[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitch about Persona 5

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

Am I really supposed to believe that some agency in Japan wouldn't have monitored their phones as soon as weird shit started occurring, or at least wiretapped the creator of PHANTOMTHIEVES DOT ORG to get an idea of what was going on? Those fucking brats would've been ousted in a few days tops.

Futaba basically uses plot magic for any inconvenient problems in the story, too.

Ryuji is an annoying, stupid faggot. Ann is boring as fuck in every possible way. Fluff comes in so late she's barely there. Morgana is a bitch.

Also,what fucking 16-17 year old thinks there's some clear distinction between adulthood and childhood, or thinks of themselves as children? MUH ROTTEN ADULTS.

Am I supposed to take seriously the idea of reforming society by changing the hearts of people who cheat at video games or slap their girlfriend occasionally? Fuck off.
>>
>>378790248
>Futaba basically uses plot magic for any inconvenient problems in the story, too.
True
>>
File: 1485327600271.png (2MB, 1069x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1485327600271.png
2MB, 1069x1500px
>>378790248
you don't play Persona for the plot Anon. You play it for comfy
>>
Makoto is just Mitsuru-lite.
>>
>>378790248

You have to understand the Japanese otaku oriented media have had this running narrative about a youthful counterculture running interference against oppressive adults and what they feel are the failings of mainstream Japanese society pretty much since the dawn of otakudom with things like Gundam and Evangelion (which I swear was actually going for a narrative of youth can be trash human beings too that was completely misinterpreted by the fanbase to lasting effect). Never mind the fact that much like your average /v/ poster they don't handle it nearly as well when something points out the obvious problems with their subculture and habits.

In fact otaku media likes to whitewash stereotypes teenagers and millenials like laziness, addiction to mobile devices and twitter like they're good personality traits and habits so that they won't realize the corporate commercial intent behind the media and that none of the people making this stuff are really their friends or actually get them at all. They just have staff that read social media and know how to play the otaku like a fiddle with waifus and narratives that encourage them to stick to these hobbies, stay inside and keep spending money on mobile games and shit.

The otaku of today will realize it in another 5-10 years or so I'm sure once they get old and face real life or they'll just die in a mound of their own garbage and feces from being shut in too long and won't raise children so it won't even matter anyway.
>>
>>378791442
>Ann is Yukari
>Ryuji is Junpei
>The art faggot is the boxing faggot
>Futaba is Fuuka
>>
>>378790248
>fakes in the Metaverse vanish literally the moment they are killed
>except when it would be inconvenient for the big gamble
That "dead" police officer took like 5 minutes to disappear.
>>
>>378790248
What I hate about the game is the way it treated some of the themes present in it; it has a very childish and immature vision of the world, to be honest.
>>
File: IMG_8481.jpg (65KB, 500x508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8481.jpg
65KB, 500x508px
>>378790741
All I want is to live my life with Makoto. I just would want to make her happy and feel safe.
>>
>>378792109

Welcome to anime/otaku/weeb culture. By that standard it's doing way better than most things.
>>
>>378792235
>By that standard it's doing way better than most things.

The final boss is literally a god that is killed in the most edgy way possible, you can go more generic than that.
>>
File: 1493435266940.jpg (724KB, 1278x1655px) Image search: [Google]
1493435266940.jpg
724KB, 1278x1655px
>>378791789
>The otaku of today will realize it in another 5-10 years or so I'm sure once they get old and face real life or they'll just die in a mound of their own garbage and feces from being shut in too long and won't raise children so it won't even matter anyway.

Lol'd hard.

But isn't that pretty common in media produced by big corps for a narrow audience anyway? I find it hard to believe it's just a Jap thing. I suppose the key difference is that they target manchildren explicitly, instead of manchildren just happening to enjoy stuff intended for ten year olds. I guess the best comparison in the west is the hardcore gamer nerd bullshit.
>>
>>378791871
>Ann is sora
>Ryuji is Masa
>Futaba is Makoto
>Haru is nanoha
>Hifumi is rain
Thanks atlus.
>>
sae is bae
that is all
>>
>>378790248
>Am I supposed to take seriously

No, it's a video game.
>>
>>378790248
Bitch please, the game is filled with entirely retarded shit from the start.

Let's take for example, everyone's current bicycle waifu Makoto. She finds out about the Phantom Thieves by merely following the main character around until they slip up, she records them talking about changing hearts and being Phantom Thieves in public and Ryuji just seals the deal by being the loudmouth motherfucker he is.

Despite all this, they never once think to themselves "Maybe we should move our HQ to a place that isn't a heavily transited public walkway to somewhere more discreet" until Futaba makes them. Hell even just making Ryuji shut the fuck up would've been enough, but nope! let's let him continue scream about being Phantom Thieves in public like he's using a megaphone.

