[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which one? and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 21

File: space.png (265KB, 460x430px) Image search: [Google]
space.png
265KB, 460x430px
which one?

and why?
>>
>>378778791
they're both shit
>>
Well, I've only played Endless space and Stellaris, but...Endless Space 2
>>
>>378778791
Stellaris because I can recreate the Galactic Empire
>>
Endless Space 2 is roughly a million times better on a fundamental level. It is fairly buggy and unbalanced right now so I wouldn't recommend buying it for a few months, but at its core it is a much better game than Stellaris could ever dream of being.
>>
>>378778972
the factions are so boring and uninspired in es2
>>
>>378778791
Stellaris is better in Terms of Exploration.
Endless Space has the better Strategic Part of War.
Both are quite different when it comes down to it, you should try out both of em to know what you wanna buy.

Endless Space is also better in Multiplayer imo
>>
>>378778972
"Fairly"? Endless Space 2 has a game-breaking bug that occurs at certain turns. Amplitude Studios has known about this bug for months, MONTHS, and as recently as last week (the bug thread is still active daily on their own forums) pretended like they never had the error and are "working on it".

You can sync hours into the game and hit this bug, and that's it. It's obnoxious that they not only are shirking it off, even after getting the saved files from buyers.
>>
>>378779443
can i enslave or wipe out entire species in es2? what about eating them?
>>
>>378779190
lmao i'm laffin
>>
>>378779608
>You can sync hours into the game
>sync
>>
>>378779672
If you play Cravers you can do both.
>>
>>378779190
Compared to Stellaris? Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
File: 1354143801649.png (47KB, 202x225px) Image search: [Google]
1354143801649.png
47KB, 202x225px
>Playing Stellaris
>Going to RP as isolationists who don't want xenos
>Somehow end up as a Empire that perfectly coexists with 7 different species
>mfw
>>
>>378779705
lets see...
>40k human ripoff
>smart science but weak!!!
>GRRR EVIL WE EAT YOU
>human but everyone is the same boring human
>a fucking tree
>roving clans
>wasted potential boring robots
vodyani are literally the only sort of interesting faction in the game
randomly generated factions in stellaris are more interesting and thats incredibly sad
>>
Sterllaris for extra micro-management options, and diplomacy feels a lot more satisfying. Stellaris is also good at making you feel like a warlord conquering every little bit of the galaxy.

Endless space 2 for really good ship-building depth and technology advancement. Endless is my personal favorite because I like adopting new empires and then culturally enriching fools that think they're strong enough to take me on. I preferably like Endless over Stellaris but Stellaris feels like it has more general content.
>>
>>378779608
>"Fairly"? Endless Space 2 has a game-breaking bug that occurs at certain turns. Amplitude Studios has known about this bug for months, MONTHS, and as recently as last week (the bug thread is still active daily on their own forums) pretended like they never had the error and are "working on it".

already fixed, faggot

But yeah, that's why I said not to buy it yet. It's still an amazing design and will eventually be a great game, assuming they don't abandon it.
>>
can i influence primitive species in ES2?
>>
>>378780475
What the fuck are you comparing it to?
>>
File: jon_stewart_shrug.jpg (240KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
jon_stewart_shrug.jpg
240KB, 750x500px
>>378779190
Compared to Stellaris?
>>
File: max discard.gif (175KB, 600x527px) Image search: [Google]
max discard.gif
175KB, 600x527px
>>378780475
>riftborn are robots
>>
>>378780628
Sort of. The minor factions aren't all primitive but they fulfill a similar role.
>>
>>378780662
literally any other scifi fiction?
>>
>>378781008
You're a fucking retard. Stop posting.
>>
>>378780475
If anything, Endless games are the most original with their factions.

Even their fucking AJJ LMAJU's are fucking science dudebros. EL had the best "fantasy" races too
>>
File: 1495549131164.webm (1MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495549131164.webm
1MB, 360x360px
>>
>>378778791

moo2
>>
endless space is actually a pleasure to play, it's almost serene

haven't played the 2nd one yet, but if they improved on the 1st I'll definitely check it
>>
>>378780576
>already fixed, faggot

Fixed as of 3 days ago...after months of pretending like they had NO idea and it was SOOO Strange so you literally couldn't play the game.
>>
>>378780475
>horatio
>anything but boring
Pick one

>the sophons are weak apparently
>implying you can't be bros with a craver
>a tree dude is boring now
(You)
>>
File: canvas.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
canvas.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Endless Space 2 has god-tier cinematics
https://youtu.be/CSieoQpXK4M
>>
File: Capture.jpg (73KB, 680x322px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
73KB, 680x322px
>>378781309
>>
>>378780576
>already fixed, faggot
Yeah, now you can be excited for the same diplomatic message popping up indefinitely or Vote Breakdown screen not going away.

