit ton of different heroes with different skills and different trinkets to that and all of that combined makes a fucking amazing game with ALWAYS different content and the ways you approach it.
>>
>>378802837
Get the fuck out casual faggot, I bet you didn't even reach champion dungeons.
>>
>>378802502
WHY ARE OCCULTISTS SUCH CUNTS
>>
>>378802837
Ignore them, there's 2 of them that have been going back and forth, don't get dragged in.

>>378802819
Occultist fucking hates you man, get a couple of Vestal's
>>
>>378802862
t. 15 hours in DD, 0 hours in any other game
>>
>on the old road we found redemption
>>
File: IMG_2229.jpg (214KB, 926x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2229.jpg
214KB, 926x960px
>>378792530
>believed in what people said about the final boss being more cinematic than difficult
>fucking walled and entire team goes bonkers from the first phase alone because he doesn't want to throw me the ones I need to pass
one hell of a wake up call. i'm guessing stunning is just as effective as ever?
>>
>>378802862

you started gaming in 2012 or later

we get it
>>
>>378803043
That's a good image.
>>
>>378803043
Final boss was buffed a little while back.
>>
File: 20161107200303_1.jpg (189KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161107200303_1.jpg
189KB, 1920x1080px
>upgrading all the buildings so you can skip heirlooms
>>
File: 7i5i5.jpg (46KB, 628x140px) Image search: [Google]
7i5i5.jpg
46KB, 628x140px
>>378802965
Try again, shitlord.

Finished DD 3 times - 2 on normal difficulty and 1 on true difficulty. Took me less time than The Witcher 3 with DLCs.
>>
>>378803043

The final-final boss is cinematic. If you get through the ancestor without getting too much of your ass kicked it's extremely easy.

The ancestor however is not an easy fight if you don't go in knowing what to expect. Crowd control with stun can make a massive difference.

In my mind the ancestor is the real final boss in terms of difficulty. After that is just an interactive ending.
>>
File: tfw shitlord.jpg (32KB, 351x444px) Image search: [Google]
tfw shitlord.jpg
32KB, 351x444px
>>378803206
>shitlord
>>
>>378802862
>different skills
Each hero only has three or four good skills and the rest you ignore except for the once-in-a-blue-moon time its actually useful (i.e. Arbalests taking flare for Swine King)

>different trinkets
90% of which are trash
>>
File: C8_C3NMXoAApKC5.png (193KB, 574x417px) Image search: [Google]
C8_C3NMXoAApKC5.png
193KB, 574x417px
>>378803045
I started "gaming" in mid 90's and believe me, sonny, I know what "grind" means after a bunch of gook-MMOs and games like Ultima Online.

Darkest Dungeon is a perfect casual trash filler after all. It never fails to filter casuals like you out.
It's impressive how well it works on neo-"gamers" who can only play modern console garbage games with press X to win and no challenge whatsoever.
RNG, Grind, Tedious gameplay, etc. It all comes from newfags like you who fail a lot in DD and prolong the game because you have to start leveling new heroes over and over and over again.
And that's exactly the definition of a CASUAL SHITTER who can't get good.

Stygian mode doesn't even forgive your normie kind and will delete your garbage save file if you lose 10 heroes or waste too much time with your "grind".
>>
File: IMG_2257.png (105KB, 480x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2257.png
105KB, 480x330px
>>378803287
well that i noticed from the 2 survivors who didn't die from heart attacks, lots of damage being dealt on God himself for a team that's been crippled. guess it's time to bust out the old Plague Doc later tonight

guess I got sloppy from dealing with the regular bosses just fine, minus that one time I had to run from the Drowned Crew because I brought only good 1 DPS
>>
>>378803043
Ancestor and his bubble gum clones are tedious as fuck. Wish the devs had buffed the heart phase instead.

> i'm guessing stunning is just as effective as ever?

Yeah, Plague Doctor with stun trinkets should see you through.
>>
>>378803597

Plague Doctor gets a lot of flak and I don't really know why. Plague Doctor crowd control maybe moves the battles along a bit slower but shit, do it right and basically the only way you'll lose a party member is if you get hit with some insane combination of horrifying luck.
>>
File: 1494268056786.gif (2MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1494268056786.gif
2MB, 1200x675px
>mfw I havent finish the game because the three DD missions drain the fun out of the game

Its the final fight even worth the efford or its just another slog?

I drop the game because right when I got close to getting all the trinkets the next patch delete them from my inventory (no , I didnt lost them to the Crow or in the tavern, they are gone)
>>
>>378803515

you're an underageb& who's trying way too hard

we get it
>>
>>378803973

Final fight is fun, the last dungeon is refreshing since it's just straight to the last fight.

I kind of liked the three DD missions. They were different and had a sense of "don't fuck this up" that the other dungeons didn't. But I can see why others would think they were tedious.
>>
So, what's a good party to kill that fucking shrieker, and does it drop its items if killed in the nest when it steals your shit?
>>
Will the DLC be free or paid?
>>
>>378804323
$10
>>
>>378804191

The second one was fun, the third was just a pain in the ass that ended in a easy as fuck fight.

Gonna give it a try but Im still mad about my trinkets, I wont hunt 5 ancestor trinkets again cuz the game feels like it
>>
>>378803973
like it was said above, it can either be a cinematic battle to end your play through on or an obnoxious game of whack a mole against the final boss, depending on whether the game wants to let you advance

>>378804241
Shrieker doesn't drop anything, but smashing the nest gives you a pretty good payday

>>378804323
10 smackaroos
>>
>DLC
This is why you should never support good games.
>>
Darkest dungeon is awful, it falls apart after a few hours and become a boring and brainless grind

No depth, no interesting story or gameplay, just grinding

The style can't hold a full game
>>
>>378792530
Game is too fucking grindy. It's like a korean MMO except it's singleplayer.
>>
>>378804931
>I have never played DD or any MMO ever
>>
>>378805164
I was mainly talking about the grind. The fact that your characters are also banned from dungeons if they level up means hero progression is always at the lowest point of the spectrum. There's no climax to it aside from the last dungeon but they can only do that once.
>>
>>378805567
It takes less than 50-60 weeks to finish the game.

Get good, shitter.
>>
File: 20161108230201_1.jpg (463KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20161108230201_1.jpg
463KB, 1920x1200px
>>378804618
Retard
>>
>>378805874
And yet it's still a grind which was what I'm talking about. Try to keep up, sweetie.
>>
File: 1376380629574.gif (39KB, 240x266px) Image search: [Google]
1376380629574.gif
39KB, 240x266px
>>378805164
I do not play MMOs because I am not a massive faggot pleb like you.
>>
File: 1475859281856.jpg (210KB, 1234x1237px) Image search: [Google]
1475859281856.jpg
210KB, 1234x1237px
I bought this game a few hours ago and it's alright. A little basic, but I'm digging it.
>>
>>378806086
Go play your QTE 3-hours long trash.
>>
>>378805906
The decline of the Witcher franchise is just another example.
Thread posts: 197
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.