[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain to me why this isn't the best RPG of the last decade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

- Some of the best 2D animations I've ever seen
- Great mechanics for a SRPG
- Pretty good story
- Best girls in any series so far

Why is nobody talking about this game? It's literally a masterpiece...
>>
played the demo on switch, it was actually great.
>>
File: best girl.jpg (111KB, 586x446px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
111KB, 586x446px
>>378772453
Xenoblade and Xenoblade X are better.
>>
>>378772453
4 was better
>>
>>378772453
>Best 2D animations I've ever seen

I wish summer was over.
>>
i got the demo and i just leave the game on while in the hub for the music and i play other shit on my pc
>>
SRPGs are niche and RPGs with more standard gameplay are easier to get into. It has quite a few mechanics that can be overwhelming to some people, especially those who haven't tried a few other SRPGs. The characters can get a bit annoying at times. Seraphina and Zeroken come to mind, but it wouldn't be hard to dislike any of them

I've been playing the shit out of it, it's fun and great, but best RPG in the last decade is a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>378772453
Disgaea don't have any kind of tactic other than "hit the enemy as hard as you can", having a mage in your party basically ensures not just victory but also overkill, in reality it is all about waifus, loli waifus.
>>
i got the switch versiona nd it gave me 1mil HL. i just finished the mushroom world and im out of money. How do i farm more cash for the new equipment? just rerun old levels? also what the hells the point of the thief? i spent 200k on one and it seems useless
>>
>>378773843
>in reality it is all about waifus, loli waifus.
I fail to see the problem here.
>>
File: 1488452483406.png (144KB, 633x900px) Image search: [Google]
1488452483406.png
144KB, 633x900px
It's not Sony EXCLUSIVE anymore so it's fucking garbage.

Fuck off nintenyearbabies
>>
>>378774332
That has been the only reason of why Disgaea is still alive, but that is fine this world need more lolis.
>>
I love it but having mostly only played FFT previously I feel like this game throws tactics and strategy out of the window. Just buff and brute force everything. Maybe post game will be better
>>
I could never get into Disgaea. I tried 4 first and the characters are insufferable and the story terrible. Then I bought 5 for PS4 and I played it for about 4 hours and then stopped. Just don't enjoy it despite being a fan of most SRPGs.
>>
>>378772453
Wait, it's ok to like Disgaea 5 now? what the hell happened.
>>
>>378774182

Is the item world not a thing anymore? Just got a ps3 and the disgaea triple play collection and I've farmed so much money simply by leveling in the item world.
>>
>>378776098
The Switch put it on the map.
>>
>>378776010
My exact experience as well.
>>
>>378776240
i went through that once to upgrade a key. didn't know you can go there for money
>>
>>378776010
>>378776384
What are some good SRPGs? Preferably with waifus.
>>
>>378774182
How did you blow through so much money? You don't even need to spend that much. I am at 900K and I am on the world after that one. IIRC you should have the item world, and a run at ~lv22 (as the item decides) should net you a lot of cash and a better item.
>>
>>378776547
You can upgrade any item to give them bonus stats. and you got a fuckton of exp, HL and mana.
>>
>>378773843
The skills are fun, man. Plus, I keep my party underleveled on purpose to add challenge. Disgaea is as ahrd or as easy as you make it. If you whine about it being too easy, you yourself are the casual responsible for it. Other RPG's box you in to their strict way to play, but not this one.
>>
>>378776661
so do you upgrade a weapon to make it stronger? when i went thru it to upgrade the key it was boring as hell because all the enemies had like 9 hp. im assuming you just rush to the red portals early on?
>>
I started skipping cutscenes in the PS4 version and I like it a while lot more. Is Disgaea generally known for shitty stories/characters? Am I missing out?
>>
>>378776884
Not him but if you use a better item then they are a higher level on avg.
>>
>>378776884
you can upgrade weapons but i don't advise it.
i leveled a pretty good axe to level 10 only to get an even better axe at that point, making all the shit i did pointless. i prefer upgrading the all-stat items, stuff like Imperial seal, Dark Rosary, Devil ring, etc.

it tells you what level enemies will be inside the item before you go in, the key was level ~10 or something. i personally haven't done any skip panels yet. i still tend to clear every room in 1-2 turns since you don't get the weapon upgrade if you skip the room.
>>
>>378777406
>>378777272
alright gotcha. is there a specific number of member you guys use to get through the story to avoid everyone being underleveled? currently i have 7
>>
>>378776098
>what the hell happened.

Same thing as MHXX, it was released on Switch, so all the fucking early adopters (A GOOD CHUNK OF THE BOARD), are hyping them to fell better with their purchase.

Its kind of a derivation of the post-purchase rationalization syndrome.
>>
>>378777578
I am on Ch6 and I kind of rotate around like 15 units or so with them anywhere from 20-30lv atm

I am at 43hrs tho due to mana farming, a bit of reincarnation and trying to unlock stuff
>>
TIMES ARE CHANGING

PEOPLE SAAAAAAAY

I DONT BUY IT
>>
>>378777578
i use 10 dudes. sometimes i retire them to become research slaves and hire new ones i unlocked.

>underleveled
lmao. all my dudes where level 50 at chapter 7 where the average enemy is level 30
>>
>>378772453
It's one of the worst games in the series, that's why it sold poorly. Try D2 psp or D4 vita. D1 PC is still by far the best disgaea experience I have had, second maybe to D1 on the psp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2MpBuRHabU
>>
File: 1485494931478.png (699KB, 1112x621px) Image search: [Google]
1485494931478.png
699KB, 1112x621px
>thread is full of story mode only causal fags that will never kill Baal or steal from an item god.
>>
>>378772453
>- Some of the best 2D animations I've ever seen
no. The sprite based animations are nice and all but there are so many other games that do this 2D thing better. So in this case, the animations are just "good" not "some of the best"

>- Great mechanics for a SRPG
Yeah, one of the best SRPGs out there

>- Pretty good story
Shows that you haven't finished it. The characters are cringeworthy, one of the chapters is literally about them going after some curry, the story is pretty much as generic anime trope as possible.

>- Best girls in any series so far
Ohohohohohohohoho no

>Why is nobody talking about this game? It's literally a masterpiece...
We talked about it 2 years ago, when it was released
enjoy your game, I know I am enjoying replaying it now
>>
Hey does the switch have achievements or trophies or whatever?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.