They should've used the SEGA money to hire some actual programmers and make a proper engine.
>>
>>378781512
Cinematics AND illustrations.
>>
>>378781512

how are the space fights>?
>>
>>378781905
you pick a tactic and watch your forces fail miserably. I fucking hate it.
>>
>>378778791

>Stellaris = unfinished scam for people with too much money/who like to take it in the anus

>Endless Space 2 = Finished game for the master strategist/chad
>>
>>378782046

i'm asking about how they look

didn't have trouble with fights in es1 tbqh
>>
>>378782351
oh, they look pretty good, ship designs are great and they did a fine job with the watch functionality.
>>
>>378782351
They look pretty gud.
https://youtu.be/L3wBNTuiFBQ
The music is a lot louder in game than in the video
>>
>>378782578
>absolute control over your position in space
>it's still a reskinned naval combat
ugh, any games do space combat right?
>>
>>378782578
whoa, wtf is that gameplan thing
>>
>>378782742
Children of a Dead Earth
It's literally the only one
>>
>>378778791
Endless Space has shallow gameplay so....
>>
I prefer Stellaris due to more interesting mechanics/events.
>>
>>378778791
How is this even a question? Maybe the one with actual creativity and soul put into it? I'll never understand how people can like Stellaris' boring, lifeless, by-the-numbers, cookie cutter, bland sci-fi setting.
>>
>>378779190
Are you fucking insane?

Endless Space 2 wins this one, it's not even a debate.
>>
>>378784142
>boring, lifeless, by-the-numbers, cookie cutter, bland sci-fi setting.
Isn't that what Endless Space did to the extreme? At least the first game. And the new one just looks like the same shit + more bugs.
>>
>>378784271
Exactly. how the everliving fuck is copy and pasting the imperium of man "actual creativity and soul"???
>>
>>378784271
Does Stellaris have fucking trees or interdimensional robots, or goddamn amoebas, or people that are made of dust that suck the dust out of others to survive as its playable races? Or gee whiz i dunno make it's fucking races actually fucking different beyond surface level? Fuck no
>>
>>378784383
OK, ES2 copied 40k
Now take a look at Stellaris
>star trek
>star strek
>star trek
Ad infinitum
>>
>>378784714
Both games do races differently
I actually prefer Stellaris' method, I don't like how Endless Space does it in the sense that having races with stories and lore is cool but having only a handful of them triggers me
>>
>>378784714
They look different but their playstyles are so one dimensional and boring.
>>
>>378785009
I'm assuming you're talking about Stellaris, since all of ES's races play completely differently from one another.
>>
>>378784383
if you think united empire is a copypaste of imperium of man, then you're wrong.
>>
>>378784989
y-y-y-you do know more are coming as DLC right?
>>
>>378784929
Stellaris included the option to play as pretty much every scifi trope around, but there are no direct ripoffs quite simply because it doesn't have any set species

even the preset empires can be dynamically changed, it's entirely possible to start as the federation building UN humans and slowly over the course of the game militarize heavily and end up purging the galaxy of all non human life
>>
>>378784929
They all copied Foundation anyways
>>
>>378785208
I've played ES1, 44 hours of it and the different races are not all that interesting. Also there's only a handful of them.

Sorry, I need galaxies with 30 different races, all of which can interact with each other in interesting ways. In ES there's this barrier between the different races which prevents them from interacting with eachother more than on a superficial level.
I need cool stuff to discover and gamechanging events to happen.

