[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CATHERINE/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (259KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
259KB, 1920x1080px
Let's have ourselves a Catherine thread. Just got done with my first playthrough and it's easily one of the most underrated gems of last gen.

>What can't you romance best girl Erica?

>Who or what is Astaroth? The mastermind behind the nightmares.

>Which girl did you end up with? Neither for me since I broke up with Catherine and Katherine dumped me.
>>
You would screw over your friend for a dirty poop chute?
>>
>girl
>>
>>378775820
I got the best Katherine ending because as I was playing the game, I thought that if I didn't mend things with Katherine I'd get some bad ending or some shit.
Wish I went for Freedom. About halfway through the game I realized there was absolutely no reason for me to try to fix things with Katherine. From what I remember, not once did the game show anything that made it look like there was any love in that relationship. Just Katherine being kinda cold and bossy, and Vincent looking like he'd rather be anywhere else

Then there's Catherine, who was kinda psycho and also a succubus so....
>>
What's with the sudden frequency of Catherine threads? Not complaining, but its weird that they're coming back.
>>
>>378775820
such a good game, I may start...
>>
I'd say watch the cutscenes on youtube but the storys so awful I probably wouldn't even recommend that.
>>
>>378777116
P5 and Catherine are visually identical in gameplay screenshots, that's the only guess I've got
>>
File: Best boy.jpg (108KB, 800x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Best boy.jpg
108KB, 800x1600px
>>378777116
I know right? The game had been sitting in my backlog for a while now. I was reminded that I needed to play it due to these threads that I really wanted to join but couldn't because I wanted to avoid spoiler. It turned out to be so good that I've been playing it non-stop. The story, the mature tone, the music, the characters, the addictive gameplay. Absolutely beautiful. Sleepy af right.
tha
So is it true that Johnny secretly loved Katherine? Because that's what he hinted at when I spoke to him in the nightmare. He's my favorite character in the game overall.
>>
>>378776876
It's hard, but you have to break out of wanting to play a game like this "right" and do what you actually want to do.
>>378777116
P5 created a lot of interest in other Fatlus entities like SMT.
>>
>>378775820
>What can't you romance best girl Erica?
you find out why in the true blue ending
trap
>Who or what is Astaroth? The mastermind behind the nightmares.
an avatar of the goddess of fertility, midnight venus
>Which girl did you end up with? Neither for me since I broke up with Catherine and Katherine dumped me.
Katherine at first, then I went and played back each ending except for the true neutral, i have no clue how to stay completely even by the end of it
>>
File: Alex Surprised.png (89KB, 261x238px) Image search: [Google]
Alex Surprised.png
89KB, 261x238px
>>378779035
>trap

Your kidding me right?
>>
Honestly it's one of the best games I've played, but I really sucked at the puzzle sections even on easy.

>>378777116
Probably mostly because of P5, but a while back the game was very cheap on psn and I think on xbox too

>>378777570
Yeah, he was in love with Katherine.
>>
>>378779194
think about all the exposition they give to Erica's backstory in the game, think of all the times Vincent, Johnny, or Orlando try to keep Toby away from her but not explain why
>>
>>378779206
I thought I was good at games but the puzzles in this game messed up pretty badly too. It's amazing how they managed to transfer the tension of the character over to the player as well.

>>378779206
Poor guy... he kept his feelings till the end.
>>
>>378779406
HEY! I get it now... so this is what he meant when he said there was something weird about his first time with Erica.... god damn it Toby...
>>
consider that you had to have been banging Katherine in order for her to have a pregnancy scare. Think of all the photos that were sent to you at the last day from you and Katherine together. She even brought you cake.
She had been going through a rough time because everyone she knows was getting married and her parents were giving her pressure. She was even having the nightmares just like you.
She loved you deeply and was fully committed to you, the game just didn't want it shown so strongly because it wouldn't be as easy to see Catherine's appeal if you saw how great Katherine was.
>>
>>378778984
>and do what you actually want to do.
I did this and somehow got the bad Catherine ending. I actually knew a bit about the endings before playing the game, but I tried to answer as honestly as possible. I wanted/expected to get the freedom ending, but I guess I fucked up at the end.
>>
I loved this game. I wish I wouldn't have sold it.
Got true Katherine ending in the first playthrough because it seemed like the correct thing to do.
>>
>>378780382
I kind of did the same my first time. I was going for the Katherine ending, but got Freedom instead
>>
>>378780369
>She was even having the nightmares just like you.

What makes you say this?
>>
>>378780369
>She was even having the nightmares just like you
Only men had the nightmares. That included Eric.
The whole killing Catherine and climbing the blocks together was one of Vincent's nightmares.
>>
>we will never get another game set in the Golden Playhouse universe
pls
>>
>>378775820
>>378779035
>>378779194
>>378779406
>>378779871
Erica's a post-op trans, not a trap. Orlando's reaction to Toby losing his v-card, Toby saying the sex didn't feel right, and Erica having the nightmares should have given it away.
>>
here's how the endings work:
there are 3 endings
>blue (responsible)
>pink (freedom)
>neutral
each ending has
>a regular
>a true
>a bad (except neutral)
how it works is
>game sees where on the morality meter you are by day 8
>asks you the 3 questions when fighting Dumazid
>questions determine if you get freedom, responsible, or neutral
>if you get mixmatching answers to your meter (say freedom answers when you had blue meter) you will get a bad ending
>if you answer all 3 questions right to the ending AND have the meter matching, you will get the true ending
>true neutral needs all 3 neutral answers AND your meter dead middle
>>
One of those games where the dub is a lot better. One of the best dubs I've heard.
>>
>>378779035
>trap
eric(a) doesn't have a dick anymore
just a mutilated pussy
>>
>>378781372

What is the difference of responsible, freedom, and neutral during gameplay?
>>
>>378781786
Not him but it's just minor changes to what Vincent says
>>
Nothing, it's there to be a moral thing. The gameplay remains the same throughout the entire game. the cutscenes do change slightly with Vincent's inner monologue
>>
>>378781786
very little dialogue in cut scenes
>>
This game is so weird. It wants to preach to you that a responsible relationship is what men should strive for, but makes it look fucking awful with both the girls just being lifestealing shitters in their own ways.
Then it also tells you that, yes, women also cheat but it's somehow worse if men do it.
It's like you're supposed to come out from it feeling super depressed. Freedom is the only sane ending.
>>
Is there any way I can play this on my PS 4? I miss this game but my 360 RROD'd
>>
>>378782740
>It wants to preach to you that a responsible relationship is what men should strive for, but makes it look fucking awful with both the girls just being lifestealing shitters in their own ways
the only reason it looks like that is because you related too much with vincent, who is stupidly indecisive and going nowhere in life, constantly asking his friends for advice but sitting on his thumbs
the only reason he even gets to go to space is pure luck and that's in the good neutral ending
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.