[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guy that works a microsoft distribution warehouse here. They

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: 1496033300468.jpg (29KB, 469x469px) Image search: [Google]
1496033300468.jpg
29KB, 469x469px
Guy that works a microsoft distribution warehouse here. They just got a shipment of the new Surface Pros.

>tfw one of the somalian guys that drives the forklifts double stacks them, breaks over 36m dollars worth of product, and still works there

Also, we shipped out the Xbox Scorpio devkits like, a month ago.

ama
>>
>>378775048
>tfw somalian guy

Im truely sorry for you
>>
>>378775048
>>tfw one of the somalian guys that drives the forklifts double stacks them, breaks over 36m dollars worth of product, and still works there

As a former forklift driver, I know this pain ( kind of, never dreamed of touching 36 million in merch )

It fucking blows when you drop a pallet, or a machine you're moving. Thankfully, the worst I ever did was scratch a machine, and fuck up a rolling dock door.
>>
>>378775197
they're fucking everywhere man, every warehouse I go to are hiring the shitskins instead of american workers

>>378775202
microsoft doesn't give a fuck, none of them are in any secure cage because they don't even have one big enough for all the product
>>
>>378775363

ANYWAY

What do the devkits look like?
>>
>>378775509
They were under constant surveillance physically and had a security guard watching them at all times. If I had about 4 more guys, a taser, and a van I could have nabbed a full skid on a saturday when all that's there is the guards
>>
>>378775932

So basically no one even knows what they look like because they're in boxes in cages with beefy dudes looking tough all over.

Welp.
>>
>>378776075
Yeah. I could have but would have lost my job, plus they were wrapped in chicken wire with black tarp, it was a shitton of sec honestly
>>
>>378775202
Kek, I dropped a pallet of toilets once and did a double take nobody saw, then stacked them back on the pallet. The warehouse I worked at would take everything out of your pay. It's a great way to make sure damaged items are never reported.
>>
File: 1353260833470.jpg (4KB, 132x146px) Image search: [Google]
1353260833470.jpg
4KB, 132x146px
>>378776361

>dropped toilets

Why am I laughing? Wouldn't that have been loud as fuck?
>>
>>378775048
Ayy, I've been working with one of those devkits, I'm a QA for microsoft games.

It's kind of neat. Just a more powerful XBO, runs all the same software and stuff.
>>
>>378775048
Why is someone without american citizenship working there?
>>
>>378776636

Isn't the software just a weird shell over Win10?
>>
>>378776710
The devkit, at least, runs 1:1 XBO developer OS.
>>
>>378776706
SOmething about tax breaks with letting immigrants work for you
>>
>>378776710
How much would you say one of those is worth?
When did they arrive?
>>
>>378776934
I mean, it does 4k (And well), so the guts are pretty decent. I'd put it on par with a midrange gaming PC from my experience.

The thing has a white shell with a black base, and has vents on the side/front that blow out the back, so you can stack them without overheating.

They sound like a fucking jet engine, though.
>>
>>378777336
Also, we got them about two weeks ago or so.

I think they will probably be abhorrantly expensive for a console, I'd expect $600-$800 range.
>>
>>378775048
>They just got a shipment of the new Surface Pros.
tell me about these surface pros...
>>
>>378777541
They can't take them out of the box but we got a shitton of them
>>
>>378777635
so you can say nothing...

what use are you? get outta here
>>
>>378777873
Oh so you'd never like to know when things ship?
>>
>>378777973
if you can't talk specs or any other features about any of these. How can I care about something I know nothing about?
>>
>>378778130
Haha, Alright my dude. Not risking my job just to satisfy your curiosity
>>
I'm not sure anyone cares.
>>
>>378778272
woooah look at me! I post about being near some computer chips but have zero details about them.

this thread is gonna go far. Surface pro ships 15th of June btw
>>
>>378778272
Don't worry about it, this is constant. Any time it comes up in conversation that I'm a QA tester for microsoft games, people just get mad when I tell them I can't immediately spill the beans on unannounced projects.

Like, no fucking shit. Not only would you get fired, but you'd also get sued for damages. Having a AAA company run your life into the ground isn't worth a few videogame leaks on the internet.
>>
>>378778558
difference is this bozo made an AMA thread when really he just wanted to have a racist rant about the somalian dude
>>
>>378778856
There are way worse threads every single hour. I thought it was interesting, I like hearing about other people who work behind the scenes in the industry.
>>
>>378778997
"behind the scenes" is not being a stock room boy in a warehouse. get in the sea
>>
>>378778498
He said waht he does and "ask me anything," and not "make me do anything."
>>
>>378779115
Stop being mad. If the thread or OP doesn't interest you, you don't really need to sit around and complain about it. I'm sure you have better things to do.