I like my 4x games more on the simulation side.
>>
>>378785714
problem is that the discovery aspect of stellaris ends 30 or so years into the game

there should be more lategame exploration like say, after you unlock a specific technology for an advanced ftl drive, you can start exploring the galactic center and maybe some of the smaller satellite galaxies

could even be turned into a sort of race for the first person to find a path to the galactic center and unlock the potential of the central super singularity
>>
File: 1471052688898.jpg (33KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1471052688898.jpg
33KB, 512x512px
>>378785351
It allowed you to play as jackshit, there is no difference in playing a race. It's the same shit but slower or faster depending on autismo traits.
>>
>>378786068
there's quite a bit of difference and I'm sure in the future it'll be expanded upon
it's what happens in most paradox games, in the initial release everything feels kinda samey, and then it gets diversified throughout the years

the ascension perks are a step in the right direction
>>
>>378785714
You might not like the approach or even the races themselves, but to call ES races 'one-dimensional' compared to Stellaris' is laughable, and factually wrong. Stellaris is the prime example of looking different but playing the same.
>>
File: 0150a17911f0ac9f30473caee8e18d27.jpg (258KB, 881x1280px) Image search: [Google]
0150a17911f0ac9f30473caee8e18d27.jpg
258KB, 881x1280px
>>378785323
In Endless space 2 you mean? I don't doubt it but I don't think they will make as many races as Stellaris has
By the way I'm not saying Stellaris does it better mind you, I just mean both methods can be liked by people of different tastes. I myself like how Stellaris lets you choose a great amount of appearances and government types and so on and that results in different playsryles, even if I have to sacrifice unique stories for it
>>
>>378786228
The second point I agree with, as per Paradox work ethic, all the DLC got me 500 hours deep into CK2.
>>
>>378785323
so like 3 more awful unfun races like Endless Legend?

I'd rather expacs that affect the whole game instead of just adding lmao noscience niggers or moth people that don't do anything
>>
>>378786461
CK2's a good example, at the start you could only play as christian lords and there wasn't a lot of diversity
nowadays you have something as radically different as say the various horse nomads
>>
>>378786568
>conquering the sea and waging war on the useless landwellers is boring
Maybe this isn't your genre
>>
so given a good number of people here played both games

what are your favorite features from each game?
could be neat to see what a hypothetical "best of both worlds" space 4x would look like
>>
>>378785994
>problem is that the discovery aspect of stellaris ends 30 or so years into the game
Well, you mean for the resources you can immediately exploit, but I'm 234 years into my current game and still exploring the galaxy and surveying planets to see in which direction conquest should take me later on.
That said despite having played 66 hours I haven't played a game to completion, but I play to with the current one. Looking forward to endgame crysies and such.

There are plenty of areas to expand on I agree, but I expect it to grow like Ck2 did. At least there are already mods out which can pad out the weak areas of the game.

>>378786301
With one dimensional I mean that each race has their one playstyle and not much else. I'm also not a fan of that "scripted" storytelling. I prefer the RP possibilities Stellaris gives me.

In Stellaris most races start of quite similar, that's true, except with a sligth distinction of militaric, economic and diplomatic. But in mid to endgame you can end up with vastly different empires depending on ethics, ascension paths, events etc.
>>
>>378786632
Even excluding the different kinds of nations you can play now, I thought that vanilla CK2 was perfectly fine. All the christian lords have the same mechanics, but they don't all play the same because you're going into an already existing world, with large and small nations everywhere. This was the advantage that it had, countries were different, not because they functioned differently, but because of vastly different strategic situations. Stellaris didn't have this at all to fall back on, since like most 4x games everyone starts on equal footing, so it really disappointed me and highlighted how samey everyone plays.
>>
>>378787029
>234 years into the game
sorry to break it to you but that means the crisis' won't spawn, they spawn between 2350 and 2400

and the actual exploration ends relatively quickly given that only the first race to explore a beacon can trigger anomalies
>>
>>378786690
Naval warfare isn't fun in any 4x, it was always about land battles and tacking on boats and making a race entirely based on them certainly isn't enough to bring me back after playing all the other races
>>
>>378787029
>With one dimensional I mean that each race has their one playstyle and not much else.
Ok, fair enough, but the rebuttal would be that any Stellaris race can do anything, which pretty much defeats the points of playing other races, you could do it with that one race anyway, all the mechanics are right there from the get go. At least in ES it gives you a reason to try out the other races, even if you are "constrained" into that race's playstyle.

I'll perfectly well give you RP-potential, it's a legitimate point that the games simply differ on, neither being better.
>>
>>378786931
Can only speak for stellaris but I really liked it having no end turn button.
>>
Just picked up stellaris, it's fun as fuck and really easy to get into.
>>
>>378778858
Endless space 2 literally have a galactic empire a faction
>>
>>378787809
It's A Galactic Empire.
Not THE Galactic Empire
>>
>>378787280
>>and the actual exploration ends relatively quickly given that only the first race to explore a beacon can trigger anomalies
The AI sucks at surveying. I can give them starcharts where I have 50 starsystems explored and they will have just one outside their borders.

