[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gamepad for PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: index.jpg (7KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 268x188px
hey guys recently my Logitech f310 has been giving me trouble with its wire, so i've been thinking about getting a new wireless gamepad for pc.

Whats better PS4 or XBOX One ?

Or do you have an alternative?
>>
Xbone ftw. Get their wireless adapter as well. Works like a charm
>>
>>378781724
Xbox has better shape for holding comfortably using the sticks, but Playstation has better D-pad and buttons.
>>
>>378781724
XBone if only because the PS4 shoulder buttons get mushy as fuck
>>
>>378781724

what ever you want but most games make you use ds4 windows if you get PS4
>>
could this be a peripheral thread?

What is a good fighting stick for PC?
>>
>>378781724
I personally absolutely hate Xbox pads' feel and stick placement, but majority of the devs favor Xinput pads, so nothing I can do about it unless I x360ce every single new game that works better on controllers.
>>
>>378781724
Buy 2. Xbone and Steam controllers. You have everything covered there except for hardcore simulators and and RTS games
>>
>>378781724
Dualshock 4 is a pretty nice controller for emulation, however, being a DirectInput pad it doesn't seem to be supported by many games. The 360 controller is cheap and works with pretty much anything, but kinda sucks for retro emulation since it's D-Pad is awful for anything but menu navigation. Xbone pad is good for everything.
>>
File: controller.webm (414KB, 310x464px) Image search: [Google]
controller.webm
414KB, 310x464px
dont make the same mistake she did, get an xbox 1 controller
>>
>>378781724
The ps4 pads has drivers on Windows and work as soon as you plug them in. If you want to spoof them into and xbox pad you can do that too with Inputmapper. PS4 is objectively the best choice but you need some grips for your thumbsticks if they haven't fixed that problem yet
>>
I borrowed my friend's Xbone controller but I couldn't get it to work on my PC (wouldn't automatically install drivers and I coulodn't find working drivers anywhere online). Is it true you need Windows 10 to get Xbox One controllers to work on PC?
>>
Dualshock 4 is much better for PCs because it has an touchpad you can use as a mouse and 4 extra buttons you can bind to anything.
>>
>>378784172
I'm pretty sure you need the wireless adapter. I don't think any of the wireless Xbox 360/One controllers work with PC unless you have the special charger to charge the battery pack for 360 or the wireless adapter
>>
>>378783253
Except DS4Windows can just emulate your DS4 as a 360 pad and you can use it on any game.
A lot of games even have texture mods to change the button prompts if you're autistic like me.
>>
>>378783107
Seconding this shit. Steam Controller is amazing as long as some autist made a config for the game you want to play.
>>
File: ga_pic.jpg (8KB, 265x232px) Image search: [Google]
ga_pic.jpg
8KB, 265x232px
>mfw i spent $12 and it's pretty a-ok.
>>
does xbox one controllers come with chargers/charging cable ?

i remember dualshock 3 controller sonly came with the actual controller and you'd have to use PS3 cables or buy one
>>
>>378786696
U need standard batteries,some of them can be charged
>>
>>378783987
Is she retarded?
>>
>>378781724
>Whats better PS4 or XBOX One ?
Objectively, PS4 has more buttons, trackpad and gyro, but Xbone is plug and play on Windows.

It's all about what you like to hold, though. Go to a local brick and mortar and see if they have demo units.
Ask them if you can have a go at them to decide.
>>
>>378786696
My Xbone Elite needs regular batteries, but Microsoft has a "plug and charge" kit that's basically rechargeable batteries that work with the cord you get with it, so I got that and it works like a normal wired one with built in batteries like DS4 or Nintendo controllers.
>>
>>378781724
if you want more of the same, check out f710, its basically a wireless f310

my only complaint is that thumb buttons are really hard to press for some reason, maybe its just my unit
>>
>>378781724
I always bump gamepad threads. Specially with that beauty in the OP.
>>
File: 1491344052496.png (927KB, 647x761px) Image search: [Google]
1491344052496.png
927KB, 647x761px
>>378790560
op here
honestly im still pretty happy with it
i might even not buy a new controller and try to "fix" it

maybe i can use duct tape on part where the cable connects to the controller to stop the cable from moving

it randomly disconnects itself and then gets back to normal but its still annoying
>>
>>378781724
Steam Controller
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.