[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is this praised so much? Predictable plot twists, boring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

why is this praised so much? Predictable plot twists, boring and plain characters.
APOLOGISE
>>
>>378787915
Because even though you find it boring you still wanna talk about it.
>>
Oh shit, I'm sorry
>>
Check my 5
>>
>>378788005
Sorry for what?
>>
File: 1495224227787.png (39KB, 296x389px) Image search: [Google]
1495224227787.png
39KB, 296x389px
>>378787915
>Shitting on Heart of Darkness
Come on, anon.
>>
>>378787915
How I wish it was an open world game
>>
>>378787915
You don't like this game? Ignore it.
>>
>>378788123
Agreed could have used a crafting mechanic too.
>>
>>378787915
Because it's an interesting character study disguised as your typical genre subversion piece.
>>
>>378787915
What it tries to do is rather interesting. The gameplay is ass though so it mostly falls through.
>>
>>378788013
Number rolling is non existent on blue boards. The only board you roll is >>>/b/ i suggest you go back there.
>>
I thought it was a good game. Single player was pretty satisfying and some of the decisions were funny:

>choose to shoot at the snipers rather than either of the tied up guys
>choose to let the guy burn pinned under the truck rather than shooting him
>choose to shoot at the soldiers at the end

I enjoyed it a lot
>>
haha you guys fell for my trap. I really liked the game, i just wanted to talk about it
>>
I thought it was pretty meh, but then again I went in knowing that it was (loosely) based on Heart of Darkness.

I guess if all of that had been a surprise, it might have felt a bit more novel. The gameplay itself was pretty boring standard shooter fare.
>>
>>378788445
GOT EM
>>
>>378788445
I fucking hate /v/
>>
>>378788369

>trying this hard to fit in

only dubs are disabled you dumbass
>>
>>378788369
Nice try but check my 4
>>
>>378787915
>autist needs to be different
What else is new
>>
>>378788341

I've heard a couple people say the gameplay sucked and I just don't get it. Yeah, it's your typical cover shooter and theres nothing genre-changing in it, but I feel like the controls were tight all the way through the game, the game was challenging enough that I died a couple times but not so hard I ever got stuck, your squad control works for the parts of the game it's available, the enemy types were just varied enough that you had to think a little bit during fights (Normal guy, armored guy, knife charging guy, suicide bomber guy, grenade throwers, guy on machine gun, etc) and didn't just mindlessly walk through fights with the trigger held down.

I thought the gameplay was pretty damn good for what it was. Why do people say it sucked?
>>
>>378788369
My 9 says different fag
>>
The game lost me when I had to burn those civvies with the white phosphorus to continue and then tried to make me feel bad about it.

ARTIFICIAL ATROCITIES
>>
>>378789245

After that happens, no one talks about it or mentions it again. Both of your squad mates die pretty soon after. The characters in the game that killed all those people put it behind them before you did. CIA faggots deserved it for not talking to SOCOM anyway.
>>
>>378788236
>>378788123
People like you are what's destroying the video game industry.
>>
>>378790035
tell that to Nintendo and Guerilla Games, they seem to be making bank with this shit :^)
>>
>>378789758
I remembered a flashback to it at the end, but it's been literal years so maybe I'm wrong.

I don't know what the relevance of this is, though.
>>
File: 784634.png (2MB, 2054x1342px) Image search: [Google]
784634.png
2MB, 2054x1342px
>>
>>378787915
It's a postmodern metanarrative that normies liked because it was played very straight.

Not the first game to do that though.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.