Also there are different crysis. AI Rebellion, Extradimensional Invaders, End of Cycle should still be able to happen. Also Awakened Fallen Empires and War in Heaven.
>>
>>378787573
there's some replayability
like how the ascension perks radically change your endgame, or how different hive minds/fanatical purifier plays or the limited access to robots, slaves etc.

granted they're not as severe as they should but but there's plenty of reason to do more than 1 playthrough

also there's plenty of events that can significantly change how the game progresses, if you haven't already try triggering the horizon signal
last game something interesting that happened was finding irradiated pre-sapients very early which in turn completely changed my gameplay plan as I could now easily claim all the tomb worlds all over, which in turn have a large amount of unique events
>>
>>378778791
ES2 without a doubt.

In three years and $200 of DLC Stellaris will probably be better though.
>>
>>378787929
end of the cycle requires some extreme powergaming to beat, it's essentially intended to be a playable game over
>>
>>378788394
Which is !fun!.
>>
>>378778791
One is a hybrid Grand Strat/4x (The Bastard child /GSG/ won't acknowledge
The other is a pure 4x

That said Endless Space 2 is better even though I had more fun with Stellaris.
>>
>>378778791
i like endless space 2 but its a broken pile of shit that desyncs constantly in multiplayer and has some bugs that have a chance to end your runs in single when youre 200+ turns in.
>>
>>378778791
ES2 will be good once it gets more major factions still holding out for a diplomancer faction like the Drakken and a ton of bugfixes, until then Stellaris is the more stable experience.
>>
>>378786931
ES2 has a better UI, better races and more meaningful differences between races, better graphics, better music, a more meaningful and transparent political system, better combat, better ship designs (visual), better quests/events (Stellaris has a grand total of one good quest chain atm), better resource management, and a much better midgame.

Stellaris has better exploration, better colony development (arguably), a much bigger (which IMO means better in this case) scope and scale, better ship design and a better endgame (because of the crisis things).

I'd also say that Stellaris has more potential for future DLC and shit, but that's mostly because it's a Paradox game and if there's one thing Paradox is known for these days it's for releasing huge amounts of DLC. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you I guess. Then again Endless Legend got quite a bit of DLC as well so I guess we'll see.

IMO the biggest difference is whether you prefer to focus on midgame or on endgame. ES2 has a much better midgame where you're developing your shit and doing quests and stuff, while the midgame in Stellaris is notoriously bad and boring. On the other hand, endgame is arguably where Stellaris (at least in singleplayer) really "starts" because you get to build huge fleets, paint the galaxy your color and battle overpowered enemies. Meanwhile ES2 endgame is exactly same as the midgame except easier because you're already strong as fuck and nothing new really happens to challenge you.
>>
How do I into Cravers
>>
I like ES2, and that is my opinion!
>>
>>378790596
The best way to play is to just be aggressive as fuck. As long as you're killing people and stealing their planets, you're winning. Takes a bit of practice of course, but the AI isn't too bright so once you git gud at the game it's not that big a deal unless you're really getting gangbanged.

It's possible to play a more diplomatic type of Cravers, but it's a bit of a balancing act because Cravers are stupid niggers who fuck up their own planets just by living on them, so you still have to keep expanding and taking new planets or you end up starving yourself of resources.
>>
This is an interesting thread.

As someone who wants to buy either stellaris or endless space 2, I'm enjoying how this thread is full of genuine discussion
>>
File: youwasteofspace.jpg (67KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
youwasteofspace.jpg
67KB, 1023x682px
>>378778791
Stellaris is 15 bucks on humble monthly right now. No reason not to grab it and whatever other keys they add in a week.
>>
File: 1493351015403.jpg (46KB, 600x703px) Image search: [Google]
1493351015403.jpg
46KB, 600x703px
>>378779190
What the fuck.
>>
>>378781207
That guy ended up being my best hero in my last big war against the Craver faggots.
>>
>>378791207
I feel like the biggest core difference between them that simply comes down to taste is whether you want an interesting story or would prefer to make your own story.
>>
>>378781308
It's better than the first one in literally every single aspect.
>>
>>378778791
Stellaris so I can subjugate filthy aliens as Zeon.
>>
>>378791517
Yeah he's one of the best combat heroes in the game IMO.
>>
Stellaris is laughably bad and the only people praising/defending it are the ones who got scammed.
>>
>>378778791
Both are not really that good although if you're an autist with a lot of imagination Stellaris is better.

