[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best let's plays of these classics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: hY7hy1e[1].png (615KB, 764x440px) Image search: [Google]
hY7hy1e[1].png
615KB, 764x440px
don't feel like wasting dozens of hours on outdated gameplay
>>
just play the fucking game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT7sjoH8Sqc
>>
They're both worth it. Give them a try.
>>
>>378787301
Not OP, but I've tried playing Deus Ex before, and the game's pretty hard to get into. Any tips? What's a good starting build?
>>
>>378787301
I really don't have the time and would rather just experience the story and characters
>>
>>378787663
the game is supposed to be about do what you want, go and explore

you play the game wrong way if you aren't creative and use it as a tool. This game is so loved because it let you have unprecedented amount of freedom to solve missions however the fuck, you please

using guides is like going to abroad but never leaving the motel
>>
>>378786720
pst is more of a well written point and click game with some janky gameplay thrown in.
>>
>>378788096
Hm, interesting. Alright, I guess I'll just play it then.
>>
>>378787663
Just don't train Swimming, at all. Demolition and Heavy Weapons aren't worth putting points into until later in the game.
>>
>>378787663
1. Put one point in computers so you can hack everything

2. The rest on pistols and max them asap

3. Pick up the starting pistol and put a scope on it

4. Enjoy the game
>>
>>378786720
10/10
>>
>>378786720
I would add both System Shocks, but the 1 is a bit dated.
>>
>>378787663
dont really need to worry about builds in Deus Ex. Any approach is good enough to beat it. Some skills are useless though like environmental training and swimming
>>
>>378787663
Download and install New Vision 1.5 and HDTP. Normal guns are the safest bet, dont train swimming. Thats it, have fun.
>>
>>378786720
God damn you sound like a retard.

Watching a let's play of either is useless because PST has lots of reading and you'd have to pause a million times. Also it's easy as fuck, so even a millenial like you should get through it.
In vcase of DX it's literally all about zhe gameplay/level design/exploration. Watching a let's play would be like watching people play the ages old ping pong game.
>>
>>378786720
I'd say it's fine to watch a Deus Ex let's play, but Planescape: Torment you have to make your own experience
>>
File: 1459421180178.png (41KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1459421180178.png
41KB, 255x200px
>>378788806

>free speech!
>banter!
>I know it's against the rules, but the rules are stupid in the first place!
>gamer culture!

>examine the actual banter on a case-by-case basis
>without fail, it's some 12 year autistic moron trying to be tough online and throwing unimaginative insults that wouldn't be out of place on a mongolian pottery consortium for maladjusted retards.

Good riddance. These kids should be put in their place and taught a lesson on owning up to their actions.
>>
>>378787663
Only put one level into swimming.
Environment shit is all useless (skill and aug).

The rest you can do however you want.
>>
File: bcbffff.jpg (36KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
bcbffff.jpg
36KB, 499x499px
>>378786720
What a weak bait
>>
Deus Ex was boring as shit to me, but maybe that's just because I'm not creative, and I ran around headshotting everybody with a pistol because for some reason it's the most accurate thing in the game.

I quit the game right after the airport though because I didn't feel like exploring another shitty town in hong kong.
>>
>>378786720
>don't feel like wasting dozens of hours on outdated gameplay

First off, you're a fucking faggot piece of shit, and secondly neither of those games LPs well. Torment is like eighty percent reading text and DX is like forty percent conversations and forty percent sneaking around. Play the actual games or don't bother.
>>
>>378792581
Don't tell me what to do, bitch.
>>
>>378791239
>I didn't feel like exploring another shitty town in hong kong
that's when the game really gets going
>>
>>378787685>>378786720
>>378792775

you arent experiencing if you arent fucking play

half the experience in deus ex is constructing your own view of the events based on the evidence you collect on your journey

if you just watch pewdiepie speedrun through every section shooting every motherfucker in sight in one of the worst programmed gunplays you are wasting your fucking time
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 217x232px
>>378792775
>Hey /v/, what's the best way to severely gimp my enjoyment of 2 of the greatest games of all time?
>Anon, I wouldn't recommend that, it really detracts from the experience
>Don't tell me what to do, bitch
>>
>>378786720
I believe Torment got an Enhanced Edition not long ago
>>
>>378787663
Skip it and watch Ross's game dungeon on it.

Deus Ex is unplayably dated.
>>
>>378793031
>>378793036
he's not OP
>>
threadbareinc's deus ex videos are pretty cool, but the main thing about those are the topics Deus Ex talks about, but you really should play the game first, unless you're a poorfag
>>
>>378793031
>>378793036
>>378793114
Baited so fucking hard. :^)

That being said, OP should skip Deus Ex altogether. It's not very good by today's standards and only gets by because of memery. HR and MD are much better in comparison.
>>
>>378786720
>muh old game doesn't hold up meme
I fucking hate everyone, please fuck off OP.
>>
Key to deus ex early is just to sneak around and pop people in the head and try an avoid those fucking robots
>>
>>378786720
I'd really suggest playing PS:T yourself.
I doubt a lets play can do it justice.
>>
>>378786720
neither is worth playing or watching. you've been meme'd
>>
>>378787663
Get good.
>>
>>378787663
Take the GEP gun.
Sneak and stun prod.
Don't use the silenced pistol, use the regular pistol and put a silencer on it, more powerful.
>>
>>378788226
Not that guy, but you should. I first played it in 2010, cause I got it for cheap on ps2. If I can enjoy it despite long load times and using a ps2 controller (it's not like modern Deus Ex HR in control), you can enjoy it running smoothly and being able to bind shit to your liking. This game is from a time when level design meant something, and when gameplay trumped CINEMATICS.

Also, you can kill characters and they won't show up later. An example is you fight some guy in a boss battle after a plot change, but you can kill the bitch early on via your explosives or what have you.
>>
>>378786720
...this is why we have bioshock infinite
>>
>>378789529
it's the other way around. deus ex is still fun to play. planescape is complete garbage.
>>
>>378794418
Fuck that game. Makes Bioshock 1 look like it's for geniuses. Couldn't even finish the game, gameplay was so shit. And level design was the most heinous of all. And I defend FFxiii, I bought a ps3 just for that game. That's how shit Infinite is.
>>
Deus Ex's gameplay is not outdated with the GMDX mod. Fixes basically every complaint you can have about the game (dodgy AI, shitty weapon feel/models, unbalanced skills/augs, bland level detail, etc), while still being faithful to what makes it great.

Version 9 is coming in a month.
>>
>>378793079
Shame they didn't take the chance to implement the cut content that was made into free add on stuff by the original team years ago. Would have been a chance to fix the ones that could occasionally glitch out.
>>
GMDX GMDX GMDX. It can't be said enough. Makes the legendary classic eternal and easily the best mod of all times for best game of all times.
If you've not played it you're not a true Deus Ex fan,
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>378786720
How autistic are you? Watch an actual thing meant to be watched like a movie instead.

What makes Deus Ex great is how you CHOOSE to interact with the characters and environment. PLAYER CHOICE. You fucking piece of shit pleb

Really hope this is bait
>>
>>378786720
Watching a Planescape LP would be like reading a book with somebody else turning the pages while they're also having a conversation and ignoring you. Why would you ever want to do that?
>>
>>378796191
To be fair, the game is very wordy and its combat is largely agreed by many to be very lacking in depth.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.