[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You nostalgia you lose.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

You nostalgia you lose.
>>
Please die alone, OP.
>>
>>378786584
I remember buying this for pc back in the day, then returning it the next day to buy ghost in the shell instead.
>>
>>378786646
2001 was 17 years ago.
>>
>tfw people complain about Halo being babbys first fps but UT only came out 2 years previously.
>>
>>378786782
No, it was sixteen years ago.

And Halo was never not a fucking joke.
>>
Remember how in the early-2000's we considered NES/SNES to be classic retros already?

Now, a game like Halo and it's already 16-years-old and somehow it's not a classic? What?
>>
>>378786810
all halo did was ape counter-strike, devs admit to this in interviews.
>>
>>378787161
Counter-Strike was a fucking mod during that timeframe dumbass.
>>
>>378787148
Many will argue it is.

It was very influential, sold a lot, and is fondly remembered by many because of the couch multiplayer mayhem.

It was the GoldenEye of the sixth gen.
>>
>>378787436
A very very popular one that it made sense to copy or compete with.
>>
>>378786584
>this game is why will will never have another MYTH game.
>>
>>378786584
even age 11 i knew not to play an fps with a two weapon switch system

kys cuck
>>
>>378787805
Too fucking casual to handle just 2 weapons? Pussy.
>>
Halo and zelda, proof that terrible games can be memorable if they have great music
>>
Halo was pretty based. Get fucked /v/.
>>
>>
>>378787017
>puts serious effort into both single player campaign and multiplayer suites, neither are half assed
>fantastic music
>great visual design
>tons of lore to dig into
>user created content tools
>high bang for your buck ratio

if Halo had been PC exclusive or multiplat, /v/ would hold it up alongside quake and UT
>>
File: freeffffff.jpg (174KB, 1680x935px) Image search: [Google]
freeffffff.jpg
174KB, 1680x935px
>it's a /v/ shits on a classic game to be contrarian episode
>>
>>378790152
Yeah, they're a bunch of faggots. They think they're so unique and "LE INTELLECTUAL" for disliking popular games. It just makes them look like a pretentious faggot.
>>
>>378787979
this
people who moan about 2 weapons are literally babbies that can't handle havingbto make sacrifices, and the most hilarious thing is that for some reason they think they're hardcore
>>
>>378793058
What? You don't even know what you're talking about. Embarrassing.
>>
>>378791017
It's obnoxius
>>
File: 0a1.jpg (27KB, 428x410px) Image search: [Google]
0a1.jpg
27KB, 428x410px
>>378789212
you do realize you can play Halo CE on pc now right?
>>
>>378794594
Are you retarded? That's not the point. The point is, if it was ORIGINALLY RELEASED ON PC /v/ would be hailing it as one of the greatest PC games of all time.

But, no, it's a fucking console game and Contrarians will make fun of people for liking Halo.
>>
>>378793495
no u
>>
File: logo.jpg (77KB, 600x352px) Image search: [Google]
logo.jpg
77KB, 600x352px
such an epic game
>>
>>378794692
Ehh... mustard racers pretty much hail CE as an excellent game, completely and totally unlike the unplayable frat-fest original that was released on Xbox.
>>
>>378795373
>Halo made in 2001
>Skyrim made in 2011

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>378787148
People don't want to accept that they are getting older.
>>
>>378796017
/vr/'s rule on retro:

>This board is for the discussion of classic, or "retro" games. Retro gaming means consoles, computer games, arcade games (including pinball) and any other forms of video games on platforms launched in 1999 and earlier.

/vr/ is a stupid fucking board. I feel like any game that's 10-years-old or older should be considered retro.
>>
>>378787436
the lead designer of halo ce said that he was a huge counter-strike fan at the time and played a ton of it, and that halo was just taking a successful formula and slapping vehicles on it.
>>
>>378796526
>slapping a formula of a game
>taking inspirations, influenced by

Pick one. Literally I don't see a formula being remotely similar to Counter-Strike at all. And also he didn't actually say this. I do believe he was inspired, not actually taking a "formula" stop being such a fucking retard.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.