Also Stellaris is going to keep adding stuff that will make RP better + more weapons + more content. ES2 will only add content with expansions/DLC.
>>
>>378778858
Sieg Kaiser Reinhard.
>>
Which game has better ai? In terms of registering your play choices and countering them, or creating plans/traps/manipulation ect.
>>
>>378791916
>Also Stellaris is going to keep adding stuff that will make RP better + more weapons + more content.

Endless Legend had more content in a single DLC than Stellaris added since release.
>>
>>378789739
>ES2 has a better UI
I compeltely disagree. The UI in ES2 is so fucking bad imo, It goes for that furutistic sleek look, but it's too cluttered with useless information while not giving information you need at the same time. The circular tech tree is complete ass to deal with as it doesn't give any clear indication at first glance at either what your researching or the benefits.
>>
>>378792341
ES2 has one of the best UIs I've ever seen, you braindead mongoloid.
>>
>>378792061
the AI in both is shit, it's just that it's more bearable in Stellaris. A slightly competent player will just buttfuck everything else in ES2 since the AI is completely stupid and starts at your level, while You will at least have some tensions in Stellaris since You have empires that start ahead of you in tech and empire building.
>>
>>378792341
>hovering over something is too hard for me
Ok.

But you remind me, the research in ES2 is also much better than Stellaris. Both because it's not a shitty RNG-fest and because each race actually has a slightly different tech tree..
>>
File: 20170602003157_1.jpg (352KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170602003157_1.jpg
352KB, 1920x1080px
Gotta have muh map-painting.
>>
>>378792520
If Endless Legend is any indicator then the AI will get better in ES2 eventually. But yeah, right now it's dumb as is the case in pretty much all of these games sadly.
>>
>>378792061
Both games have dogshit AI to be honest. It's hard to say which is better.

Stellaris AI tend to fuck up way more in big noticeable ways. Like it'll terraform the same planet every month just because it has no idea what terraforming is actually for, stockpile food even though all their citizens are robots and don't need food, or spend years trying to chase down a single ship with its entire fleet while your own fleet is raping its planets one by one. Shit like that.

ES2's AI tends to have less blatant fuck-ups like that (at least from what I've seen), but it's just bad at the game. It doesn't research the optimal tech, it never builds the optimal fleets, it doesn't optimize its build orders, it's never aggressive enough when at war, etc. So if the player has some vague clue what he's doing, you'll always beat the AI.
>>
>>378780398
You weren't rping enough
>>
File: 1479335401213.jpg (1MB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
1479335401213.jpg
1MB, 1400x788px
>>378787029
As someone with 400 hours in Stellaris and 500 hours combined between ES1 and EL (so a good idea of what ES2 will be) I can safely say that they both have strengths.

With Stellaris, the early game is fantastic. The mid game comes down to a slog and the end game is even worse once you've played through a full game or two. Once you've seen all of the unique exploration/event content in Stellaris the game dries up, and it happens sooner than you think. It's still a good game you can sink a lot of time into, but beyond your second or third game you've seen it all and there's nothing really left but the basic gameplay. And the basic gameplay is lacking in every regard. Combat is both terrible mechanics-wise and ugly, planet development is tedious even with automation mods, and everything starts to feel extremely samey.

That's where Amplitude has stood out (at least with EL, ES1 was also samey) because even though they focus more on gameplay than simulation their factions are more unique and offer vastly different playstyles. You can play probably two games per race before you run out of unique content and situations to explore, which is where it comes down to how fun the core gameplay is. I won't try to claim Amplitude has ever gotten 4x combat right, but Stellaris's is so laughably bad that even a GalCiv2-style cutscene with no inputs would be better. Everything will probably stat feeling the same eventually, but it will probably take a lot longer to reach that point than in Stellaris.

Mods do give Stellaris a leg to stand on though, and being a Paradox game it might end up being an actual great game after a few years.

my 2 EC
>>
>>378794907
Did not mean to quote you in that post anon, my bad.
>>
>>378778791
Stellaris just cause its overall better.
>>
>>378794907
Cool post but you still haven't played ES2 so it all means jackshit.
>>
>>378782268
>>
File: Roll chart.jpg (464KB, 956x640px) Image search: [Google]
Roll chart.jpg
464KB, 956x640px
>>378778791
Both games are incomplete right now. But the difference is that one day ES2 will be made complete and you could then buy the definitive edition for $30.

