[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of Factorio?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1465697632542.png (3MB, 1163x1270px) Image search: [Google]
1465697632542.png
3MB, 1163x1270px
What does /v/ think of Factorio?
>>
>>378768546
What is it? The other spiritual successor to Spacechem?
>>
Overpriced trash
>>
Underpriced magnificence.
>>
>>378768974
>100s of hours of gameplay for $20

Vs

>20 hours of "gameplay" AAA cinematic experience for $60
>>
>>378768974
hi poor
>>
It's honestly no different than prison architect from a gameplay and goals perspective. It's also very much the same as a mobile clicker game as well.
>>
>>378769485
Yep, just like how Breath of the Wild is no different than Overwatch.
>>
pretty good game, but /v/ contrarians will say otherwise
>>
>>378769735
It's true though. The whole game is built on a hamster wheel notation.
>gather
>build
>unlock stuff
>build it
>expand
>build
>expand
>build
>automate
>sit and watch the game for an hour then get bored
>>
File: 1475814675350.jpg (489KB, 2000x1859px) Image search: [Google]
1475814675350.jpg
489KB, 2000x1859px
>tfw not inteligent enough for blue flask automation
>>
>>378769880
this is the stupidest thing I've heard all day
>>
>>378770045
Sorry you wasted, presumably, 100+ hours on the game and still didn't realize at its core that this game is no different than what I mentioned.
>>
>>378770124
why is the time wasted?
>>
>>378769880
Same with Overwatch and Breath of the Wild
>find enemies
>use abilities to deplete their health bar faster than yours
>if you die, start over
>if you live, push forward
>repeat forever
>>
>>378768546
Is it ever going to come out of Early Access? I bought it before it reached Steam, now I'm just waiting for it to be complete.
>>
>>378770629
stop rationalizing with an actual retard, you won't get anywhere
>>
>>378769943
You should have those things automated already. If you're bulking most things by hand by the time you get the blue assembling machines, you're playing the game wrong. You should be having everything built automatically.
>>
>>378768546
>runs like butter on toasters

How do they do it?
>>
>>378769943
Trust me when I say Factorissimo mod. Being able to readily subdivide your shit and even easily move entire systems around, only dismantling 1 thing, is amazing and helps you understand much more easily.
>>
File: Untitled.webm (40KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.webm
40KB, 320x240px
I'm working on a mod, but I'm new to lua. How do I do a proper null check? The null checks I use always return true, and I'm not sure if it has something to do with the API or not.
>>
>>378770843
Actual software engineers who enjoy optimizing the game with no real deadline.
>>
>>378770843
The developers are autists
The playerbase are autists
Shit, I'm pretty sure anyone touching this game becomes an autist.
>>
I really dislike the whole deal with having to manually build mining stations.
Would be more fun if you had a set amount of resources per time unit and had to deal with that, kinda like Spacechem.
>>
>>378771250
>The release version will be ~2 years from now
>It'll probably be in the experimental patches for several months on top of that
>>
I made like 500 robots then made them build some big mines for me.

i realized i have to build blue science and that was the moment i alt-f4'd because that's all the game is

it's just a lot of stupid grinding and busywork.

i've only got a shitty laptop though so it's not like i have any good alternatives.
>>
>>378771354
>manually build mining stations
Only until you get access to tier 2 Assemblers.
>>
>>378771354
Actually this game is the opposite of autism. People who have autism will hate this game the most, like this guy >>378771367
>>
>>378771478
I mean laying them down, linking them up to factory (train routes or belts), dismantling them once they're used up.
I'm pretty sure you can't automate much of that without mods.
>>
>>378771354
Anon, this is a game about pure, unrefined, autism.
The only way to combat that is with more autism.
http://autotorio.com/outpost
>>
>>378771706
No, you can. It's called Blueprints. Red one also causes nearby Assembly Robots to dismantle anything selected, including ones in your Power Armor.
Blueprints will cause nearby Assembly Robots to build the thing on the Blueprint 1:1. You may need to trim the edges for oblong ore deposits.
>>
>>378771760
Pretty cool, but you still have to set it up manually, then dismantle it once it's done.
You can't do anything like:
>autocalc outpost size
>request x laser turrets for replacement of the lost ones and have train deliver them (in b4 circuits - you can't program trains automatically, it's lots of manual work)
>automatically designate 0 resource mines for dismantling (not even with circuits)
Meaning you can't really optimize mines much. It's just
>put shit in place
>wait till it's done
>dismantle shit

It's not my brand of autism - I prefer squeezing factories, spaghettifying belts, stuffing assemblers around beacons and the like.
Shit where you can pennypinch like a jew with a handful of coupons.
>>
what do i do after automating green/red science into labs. do i go to a new area of the map to make steel...
>>
>>378773239
Up to you, but yeah. You should get on Steel production early so you can make a bunch of Electronic furnaces when you finish that Research in my opinion. Not having to load coal into your Furnaces is a huge boon.
>>
>>378770735
Lol you can't even try to refute my points because I'm not wrong. Notice how I didn't say the game was bad. I was just stating it's fundamentally flawed.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.