You... DO have better things to do, right?
>>
>>378775048
I tried the SurfacePro 2 and 3 a couple years back when I was picking out a new laptop. Spent about two weeks with each before returning them.

Having toyed around with the first one as well, I can safely safe that the Surface series was getting worse and worse, and constantly left out important information about their shortcomings in the sales information.

Let the Somali guy drive all of them.
>>
>>378779437
I like my Surface Pro 2, I used it for a long time.

Mostly for playing Runescape on the couch, but whatever. It's a nifty little machine.
>>
>>378776361
>dropped an entire pallet of fucking toilets

Anon how did anyone not notice you placing a bunch of broken porcelain back on the pallet what the fuck
>>
>>378777473
Anything more than $400 USD will make it DOA
>>
>>378779670
2 was MUCH better than 3, true. Mainly because the resolution was a proper standard, and the pen pressure worked as expected.

But the buttons on the pen couldn't be remapped, the stand was rather mono-functional, and the USB ports were woefully underpowered even when the device was connected with the charger.
>>
I found out at work today that we aren't allowed to wear earphones anymore because last week a guy at a different store got ran through with a forklift fork.
>>
>>378778558
>Any time it comes up in conversation that I'm a QA tester for microsoft games
It only comes up because you bring it up. Also we're on an anonymous board, it's pointless ego stroking to announce you're working at a games company without giving any more information.
>>
>>378780573
I thought it was pretty standard that you can't use headphones or listen to music in warehouse jobs. It's begging for trouble.
>>
>>378780421
The most basic model is reported by C-net to cost over $900.

It'll be rather DOA compared to popular devicese. But the line only exists for Microsoft to impress their investors and a select few business men anyway.
>>
>>378780771
>>378780421
OH sorry, you were talking about Scorpio. I thought that was Surface Pro 5 you meant.

I did think 400 sounded very optimistic.
>>
>>378780735
I'm not here to personally entertain you, sorry
>>
>>378778558
I'm your boss and what are you doing on this imageboard?
>>
>>378780760
I never did but apparently it was tolerated.
>>
>>378781114
So what are you here for exactly? Because it seems like you're just here to stroke your own ego and don't want to entertain ANY of us with any relevant info about your supposed job
>>
>>378777541
https://www.cnet.com/news/surface-pro-5-specs-price-release-date-rumors/
>>
>>378780894
Yeah I was talking about Scorpio. Being realistic, there's no way a +$500 console would sell well in the current market no matter how powerful it is. Your average joe doesn't want to pay $600-$800 for a console with marginally better graphics and 4k. Especially when its already sharing the same library with pre existing console.
>>
>>378781382
Well, I'm here right now because I though OP's thread was interesting and the fact that he shipped Scorpios is relevant to me, since I personally received one of those Scorpios to use.

But if you're interested I could share plenty of stories about how terrible the development practices of AAA companies are, and the relationship between developers and QA testers.
>>
>>378781382
He's here to argue with numbskulls like you about absolutely nothing at all, apparantly.
>>
>>378781698
Honestly, I couldn't even see myself buying it as $350.

But like the PS4pro, I assume it really only exists for the Xbox ingeneral to not look outdated to the public and a select few elitists. It'll eventually cost the same as a standard One anyway, and will just be a torch bearing. A stalling mechanism.

Both Sony and Microsoft need these because they know they didn't do anything new this gen outside of POWAH.

Well, they arguably did, but what they did very few wanted any of.
>>
>>378782319
The difference with the PS4Pro is Sony has enough of a lead and can afford to market a slightly more powerful version of a console thats already selling well, especially when its only $100 more than the base console. While the gap in performance netweem the two is much smaller, at the end of the day price is what matters more to the end consumer.

And even after all that is considered, the PS4Pro still did not sell nearly as well as either the PS4 slim or even the Xbone. Microsoft doesn't have anywhere near the same amount of leverage to sell a more powerful version of the same console. Impressing the elites and general public with POWAH doesn't mean jack when it costs twice as much as the competition. If the purpose of selling a $600-$800 current-gen console refresh is to stall the other console's lead in sales, it's going to do so pretty poorly.
>>
>>378782319
>>378783586
Also by the time it costs the same amount of the standard Xbone, which you can already find for cheaper than even the PS4 slim, Sony and maybe even Microsoft will be launching their next gen consoles so Scorpio still won't be a factor for most people. If Microsoft slashes the price in half early then the initial launch is essentially a semi-paper launch meant to dupe the absolute hardcore xboners into early adoption.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.