And we all know that Paradox will never fix Stellaris.
>>
>>378795478
nah if you've played endless space you know endless space 2

pirate both OP
>>
File: WE.gif (67KB, 485x213px) Image search: [Google]
WE.gif
67KB, 485x213px
When will Silicoid species be added to Stellaris?
I want to replicate the Chenjesu and evolve them into Chmmr
>>
>>378796459
>nah if you've played endless space you know endless space 2

I thought Endless Space 1 sucks and I really like Endless Space 2 so it seems you're wrong.
>>
>>378796783
endless space 2 is just endless space but better in every way, the biggest differences are the hero and politics systems one of which is familiar to anyone who played endless legend
>>
>>378786381
Stellaris races are literally blank slates.

They're all copys of each other with minor differences, unlike ES2 where each does require a different strategy to play as.
>>
>>378796579
species are incredibly easy to mod in (given they're pretty much visual only) so check the workshop, chances are it's in already
>>
File: stellaris.jpg (219KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
stellaris.jpg
219KB, 600x450px
>>378778791
>>
>>378780628
You can assimilate minor species into your empire, or eat them, or send them to your lava planets to work as unhappy starving slave labor.
>>
>>378780398
>that image
God damn I miss that /v/ meme.
>>
>>378797649
Ditto Stellaris
You can also fuck them up with genetic modification
>>
>>378798009
you can even force gene mod them into complete uselessness, then evict them all and force all the liberal species to accept the completely useless refugees tanking their economy
>>
>>378798183
>Manufactured refugee crises
You can do that? Really?
>>
File: Refugees Welcome.png (219KB, 614x686px) Image search: [Google]
Refugees Welcome.png
219KB, 614x686px
>>378798416
Yes
>>
>>378798416
I've never thought about it, but yes you can
>conquer other species
>modify their genes until they're shit
>evict them from your empire
>they swarm the "refugee's welcome" empires
>>
>>378797241

I haven't seen any species mods match the artistic quality of the default's except for Star Trek's aliums which are just recolored humans.
>>
>>378798416
oh absolutely, the game allows you to do a lot of stuff
granted you don't really see all the direct implications due to the game's simulationist nature but it's fun to do anyways

like how it's possible not only to farm sapient being for food but also modify them to be delicious, then nerve staple them so they can't but feel happy about being farmed for their delicious meat

that said somehow it's still impossible to blow up planets (without mods), but that might be a future dlc thing
>>
I want to be gangbanged by Horatio.
>>
>>378798678
I want to be able to build planets, MoO2 style
Will I have to settle for habitats and megastructures?
>>
Anyone who thinks the races in Endless Space 2 are "bland" or "uninspired" please shoot yourself in the face. Hard to believe taste so shit even exists.
>>
>>378798796
the game doesn't allow you to build planets outright
best you can do is build ringworlds which require stupid amounts of resources and require you to assimilate several planets into their superstructure

aside from that the closest you can get is terraforming a select group of barren planets (they're incredibly rare though, to the point usually the only planet of that type you'll ever see is mars in the sol system)
>>
Neither. Play Distant Worlds.
>>
>>378799057
>(they're incredibly rare though, to the point usually the only planet of that type you'll ever see is mars in the sol system)
Did they change the spawn rates? I last played a year ago and barren planets were pretty common
>>
>>378799208
barren planets are common, but it takes a special modifier for them to become terraforming candidates
and that modifier is stupidly rare
>>
File: π.714723ca[1].jpg (28KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
π.714723ca[1].jpg
28KB, 360x360px
Would you a Riftborn?
>>
File: 1344686316883.jpg (74KB, 800x832px) Image search: [Google]
1344686316883.jpg
74KB, 800x832px
>>378800941
Repeatedly.

They remind me strongly of GW1 chronomancers.
>>
>>378800941
Where do Riftborn babies come from?
>>
>>378798929
I don't think the ES2 races are bland, but I'll be damned if I don't find several of the minor factions a lot more interesting than some of them.
>>
>>378778791
Endless space is really pretty but it's buggy and limited
Stellaris is alright but it's kinda boring.
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.