At some point, you need to accept some retardation comes with the playground. some of it is caused by cultural differences, some of it is caused by mere stupidity. Roll with it or don't play the game.
>>
>>378792436

It's all big media sectors but anime/game stuff is sort of unique in that similar to economic stratification like 95% of it is targeted almost exclusively in overall conceptual appeal at like maybe 5% of Japan's total population that will spend literally every yen they have on their favorite waifu characters merch and mobile game gachas specifically cause they have absolutely nothing else going on in their lives. Anything else that happens with it globally is considered a nice bonus.

I mean Katsura Hashino seemed literally blown away by the reception it had overseas. "Like what somebody besides shut-in NEETs in Japan are enjoying this game? 93% Metacritic Score and universal acclaim?! This bears further investigation"
>>
File: 1493064088357.png (867KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
1493064088357.png
867KB, 1000x562px
>>378792235

Persona 3 was thematically much more mature and clever, and addressed things like grief, loss and inevitability. It had some standard anime bullshit, but at least it was contextualized by a more sophisticated structure.

Persona 5 is basically about how lolfuckadults and how you should mindrape them for not sharing your shallow, teenage view of the world.
>>
>>378790248
I could be playing EOV in english right now instead of P5.
>>
>>378790248
you do realize they knew who they were since medjed and were using them right?

im sorry OP persona 5 is too deep for you
>>
Style over substance done right, you can go back and analyze the plot for all of its weaknesses, but then again you're still humming that one theme in your head.
>>
>>378793048
>saying that from a fucking game that has the force of death come from the moon
>the same fucking game that has everyone somehow wish for death despite being braindead zombies and thus cause this
>also from the same fucking game with a magical dog and child who by the game's own fucking rules should not have magic
I could go on and on.
Anyone saying P3 is mature can cram their copy straight up their ass. It's the very game that caused all this idiotic immature bullshit in the fucking first place.
>>
>>378790248
>bitching about logic in a kids game
>>
>>378793836

all those points don't make the game "immature", I don't know if I agree with it being mature but your criteria is so shallow is funny how childish your way of judging if something is mature or not is.
>>
>>378790248
>Am I really supposed to believe that some agency in Japan wouldn't have monitored their phones as soon as weird shit started occurring, or at least wiretapped the creator of PHANTOMTHIEVES DOT ORG to get an idea of what was going on? Those fucking brats would've been ousted in a few days tops.
The entire plot of the game is about Shidou building the popularity of the PT to use them for his own goal, while pureposefully mess with the invesgation through Goro and the SIU director
>Futaba basically uses plot magic for any inconvenient problems in the story, too.
She used wiretapping and hacking, but apparently when the bad guys use it it's good, when the good guys use it it's magic
>Ryuji is an annoying, stupid faggot. Ann is boring as fuck in every possible way. Fluff comes in so late she's barely there. Morgana is a bitch.
Ryuji and Ann behave like actual teenagers, unlike the rest of the group
Morgana is great, considering he comes from the player's Velvet Room he's basically a part of yourself
>Also,what fucking 16-17 year old thinks there's some clear distinction between adulthood and childhood, or thinks of themselves as children? MUH ROTTEN ADULTS.
It's not about age, it's about power
The PT goes after those who have power and use it to abuse their peers, regardless of age
The main theme of the game is rebellion, it's not a coming-of-age story
>Am I supposed to take seriously the idea of reforming society by changing the hearts of people who cheat at video games or slap their girlfriend occasionally? Fuck off.
They do this to build the popularity of the PT so people acknowledge them and their ideals
They were not aware part of this was planned by their enemies

P5 has some legitimate plot flaws (The Metaverse rules change accordingly to the plot convenience, Goro is wasted potential), but your complaints are just subjective opinions
>>
>>378790248
>Am I really supposed to believe that some agency in Japan wouldn't have monitored their phones as soon as weird shit started occurring, or at least wiretapped the creator of PHANTOMTHIEVES DOT ORG to get an idea of what was going on? Those fucking brats would've been ousted in a few days tops.
Why would the wiretap anyone from the gang? Besides, I'm pretty sure you need a warrant for that.
Agree.
>Ryuji is an annoying, stupid faggot. Ann is boring as fuck in every possible way. Fluff comes in so late she's barely there. Morgana is a bitch.
Yes, no, yes, yes.
>Also,what fucking 16-17 year old thinks there's some clear distinction between adulthood and childhood, or thinks of themselves as children? MUH ROTTEN ADULTS.
Because that's how 16-17 year olds are.
>Am I supposed to take seriously the idea of reforming society by changing the hearts of people who cheat at video games or slap their girlfriend occasionally? Fuck off.
Those were basically just PR, quality of life changes for people.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.